[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Rough key points of the blog above

-- MLE's plot is more like the movie The Great Gatsby

-- The writer want to discuss when someone owns almost everything (fame, fortune, being handsome etc) What's the meaning of love for him?

-- JJM's first shooting was filmed several days ago.

-- Joo Jin Mo lost 5kg weight before acting.

-- In the first shooting there are real reporters on set.

-- JJM sweated a lot during the shooting for there were too many persons but there was no air conditioner and in case making noises the door of the room was shut. And he sat in the light always.

-- The teasers are like movie-made.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-- The writer want to discuss when someone owns almost everything (fame, fortune, being handsome etc) What's the meaning of love for him?

-- JJM sweated a lot during the shooting for there were too many persons but there was no air conditioner and in case making noises the door of the room was shut. And he sat in the light always.

​Those questions raised by the reporters including 

-- Your ideal type

-- Your face size

-- Your ways of maintaining abs

Which made JJM a little bit embarrassed and laughed but the shooting went on well.

@salijoo New synopsis for MLE

I love you to death never be replaced by another love 
life absolutely unique bond of sympathy. 
Their extraordinary story can not say that only fate. 
But they forged ties with the sad fate never be together for life. 
Drama is talking about. 
The completion of the fateful love Not married ... 
the fate of separation, their desperate love story begins. 

Dong love 
will be broadcast May 29 9:45 at night. 
We watched a lot.

It tells the tragedy end. -0- They mustn't get married.

​@lucy13880,  Hi I hope you don't mind my translating the article with the help of google 

Guest meelis

WOW, @lucy13880, you're on a roll today!:D  Thanks for all the info! 

That's what I thought about that pic too, that it's the setting for the In the Mood for Love teaser.

Guest meelis

​Those questions raised by the reporters including 

-- Your ideal type

-- Your face size

-- Your ways of maintain abs

Which made JJM a little bit embarrassed and laughed but the shooting went on well.

​So they were indeed reporters, not actors, as we thought? And they had a real presscon? Interesting.:o

LOL, @lucy13880, then everyday will be a holiday from now on.xD

Actress 김미진 character 미순 

boss of beauty parlor

@salijoo 

her brother 동규 (actor 미순의) remember? The character has scene with Hyun Soo.

http://m.blog.naver.com/minki0508/220352688447

This guy looks like ji eunho's manager in the script reading, eunho yelled at him saying something like: "its my script" LOL anyway thanks for all these goodies!!! Don't have access at Soompi with my laptop so can't write too much...

@salijoo New synopsis for MLE

죽도록 사랑해 결코 다른사랑으로 대체될수 없는 
절대적 교감의 인생 유일한 인연. 
운명이라고밖에 말할수 없는 그들의 특별한 이야기. 
하지만 그들은 결코 인생을 함께 할수없는 슬픈 운명으로 맺어진 인연. 
드라마는 얘기한다. 
운명적 사랑의 완성이 결혼이 아님을... 
헤어짐이 운명인, 그들의 처절한 러브스토리가 시작된다. 

사랑하는 은동아 
5월 29일 밤 9시 45분 방송됩니다. 
많은 시청 바랍니다.

It tells the tragedy end. -0- They mustn't get married.

My take on the synopsis, MLE may be melo-ish, just like The Great Gatsby, or even In The Mood For Love and Comrades: Almost A Love Story. But writernim may give us a twist despite (intentional?) directing our attention to the similarity of MLE to TGG. It's not certain yet whether we are going to get a sad ending. From this synopsis, it may not be too bad or too sad. Only time will tell as the drama plot unfolds ...

(My take ...after tweaking with translation from Korean to Chinese to English)

---------------

​I love you to death. Forever, there will not be another love that will replace my love for you.

Living is absolute. Piteous love is a form of debt (karma).

Their special story. Their destiny. It's not something (to stop talking about) to ignore.

The fateful relationship they have. Their sorrowful fate. They exist in each other's lives forever.

This is what this drama talks about... 

Is fate and destiny just about falling in love and getting married?

Separated by fate, but loving each other against all odds...their love story begins.

My Love Eun Dong.

Premieres on May 9 at 9.45pm (KST)

Anticipate greatly.

----------------

Thank you all for your updates *thumbs up*

Is it just me....JJM and KSR look somewhat awkward (or is it shy?) with each other at the scriptreading. Hoepfully, as they begin filming, and continue getting along while filming, their awkwardness or shyness with each other will dissipate. MLE Fighting!

Guest meelis

@jadecloud, thank you for the translation! It's beautiful... and it says nothing.xD The story could develop in any direction.

It's not just you, they do look awkward, I don't know about KSR, but JJM is always like that when he gathers with a new team for the first time. That's why he invites afterwards the whole cast and crew (whether it's a movie, drama, musical) to have drinks together. He says it's because of others to feel relaxed and get to know each other, but I think it's mainly because of himself (he admits he's shy with strangers).:P

‘My Love Eun Dong’ Releases Its First Teaser

New JTBC Friday-Saturday drama ‘My Love Eun Dong’ released its first teaser on May 4.

In the video, Joo Jin Mo is holding a solo press conference. Reporters ask him questions and he replies back wittily, showing the confidence of a top star. Wearing a clean-cut suit, Joo Jin Mo looks relaxed and comfortable in front of the press.

The reporters asked him, “What are the benefits of being famous?” and “How do you maintain your abs?” He took the conversation casually and relaxed, showing his nonchalant personality as a celebrity. However, one question wiped the smile his face which was “The reason you are writing an autobiography is because you’re trying to find someone. What is that person’s actual name?” He replied, “My fiancée… name is Ji Eun Dong,’ surprising everyone.

During this press conference, top star Ji Eun Ho (Joo Jin Mo) reveals to the press that he is publishing his autobiography in order to find his first love. Revealing her name, syllable by syllable, the grief of missing her can be felt in his eyes.

It teaser flashes back to when he was 17-year old Hyun Soo (Jr.) and shows him in his twenties (Baek Sung Hyun) with 20-year old Eun Dong (Yoon So Hee). Showing bits of the past 20 years, it gives viewers a glimpse of the two’s tangled faith.

Meanwhile, ‘My Love Eun Dong’ is a melodrama about one man’s innocent love for one woman that will shake the hearts of viewers with its romantic storyline.

Source: BntNews

Thank you everyone for lots of new goodies...

@valsava, @jadecloud - thank you both for translations.

@jadecloud - I like your comparison to "Comrades: Almost a Love Story." I saw it a while back in a festival.

Your musing about the direction the scriptwriter is heading led me to look him/her? up. Looks like before this drama he/she? penned one 2-episode drama "The Story of Kang-Gu." I might try to watch it before this drama airs.
The director - Lee Tae-gon-I - has quite a few drama under his belt. I have only seen his first (Tropical Nights in December), and would love to watch Queen Insoo, if we are ever so lucky to have it with Eng. subs. He too has a one episode drama "Lunch Box" but I think it is not as readily available for viewing with eng sub.

@irilight,  Hi how are you these days. Thanks for the article but I decided to stick to one of my ritual not to read any articles and just watch this drama with and open mind so I don't be disappointed if it don't turn out as I expected  

Guest meelis

@irilight, the writer is more or less a rookie, this is her first full length drama. @salijoo watched The Story of Kang Gu and was disappointed with it, said it was boring and slow (I have it downloaded for weeks now, but still haven't watched it). On the other hand, she won several script competitions, including she has a script daesang from MBC ( @salijoo investigated on her, but all the info remained in the old thread, not sure I'm providing the correct info by memory, maybe @salijoo will tell you more when she has access to Soompi). We certainly hope that the writer penned a better script for MLE (it looks like that at least from what we know about it so far). 

About the director, I've only seen his The Last Scandal of My Life some years ago, it shares some similarities with MLE as a story line, so I hope he'll make MLE as entertaining as TLSOML was.

Here is what I learned about the story of the drama from the Chinese translation by Splashcoco at Joo Jin Mo Magic Castle: 

In 1995 first-year senior high-school student Hyun Soo met 13-year-old Eun Dong with bright eyes who did not have parents looking after her but was still spirited and carefree. He was touched by her but parted from her before anything happened.

In 2005 Hyun Soo was a volunteer(?) actor who knew that the audience' comment on him was he had handsome looking but not outstanding acting skill. One day he ran into Eun Dong and they had a spark with each other. But Eun Dong disappeared again without telling Hyun Soo the reason.

In 2015 Hyun Soo become a top Korean actor named Eun Ho who have both fame and wealth and is the envy of all men. But he feels void in his heart. He thinks that "it's impossible for Eun Dong not to know me as long as she is in Korea. But she did not come to see me. Is it becuase she is dead or becuse she did not know I am looking for her? " So Eun Ho decided to write an autobiography of the memory of those few days when they were together.

But Eun Ho never wrote before. So he hired Jung Eun through his friend's recommendation. He tape recorded his story and sent it to her. She writes by only listening to the recording and feels the love story told by Eun Ho is like her own

PS. According to this description, there may be not many scenes of Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang together at leat in the first few episodes.:(

Archived