[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Just completed ep 15..

If in 16, taieke is trying to call our heroine on saturday to tell her that rich guy likes her.. I am doomed..

I mean l love both of them...but damn this series.. why r they building up importance of taike like this... from being the most protected at the start of the series...its him turning into the protector for all.. 

I guess that's a lesson of friendship..

Whom whom did you folks were shipping for to have been so hurt by the ending..:blink: i don't even want to gues.. i can't guess..

this way or that.. its painful..

Let the farting guy marry her.. :crazy::tears:

Sorry i am just saying..no spoilers plz :P have 5 more episodes togo

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

YAASSSS I'm going to see the ahjumma trio on 'Taxi' especially my queen mama Kim :D  Aww at the epic hug between her and RJY. I guess he really does treat her as a "noona". One of my favorite acres from the drama is Junghwan apologizing with the chestnuts, or his "ommma" after doing things like burn fingers just so she feels loved and needed :wub::wub: Junghwan was so good to his family and showed them his love. I grin like a fool just thinking about the awkward "happy to see you" greet he did with his dad. Can the Kim family please be the center of Reply 2002 please and thank you. 

Cheetah nuna is just so beautiful. I ship her with Junyeol after the epic hug in Taxi. Well, Ryu Joon Yeol is just shippable with anyone. I ship him with that KBS interviewer too. LOL.

I love your idea. The Kim family is so loving! In 5th ep we knew the hardship Miran's felt living with the boys. The three of them living like animals!! But beautiful loving animals at that. They really loved her so much. The menopause scene is just emphasized their love for the great Miran. She sure is lucky living with Kim Sajang, Jungboy and second daughter Jungpal. I also cried like Ryu Joon Yeol in 8th ep, when Jungbong said he was sorry to his mom because he was weak. Arrghhh, Jungboy Ra Miran!!! Let me hug you!!!

30 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Hi dear this is not a question relevant to this drama.

Please ensure that at least part of your posts relate specifically to the drama in topic. 

Anyway to answer you, they have school from morning to late afternoon/evening mostly, after which they go to cram schools till late at night or they just stay in school till late night. This can be different for different schools i think.

Almost 2 weeks since the drama ended!!! I miss Bora unnie ~~~ i loved her wise advice to people around her, always given at appropriate junctures and well thought out. 

Cheetah omma too, where can i get more of her awkward singing/dancing hahahahhh!!!! ( She rocked it though.)

RE shipping, i dont know about all of you but all i know is Taek loves JH and JH loves Taek. Ryu Jun Yeol loves Park Bo Gum and Park Bo Gum loves Ryu Jun Yeol. Let's all love and act lovingly. Im sure these two lovable men would want that too :) 

he he.. they are showin gonly studying in the drama..so that's why wondering..seemed unrealistic

24 minutes ago, lala14 said:

Cheetah nuna is just so beautiful. I ship her with Junyeol after the epic hug in Taxi. Well, Ryu Joon Yeol is just shippable with anyone. I ship him with that KBS interviewer too. LOL.

LOL it seem that we are on the same page. I also didn't really see you before here at soompi. Are you posting often before ?.

I also quitely ship miran with junyeol. Both seem on the same wavelength regarding their passion for movie and acting. RJY really respect and admire her. It's shown in his eyes and the way he speaks about her (the V-app interview).

And I love ra miran latest suggestion to RJY "Forget this character and move on as soon as possible and think about your next role/project". She gave the same suggestion to hyeri because hyeri seems so down after the confession scenes. :)

I also ship him with that interviewer. They have chemistry and they are the same age too. LOL.

@pi2tni4ng HAHA. Now we really seems like long lost sisters.

Miran nuna rocked! I love her so much. And to think that the Kims men were scared at her in the first meeting was so funny. Now Junyeoli can't stop hugging her I see. LOVE THIS TWO. And the interviewer was so cute too, gigging so much at everything Junyeol does. Well I couldn't blame her. I would be charmed as well if Ryu Joon Yeol was sitting in front of me. So cute. They grows on me, eventhough it's not even 10 mins long. Haha.

Yeah, it's my first time here. I am basically a silent lurker in the soompi until I found Ryu Joon Yeol. Haha. So you know where to find me: at any page related to RJY. Hehe. Glad I found you sister.

ep 16 - midway..

so basically after rooting for the rich guy till ep 15..i am falling helplessly in love with taike..

I knowit..i know it..they did this on purpose.. i should get my tissues ready... now i know defy logic..he will never be the husband..

NOT FAIR

no mother, father will probably marry someone else, no friends, such tough life.. awww my poor taike...

Re-watching some scenes and thinking on it all. I am gaining a new appreciation for Bora that I didn't have the first time around. TBH Bora's treatment of Deok Sun pissed me off a lot. It's not that I didn't understand her rough personality that just makes everything she says sounds much more rough than she intended (I have an older sister who is a lot like Bora. Damn I can't stand that girl sometimes LOL) but lawds did I think Bora was such a richard simmons. I hated how in the very first episode, although her family is poor and just last year she got new glasses, she demands for new glasses as a birthday gift. Also her refusal to watch the olympics and just the way she was quick with negative words and hitting Deok Sun made me rage (honestly it still does). However I admire the hard worker that she is and the fact that she really had to give up a lot because of her father's soft heart. I would have been crushed if I had to give up my dream all because my father couldn't say no to another family. I do like how she took care of her siblings when their grandmother died and since I too I am an activist, I love that she stayed woke and participated in the protesting that she did, even knowing the danger because she was doing it for something bigger and more important than herself (if real life people like her weren't willing to protest, a lot of us wouldn't have the freedoms and opportunities that we do now). I will forever love her schooling those smoking school kids with the chatting and my Jungbong being his perfect self in the background (the two are my crack ship).

They will do another Reply series right? I AM HERE FOR THAT. Though to save myself heartache I ain't shipping this time around (ha, I said that for this series LOL). No, I'll ship the secondary ship (brain: yeah, but what if they are the lead ship disguised as the second ship, which is really the lead ship and in the end there is no ship...yeah these trust issues I got LOL.) 

@enigmatic_zephy your posts are giving me life. I just want to be like...but then I won't spoil it for you LOL. You got to post and tell us what you think of the ending okay? One of my friends like you is watching it now and she keeps texting me with questions but then demands not to be spoiled. She's on ep 5 and she wants to know "who was the guy you kept going on about and texting hypothetical questions about? I want to save myself the hurt if I can. I love them all but tell me about Junghwan...NO, NO SPOILERS" LOL. Oh you should definitely watch the other Reply series. My personal favorite is R1994 but R1997 is the first and it's short and zippy and very good too. If it weren't for the success of that, we wouldn't have R94 and 88 and hopefully one day 68 or something so I can see he love story of Siwon's parent's and Yoojung's as well (will forever want that story). 

33 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ep 16 - midway..

so basically after rooting for the rich guy till ep 15..i am falling helplessly in love with taike..

I knowit..i know it..they did this on purpose.. i should get my tissues ready... now i know defy logic..he will never be the husband..

NOT FAIR

no mother, father will probably marry someone else, no friends, such tough life.. awww my poor taike...

You are almost finished with the series. I bet you have long hours of free time for you to do that...

Just dropping by to inform you guys that the last Reply 1988 BTS has been subbed by Ryu Yeol Star. Turn on CC for engsub.

For me madam cheetah Ra Miran & Reply's daddy role expert Sung Dong Il will always have a special place. Oh and the little girl with dumpling cheeks Jinjoo *goes back to rewatching R88 clips*

Why of all the people these two have to like her.. duffers of highest order... actually i like it.. with the noble intent of sacrificing love for your friend..both of them should not confes.. and get D S married to a 3rd person..

#End_of_ep16

#Dreading_finale

#Hate_Ts_tears

#When_did_i_change_ship

aaaarghhh

24 minutes ago, debieg said:

You are almost finished with the series. I bet you have long hours of free time for you to do that...

actually bunked office these two days... to complete this..

You won't believe how many times i thought i would start watching this drama..but didn't think the actors were 'good looking' in the poster so didn't bother.

#height_of_shallowness_i_know :P

So, yea it has been straight 48 hrs run with intermittent sleep

And now end of ep 16: - Taike is crying... i am crying.. what the hell..i still don't get it.. when did my ship change..actually ship hasn't changed but.. but Taike.. don't make him sad... life is so so so unfair

However, the only little hope i have is..

In case of other guys.. our heroine liked them after knowing they may be interested in her...

but in case of Taike..she genuinely cares..and feel bad now that he said he can't come on saturday..

However, not sure if our heroine feels motherly love towards Taike or romantic one.. 

NO SPOILERS..anyone.. i am just inches away

2 hours ago, debieg said:

The friendship between this two is way beyond the AM drama...

picture credit to Eyes On Ryu tumblr

Best of friends.... Any one who have their kind of friendship with their best friend?

I'm like Dong Ryong and my best friend is like Jung Hwan, and it's the best, I love him like a brother. 

If we talk about the actors, maybe I'm more like RJY and He is more similar to LDH.

28 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I will forever love her schooling those smoking school kids with the chatting and my Jungbong being his perfect self in the background (the two are my crack ship).

I LOVE that. And to think... she was an education major? Can you actually imagine the Bora of back then being a teacher? I suppose that you may act one way in your personal time and space... and I could bet that Bora would be professional at school... but then she could get even crankier at home. XD;; (She could be just like Yankumi in Gokusen :x )

1 hour ago, debieg said:

which family did you fall in love?

I think I like them all. They were all so different, but still so heart-warming. I only wish we could have seen a bit more of Dong Ryong's home life, so there could be comment on that. (Then again, there's enough to talk about.) Of all the parents, Ra Mi Ran is my favorite, hands down. As a wife, I probably identify most with her (haha). I can see my dad in Choi Moo Sung... I can see my mom in Kim Sun Young (perhaps it's the single motherhood)... I can see my sister and myself in Bora and Deok Sun... (although less physically violent _-_ ). 

One of the other things I wanted to note about the BTS video... is when the "kids" met the "parents" for the first time... and it's like they just instantly had the dynamic that became the story on the show. Well, most of them, anyway. Ra Mi Ran being the authority in the Kim family. (Maybe that's helped by the fact that Kim Sung Kyun is closer in age to his "sons"? He's 35, while both Ryu Joon Yeol and Ahn Jae Hong are 29.) Kim Sun Young was already very warm and chatty with Go Kyung Pyo. Choi Moo Sung and Park Bo Gum were silent. (LOL)

24 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

Any word on the DVD set?

According to the AM88 BluRay/DVD team twitter page, they're still doing surveys on pre-orders and requested special features.

---

By the way, does anybody remember what Kim Sung Kyun did for a living? He used to be a jajangmyun delivery guy, but what did he do after they won the lottery? He doesn't dress as if he's working in an office... like Sung Dong Il. And how much did they win? :o I keep thinking that the Choi family is actually the richest in the block, instead of the Kim family. Or I guess, they would be in 1994. In 1988, the Kim family are already into their third year after winning the lottery. Taek was bringing in one year's worth of a decent salary with a single win... although he'd only been doing baduk full time (and nothing else) for only about a year in 1988... and his win-to-loss ratio wasn't quite as high yet.

So many thoughts. So much love. 

(It's making me try to read Korean articles... Ack, the obsession.)

3 hours ago, ebullient said:

R E M I N D E R

There are a handful of reports coming from Reply 1988 since its re-opening.

After reviewing the reports, I want to remind the members here that abusing & misusing the REPORT feature is against the forum rules.

The REPORT feature is for reporting spamming and/or questionable content that require immediate review and intervention by moderators. Please do NOT report content that you disagree with.

Those that continue to abuse & misuse the REPORT feature in light of this reminder will receive a warning.

Feel free to discuss the drama Reply 1988 in a respectful manner. It is acceptable to mourn but insulting either Taek (Park Bo Gum) or Kim Jung Hwan (Ryu Jun Yeol) while doing so is not.

clarity of rule and  consequence for breaking them is so very helpful

@beldaran  Mr. Kim owns a Goldstar franchise.  Goldstar became LG in 1995, and from what blue wrote I think most of the owners came out of that situation very well. So, the Kim family will have even better luck/more money in the future.  Not to mention JB becomes such a huge celeb in the future too.  The Kim family is really blessed. 

I think the Choi family is the richest too.  Taek was making a lot of cash. Mr. Choi could freely give away so much money to SW's mom, but even Ms. Cheetah said even without JB's surgery it would be difficult.  It's just that it's Taek's money, and I don't think Mr. Choi would spend it.  He probably lived off his salary at his shop (that never had any customers lol) 

Found the post talking about this  

3 hours ago, debieg said:

They are my favorite family in AM 1988 :wub:

which family did you fall in love?

I love all the familes but my fav I think is the Sung family because I could see a lot of similarities between them and my own family. I could relate a lot to Deoksun feeling neglected by her parents because I also often felt like that. But instead of being neglected because of siblings I was neglected because of my parents' jobs :lol:

Another thing I could relate to from the Sung family was the relationship between Bora and her father. My dad and me are EXACTLY the same. Both of us are stubborn and extremely bad at expressing our real feelings so the scene where Bora and her dad exchanged letters after the wedding made me cry buckets. I hope me and my dad can be more open to each other like that some day in the future

On another note: Someone on DC gallery made a gif compilation of Taek eating, drinking and smoking. http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=827347http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=827352http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=827366http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=827369 I actually ended up saving all of them lol I can't resist this cute face

CUrVjIl.gif

Archived