[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

10 minutes ago, AmiraFarzana said:

I dont think JungSun shippers are mad that she ended up with Taek. What makes us angry is that, why make him like that? At least give him a decent ending. It's so painful. Taek and Dukseon can be together, but give Junghwan the proper ending he deserves.

Yeah, even though I'm TaekSun, I'm so sorry for JH and my heart is with you, I too want a happy ending for JH. I just want them all happy at the end, but the writer decided the ending to make more like bittersweet & impactful so we can only imagine at the end. :bawling:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hafie said:

Question to all those who kept on saying the ending is trash... But mind you, I haven't watched the episode. I just read the live recap. Thus, there are some details that I do not know. But...

In life.... would everyone get a closure? Would we know what happened to all of our childhood friends? Would everyone of us have our happy ending? For me Reply 1988 was never a fairy-tale. It was always seem close to real life.

Alas, I do feel the ending quiet rush and I would love to know what happen to the others... I hope by watching the episode later would give me the answer.

Of course we don't get closure. R1988 has always been quite realistic and I love that. But maybe I am greedy but I would have liked to know more... You get so attached to these characters you know. You want to know what they become. Like if you were a huge DR fan, wouldn't you feel sad not to know what he ended up doing?... I am just so curious as to many things! Ha ha...

This episode belong to sunbora couple....they are the main focus here. 

Need to wait for the sub to understand more.

But I'm happy..that I'm not too attached to the show because the ending fall below my expectation. So not really gonna have withdrawl issue. ... Yay mee.

Can't wait for more RJY project...he is a fabulous actors...his confession scene acting overshadowing all the other scenes. 

I will remember Reply 1988 for the kim family. Love them so much

I just realized that JH and DR are really kinda left out in in the entire neighbourhood fam. SW and Bora are together and also DS and Taek which makes their family double tied. I can imagine them hanging out as one in fam gatherings. Which makes me want to know more about what happened to JH and DR. I was really hoping for a reunion, but I guess I will just have to leave it up to my imagination. Lol. Again, thank you to all the great minds behind the show!

Reply writer's logic

1997: regular high school boy gets the girl, oppa didn't. Oppa's fans go mad.

1994: oppa gets the girl, genius didn't. Genius' fans go mad

1988: genius gets the girl, regular high school boy didn't. High school boy's fans go mad.

That's one big weakness of having a drama where everyone is nice and kind people.

I bet the high school boy will get the girl in the next installment kekeke. Good job writernim, for the fact of how you make us care a lot about the life of these wonderful fictional character.

11 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Nouel is like the biggest TK-DS fanboy. Hahaha. Lovettt. 

He does love Taek. I loved how he wanted the SHIP IT SO BAD, and it was a dramatic moment when he showed up with the paper,  but everyone was just like... oh, they hold hands a lot., and she looks pretty.  Poor guy.  I think the writer was trying to tell us something there.  :sweatingbullets:

Team taek Or a bit neutral..

Try to stay off the forum but failed lol

Anyway glad of the whole series... a few complaints :

1. Rushed ending

2. Rushed loveline ( everything makes sense in the end but with almost 2 hours times 20 episode.. i would love to get more details )

3. No closure of the other characters.... i would be Ok if at least they put in in words. Star wars style lol...

Butttt....

Overall... a perfect drama.... with a few what the heck moments... but gives a good memory nonetheless..

For me who was born in 1988 and not Korea... i feel nostalgic... cant imagine those  who actually experienced the timeline..

Now.. off to find my own husband... or boyfriend. .. sigh

Hm. I still kinda don't get how they suddenly made TK the hubby. If JH is the main character, and his story is how his first love failed, OK. I get it. It's a nice, bittersweet story. But then continuing to make TK the hubby in that way really made it seem like it was a rushed decision. Only explaining everything in the last two episodes? Why did DS even have a crush on JH or SW if she loved TK all along? What the heck? There are so many unanswered questions my head hurts. Sigh... And seriously though, what happend to JH and DR in the end? Not even a mention? That's just...rude. I just...I can't even think of what I wanted to write lol I'm still kinda lost for words. I mean it's not even the disappointment that JH's not the hubby but the way they told us about how TK's the hubby felt really rushed. Like, if I was a TK-DS shipper, I woulnd't be satisfied with that ending either. IAnd on top, it really seemed that they wanted to tell us that BR and SW are the OTP in today's episode. DS's wedding was just casually mentioned in the interview and JH, what is he even doing? Did DR get his ring at least? I'll just end this drama thinking that JH and DR are getting married in Las Vegas. That's why they don't appear in the interview....

PS: Don't get me wrong, I loved the parents' stories and stuff but the love line... was just a mess in the end. What was Woojung thinking? It was a good drama with a bad ending imo. The acting was supreme tho, I really hope Bo-Geom and Joon-Yeol get more good roles now. And that BG won't get hate for playing TK from the angry viewers..

Oh well, I need to get over it. Let's meet again in another thread! I'll be watching Cheese in the trap so you may find me on that thread. Hmpf.

11 minutes ago, melissala said:

He does love Taek. I loved how he wanted the SHIP IT SO BAD, and it was a dramatic moment when he showed up with the paper,  but everyone was just like... oh, they hold hands a lot., and she looks pretty.  Poor guy.  I think the writer was trying to tell us something there.  :sweatingbullets:

Yeah he's always like this little puppy adorably panting at TK. Hahaha he should be our team's honorary mascot. @melissala

Reply 1988 is the first drama that I have finished in 2016, can't believe that a good drama like this has come to its end. Will definitely miss those heartwarming scenes, their funny laughter, jokes and scenes. Honestly, I loved all the characters that lived in the neighbourhood, they all have their own charms and they bring tears and laughter to the viewers. 
Thank you Reply 1988 team for producing such a good family drama for the viewers. Will definitely re watch it again in the future.:D

reply-1988.jpg

Why is everyone looking for the ring? Isn't it obvious that the ring is a symbol for Junghwan's first love? He left it there at the restaurant along with his feelings to Deoksun after he 'jokingly' confessed. And that became a symbol of how he has closure on his first love.

1 hour ago, hojichas said:

DS: 'Do you hear me? If you hear me, answer me, my '88s.'

-END- :bawling:

Omooooo... This is toooo sad too handle. Like I want to ask my 2003 to 2007 what did I do in my teen. My first love that i cant forget and all of regret. Wanna ask so much so i can fix a little bit my sulpuneun memories and all. Why cant i enjoy more rather than being stress and cries bcoz of arguemnt with friends  or upset bcz i think my parent didnt like me. But there are lots of sweet memories too. There r many happy time also. Time cant go back for sure :anguished::anguished::anguished:

Doksun na... I live in your life for 3 months and your stories made me remember very nostalgic moments ever. Thank you so much writer and pd nim!

Doksun na... Haengbokhada... You made very right decision to be with cutie uri Taekki. Ommo i still cant forget china scene which i saw new dark hot side of Taek and fall in love in that moment. Haha. He made my heart felt weird and flutter too. Maybe doksun also felt the same. Cant wait Bogum's new project!

im sure JungHwan will find someone else who cherish him for her life. Ryu shi deserve for loves and his fans spreading all over the world.:):):)

And someone please? Did they didnt have any children??

Archived