Would you leave someone when they need you most?

frenchtutor

What do you guys think?

What would be any reason you would leave someone in that kind of timing? When their life is in ruins mentally, physically, and financially

Let's take the easy reasons out like the other person cheated on you or abused you physically/mentally constantly

Hmm... that's a tough question.I think even if they're going through a hard time, if they are abusing you in any way where it's causing you pain emotionally/mentally, you should get out of there. Don't stay around to be their punching bag when things go wrong in their life. There are plenty of other people in the world they can seek help from.

Guest orchidlover

I stayed with my ex when he was in his most ruined mentally, physically, and financially situation.  However, I'd not have stayed if he cheated on me.  On top of that, I helped him financially as well.  However, what I got returned was an ungrateful a$$hole who broke up with me.  Anyway, I was naive to think like drama that if I did all those, he will love me forever.  Haha, silly me.  Anyway, in the end, it's your decision.  Think it thru.  Even though I had an unappreciative ex, I did not regret what I did b/c I think it's a right thing to do when you love someone.    

I think if someone needs me then I would stay with them, but it also depends on their situation. Like if someone doesn't know how to be independent, then of course I will leave them so they'll learn to be. But if someone is going through relationship problems, then I'll try to be there for them as much as I can.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

If I have to for my own happiness, then yes. Just because they're having a hard time in their life doesn't mean you're obligated to stay when it's causing you unhappiness. It may sound selfish, but I believe personal happiness comes first. 

Guest writerstale

I_play_with_dolls said: If I have to for my own happiness, then yes. Just because they're having a hard time in their life doesn't mean you're obligated to stay when it's causing you unhappiness. It may sound selfish, but I believe personal happiness comes first. 

No one really needs another person in order to survive. Someone can give you guidance, but it is you yourself that needs to take action. People can be there for you, and help as much as they wish, but in order to make a difference the person themselves must strive to change too. Otherwise, all these assistance is not doing them any goods either. Let's say that if the person was mentally/physically abused, yes they should leave them nevertheless. You need to fix yourself before trying to fix others.

Guest severus

If I have to for my own happiness, then yes. Just because they're having a hard time in their life doesn't mean you're obligated to stay when it's causing you unhappiness. It may sound selfish, but I believe personal happiness comes first. 

Couldn't have said it better.

Take responsibility for your own happiness.

Archived