[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never had any issues with anyone in this thread. What I will say as a general rule NEVER get into arguments online and on social media if you can help it. You will never win an argument or change someone's opinion online and it isn't really worth the time and effort. We can all agree and disagree but when having a disagreeable opinion it's generally best not to quote another and disagree with them specifically. You can disagree with your own comment without quoting others and fisking their comments as if you're grading them.

I noticed years ago when I first started using the internet back when I would discuss politics online (I don't do that anymore) that I had a more snarky and angry attitude and wrote in a way I would never speak to someone in real life. Since then I try to write and comment as if I'm talking to another person sitting next to me. The anonymous nature of the internet can change our real personalities.

Ask yourself sometimes when you're writing serious things online: if the person was sitting with me at a table would they feel uncomfortable and probably excuse themselves from the conversation. If the answer is they would feel uncomfortable then don't publish the comments.

Btw, will we be getting a new thread now this 1000+ pages? I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see any answers.

I just watched both subbed versions. Thank you everyone for sharing the links. It does make the wait for Saturday a lot less painful. 

The wedding party was awesome. I liked how everyone seemed to be enjoying it and appear to get along. 

The BE couple sang their song beautifully. Their voices actually compliment each other well. It would be interesting to know the lyrics, since we know the song lyrics mean so much to them.

I am looking forward to the BEST version :)

Guest Elzabar

I've never had any issues with anyone in this thread. What I will say as a general rule NEVER get into arguments online and on social media if you can help it. You will never win an argument or change someone's opinion online and it isn't really worth the time and effort. We can all agree and disagree but when having a disagreeable opinion it's generally best not to quote another and disagree with them specifically. You can disagree with your own comment without quoting others and fisking their comments as if you're grading them.

I noticed years ago when I first started using the internet back when I would discuss politics online (I don't do that anymore) that I had a more snarky and angry attitude and wrote in a way I would never speak to someone in real life. Since then I try to write and comment as if I'm talking to another person sitting next to me. The anonymous nature of the internet can change our real personalities.

Ask yourself sometimes when you're writing serious things online: if the person was sitting with me at a table would they feel uncomfortable and probably excuse themselves from the conversation. If the answer is they would feel uncomfortable then don't publish the comments.

Btw, will we be getting a new thread now this 1000+ pages? I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see any answers.

Threads need to be 2000+ before they are locked. Let's have this convo then, as we get closer to 1990... 

I really enjoyed this episode even though it wasn't entirely focused on our couple. A wedding is supposed to be a celebration of love between a couple with friends and family. I think our couple did a really good job not conforming to the typical WGM wedding. During the day, the celebration fills with love and laughter. At night, the celebration is filled with love and sweetness. :wub:

CKSE8qpUwAIvXiZ.jpg

CKSFNUkUcAEbfNh.jpg

cr: konashi

CKRdrW1UcAAMgCo.jpg

CKRdJpTUMAE1j6v.jpg

CKRZ1PiUAAAaFni.jpg

cr: dcgall

Guest Elzabar

I just watched both subbed versions. Thank you everyone for sharing the links. It does make the wait for Saturday a lot less painful. 

The wedding party was awesome. I liked how everyone seemed to be enjoying it and appear to get along. 

The BE couple sang their song beautifully. Their voices actually compliment each other well. It would be interesting to know the lyrics, since we know the song lyrics mean so much to them.

I am looking forward to the BEST version :)

The BE couple song is callled "Meet him among them" by Lee Sun Hee (woman singer),which was Lee Seung Gi's mentor who is another famous ballad singer. You can hear the compete song and trans (in captions) here : Meet him among them by Lee Sun Hee 

IMO, its significant in many ways :

1. SY mentioned that it was one of her fantasies (of 3) that she wanted to be sung to (serenaded) on a date by her BF.

2. JH didn't prepare for the song but rather heard it on radio, and decided sing it based on the good lyrics.

3. SY heard the lyrics and was really really touched by the lyrics. If you go back and rewatch that scene at the end of the first trial date, her facial expression and her fingers you can see trembling.

4. That song mentions about destiny and actually highlights our GongLee couple as destiny couple : meeting among the stars, both have brown eyes, same dogs, broke phone on same day, etc. The destiny that JH chose that specific song among his many songs was the reason why they came together, and the fact that he sung it with such passion. Compare that with Henry who played a song but never sung.

I don't post often but I felt strongly about this.  So here goes.

OFF TOPIC:

@luvtokki I'm one of those who has stopped posting too - precisely because of the negative vibe that was prevalent in here.  It made me very uncomfortable.  No one likes to be talked down, which was how I felt reading amastris posts.  I don't think this thread is against stating an opinion, as long as it is done respectfully.  

I don't agree with your 'shame on you' lecture on a community of people who merely wished that things are handled differently here.  I'm sorry amastris was banned but that's the moderators' decision and I can only say that the consequence of that was all due to her own actions.  She was given respect and love here in this thread too, we only need to back read to see that.  But respect and love goes both ways.  Understanding the needs of the 'family' and listening to what other members are saying is also a form of respect and love too.  Agreeing to disagree is not that hard.

I sincerely wish this thread will move on to happier times and everyone can post freely like before.  After all, JY is such a lovey dovey couple and they've given us so much happiness.  They deserve a happy thread.

Actually sometimes we don't agree with someone opinion but actually for me when I disagree with someone I prefer to be quite then to report someone or anything. All of us have a different opinion etc but try to respect each other. Don't think to much when you disagree with someone. So for me that amastris already banned from this forum I think lets move on. Forget what already happen, and give this forum become a happy forum again. 

Guest iheartpororo92

I don't post often but I felt strongly about this.  So here goes.

OFF TOPIC:

Hidden Content

I sincerely wish this thread will move on to happier times and everyone can post freely like before.  After all, JY is such a lovey dovey couple and they've given us so much happiness.  They deserve a happy thread.

THIS.
 Our couple's doing okay, no scandal, and etc... :) We should be happily spazzing, not this. 

I am still sad GongleeAddict, USAFarmGirl, LuvTokki, and etc had to leave....:( I love reading their posts. 
I am still hoping they will be back someday and celebrate with us when our couple decided to reveal their relationship.*fingers crossed*

Let's spread happy vibes and love from now on! <3 <3 <3

Who knows our dear JongYeon couple might be lurking on this thread too. We should keep the good vibes rolling!:)

I love you all dear brownies! :) I consider you as my family so i hope we could all skip straight to the part where everyone'e fine again!:)

Xoxo,
Poro 

Argh i cant watch kshowonline.. bad bad bad.. but still tq gong-e draft translation.. i keep wwatching it over n over.. delulu til faint. Wahahaaha 

We should focus on BEC. We should drink more apple juices. We should learn how to bake brownies with extra choc. Take a spoon of honey daily for your health. Think positive, spread the vavavoom vibes and love our BEC. Be happy! 

Guest goguma07

What on earth happened? I just finally got to watch the sweet wedding episode of BEC and came here to see everyone spazzing only to run into some drama! I've been trying to back read and find out what happened but its pretty unclear. Why was amatris banned and why have some of our most constant posters left in solidarity? I've tried to grasp what I could from as far as I was able to backread but I would appreciate if someone filled me in.

The truth is I have noticed some negativity building in this forum over the past couple of months...I don't know when or why it started but it did. It's okay to disagree with others and post your own opinions but its not okay to bully others or try and force your opinions on them. This forum is for sharing our views as we watch wgm and most of all its for shipping Jongyeon. We might not always agree with the things they do, yes Jonghyun can be clueless, yes Seungyeon can be a bit immature with the jealousy games, but they are human! And real people have their quirks. Pointing out their failings doesn't make you a hater. However focusing exclusively on the failings of one side of the couple and not the other side exposes your bias and this can cause division in our fandom. I've noticed this and find it upsetting when this couple is so well matched and treat each other so well. I've been shipping Yongseo for years now and never noticed this (and that couple had more obstacles to start off with than Jongyeon) so I really don't understand it. Anyway the main thing is that this forum is meant to be welcoming and fun. We shouldn't ban people because we disagree with their opinions. If you disagree, just state your own opinion or ignore that person's comment.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to lecture (especially since I don't know the whole story of what went down) but these are actually thoughts I have been having for a while about this thread.

===OFF TOPIC (how do we put this hidden?)

I will miss amastris’s insightful posts and I enjoyed reading many of them.  It is regretful we had to lose her and are losing more people. But I don't blame those who reported her posts yesterday because there is a limit for everything especially given that we had already received a warning and we thought we had moved on.

I just hope though, this incident would not discourage anyone to post their views when they seem to differ from majority of the forum, which brings great discussion and provides different perspectives.  That is what I enjoy reading the most with the mixture of cute and sweet delulu and spazzing.  I know enough has been said by many people about this and sorry for bring it up again, but I needed to get this out of my chest before I can move on and continue participating.  Let’s just treat each other the way we want to be treated, with respect.  Hopefully, next week episode will be superduper sweet so that people who have left cannot help but come back here and share their thoughts with us.  I really hope you will, if you are still reading.  You will be always welcome back:).

===

So I will be honest with you this episode was not one of my favorite.  My first impression was it felt to be rather chaotic and many scenes seemed choppy.  The weather seemed to be distractive to the guests and to me, too (which, we cannot blame anyone…).  Too bad they completely cut off SY’s friend’s speech.  But with the GIF’s of the sweet moments our Brownies captured in my mind, I watched the subbed version and liked it much better so thank you Brownies!  :wub::wub::wub:  Like someone said, I somehow felt so embarrassed to see our JY couple dance and I had to cover my eyes:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: . My favorite part was JH showing the shirt to his members so proudly.  And the funny MC guy!!  I really like him, he is not only funny but also seems to be a good hearted guy (so I should at least remember his name...).

One thing I’m not clear though.  The vow they exchanged, did they write their own oath or they wrote for each other?

SY looks stunning

CKVIQ6LUEAAuhH0.jpg

cr: Noofon @ twitter

@Mattiecat, the subs seems to suggest that they wrote each other's vows. I thought that was quite interesting and insightful. I liked how SY focused on all the things JH is doing well already - him wearing white shirts, saying she is pretty and make random compliments. And her suggestion for JH to dance for her when she is unhappy is so cute. All she asked for was JH to continue and remain who he is.  Whereas for JH, his focus was strongly on wanting SY to believe in him and only to focus on him, and to keep his heart fluttering. Which I though SY was doing well, she is certainly keeping JH on his toes. Obviously the food part is quite important to JH too! But I think SY already is starting to learn from her dad.

You are the BEST at finding new photos and information on our couple :D Thank so much for this :D 

My favorite part was JH showing the shirt to his members so proudly.  And the funny MC guy!!  I really like him, he is not only funny but also seems to be a good hearted guy (so I should at least remember his name...).

One thing I’m not clear though.  The vow they exchanged, did they write their own oath or they wrote for each other?

I think he wrote her vows and she wrote his...so everything he was reading she WANTED (back muscles, white shirt, no Suzy talk). What she read HE WANTED (,look only at him, father teach her to cook, make happy every day, wife to make his heart flutter) They didn't know what the other wrote until they were reading it :D !!!! (Minhyuk said they had not seen the vows until then). 

One thing to notice and that I thought was cute and kind of funny...she vowed to marry him."I GSY promise to marry groom Lee Jonghyun..." why that wording gave me a smile?...he can always go back and say, "You promised!!!!" ;) 

Sent you message, because bringing it up here when we want to be happy may keep that negative train running and I"m ready to move on (but don't want to leave you hanging) LOL :D:D:D

Guest iheartpororo92

===

So I will be honest with you this episode was not one of my favorite.  My first impression was it felt to be rather chaotic and many scenes seemed choppy.  The weather seemed to be distractive to the guests and to me, too (which, we cannot blame anyone…).  Too bad they completely cut off SY’s friend’s speech.  But with the GIF’s of the sweet moments our Brownies captured in my mind, I watched the subbed version and liked it much better so thank you Brownies!  :wub::wub::wub:  Like someone said, I somehow felt so embarrassed to see our JY couple dance and I had to cover my eyes:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: . My favorite part was JH showing the shirt to his members so proudly.  And the funny MC guy!!  I really like him, he is not only funny but also seems to be a good hearted guy (so I should at least remember his name...).

1) Yeah, blame it on WGM's editing again! I would love to hear SY's message friend too. Yonghwa's message was funny but i think SY's friend message is more meaningful. :(

2) Dancing SeungYeon is fine...but dancing Jonghyun is an absolute NO NO. I watched him dance on Fluttering India and it was too cringeworthy i want him to stop doing it. LMAO. :))

3) I think they wrote their own vows.:)

Guest goguma07

You are the BEST at finding new photos and information on our couple :D Thank so much for this :D 

My favorite part was JH showing the shirt to his members so proudly.  And the funny MC guy!!  I really like him, he is not only funny but also seems to be a good hearted guy (so I should at least remember his name...).

I think he wrote her vows and she wrote his...so everything he was reading she WANTED (back muscles, white shirt, no Suzy talk). What she read HE WANTED (,look only at him, father teach her to cook, make happy every day, wife to make his heart flutter) They didn't know what the other wrote until they were reading it :D !!!! 

One thing to notice and that I thought was cute and kind of funny...she vowed to marry him."I GSY promise to marry groom Lee Jonghyun..." why that wording gave me a smile?...he can always go back and say, "You promised!!!!" ;) 

Hidden Content

Thanks! I wasn't sure whether to ask because I didn't want to bring up any negativity that might've transpired again but I still felt like I should ask what exactly happened since I saw so many people making reference to it.

sorry to cut ur post :) 

In both sub versions by gong-e sub facebook and kshownow, it implied they wrote for each other vow :) 

Couldnt help but smile when i read the sy's vow which written by jh tho. It's just like his real expectations XD

@iheartpororo92, I know exactly what you mean. The second hand embarrassment was strong for me too. However, I find it very endearing how JH knew he can't dance but he still went for it. And SY, obviously knew about her husband's weakness but still danced with him.  

Even YH couldn't help but point out JH's "childish" wants and made fun of him. But sweet SY, she did not complain and went for it. JH and SY in this sense compliment each other well. I also liked how it was pouring with rain, but the BE couple only focused on the positive. Their wedding did not feel so fake, because they had added in personal preferences and everyone appeared to have fun. 

I think next week's games should be quite fun too.

Archived