[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*I'm imagining this thing may happen if JH and SY marry for real one day kekeke*

Note: Taken from Running Man Ep 241. This man and woman is celebrity (both musical actor) couple in Korea (sorry forget their name). Have married for 5 years and have one child.

wahahahaha yess excatly! it's RM Ep 251 - kim so hyun / son joon ho.  

they're really cute.. hes reaction towards so hyun when she runs to jo in sung - jealousy-sweet hubby

Guest Hickk

So I'm going to chime in on this whole debacle over jonghyun being controlling. My thoughts are thus: Yes, he is controlling. Is this an issue? Well, it depends on the girl he is with. Here's the thing. Seungyeon generally presents a very innocent, conservative image with her clothing. When they first met, and most of the time since, this is how she has dressed...very covered up for the most part. Jonghyun, who I believe is actually looking at her as real girlfriend material, likes this about her because he is obviously the sort of guy who doesn't want other guys ogling his girl's boobs and legs. So basically he is very old fashioned and has a conservative mindset.

Now poor Seungyeon was thinking to herself "I want to wear a sexy dress to make oppa go gaga over me"...and it backfired terribly. Not because he didn't enjoy seeing her in that dress himself, but because it visibly upset him to know that so many others would also see her like that. Now, we can argue till the cows come home about whether this was wrong of him or not, everyone is going to have a different perspective. It all comes down to personal preference. For us girls it comes to this question, "Jonghyun is a great, handsome guy...but would you really be able to date him in real life knowing how conservative and traditional he is?" Personally, I'd prefer a guy like this to the opposite but that is because I am also very conservative and traditional and would therefore expect my partner to be the same. However, many women (or men) would feel stifled if they were in a relationship with someone like that. People have different personalities and lifestyles so this is inevitable.

Now some guys like to show off how hot their girlfriend is while other guys want all the sexiness saved for themselves. It all comes down to the personal preference of the woman in question, "do you want to always dress conservatively in public? because this guy doesn't like girls who show a lot of skin." or "do you always want to wear flashy revealing clothes? because this guy likes girls who flaunt what they got." As a woman you have to know yourself and be able to discern whether or not your personality and taste match well with the personality and taste of the man you are interested in. Just because you think someone is a totally hot and really nice guy/girl doesn't mean they wouldn't drive you crazy if you actually dated them.

Now, back to Jongyeon.... I felt sorry for Seungyeon because it was clear that she was disappointed in his reaction to the dress. It was obvious that she was hoping for him to go crazy over how hot she looked. Instead she got a flustered reaction, was basically told she wasn't wearing enough clothes and then quickly covered up. This is the first time that I have actually personally noticed a possibly problematic difference in their personalities. My personal philosophy is that you should never purposely try to change anybody. If being around you naturally influences them to change then so be it, but it should be their own natural growth and choice that leads the way.

That said, if Seungyeon sometimes likes to wear a sexy outfit out on the town then she needs to be honest and real about that side of herself and make a statement about it, a "Listen, this is me, sometimes I like to dress a little sexy. If you can't handle that you can't handle me." Likewise, if this is a major issue to Jonghyun then he has to stand his ground and say , "Listen, if you're my girl I'd really rather you not wear revealing outfits in public." 

The key is not to bully the other person into accepting your view but simply to state your perspective, listen to theirs, and from there make a decision on whether or not you are suited to each other in that respect. Like I said, this is the first issue that has come up between them that I actually think is a legitimate problem. The issues with jealousy and possessiveness, I see them as mainly joking around with each other and as they are both, in my mind, equally possessive over each other , this is not an issue to me. I honestly believe they are incredibly well suited to one another and could make a great real life couple, however this little issue over revealing skin could be a bone of contention if they don't sort it out.

I want to make it clear that I don't blame either of them over this issue. Seungyeon isn't wrong for wearing a dress she liked and Jonghyun isn't wrong for the way he felt about it. This is just a difference in perspective that they need to address.

BEC has great potential and I really think we could be one of the few shipping fandoms to see our OTP get together in RL. However as "perfect" for each other as they seem to be , there are always going to be differences they have to work through.

*Claps*

SY's desire to dress up must have been really high, especially when you consider what she normally wears (jeans, shirts) and that she must have built up some confidence after doing a few sexy photoshoots lately.

Her face lit up A LOT when he finally praised her, lol.

So I'm going to chime in on this whole debacle over jonghyun being controlling. My thoughts are thus: Yes, he is controlling. Is this an issue? Well, it depends on the girl he is with. Here's the thing. Seungyeon generally presents a very innocent, conservative image with her clothing. When they first met, and most of the time since, this is how she has dressed...very covered up for the most part. Jonghyun, who I believe is actually looking at her as real girlfriend material, likes this about her because he is obviously the sort of guy who doesn't want other guys ogling his girl's boobs and legs. So basically he is very old fashioned and has a conservative mindset.

I want to make it clear that I don't blame either of them over this issue. Seungyeon isn't wrong for wearing a dress she liked and Jonghyun isn't wrong for the way he felt about it. This is just a difference in perspective that they need to address.

BEC has great potential and I really think we could be one of the few shipping fandoms to see our OTP get together in RL. However as "perfect" for each other as they seem to be , there are always going to be differences they have to work through.

Thank you ...and the forum is again in balance :D !!!!! Great to see your posts by the way! :D 

BEST team fighting!! we need yr sub for the episode n unaired scene to flip the cursed tuesday....hahaha....

i enjoy every comments in here...we all have different colors....i respect that...it's just... if your post is more than 3 long paragraphs...i tend to skip it and go to the next post...hehehe..sincerely so sorry for that...hehe..

we might want to schedule up where to get some excitement on every tuesday after this...kekeke...for me...i have no complaints after the busan trip anymore...i feel more calm rather than too eager to know what's in next episod..yeah i was like  that previously...maybe that busan moments still live up in my mind which makes me unwavering inside...hehehe...

Guest goguma07

Thank you ...and the forum is again in balance :D !!!!! Great to see your posts by the way! :D 

Thanks, yours too! I like that we can have rational discussions here and long may it remain so! :)

Now poor Seungyeon was thinking to herself "I want to wear a sexy dress to make oppa go gaga over me"...and it backfired terribly. Not because he didn't enjoy seeing her in that dress himself, but because it visibly upset him to know that so many others would also see her like that. Now, we can argue till the cows come home about whether this was wrong of him or not, everyone is going to have a different perspective. It all comes down to personal preference. For us girls it comes to this question, "Jonghyun is a great, handsome guy...but would you really be able to date him in real life knowing how conservative and traditional he is?" Personally, I'd prefer a guy like this to the opposite but that is because I am also very conservative and traditional and would therefore expect my partner to be the same. However, many women (or men) would feel stifled if they were in a relationship with someone like that. People have different personalities and lifestyles so this is inevitable.

Now some guys like to show off how hot their girlfriend is while other guys want all the sexiness saved for themselves. It all comes down to the personal preference of the woman in question, "do you want to always dress conservatively in public? because this guy doesn't like girls who show a lot of skin." or "do you always want to wear flashy revealing clothes? because this guy likes girls who flaunt what they got." As a woman you have to know yourself and be able to discern whether or not your personality and taste match well with the personality and taste of the man you are interested in. Just because you think someone is a totally hot and really nice guy/girl doesn't mean they wouldn't drive you crazy if you actually dated them.

Now, back to Jongyeon.... I felt sorry for Seungyeon because it was clear that she was disappointed in his reaction to the dress. It was obvious that she was hoping for him to go crazy over how hot she looked. Instead she got a flustered reaction, was basically told she wasn't wearing enough clothes and then quickly covered up. This is the first time that I have actually personally noticed a possibly problematic difference in their personalities. My personal philosophy is that you should never purposely try to change anybody. If being around you naturally influences them to change then so be it, but it should be their own natural growth and choice that leads the way.

That said, if Seungyeon sometimes likes to wear a sexy outfit out on the town then she needs to be honest and real about that side of herself and make a statement about it, a "Listen, this is me, sometimes I like to dress a little sexy. If you can't handle that you can't handle me." Likewise, if this is a major issue to Jonghyun then he has to stand his ground and say , "Listen, if you're my girl I'd really rather you not wear revealing outfits in public." 

The key is not to bully the other person into accepting your view but simply to state your perspective, listen to theirs, and from there make a decision on whether or not you are suited to each other in that respect. Like I said, this is the first issue that has come up between them that I actually think is a legitimate problem. The issues with jealousy and possessiveness, I see them as mainly joking around with each other and as they are both, in my mind, equally possessive over each other , this is not an issue to me. I honestly believe they are incredibly well suited to one another and could make a great real life couple, however this little issue over revealing skin could be a bone of contention if they don't sort it out.

*Claps*

SY's desire to dress up must have been really high, especially when you consider what she normally wears (jeans, shirts) and that she must have built up some confidence after doing a few sexy photoshoots lately.

Her face lit up A LOT when he finally praised her, lol.

Yes she obviously was excited about showing him her new look and was disappointed when he didn't have quite the reaction she was hoping for. Though she was indeed pleased when he made it clear that it was because she was too hot to handle lol

tumblr_nogyqx1Vs11tfe52go1_500.gif

I nearly screamed out loud when I say this on Orange Marmalade. As soon as I saw it, I thought of SY and how JH must have added this in after doing it to her. It's interesting how SY mentioned this in the last episode. It's also nice to know how she is watching his show too.

Sometimes I really wonder if they contact each other outside of the show.. I think in one of the episode, JH asked SY what she is doing while he was away for the two weeks.. 

Is that really for show to know what they are doing or they doesn't know actually..

OFF TOPIC: anyone knows how I can post pics here? Haven't been here for ages.

Don't worry, joined on 6th May and I still don't know how to post pics here. I'm survived. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :w00t:. Okay forgive me, somebody will help you if it's not me. Hugs !

Sometimes I really wonder if they contact each other outside of the show.. I think in one of the episode, JH asked SY what she is doing while he was away for the two weeks.. 

Is that really for show to know what they are doing or they doesn't know actually..

I wasn't sure until this week actually LOL...they were sitting in the car and announced the ball park they were going to and how they practiced ..it was so awkward I realized they HAD to say that so us viewers were set up to understand were the segment was going. So I actually think they say things like that as a prelude to discuss what they've been doing even though they may already know. I don't believe that it;s true 100% of the time though. He didn't tell her he got hurt ...that was on the spot confession he didn't text her, it was obvious she really didn't know :) Just my opinion though.

I wasn't sure until this week actually LOL...they were sitting in the car and announced the ball park they were going to and how they practiced ..it was so awkward I realized they HAD to say that so us viewers were set up to understand were the segment was going. So I actually think they say things like that as a prelude to discuss what they've been doing even though they may already know. I don't believe that it;s true 100% of the time though. He didn't tell her he got hurt ...that was on the spot confession he didn't text her, it was obvious she really didn't know :) Just my opinion though.

Yes that's why I said.. I'm not sure if they really exchange their contacts and talk to each other outside of the show.. 

If you managed to watch other couple, one of the couple actually mention they do not have each other's contact number... 

Yes that's why I said.. I'm not sure if they really exchange their contacts and talk to each other outside of the show.. 

If you managed to watch other couple, one of the couple actually mention they do not have each other's contact number... 

Yes, yes...I think they do contact each other, but need to act like they don't when in the car so that they can discuss what happened. Kind of like the BRI's sometimes they say things like they haven't happened yet, but all the BRI's are done AFTER filming it LOL. ;)

I thought they have each other's number? Coz SY did mention JH sometimes let her know on certain books to read or songs to listen to.

Guest Hickk

Huh? Did you forget about when she called him at the concert's backstage? That way of calling without exchanging greetings is very couple-like and seems like they've done it a lot. 

(As in: Hello. What are you doing?  Instead of: Hello, John. What are you doing?)

If that was rehearsed/staged, then everything else might as well be fake.

@goguma07 I was sitting here trying to type out a response about this and along came your comment and it was perfect. Thank you for this. :D I loved how eloquently your expressed it.
Personal preference is going to count a lot here and I think as they go along each of them might take a stand on how they feel about certain things. JH already is by indicating he likes her dressed more conservatively. Not its her turn, if she feels strongly about it, to express her view points and tell him that she does like to dress up for him. They will probably meet halfway knowing these two. Look at how he video'd Jin Goo for her. It was a sweet thing to do. I'm sure Jin Goo could not make it because of schedules but MBC played up the jealousy angle a bit. And JH videoing the greeting shows us he can definitely be cool about things.

@jly31 your comment about how we are now seeing more of the JH that needs a bit more looking after, is so right! Hehe. ;) Its also the JH that's going to be super protective and even a bit jealous. The good sign here is that they are both shedding any little masks or inhibitions they had at the beginning. It means NOW they will start getting to know each other as they are...warts and all. :P And this is kinda exciting too. Don't they say that if you can put up with your partner's worst fault and its just one of those things about him or her, then you know its going to work out? Not as romantic sounding as other sayings about relationships...but the fact is once the "honeymoon" phase of a relationship is over it gets down to real life and the daily grind of living and being supporting and loving towards one another. I always say that as much as I want to "fall in love" some day, I always want to "love." for the rest of my days with that person. They are different. Falling in love refers to those initial butterflies and fuzzy feelings, the sweaty palms and flustered faces. Everything is spinning and all is right with the world, lol. But loving is where you know one another's flaws and you get accustomed to things and inspite of everything...you still love. And you look back on your life and think "if I had to do this again, I will still choose him/her". I think, that it is as exciting and wonderful as falling in love...its long term, stable and secure. 

Allow me to just say this...just to add some context to JH's reactions in the pre wedding scene. I think what we are seeing is less outright jealousy and over protectiveness on JH's part. It might have more to do with insecurity. Now work with me here, guys. He likes this girl a whole lot and while he's this sexy singer-musician who should be super confident in his abilities to hold on to his girl, I think its only natural that he feels like he needs to hold on to her really tight. We might think its impossible for him to feel this way but he's human and he's just like any man or woman in a relationship. Its not that JH doesn't trust her. He probably feels there will be other attractive, talented guys out there in her circle of friends and cast mates at work. Guys who he sees as more attractive and talented than him. And he worries. So there's a little insecurity now and that is coming out as jealousy and over protectiveness. Please note again...JH is my CNBlue bias, but I've seen friends do this in relationships when they got nervous about things...I'm just trying to give this some context. 

I think SY's words and actions are going to reassure this boy and he's going to realize that this amazing girl WANTS to be HIS. He's going to ease up and enjoy this. It will happen.

Also, I want MBC to let these two have some proper alone time. That is why I am so happy that their latest filming schedules seem to involve only them. More alone time pls. More car scenes. More time in the apartment. Just the two of them. Problems get sorted so quickly when these two have a chat. And both of them can be reassured of one another's affections too. I also think a quieter, intimate setting is ideal for declarations of love and kisses...oh, did I say kisses? I meant kiss. No actually, I meant kisses. Give us as many as you want, JY! ;) :D 

@burningljh aww, my first follower! Give me a minute to follow you back, dear. I have taken ages to follow people coz I tend to ways wonder if people will be ok with it. /shy/ Hehe.

LOL...they were sitting in the car and announced the ball park they were going to and how they practiced ..it was so awkward I realized they HAD to say that so us viewers were set up to understand were the segment was going.

So I actually think they say things like that as a prelude to discuss what they've been doing even though they may already know. I don't believe that it;s true 100% of the time though. He didn't tell her he got hurt ...that was on the spot confession he didn't text her, it was obvious she really didn't know :) Just my opinion though.

Huh? Did you forget about when she called him at the concert's backstage? That way of calling without exchanging greetings is very couple-like and seems like they've done it a lot. 

(As in: Hello. What are you doing?  Instead of: Hello, John. What are you doing?)

If that was rehearsed/staged, then everything else might as well be fake.

Some are natural and some aren't, it just depends on the situation. That one wasn't set up because it was a surprise, but the discussion in the car about pitching probably was already known by each other, but had to say it for our benefit right? Some of what they say is "prelude" because they can't have them saying stuff like, "Even though we know we practiced pitching and hitting, WGM wants us to talk about it so they can show the clips of us practicing" LOL :D:D:D 

I thought they have each other's number? Coz SY did mention JH sometimes let her know on certain books to read or songs to listen to.

Yup, SY mentioned their contacting each other in this interview :)

“As husband and wife, isn’t it normal to keep in touch? It will be weirder if we say during filming that we don’t keep in contact at all,” expressing her frank thoughts. So what do the two of them talk about? Responding to this query, Seungyeon revealed a little about the content of her text messages with Jonghyun.
“I became closer with oppa. We will share small incidents with each other, and if there is good things we will reccommend to each other. “You must read this book” “You should listen to this song” are the most common from oppa. He said that we should keep learning too,” she said with a laugh.

Another example, even in this episode (279), SY mentions how they planned/prepared for the wedding, so they must have communicated, if not met up, about it prior to filming :) 

d9IZfiI.png

Seconding what @pre, @happy2bhere and @Hickk have been saying. These two definitely contact one another outside of WGM. SY has been more vocal about it and in this case she can because she might not have as many restrictions mentioning it in interviews and such. JH might be more guarded but only because he kinda has to be. They follow each other on IG, they have their own personal phones. She had his number and called him at the concert. These two definitely keep in touch plenty.

And another way to tell is how fast their relationship in WGM has progressed in 16 episodes when there were loads of gaps between filming dates. Sometimes weeks at a stretch. Distance does make the heart grow fonder...but it doesn't help breed familiarity-which is something we see by the truckload with these two. She's openly touching him and pinching his cheeks and stroking his face. All their outside interaction has built up to making things more comfortable when they do meet for filming. So yes, they do talk outside WGM. Probably way more than MBC lets us know.

Why do I get the feeling that there are tonnes of adorable scenes between them (featuring inside jokes about when he called or moments when they got all cozy and cute) that MBC has purposely left out of the episodes and deleted scenes because of the time the show airs and its family audience and what not? MBC, would you consider doing a director's cut vers and releasing it for us some day? ;) 

Archived