[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

Food for thought...

We all have personal and cultural values. Because we are from different countries and even within the same culture have different upbringings, it is inevitable we will not share identical personal values. For some of us, couple items hold huge significance, while for others it does not. What is important is that we should be mindful of putting our own personal values and expectations on the BE couple. 

JH clearly does not value couple items as much as some of the viewers. To him, I believe action speaks more then words, although his words are quite sweet too! For SY, she obviously enjoys having couple items and that is why JH accepts and respects what she wants. However, in the last episode SY did mention she had not expected JH to  wear the bracelet continuously . This indicates to me that she understands JH's personal values and  in some ways acknowledge that it is ok if he doesn't have it on him all the time. I know SY did ask JH about the key ring, but it seemed like she was mainly teasing him.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, our BE couple may have already came up with a mutual understanding regarding the couple items. As fans we should try to be mindful of our expectations but at the same time, I do respect everyone's point of view. Now, if only we have new materials to go nuts over...Saturday seems so far away. 

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mase207 CLAPPING STANDING OVATION! Thank you for that...enough said :) My favorite logical point ..."...there is a time when couple items become obsolete". Yes, so true. REAL married couples wear rings, some don't wear rings. Sometimes, I just don't want to wear my medical bracelet ...I could die on the street, but still will forget it sometimes or decide not to put it on because I just don't feel like it. So...a thought... an object is an object, no matter how important you feel it is the bottomline is ...it's just an object.  PS..Sexy red dress, we have seen that picture before right? I know I've seen it a while ago so it's nothing new. 

The challenging part of being on WGM (aside from the relationship drama's on and off screen) is that your temporary and possibly permanent entertainment future is not just riding on you but another person. SY is a NEWBIE in the industry...being seen as someone who is married at her age and seriously hinder her future upcoming career path. She has not (well, now she is lol), made a name or image for herself with the people and the fine line of being "Jonghyun's wife" and SeungYeon are very blurry. If she is seen as JH's wife only...her career will end when WGM is over (and it will end people). She needs to be seen as an actress/model in her own right. Their relationship CAN go on behind the scenes, but too much showmanship outside the show is asking for trouble. One little mistake and a little bit of delulu in the wrong direction can KILL their WGM career. Both are busy in their everyday lives working the career path, drama's, modeling gigs, getting into new drama's etc. If they are too cozy in public..more than likely SHE will be the one that ends up with nothing.

Just so we can turn to some lighter topics, an updated Jongyeon aegyo reel :)

PjLRJaM.jpg

Lies, I tell you, all lies! 

:wub:

I' m glad to be here..this shipper thread have so many peoples who very realistic thinker. Look likes so many boices and burning souls being a shipper to this couple..and i positive they also will love Seungyeon too.

Guest Soumi

​Looks like an old picture...... must be when she was a teenager......

I noticed that too but isn't she just adorbs anyway :) I love running into pics that other fans have somehow managed to dig up. 

Guest wilddove

I noticed that too but isn't she just adorbs anyway :) I love running into pics that other fans have somehow managed to dig up. 

​yup...... she has a weibo account, doesn't she (edited...come to think about it, maybe the fan is just a good pics finder :P)? this one fan (sorry don't remember the IG name) always found unseen pictures or different versions of pictures from her IG ...... so nice......

Whoa. I've been out for just a day and the forum go cray cray. Lolsss. Guess the disappointment for the cancellation of this week show is still lingering.

Anyways, glad that everything is okay now. Lets not expect too much guys. Its good that we have this much proof of them being close to real than have nothing. Lets not add pressure to their already pressurized life. Also, lets not forget that we are culturally diverse people here so what maybe big deal for others can be petty to some. All we need is to respect each others opinion and spread the love and happiness by spazzing and discussing positive things. ♡

Off topic:

While everyone is worrying about their oppas dating, ELF is always like: 'Why is my oppa not dating yet?' /o\

Guest Yoo-Hana

thank you for posting this, @USAFarmgirl! one of the most 'epiphanic' moment of our couple. This moment always brings tears to my eyes. seriously, if they dont end up together, i will really, really be sad. but watching them on this video, it just feels so right to believe they're going to be together for real. 

​aigoo, me too , please God let it be!!><

and do you guys know what is that song they sing about?! maybe someone already post that here but i just got to know and that really gives some plus (for me) to this scene.. :3 i was like O__O *.* when i read the lyrics
i write some lines from it if someone might didn't see it already>>

,, You said words i couldn't even imagine
Whenever i saw you, i always saw your smiling face, unchanging
You had a sunshine like existence to me, as you warmly shone on me.
Saying that you have to leave me, asking me to understand 
- what were you suddenly saying?
Because i was so sad tears didn't fall 
I just stood at that place, and said i understood.
As time stopped my heart stopped too
Everything that happened just seemed like something from a dream...." (from TamTam Lyrics)

​yup...... she has a weibo account, doesn't she (edited...come to think about it, maybe the fan is just a good pics finder :P)? this one fan (sorry don't remember the IG name) always found unseen pictures or different versions of pictures from her IG ...... so nice......

​No, she doesn't have weibo account .... yet, only IG & facebook. :) that is fans weibo acct for her

Since there was no new WGM episode to discuss, I would like to ask a question about the latest Orange Marmalade.  I know it is now going back in time to Joseon era, but did JH's character just completely disintegrate at the end? Is that what they were trying to show, or was it left open so that maybe only partially and he took off from the sun before that happened and left his residue? I wonder if there is any chance of a cameo by SY on Orange Marmalade. WGM has done that before with Nam Goong Min and Hong Jin Young and I know Jinwoon had a cameo in Go Jun Hee's movie Red Carpet.  Is OM done filming? Maybe cameo of JH in Grapevine, or is that done filming already?

Since there was no new WGM episode to discuss, I would like to ask a question about the latest Orange Marmalade.  I know it is now going back in time to Joseon era, but did JH's character just completely disintegrate at the end? Is that what they were trying to show, or was it left open so that maybe only partially and he took off from the sun before that happened and left his residue? I wonder if there is any chance of a cameo by SY on Orange Marmalade. WGM has done that before with Nam Goong Min and Hong Jin Young and I know Jinwoon had a cameo in Go Jun Hee's movie Red Carpet.  Is OM done filming? Maybe cameo of JH in Grapevine, or is that done filming already?

​Grapevine's finale will be tonight. Some fans did talk about SY cameo in OM.... depending on the production company I guess. We would like to see her play the gayegum in that scene

​Grapevine's finale will be tonight. Some fans did talk about SY cameo in OM.... depending on the production company I guess. We would like to see her play the gayegum in that scene

​fantastic idea!

Probably someone's going to do like they did before because I was finding other things to entertain myself to keep from going stir crazy over this past episode canceled airtime and came late to the "IG Saga Party" and say that, "this topic has already been resolved" ..lol... but, you all know me, I don't really care.  I'm currently on page 607, just FYI, so I'll read more after I write this because I don't want to read more comments that will get my current thoughts all muddled because I want to address some comments here to amplify my POV.  [BTW-- I'm a passionate person and write passionately... it's not the same as "angry" so when you read this know that I'm not upset, just very animated about this one perspective.] 

I was one of the 1st people to point out there is a possibility that the IG Saga is coordinated fanservice, but frankly, after many bts footages outside IG & WGM, including FNC international concerts, and posts by people associated with our BECouple, for me, and only me, I feel that their interaction is not fanservice.  I think it's real.  I also don't think they give a flying rat's behind how, when, where, & why they're playing their love drama out in the public.  I think they are straight shooters who live in the moment, i.e. it's all about how they feel in the present.  

SO....... I'm fascinated sometimes at the heavy reactions that come out from Brownies & non-Brownies alike, such as when it's posted: don't say something negative about our couple, don't think negatively, don't worry, only have one thought or frame of mind about our couple to our Brownies while out the other side are those comments that say post after post about making excuses for this exact behavior, well actually worse behavior, coming from some of JH's fanbase.  Why must we keep a lid on our concerns and expect that JH's fan's should get special treatment from him?

Frankly, I don't think he's trying to protect her.  Wouldn't posting stuff about AOA have just as much affect?  Now you're adding WGM fans to the mix to hate on AOA [before you go off, I'm not saying any of us would, we wouldn't but I'm trying to relate it to the "cutting slack" that is given to JH's fans] so wouldn't JH be just as mindful?  No, I don't think JH's thinking about it either way.  I think he posts what he wants for his own reasons and likes what he likes for his own reasons.  It no more simple and "straightforward" than that.  ...and BTW, he posted himself up-at-bat so, essentially, that was his WGM post and he is wearing his couple bracelet, couple ring, has 02 on his back, and it has both SY & JH's names.... If you want to see pics of them together, they're all over the place.  The one JH posted IS special.  SY's posted her Lucy Shirt pic wearing her couple bracelet when she didn't need to be wearing it.  ...I mean seriously...  Like JH says, "LIKE IS LIKE."  ....the fact he is willing to go to this extent IN PUBLIC should be giving everyone the warm and fuzzes.

As for the cellphone case being for fanservice... .Uhhh... nawwww....   He had it with him at OM, we saw that, so he doesn't care about separating OM from WGM.  Nor does he care to separate WGM from FNC & OM since we saw him openly carrying that case with SY firmly planted on it traveling abroad.  We also see that he's wearing the couple bracelet outside of WGM as well.  Now they have the rings and we won't even know the story behind it for another 2 weeks.  The stickers and other things we find out piece by piece.  They unfold it to us and neither one of them seem embarrassed to wearing couple items and interact outside of WGM.  They, to me, are sincerely engaging with each other on all levels.  I, for one, love all of this extra special treatment we get from them.... but along with that we get the drama that comes with new love.....  That doesn't mean there's something horrible happening.  We've all been there. Why he has decided to change the case, we may find out later.... and this is the sad life of a couple shipper for WGM, we must be filled with patience and tenacity and perseverance. 

So, I agree with those Brownies, to a certain extent, that say they may have had a lover's spat.  For me, I got that vibe when JH posted that fan-made pic with him having pink cheeks and a flower in his hair.  It came after SY posted pics from her sexy photoshoot.  I have my own delulu vibe about that and, from JH's own BRIs, I don't need to do much interpreting what was going on there.  Frankly, my vibe was that JH was teasing her.  Yeah, I get the vibe they are having a bit of a disagreement.... however, I think it's like any disagreement you'd see your friends who are couples go through.  They get huffy but after a few days it blows over.  I'd be scared if the only kinds of interactions these two have are 100% positive.  If I'm expecting them to be a real couple, then it's not feasible to not have a bit of a tug-of-war sometimes.  Doesn't mean they aren't meant for each other or that it's gonna end badly.  Most of the time, these things bring people closer together.  The fact that they seem to be able to do these things openly should also warm our hearts.  For me, they don't seem to care one way or the other who is paying attention. Heck, some of JH's closest people are "following" her and their IG Saga just like us Brownies!! Again, for me, they are expressing themselves honestly in the moment... and that means in the next moment things will be different as their moods shift because they are human.  It's much of what was said by JH in his list of quotes.  

So, my take is that a little negativity every once in a while is a positive thing.  It means you can be open and honest with someone, and that takes trust, the most valuable thing in a relationship: The ability to be real and honest with flaws and all and trust that your partner will love you despite it all.

....Finally, SY liking AOA is understandable...  Go watch 16 with SY's sister and remember where SY came from... or think Henry.  Why wouldn't SY "like" the fact that JH is a good oppa, feeding his starving, over-worked dongsaengs???... of course she likes it...  She can still remember what it's like, and she hopes that her sister gets treated the same way by her "oppas".  Wouldn't you?....  Then go back a read my post again about what I think I'd feel if I was Choa or any other dongsaeng to this oppa.  When I said, "...here you are thinking, after Oppa treats you coldly, he brings you black bean noodles and/or KBBQ, and you're saying to yourself, 'I must be getting really close to Oppa! He must really like me! Maybe I can make my move!'... then you watch the next 2 episodes of WGM of JH holding hands and pinning SY up against the coffee maker, & in the dark stairwell to get a KISS and now you have to walk past those places everyday reminded that he's never gonna do that to you, EVER, and then see his family fawn all over SY...." ....because that's what's gonna happen, mark my words... and those girls are just grateful they can act like prisoners in a cell being fed by JH Warden after they've come from their chain-gang work... you know what I'm saying????

I also think that some of us over analyse the little things ... but what can you do ... 

anyways off topic :

Hidden Content

​...well, if you think that...

Then you should see Kim Kwon in Secret Love Affair.  He plays the young guy having an affair with the older *married* chaebol 2nd lead woman....  He doesn't even look the same as he does now.  For me, he's even hotter in Secret Love Affair

Archived