Necessity To Exercise...in Early Teen Years?

prechuz_azn

I'm talkin about the 13/14 year-olds.
So I know a few people who think their well...fat and want to shed a few pounds- I being myself (14 going on 15) think the absolute same thing.

Mother disagrees with me in exercising so heavily and eating such small portions. My father

nearly yelled at me when he found out I lost weight (-_- the healthy way of course).

She (mother) says, "Your like a pepper or baby peas and you want to diet?!" Erm...thats a viet word-of-tongue thats hard to explain... :sweatingbullets:.

My point is- Is it futile to exercise at this age (13/14) when your going to lose the baby fat as you progress?

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

why don't you just wait for a while and see. cause maybe in a year, you'll start growing and there goes all of your baby fat(hahaha i was going to write phat instead of fat stupid me lol). but if you really want to exercise, why not? your parents should be happy that you are trying to lose weight the heathy way and not the whole 'put finger down throat and throw up' way. =]

Guest AMAZiFiED *(:

Its definitely good to lose weight. Not only because it makes you look better,

but you are a healthier person. If you`re stick skinny, than theres no use

really to lose weight or go to the gym, but it definitely wouldn`t hurt to

excercise even at this age ...

Guest thesarahchong

It is highly recommended to be physically active in your early teens because it will affect your daily exercise and keep you much more healthy. That is why I think physical education should be required almost always. However, considering such an extensive routine, I'd say you need to eat a lot to retain that energy. Especially in the teens. I understand that a lot of young teens want to lose weight, however the majority does not-- and due to media influences, they avoid meals and healthy eating habits in order to shed that weight. I don't think that's necessary. All you need is healthy food + healthy life.

Guest dancingjen

I think that when your young at that age

you can get good habits of

working out and eating right.

it will also keep you healthly.

Guest .:precious:.

actualy you arent suppose to do hard core exercise because you wont grow that tall. Well not that tall but you wont reach your full height...

Guest BR1TT4NYy

no need to do an excessive diet.

just limit what you eat

cut out junk food, starchy foods, sugar, etc

my mom did that (shes 40 now) for a few months

and it really made a big difference

if youre asian, eat brown rice instead of white (starch)

dont eat a lot of bread and stuff, etc

also, i think its important that you responsibly exercise

try out a sport, i personally think thats the best way

i get a lot of exercise through tennis

i just started about a year ago, but im in love with it

or use an elliptical (my mom and i use it)

its an easy machine that you can use for about 30 min straight

plus its a lot easier than running or using the treadmill

Guest forgottenmemories

I started exercising at the age of 14. Just because I'm chub-a-lub. I still am. Sometimes I think that I've exercised too much that my body's used to it so its not disposing any of my fat anymore. lol. If that makes sense...

haha. I know what vietnamese saying you're talking about. (=

Guest lovelee

i think that if a person eats tons of food and doesn't exercise during their teen years, they will have a much higher metabolism than someone who diets and exercises.

Guest WitchGoddess

To a degree? I mean whats wrong with excercising? Lots of teens to sports and get healthy. I know you're doing it to lose weight, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that, unless you go overboard and lose too much weight.

Guest thisSHORTY

I just turned 15 and I exercise in the gym. My building has a indoor gym and that's so convenient ^^ My mom tells me to exercise anyways -____- And most of people I know do too to stay in shape. Guys are obsessive about building muscles, pshaw. I guess kids our age shouldn't get so excessive and just do it normally. Don't limit your portions that severly and lose that much weight. Need to be in a healthy weight to grow ^^

Guest Draconian

exercise, but don't make your eating portions smaller, unless you're really really overweight. you need your food at this age.

Guest +_lena

just to get into the habit..yeahh...it was soo hard to break the habit of not exercising AT ALL...and even now, i still don't exercise that much >_<

Guest foreverandaday

I see nothing wrong with eating healthy and doing regular exercise at ANY age. Who cares if you lose weight or gain weight, as long as you're healthy.

Guest x SaRaNg HaE x

When I was 13, the doctor told me I wasn't going to get much taller. When I was 14, I started running, and shot up an inch.. and now I'm 15, continuing to exercise, and it's making me taller.

I agree with your parents - please don't eat small portions when you're at that age. Weight loss during the teen years is very difficult to do and keep off because you're so hungry all the time...it'll be much easier to do once you're in your twenties. At your age you should be able to eat whatever you want but just make sure for every "bad" food you have (like candy) you eat something good either before or after (carrots, spinach, apple...).

About exercise..it depends on what kind. You shouldn't lift weights yet. I've noticed that kids who do sports that involve jumping, such as the long/high jump in track and field, grow really tall so you might want to do that. I think about 45 minutes of cardioaerobic exercise each day is good. You shouldn't overexert yourself though.

Guest sphynkter

there's definitely nothing bad with staying fit. however everything should be done in moderation. you're still growing so you shouldn't limit the kind of things you eat. but then again it's never good to go on one of those crazy diets. it's good that you'er starting early. because you don't want that weight to just keep adding onto itself. so yea if you start young you'll become more accustomed to staying in shape, and well you'll just keep that type of lifestyle for the rest of your life (hopefully). but yea remember to eat healthy, not just less.

Archived