[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

Episode 19 Re-cap

Picks up from the end of the last episode with hitman going over the fence.. JW save the princess but gettng a cut on the back and he's telling her to run with her friend from Japan save her a fights breaks out she carries Jw away to his home tell the servant to call for a doctor.. She's undressing him and he tries to stop her. JW is bleeding so much and she tears a pice of her clothes and tie it around him.. Back to the fight her friends kill them all the other kills himself and the guards chase her friend.. 

Back to the princess and JW scene and she's talking to him asking him not to be ok..After she gave the servant more orders.  

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gw finds out hitmen went after HW  His courtlady hit woman tells one of her underlings to follow Gw.. Gw is at JW house checking on him and Hw is there

Iw father talking to his underlings and asking about Gs and underling tells him something and he kills him so it may have been him that sent the underlings to kill Hw and he sends the others away..

Now Iw dad says something to his wife. She's trying to give him hope..

Gw and Hw is talking and she tells him what happen he calls her by her real name her and Gw is talking and she telling him something and Gw go into deep thought.. Now he knows they still trying to kill his sister.. I hope the princess see that he had nothing to do with what happen before..

Gw give his eunich orders hit woman court lady underling spying to see where he went..     

The two ladies work in the weapons factory are arguing and pours out something looks like thin paint for blood.. Someone has placed a letter on the palace wall saying something as the people reads it

In the court session GW other hit person his telling what the letter is about.

Iw dad and Gs meets up and he's holding the letter and he just looks at him now we go to the scene were hitman and Gs are together.. Court  Hitman tells Gw something as they talk..  Gw is telling him something but he knows Iw dad is also involved.. 

Scene were Iw dad and Gs are talking with underlings behind him underlings put swords to his neck he's trying to say something about GW .. Gs threaten Iw dad.. 

Back to the weapons people and they all are talking about the notice on the palace wall..  The funny court man come and breaks they conversation..

Iw is trying to get up Gw comes in and tells him to stay there

Gs is moving kind of fast go to the hideout and hw is there waiting for him and he makes a nasty remark Jw ask Gw how could he let Hw go there and he tells him it was Hw plan ..

Gs puts a sword on Hw neck and Hw telling him something about Gw Hw feeds Gs a line of BS

Gw palace hitwoman coming out of the palace

Two of the dowager supporters are with her and they are talking..  She tells them who HW is..   

The palace hit woman is there to see the dowager and told her maid to announce her throwing her orders around 

Now she sees the court ministers with the dowagr and asking why they together.. 

Gw and Hw she flashes back to they conversation.. Gs apologizes to her 

Courtlady and the queen  are talking and she asking about the princess  and court lady is threatening her

Gs and Hw is talking again he tells her something about Gw 

Fire arms are being pass out at Iw dad house and he gives him money as they set the stage in motion to kill Gw and Hw is in on it.. 

Hw spies on them and leave a note for GW to find what's going on so they know were the weapons comes from and who he works with

Jw and Gw talks Jw is in pain and Iw comes in dress in his fighting clothes going to protect the princess.. 

Gw leaves the palace to travel some where and the coirt guards are taking up they place where they going to be..

Hw showing them how to use the firearms.. 

Gw and the minister are going to the tombs palace the resting place of his dad I guess.. 

As Gw doing the ritual one of the guards tell Gw court hitman something and Gw relays a message back..

The guards are hiding in the trees and buches 

Hw and Gs are back in the hideout Gs is now telling Hw she has to stay and she's asking why I guess he leaves her lock in the hideout..  He lets her out and brings her along with them.. 

Hw Japan friend follows them secretly..

Iw and Jw is talking they all go into they spot

They hold a knife on her 

They took over the weapons place

The minister that work at the weapons place are watering his plants

So the plan is to blow up the weapons place..    .   

Iw and Jw talking 

Iw dad is talking to his underlings

They drag Hw off to kill her and her friend comes to save her

She shock to see him

He's says something to her she can't believe he's in Korea.. 

Another admirer

Gw and the rest are on they way back.. 

Gw telling Jw father about the blow up plan

goofy court man running off after the two kitchen woman tell him what's going on..

Hw and Jw father is talking and she remembers something  and he knows what she's talking about

They searching the weapons place

Goofy court man come and tells them where they seen him 

And now they plan to blow all the sulphur this is what Iw dad paid for

Gw rqacing to the scene Hw is in the sulpgur room 

She tries to put it put out she mange to stop some of it from blowing all up

Gw finds out she's in there and he rushes to try and save her but she walks out

Another great episode I have to re-watch I don't care if it's raw

Look like Iw dad takes up arms against the king also from the preview

So there you have it folks..

Really enjoyed todays episode´, especially with the return of a familiar face :D. I'm curious how long the princess was gone and what year it's supposed to be now? I hope the Jungmyung regain her identity/status soon,

@valsava  Thank you so much for the recap.  

@Misstwilightfan1416  Thank you for the clips. 

:)

​@smp567,  This episode was so good I really couldn't catch it all because of the fast scene changes I have to re-watch when raw comes up I couldn't get the full grip on the action scenes I really hate that ..  tell you on day's like today I wish I had my other computer back up and running.. I have to hurry and get it reconnected back on the internet.. 

Gw was really worried for his sister when that place was blowing up.. I guess since IW dad thinks it all has blowed up it's his chance now to kill Gw..   

Gs looks shock that Hw is still alive..

Also this is how the Queen thinks Gw is behind all these things because the court lady goes and do things without Gw knowing and threatening the dowager she thinks Gw sent her to do that.. 

Episode 19

Heo Gyun obtain a Ming Dynasty arsenal - the landmine (Jidaepo,지대포) to blow up 2,000Ibs of gunpowder in storage at Hwa Yi Do Gam (Bureau of Arsenal & firearms, 화기도감,火器都監), Gwanghaegun pride & joy to smiters

330px-Self-tripped_trespass_land_mine,_Huolongjing[1]

Princess Jeongmyeong marches out with the explosion engulfed behind like her as she single handed diverted the landmine away from danger

@valsava 

I just edited my post earlier and said I was going to watch the raw with you  :)
I am grateful you recapped the episode. Don't worry about the details we got the points.
Super glad Ja Kyung showed up to save the Princess ( and Joo Won). He practically lighted up the screens. Love the kicking scenes!
Oh my... our Princess sure has it tough, falling & rolling on the slope!! 
Whenever I think about the misunderstandings the Queen and the Princess have towards Gwanghaegun, I feel uncomfortable... But the fact that he let the killers ( Gai Si and Li Chum ) go justified his intention otherwise...

Episode 18

Heo Gyun obtain a Ming Dynasty arsenal - the landmine to blow up 2,000Ibs of gunpowder in storage at Hwa Yi Do Gam (Bureau of Arsenal & firearms, 화기도감,火器都監), Gwanghaegun pride & joy to smiters

Princess Jeongmyeong marches out with the explosion engulfed behind like her as she single handed diverted the landmine away from danger

@gerrytan8063   How on earth Heo Gyun got a hold of such a dreadful landmine and learned to use it!  I'm more surprised the Mings had already developed such weapons in that era.  Either way, his actions are not pardonable no matter how many grudges he has for Gwanghaegun because the Bureau is important for Joseon's national security.

Wondering if the Princess' grand deed is historical factual or fictional...  I mean in a less dramatic way, she might have somehow saved Joseon.

@valsava 

I just edited my post earlier and said I was going to watch the raw with you  :)
I am grateful you recapped the episode. Don't worry about the details we got the points.
Super glad Ja Gyun showed up to save the Princess ( and Joo Won). He practically lighted up the screen. Love the kicking scenes!
My... our Princess sure has it tough, falling & rolling on the slope!! 
Whenever I think about the misunderstandings the Queen and the Princess have towards Gwanghae, it is uncomfortable... But the fact that he let the killers ( Gai Si and Li Chum ) go justified his intention otherwise...

@smp567,  Even if Gw knows they did it he don't have any evidence to prove they did.. 

Episode 18

Heo Gyun obtain a Ming Dynasty arsenal - the landmine to blow up 2,000Ibs of gunpowder in storage at Hwa Yi Do Gam (Bureau of Arsenal & firearms, 화기도감,火器都監), Gwanghaegun pride & joy to smiters

@gerrytan8063   How on earth Heo Gyun got a hold of such a dreadful landmine and learned to use it!  I'm more surprised the Mings had already developed such weapons in that era.  Either way, his actions are not pardonable no matter how many grudges he has for Gwanghaegun because the Bureau is important for Joseon's national security.

Wondering if the Princess' grand deed is historical factual or fictional...  I mean in a less dramatic way, she might have somehow saved Joseon.

@smp567,  This more of Iw dads plan he more of a spy for the Ming courts and he had to get rid of Gw pride and joy so Ming could still threaten them.. I think another trip to Japan will be needed and the friend is up for the job.. 

@valsava 

Whenever I think about the misunderstandings the Queen and the Princess have towards Gwanghae, it is uncomfortable... But the fact that he let the killers ( Gai Si and Li Chum ) go justified his intention otherwise...

@smp567,  Even if Gw knows they did it he don't have any evidence to prove they did.. 

@valsava That is the more reason the Queen, the Princess, and the public view Gwanghaegun as the hand behind those immoral actions which I heard later becomes the main reason for his dethronement.
Well, at least in this drama, the king doesn't have the intention of harming his family ( though I remember Gerry mentioned that the Grand prince would be deemed a threat to his throne).
If only Gwanghaegun could say that it was all done by his servants...

@SMP567

"How on earth Heo Gyun got a hold of such a dreadful landmine and learned to use it!  I'm more surprised the Mings had already developed such weapons in that era.  Either way, his actions are not pardonable no matter how many grudges he has for Gwanghaegun because the Bureau is important for Joseon's national security."

Landmines have been around China since the Song Dynasty (960-1279). Landmines date back to 13th century when the Song Dynasty was fighting against the Mongols to save a city in the Southern China. The records of 14th century describe the use of cannonball shells of cast iron which were filled with gunpowder. The literature of mid 14th century when Yuan Dynasty was falling & Ming Dynasty was emerging records of cast iron made mines, that were spherical in shape and they had magic gunpowder, blinding and burning gunpowder or poison gunpowder filled in it as per the requirement. In 2002, Chinese archaeologists recently unearthed ancient landmines from the early Ming Dynasty of the fourteenth to seventeenth centuries. I have seen a documentary on the excavation

Heo Gyun must have got the "arsenal" from the Chinese merchants, they practically will sell anything for money. I think it is quite easy to detonate the landmine...just light the fuse

"Wondering if the Princess' grand deed is historical factual or fictional...  I mean in a less dramatic way, she might have somehow saved Joseon."

I actually have historical records of her benevolence deed, from the Korean Daum website, but since I am currently away in Melbourne, I will post them when I return. I actually posted the paragraph but in Hangeul (Korean) as I had no time to do the translation

Archived