Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

7 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

I think the organizer submitted a few names to Korea side.  I recommended them Danny Yeo (Yang Jun Wei) and they replied that his name was in the list.  i think the agency will be the one making the decision.  Maybe the organizer need to submit video of them emcee as well.  I also worried if it is lady emcee or those current DJs.  They are mostly more knowledgeable in music and for dramas, it's only those they liked.  i have seen some DJs (male or female), they are so fake, you know they didn't really watch the drama of the star they emcee but act like they did, some of them just can't bring the atmosphere to a higher level. Some of them are not bilingual.  As far as i know, Danny Yeo do his handwork for the star he emcee & is bilingual (and i meant his mandarin and english are just as good). 

But i think the emcee is likely to be a male.  From Malaysia & HK fan meets, they have chosen a guy.  If they next few FM are male emcee, then most likely Singapore fan meet will be male as well. :)

Ahh.. I see :)  So I don't think I need to worry then.  Lady emcee usually not that sporting, thus could not bring the best out of Bogummy,  unless they ask someone like Michelle Chong (like her so much)... gahh.. Hope Singapore FM goes well too and create more beautiful moments to share with everybody in here!  10q for the info @chocolatepie :)

• Like 3

@4evgbogummy LOL, indeed motherly love.. the happiness and excitement looking at a child enjoying his desert.  What to do, he can swallow the whole thing in his mouth, and still looked so handsome :wub:  We're really Taeken by him, period.  

Oh, want to ask you something.  Since Bogum is nominated in Daesang category in KBS Drama Award, if, SJK wins, does that mean Bogum won't get any award, not even Top Excellence Award?  And last year, there were 2 winners in Daesang cat, you think they might repeat this? Feeling excited for the year end to come.

• Like 4

Having had some time to reflect on the HK FM now that I am home, I'd like to say that in the short span of less than a year, Bogummy has really toughened up a lot. I still remember that at the SK FM at the beginning of this year, he cried uncontrollably. At the Taiwan FM in April, he too cried a lot, though he seemed to be able to control his tears better than he could at his first FM. Then, at the HK FM, you can see he was able to contain his tears quite well.

I feel so blessed to be able to witness his growth as a person. He's also getting more and more comfortable with his overseas fans despite the language barrier. 

The most moving part is my observation that he truly treasures his fans. He puts a lot of thought into showing his appreciation for his fans. At the HK FM, he gave away his precious belongings- his black, leather bag that accompanied him on his Phuket reward trip and his YoF Africa trip; and the blanket that he used at the R88 Fansign that he said he has used for many years. The Emcee also said he planned the whole FM, from the theme, Happy Day to all the activities. The only thing not planned by him is the video presentation done by his C fans. He was going to take a group picture when the lights suddenly went off and there were murmurs of surprise. Some fans around me thought that the organizer made a glitch in the program. The video by C fans was compiled by the Bogum Bar from all the video clips submitted by C fans. We were all told to send in our recording of the MDBC sign language hand gestures for their compilation. I was so pleasantly surprised that it was so beautifully done. From all of this, you can see how hands on he is and how sincerely appreciative of his fans he is!

How can we not love him more and more?!!

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, justgummy said:

@4evgbogummy LOL, indeed motherly love.. the happiness and excitement looking at a child enjoying his desert.  What to do, he can swallow the whole thing in his mouth, and still looked so handsome :wub:  We're really Taeken by him, period.  

Oh, want to ask you something.  Since Bogum is nominated in Daesang category in KBS Drama Award, if, SJK wins, does that mean Bogum won't get any award, not even Top Excellence Award?  And last year, there were 2 winners in Daesang cat, you think they might repeat this? Feeling excited for the year end to come.

Haha...cutie pie, eating Bogummy is LOVE.

Frankly, I don't know much about KBS Awards. The speculation is that KBS is likely to expand their categories of awards to ensure that all deserving actors will receive an award, maybe they may have Daesang for new actors and both male and female. I believe Top Excellence is a separate award, so the Daesang and Top Excellence can certainly go to two different actors.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, justgummy said:

As far as i have seen past drama awards, if he wins the top excellence, he will not have a chance for daesang.  i think this year daesang might have 2 winners as well.  Unless they have 2 excellence winners instead (i do not want to see this if Bo Gum is 1 of them). Top excellence winner is usually from the Daesang nominees list.  I still think he deserved the Daesang, even 2 winners for Daesang and Bo Gum is 1 of them, i wouldn't mind it.  

The 4 Daesang nominees are attending the drama award right?  If it is, likely there will be 2 top excellence winners this year for male category.  Is Park Shin Yang's drama also 16-20episodes? Though they have winners for different type of dramas (mini-series, weekends(?),etc), but if the 4 nominees dramas falls under mini-series, they will have a hard time this year to choose the winner. If Song Hye Gyo did not win female top excellence, then she will be either the Daesang winner or co-winner.  

• Like 7

Does anyone knows what time does the red carpet for KBS Entertainment Award starts?  if i'm not tired on that day (just landed on that day in Seoul), i might go to KBS.  But Drama Award (31st Dec), i will definitely go to the red carpet to see Bo Gum, :wub:

Regarding Vprove, @4evgbogummy, which outlet did you visit when you were there?  I heard that there is only 1 original (i.e. open by the original company) and the rest at myeongdong area are franchise. 

Early Christmas with Park Bo Gum in Hong Kong!

31.jpg 

Hong Kong, 2016 – Hong Kong fans had an early Christmas on the 12th of December with friendly and warm Park Bo Gum at his fan meeting in Hong Kong! This isn’t Bo Gum’s first visit to Hong Kong as he has previously graced Hong Kong with his appearance during MAMA this year. Park Bo Gum spent a lot of effort and heart into preparing this Hong Kong fan meeting and he was also the one who came up with the name ‘Oh! Happy Day”. The fan meeting was held for a full 3 hours and a hi-5 session to mark the end of the fan meeting. Posters and postcards were also given to the fans who attended the fan meet!

Undisclosed photos and popular scenes from dramas such as ‘Reply 1988’ and ‘Love In The Moon’ was also shown during the fan meeting. He picked a few lucky fans to have a re-enactment of the scenes in the dramas and he even brought his costume along with him! One could easily tell the amount of effort and heart he put in preparing the fan meeting!

Playing the piano while singing Christmas carol Winter Wonderland was one of the talent he demonstrated. While performing 보라빛 향기 (Violent fragrance), he clapped to the rhythm and gave out flying kisses to the fans and it was indeed adorable.

Park Bo Gum then wore a reindeer hair accessory while singing Jingle bell. During the segment of sampling various delicacy from Hong Kong, he fed fans with the bento that he made personally!

For the final stage of the game segment, Park Bo Gum wore a traditional Chinese costume and danced to Boomastic. Fans even dance along!

Park Bo Gum was touched by the fan video and he teared. He said that he is really thankful to the fans and his sincerity touched the fans as well, making them tear too. One can easily see that Park Bo Gum is nice to everyone, including the staff who helped to prepare this event.

Lastly he prepared a mandarin song titled Tian Mi Mi and a letter for all the fans who attended the fan meeting. Fans gave support by raising their light sticks and joining him while he sings. A true heart-warming sight for all.

Article content by: Chan Po Ching
Photo by: Lam Chak Ho

Official Photos by : Blossom Entertainment

https://stararena.co/2016/12/21/early-christmas-with-park-bo-gum-in-hong-kong/

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 4evgbogummy said:

Having had some time to reflect on the HK FM now that I am home, I'd like to say that in the short span of less than a year, Bogummy has really toughened up a lot. I still remember that at the SK FM at the beginning of this year, he cried uncontrollably. At the Taiwan FM in April, he too cried a lot, though he seemed to be able to control his tears better than he could at his first FM. Then, at the HK FM, you can see he was able to contain his tears quite well.

I feel so blessed to be able to witness his growth as a person. He's also getting more and more comfortable with his overseas fans despite the language barrier. 

The most moving part is my observation that he truly treasures his fans. He puts a lot of thought into showing his appreciation for his fans. At the HK FM, he gave away his precious belongings- his black, leather bag that accompanied him on his Phuket reward trip and his YoF Africa trip; and the blanket that he used at the R88 Fansign that he said he has used for many years. The Emcee also said he planned the whole FM, from the theme, Happy Day to all the activities. The only thing not planned by him is the video presentation done by his C fans. He was going to take a group picture when the lights suddenly went off and there were murmurs of surprise. Some fans around me thought that the organizer made a glitch in the program. The video by C fans was compiled by the Bogum Bar from all the video clips submitted by C fans. We were all told to send in our recording of the MDBC sign language hand gestures for their compilation. I was so pleasantly surprised that it was so beautifully done. From all of this, you can see how hands on he is and how sincerely appreciative of his fans he is!

How can we not love him more and more?!!

From your translation for Park Bo Gum's letter to Fans in Hong Kong, this post above, and all of your and others posts about fan meeting, I really could feel how Park Bo Gum treasures his fans indeed. True sincerity could be acknowledged only it's really genuine. 

• Like 3

Please vote for Park Bo Gum: 

Actor of the Year,  Best Drama OST (My Person), Best Bromance (Kwakkie x Bogum),  Best Kiss (BoYoo),  Best Couple (BoYoo/Suntaek),  Drama of the Year (Reply 1988/MDBC),  Best Adaptation (MDBC)

https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/

you can vote daily until January 16, 2017. You need soompi account to vote, you can sign in through Facebook or google. Spread the word. Thanks :)

• Like 8

Hi, I'm a new Park Bo Gum fan. I bought a CAT 1 ticket for his Singapore fanmeet but may I know what's a hi-touch chance (as stated on the ticket organiser website)? And may I know is there any Singapore Park Bo Gum fanclub around? Would be great if I could join other fans to go for the fanmeet!

• Like 8

@4evgbogummy thank you so so much for all your translations in the HK fanmeet! it's really fun reading them :)
and also thanks to all chingus here who update and share clips, pics, news of our Bogummy, this thread is the cure to my stress. 

[about the Daesang nominees]

According to what i know,  that list was just a prediction from a reporter of Daily Sports. There hasn't been any official information from KBS yet. For me, i don't want Bogum to get the Daesang this year, since he's so young, if he won the Daesang he'd get a lot of hates and criticism from k-netizen, i definately don't want it to happen to uri Bogummy :'(. Bogum winning Top Excellence or Excellence award is just wonderful for me already :blush:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Actor of the Year,  Best Drama OST (My Person), Best Bromance (Kwakkie x Bogum),  Best Kiss (BoYoo),  Best Couple (BoYoo/Suntaek),  Drama of the Year (Reply 1988/MDBC),  Best Adaptation (MDBC)

you can vote daily until January 16, 2017. You need soompi account to vote, you can sign in through Facebook or google. Spread the word. Thanks :)

Note: We can vote 24 times per category over 24 hours. Thanks @mellinadear

• Like 7

7 hours ago, mellinadear said:

@mellinadear: Can we tweet this including @Yesin Lee's info that we can vote 24x a day per category. We can ask @xxxFaA, @heyfen0616, @rynn_peace to tweet this. Sorry, I am not twitter savvy.

Welcome, @kangniee! Enjoy camping in this thread!

• Like 7

Don’t know Park Bo-gum? Well, you should

December 22, 2016 Entertainment, Movies, People, TV

By CHESTER CHIN

Don’t know Park Bo-gum? Well, you should

Park Bo-gum should have taken the longer route. The smell of warm food and freshly brewed coffee from a ballroom – where lunch is being served – wafts across the hotel hallway as he makes his way to a private room for our interview.

“I am so hungry right now,” Park sheepishly confesses in halting English when he finally settles on the empty chair across, a pout on his boyish face as he rubs his stomach.

The South Korean actor tussles with memory as he tries to tell me, through a translator, about a regional skewered grilled meat dish.

Satay?

“Ah yes, that’s right!” the 23-year-old Park exclaims, his round eyes widening in glee. “I really want to eat some satay now.”

The Seoul native was in Kuala Lumpur for a fan meeting as part of his Asian tour. He had just wrapped up a hectic press conference prior to this interview. And once our session was done, he was whisked away to exchange pleasantries with sponsors of the event.

If the guy was exhausted, his bubbly demeanour showed otherwise.

“I’m just very thankful to be here,” Park said. “I am grateful for all the moments that I have, and I’m moving forward one step at a time to the future."

Park Bo-gum’s speedy success could be attributed to the hordes of fans who have rallied behind him. Here he’s seen taking a selfie with crowd of his Kuala Lumpur fan meeting recently. Photos: Blossom Entertainment

Park Bo-gum’s speedy success could be attributed to the hordes of fans who have rallied behind him. Here he’s seen taking a selfie with crowd of his Kuala Lumpur fan meeting recently. Photos: Blossom Entertainment

If anything, there’s really no better time than the present for the young star. Park is at the peak of fame – and there are no signs of him slowing down.

To date, he has appeared in a range of roles in both television and film. His tenure as a co-host on popular music programme Music Bank made him the cool kid among young fans. Meanwhile, his many supporting K-drama roles sweep older women off their feet.

It’s worth noting that the Myongji University undergraduate’s breakout role came in 2015, a mere four years after his entertainment debut. His portrayal of a genius board game player in the nostalgia-tinged Reply 1988 made him a household name. Since then, the actor became a much sought-after talent.

He’s been hailed as the next generation hallyu (Korean wave) star and more recently, the immense popularity of Park’s leading role in the Joseon Dynasty period drama Love In The Moonlight garnered him the title “Nation’s Crown Prince”.

When I remind him that he’s also known as the “Nation’s Son-In-Law”, a guarded look briefly flashes across his otherwise cheery face. “It’s a kind of responsibility to have those titles,” he shrugs, “and since those reputations were given through the trust and love of my fans, I really need to look after those expectations. I just try to stay focused and show the goodness in me to people.”

That desire to live up to the public’s expectations of him is, in part, spurred by the fact that Park found success at a relatively young age. And he owes it to the steady fan base that has rallied behind him.

Park’s breakout role was in the the hit drama Reply 1988.

Park’s breakout role was in the the hit drama Reply 1988.

The actor’s meteoric rise could be regarded as a rarity in the hyper-competitive South Korean entertainment scene. To put things in perspective, entertainers in the republic often struggle through the early years to make a name for themselves in the industry.

“So far, I haven’t encountered any particular moments that are hard to deal with,” Park offers, referring to a question about the hardships he might have faced in carving an acting career.

That doesn’t mean that he is resting on his laurels.

“It’s not the moment yet for me to enjoy my time as an actor,” he says passionately, “and as the time goes by, I feel that I need to push myself harder to pay back for all the good fortune that I have received.”

In person, Park doesn’t quite whip up the kind of star presence one would often associate with top acts. He enters the room without any frills or fuss.

At the start of our interview, the actor even made the blunder of sitting on a plain-looking chair designated for the translator (his publicist had reserved a posh-looking armchair for him).

But it’s this sort of charming boy-next-door persona, coupled with an emotionally vulnerable disposition, that has made Park an unassuming acting force to be reckoned with.

Fans cherish his sentimentality. He’s been known for breaking down during public appearances on some occasions.

“It’s just that I appreciate all the little things in life. If I can help it, I would try my best to hold back my tears,” Park says when asked what tugs at his heartstrings. Then again, those waterworks might have something to do with his sad past.

A Reply 1988 audition tape – which was shown during an episode of the travel programme Youth Over Flowers: Africa, that Park participated in earlier this year – unveiled details about the actor’s sad past.

“In fourth grade, my mother passed away,” he had revealed then, unable to hold back emotions as he rehearsed a conversation between a son and mother.

Fast forward to the present day, and Park says he tries to let bygones be bygones.

“It’s because I know I cannot turn back time no matter what. So, instead of regretting or thinking about the past, it’s much better to just move on,” he offers, without specifically mentioning his family background.

In moving on, Park is revelling in the many opportunities he gets as an actor. He gushes about the exciting experiences he has enjoyed through his professional engagements. Reply 1988 taught him how to play Go, the abstract strategy board game. He got to explore a whole new continent on Youth Over Flowers: Africa, while Love In The Moonlight allowed him to pick up horse riding.

When asked what other roles he would consider tackling, the actor replies: “There are a lot more challenges I look forward to. So, I’m really open to anything at this point.”

“What would you recommend?” he casually asks, sitting up eagerly to hear the reply.

Uh, superhero?

“Oh, superhero? That’s actually a good idea. Most superhero characters we see these days are from foreign countries. I would like to play a superhero that shows off Korean power,” he says with a laugh.

All jokes aside though, Park confesses he’s still trying to get used to the attention he has been getting.

“There are two sides to this. On the one hand, I’m very grateful for all the love I have received, I really do. It’s just that my private life is not as private as before.

“When I’m not in front of the camera, I’m just like any other normal person. I’m a student. I eat when I’m stressed. Eating is a routine I cannot leave out in a day. “I’m someone who likes to take public transport but it’s hard for me to do that now.”

Park stresses that he’s not complaining, though. It’s a small price to pay to forge a career in entertainment, he reckons.

“Ultimately, I want to be a good person and spread happiness through my acting. If I don’t forget to be appreciative and thankful, then that would be the most important thing that I’ll ever achieve,” he says with a warm smile as he prepares to leave for his next appointment.

“Thank you for doing this interview with me,” he says and bows deeply, before exiting through the same hallway he came from earlier.

The smell of tantalising culinary creations lingers outside, threatening to whet Park’s appetite once more. But work beckons, so satay just has to wait.

http://www.star2.com/entertainment/tv/2016/12/22/park-bo-gum-is-the-next-big-thing-from-south-korea/

I love the "sense of humanity" with which this article is written. So many moving details about Bogum, the person.

• Like 11

[naver] MOST MEMORABLE DRAMA ACTOR OF THE YEAR

Posted on 5:16 PM by kei z

T/N: We're not sure if you guys like these polls so we'll just post it in case :) the pictures were a bit hard to copy so we'll take our own pictures ><  also keep in mind that these polls are still ongoing. We'll just do the top 10 otherwise, it will be too long XD Lastly, there are only 3 top comments so don't be taken aback for the lack of comments!

1. Yoo Shijin (Song Joongki - Descendants of the Sun - 21.6%
Image result for yoo shi jin

2. Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) - The Goblin - 17.8%
Image result for gongyoo goblin

3. Lee Young (Park Bogum) - Moonlight Drawn by Clouds - 10.4%
Image result for park bo gum lee young

4. Lee Jaehan (Jo Jinwoong) - Signal - 9.5%
Image result for lee jaehan

5. Oh Haeyoung (Seo Hyunjin) - Oh Haeyoung Again - 8.7%
Image result for seo hyunjin oh hae young

6. Lee Hwashin (Jo Jungseok) - Jealousy Incarnate - 8.5%
Image result for jo jung suk jealousy incarnate

7. Kang Chul (Lee Jongsuk) - W - 5.4%
Image result for kang chul

8. Wang So (Lee Junki) - Moon Lovers - 4.1%
Image result for lee junki wangso

9. Kim Sabu (Han Sukgyu) - Romantic Doctors, Teacher Kim - 3.7%
Image result for han suk kyu doctors

10. Shim Cheong (Jun Jihyun) - Legend of the Blue Sea - 3.5%
Image result for jun ji hyun legend of the blue sea

Responses:

1. [+2357, -93]
In the end, it's just a battle of the best drama
> Spring = Song Joongki, Summer = Park Bogum, Fall = Jo Jungseok, Winter = Gong Yoo
> I still remember Moon Lovers' Lee Junki the most~
> Even if people end up voting for the best drama, aren't these the walls of viewers ratings? DOTS had over 30%
> The Goblin and DOTS for me!

2. [+2120, -62]
It's ultimately a popularity voteㅋㅋㅋㅋ
> Are there only females who are voting? Seo Hyunjin, fighting!
> I fell in love with Lee Junki's action acting.. I really thought that he did well
> Why are they including The Goblin??? I know that it's entertaining but it's currently airing so it's a bit unfair.

3. [+1861, -216]
They should remove the dramas that are currently airing. It's way too unfair tsk tsk why even vote

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2016/12/naver-most-memorable-drama-actor-of-year.html

• Like 5