Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

According to one Chinese fan who lives in SK, our Bogummy may have fallen ill. He had an IV injection yesterday. The schedule for MDBC is crazily tight. Praying for strength and good health for him and that MDBC filming will be completed smoothly. He must be so so exhausted. 

"You've worked hard, Bogum-ah!"

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

According to one Chinese fan who lives in SK, our Bogummy may have fallen ill. He had an IV injection yesterday. The schedule for MDBC is crazily tight. Praying for strength and good health for him and that MDBC filming will be completed smoothly. He must be so so exhausted. 

Oh god, no... I hope he recovers soon. This is one of the reasons I hate live shooting... 

@4evgbogummy May I ask for the link to the video in which he did the MangoTV's  interview? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 4evgbogummy said:

Sigh! That's why I don't like liveshoot a la Korea style. Praying for your well-being, Bogum!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4evgbogummy said:

NOOOOOO ..... :tears:  HE MUST BE VERY EXHAUSTED !!! :bawling:  BE STRONG AND GET WELL SOON BOGUM AH !!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB ..... HANG ON , OK..... YOU CAN DO IT TILL THE END .... FIGHTING !!!! 

1 hour ago, 4evgbogummy said:

oh my god!! Let's pray for Bo Gum to have speedy recovery. he has worked really hard!!

• Like 3

@sara2908, thanks for the translation. I thought it would be Bogum since previously that he'll be taking part in the OST too :blush:. Yes, i believe it will be a great song too by Lee Juck. So far, i'm loving all the OST from MDBC!

@4evgbogummy, owwhh, uri Bogummy has fall sick :(. No wonder since his MDBC schedule seems so tight and in between he did filmed for CF too. Please stay healthy, Bogum. Hope you will get well soon. KBS, please give our Bogummy some rest too..

@underthemoon0616, thanks for sharing the teaser. Any idea what's the title song would be?

I just read this very well written article ( the Chinese translation ) which came out on naver. It's very well written and I can only share the essence of it with you, if you would pardon the inadequacy thereof. 

Title: How Bogummy's eye acting has captivated the Korean audience.

You get a sense of healing just by looking at his eyes. In recent times, dramas are no longer about the storyline or the plot development. Dramas are now about characters. You need actors who can get the audience involved in the characters in the drama. Audience now watch dramas for their characters. No matter how popular an actor is, if the audience cannot feel for the character in his drama, they will leave. Thus, it is now all about how actors can bring their characters to life to the audience.

We experience all sorts of struggles and pressures in real life. That's why we turn to dramas for release and we want to see hope, inspiration and true love in our drama characters. Our Bogummy is just able to bring such characters to us.

In R88 his role appeared easy. He was just a pure-hearted genius baduk player. In love, he was single-minded. In essence, he was a quiet youth whose quiet tears moved us to love him. 

When this quiet youth gifted with tears was selected as the CP, no one could predict what the outcome would be, not even the people in the production team. And this is a historical drama with a real historical figure that existed before. And our Bogummy has never acted in a Sageuk drama. How this would play out was anybody's guess. That alone generated a lot of conversations and speculations.

After MDBC aired, our Bogummy's popularity exploded. He became talk of the town and no day passes without people talking about him in the news. This arises because he has surpassed everyone's expectations. His acting skills is like a Pandora's box that has been opened.

The Korean audience has always loved their crown princes. Before, these crown princes appeared in the likes of SJK and KSH. It's indeed pressurizing to take on this kind of role. You need an actor who can meet the expectations of the audience.

Our Bogummy has done it and he has done it in his own style. He has delivered to the audience a different kind of CP, a CP who is on the crossover between youth and manhood. He has given us a CP who loves singlemindedly. Yet, it is a love that is so heartbreaking while being so pure. He is a CP who does not give up on his love no matter what the odds are. This is the kind of CP he has given us, all through just his eyes. Through his eyes, you can see a whole gamut of emotions, from confusion to anxiety to protective love. His eyes make the audience feel for and with the character. Yet, on the other hand, this is a young CP who is mischievous and who laughs easily and a CP who has all the youthful courage and idealism you get in a youth. Our Bogummy's eyes are transparent and he has delivered this ideal CP to us.

In the 21st century, people have become a lot more jaded by the cruel realities of life. The writer says through MDBC, she is able to find this ideal person who shows her what it is like to be so protected, cherished and loved. This is the character that our Bogummy has delivered to all of us. 

*please note that "our Bogummy" is from me.*

• Like 14

Actually there's another short write up about Taek that came out yesterday that I really like. I will write about it since I love Taek and he's still my one and only love for now. I won't bother to do an accurate translation but just my memory of it (there's also my love for Taek written into this).

Taek is a person you will never forget. As a quiet boy, you don't hear him. But you feel him. He moves you with his purity, and his tears breaks your heart. Yet, beneath the gentle fascade, he is a boy with steely determination and courage. Above all, he is a boy who is clear about his love and will boldly profess it and claims it when the girl responds.

Yes, Taek will always have an irreplaceable and special place in my heart. 

Our Bogummy has done it with Taek and is now again bringing to us CP. We can all look forward to him bringing to us more characters that we will fall in love with.

That's our Bogummy!

• Like 13

Experts in vocal sounds and face(face readers) were interviewed. They shared gummy's voice to be 108MHz, which is considered to be  middle to low range. The vibration of his voice (jitter?) is said to be 1.88%.

The face expert talks about his forehead. Talked about how his sharp chin is more towards south,nose and thin lips is more north. His thin upper lips gives a more intellectual beauty, thicker lower lips make u look less cold. His hidden double eyelid and his soft/tender skin might make him a little feminine but his thick eyebrows make him manly.

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&sid1=001&oid=020&aid=0003005773

Trans ©: @snolaxy

Me: this is too much. LOL 

• Like 8

@mellinadear Haha, I and a number of Chinese fans have long noted all the moles he has on his face and neck - two on the nose, one on his upper lip, one on his neck and one on his ear. Haha..now that there's a detailed analysis of his voice and face from experts, I am comforted to know that it is not just his crazy fans who are obsessed with him.

• Like 5