UPDATED-Lawrence Ng rejects "Where Are We Going, Dad?"

sugarplum892

Lawrence Ng and wife are getting a divorce
BBc12cn.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

It was just two days ago when Hong Kong actor Lawrence Ng said that he was trying hard to salvage his marriage with Chinese actress Shi Yang Zi, but yesterday, he announced on Weibo that they will be getting a divorce.
Thanking everyone for their concern, the 50-year-old wrote: “As a man, I am to blame for not being able to manage my married life well. For the sake of my daughter, I did not want things to end up like this. But things are out of control now and divorce seems to be the best decision for us. I feel regretful and upset and the only thing I can do to reduce the hurt to my daughter is to shower her with more love and do my best to bring her up.”
The couple, who are parents to their 6 year old daughter Xi Er, have been living apart for three to four years. To make a return to showbiz, 29-year-old Yang Zi is said to have left Xi Er in the care of her mother in Changchun, China.
While Lawrence often posts family photos on Weibo, calling Yang Zi “my great wife” and Xi Er “piggy” with captions like “The two most important people in my life”, there were no photos of him among the 821 found on Yang Zi’s Weibo.
Rather, it was Taiwanese singer Annie Yi’s fiancé, Chinese actor Qin Hao, who appeared in three photos on her account where she called him “dearest brother”. In those photos that they took together, the two behaved intimately, leaning on and hugging each other.
BBc0A4b.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Source

Lawrence Ng and wife to fight for daughter’s custody

BBcEPEf.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

After living apart for more than three years, Hong Kong actor Lawrence Ng announced last week that he and his wife, Chinese actress Shi Yang Zi, are getting a divorce.

The two will reportedly be fighting for the custody of his six-year-old daughter Xi Er, who is currently living in Changchun, China with her maternal grandmother.

Much has been said about the couple’s conflicting opinions on raising Xi Er. Lawrence wants to bring her up in Hong Kong but Yang Zi has no intention of changing their living environment because their daughter is already used to it, having grown up in China.

The actor had shared previously, “I hope my daughter can enroll in primary school in Hong Kong latest by next September. She will not be lonely if she stays in my younger brother’s place as he has a daughter too and they can take care of each other.”

As the couple has differing views with regards to Xi Er’s accommodation, the 50-year-old actor will find time to reach a consensus with Yang Zi. “We have not really decided on where she will stay. She has been living with my mother-in-law so I will discuss the matter with them.”

Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lawrence Ng can't stand mainland ChinaLawrence Ng can't stand mainland China

3 Nov – Despite the fact that he had been residing in mainland China since his marriage to Chinese actress Shi Yangzi, Lawrence Ng admitted that he was never able to call it a real home.

According to an interview on HK Headlines, the actor, who has plans to return to Hong Kong after his divorce, stated, "The longer I live in China, the less love I have for it."

Admitting that Hong Kong will always be home in his heart, Lawrence said that aside from the cultural differences, he also felt that there is a lack of discipline in China.

"Once, when I was in Changchun with my daughter, I saw a man peeing in the street. When I glanced at him, he threatened to beat me. My wife also had an experience being cheated off her money on an online shopping site, but when we went to the public security bureau, they didn't help at all," he said.

Asked if his daughter will stay with him in Hong Kong or reside in mainland China with her mother, Lawrence said that Xier will have her own opinion when she grows up and will be able to differentiate between the two places.

"We will let her choose where she wants to stay then," said Lawrence.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lawrence Ng rejects "Where Are We Going, Dad?"Lawrence Ng rejects "Where Are We Going, Dad?"

12 Nov – Hong Kong actor Lawrence Ng recently revealed that he and his daughter Xier will not be joining the hit Chinese reality show, "Where Are We Going, Dad?"According to KwongWah News, the actor previously uploaded photos of him with his three-year-old daughter while on vacation in Saipan, and caught the eyes of Netizens, who urged him to join the reality show with his daughter.Though Lawrence revealed that he was indeed contacted by the production and offered a place in the show, the actor said that he has decided to turn it down.In a telephone interview with the media, Lawrence said that he hopes to give Xier a normal environment to live in and a reality show will not help the process.In related news, Lawrence and wife, Shi Yangzi, have yet to sign their divorce papers, saying that they have already been living separately for the last few years and have grown accustomed to it.
Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lawrence Ng denies involvement with Jacqueline WongLawrence Ng denies involvement with Jacqueline Wong

13 Nov – Hong Kong actor Lawrence Ng recently dismissed rumours saying that he is romantically involved with young actress Jacqueline Wong.

According to China Topix, the actor, who spoke to the media recently, denied that Jacqueline was part of the reason why his marriage with Shi Yangzi crumbled, saying that the crack in their marriage had started many years ago.

"Our marriage had started crumbling four years ago. At that time, Jacqueline hasn't even joined showbiz," said Lawrence.

The actor also expressed his apology to everybody who has been dragged into his personal affairs.

Source

Archived