[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

haymochi said: @dawnshine reading the supposed ending of the novel made me do the head banging again X( X( they should have followed the novel 100% with more romance instead of combining it with real history. I now want to throw the pd and writers to that icy cold lake!!!!!!

It's been days that i still can't accept the ending but i will just come to term accept it positively as a bitter sweet ending. Their love, destiny and fate is unseparable not even death and the afterlife. The moment SY left, WS's heart went away with her too. He did what he had to do as a king like what SY has always told him to. Although , they were accomplishing their missions in a different place but as usual they are aiming for the same direction. It's a fact that no matter what , their hearts will always be one. Of course, It will be so perfect if she could stay by WS side forever to assist him but that girl dreams and intelligence is beyond that. Since the prophecy has said that she can turn every darkness into light and will be a hope for the nation not just Goryeo. Maybe she went across various places and there she helped a lot of people . Just that death came to seek her first without her being able to meet WS for the last time ( or she may have met him, who knows). Anyhow, their promise to live together and enjoy all the beautifulness of Geumkang Mountain was after they finished all their tasks including WS saving Goryeo , not just by being a king but also the main responsibilities of him as a king by getting rid of those bad roots and help the slaves. In the end they finished their mission and were able to let go of their burdens in life z Now they meet again in the after life with SY sitting there waiting for his hyungnim. No one can ever separate them again.... They can live happily ever after in their most beautiful dream place :\"> :\"> But one question, why is SW not in the heaven too? He should be joining the party...don't tell me he went to hell ^#(^

Like many here, I was not able to accept the ending given the strong characters of both Wang So and Shin Yool and their deep love for each other. I  had a heavy heart after watching the finale. It didn't make sense.  Still, I have now come to feel less dissatisfied with the ending. I reconcile my thinking that they have decided to take on the burdens of the nation above their love, in fact, their love makes it possible for them to bear the heavier burdens of the nation. Their hearts remain with each other and that give them the strength to continue the difficult paths each will take. In any case, it is a blessing that Shin Yool lives when she could have died before the age of 20. If only they did not show us the sad, haggard, lonely, old Wang So pining for Shin Yool...ouch! 

@ross27 i agree their hearts remain with each other and it's a relieved that their destiny is to be together even in the after life. They look so calm, happy, and relieved. I was very consoled by that but the king ceremony and the old WS with grim face looking at her wedding dress pinning for SY was a double stab in our hearts. Just like Ws said " you survived the icy cold lake and come to me like a destiny" . At least they met, fall in love deeply , and still love each other till death and in the after life.

cutestrobery said: It's been days that i still can't accept the ending but i will just come to term accept it positively as a bitter sweet ending. Their love, destiny and fate is unseparable not even death and the afterlife. The moment SY left, WS's heart went away with her too. He did what he had to do as a king like what SY has always told him to. Although , they were accomplishing their missions in a different place but as usual they are aiming for the same direction. It's a fact that no matter what , their hearts will always be one. Of course, It will be so perfect if she could stay by WS side forever to assist him but that girl dreams and intelligence is beyond that. Since the prophecy has said that she can turn every darkness into light and will be a hope for the nation not just Goryeo. Maybe she went across various places and there she helped a lot of people . Just that death came to seek her first without her being able to meet WS for the last time ( or she may have met him, who knows). Anyhow, their promise to live together and enjoy all the beautifulness of Geumkang Mountain was after they finished all their tasks including WS saving Goryeo , not just by being a king but also the main responsibilities of him as a king by getting rid of those bad roots and help the slaves. In the end they finished their mission and were able to let go of their burdens in life z Now they meet again in the after life with SY sitting there waiting for his hyungnim. No one can ever separate them again.... They can live happily ever after in their most beautiful dream place :\"> :\"> But one question, why is SW not in the heaven too? He should be joining the party...don't tell me he went to hell ^#(^

Guest dawnshine

The ShinYool mode continues...11055870_1391028581216366_1957147224_n.j11022860_1408513679463977_1476751929_n.j11085019_383020525235772_1776914775_n.jp

Yool-a, even when you're imprisoned with messy hair and pale face, you still looked beautiful. Tell us your secret!11094486_820872064662411_1918461410_n.jp11055567_1566461396950616_571359058_n.jp
and you cried beautifully too expressing different levels of emotions - the happy cry, the sad cry, the grateful cry, the hopeless cry etc...10727317_655236581272565_402856311_n.jpg11055552_616012378529197_1032865599_n.jp11032924_417875488390702_1125258156_n.jp11098272_1068058769887261_645541337_n.jpCr: phantom_juni

Ok, I have to ask a question:  The three children at the end in the Kings' room...who do they belong to?

At first I thought that it would be his kids with the power hungry wife, but then I thought, could he have finally agreed to sleep with her to continue the family line?????

Guest dawnshine

islegirl said: Ok, I have to ask a question:  The three children at the end in the Kings' room...who do they belong to?

At first I thought that it would be his kids with the power hungry wife, but then I thought, could he have finally agreed to sleep with her to continue the family line?????

Guest leiko1234

The conclusion of this drama   reminds me of the ending  of "Jumong" in which So -Seo- No left to  found another country.    Without So- Seo -No's  love and financial  help, Jumong would never be able to found the ancient Kingdom of Goguryeo.

our Shin-yool,
So-Seo-No was also  a leader of the Merchant Group who gave everything to support Jumong..

Both women are king-makers, and both sacrifice themselves so that their heroes  could achieve bigger things in life.

Guest dawnshine

I wish I could read the books for myself.   That's too bad,  everyone who invested so much time in this drama would love to see them together.  I hate the thought of that Ice Queen  monopolize Wang So.  She seemed to be the only one who achieved personal dream.
@leiko1234 - Was this part of the PD's plan? To give us an unsatisfying ending in the drama so we all could turn to the novel? ;)) We'll see if the novel will be translated to English at least since it's been drawing attentions and SOGC did attract many international viewers. I think the icy Queen YW although she accomplished her goal as Queen, she didn't win any love from WangSo and she lost her love - SeWon. And she probably didn't win as much admiration from the viewers as the OTP. ShinYool and WangSo even though they didn't get to be together when they were alive, at least their sacrifice of their personal gain brought benefit to others. This is something I have to console myself with. But I still think there are options for the two, which would allow them to accomplish their ambitious goals of serving others without compromising their being together. They might not be husband-and-wife, although seriously I don't think this would be a problem either. They might not remain as lovers. But they could always be good brothers to give each other moral support and strength. She really didn't have to leave him.  :((