[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest reiran18

cascade7 said: GREAT NEWS FOR US ROOMMATE FANS!!!!!
According to Osen (news site) http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109986105
episode 4 pulled in a 8.2% (an increase of 2.7% in one week!)

The article called the show the 'ugly duckling'! with the cast change though, it's more like a change in the shows very DNA rather than appearance

*WHEEEE!!! *throws confetti in celebration!

hopefully it keep though, cause it might have been the guests that pulled in the extra ratings and not the cast themselves...

DISCLAIMER: aw, man, it seems that 'superman returns' may not have aired that day so that explains the spike in the shows rating. still, at least more people watched it

Wow! That's the highest rating for Roommate so far :D 
Let's keep the momentum. Even if they tuned in for the guests (and because Superman wasn't aired), I hope they watch future episodes for the cast and the fun.
@cascade7 Apparently, K-netz bashed Jackson for not knowing Yoona. I swear to you, it's the stupidest, littlest things that get them worked up. Really, K-netz? Please get outside your bubble for once and realise not everybody knows Yoona. Or maybe Jackson is just bad with faces/names. At least he confirmed it first instead of saying the wrong name to her face.

Guest adikkeluangman

When does Chaeyeon think she'll be getting married?
chaeyeon_1413745408_af_org.jpg

'Roommate' viewers this week were happy to see Chaeyeon after a lengthy variety absence!
Catching up with her friend Otani Ryohei, she expressed her worries about her love life now that she was getting up in her years.
"Shouldn't you be thinking about marriage?" Otani asked her. She shook her head glumly, saying, "It's too late for me."
"Are you giving up?" Otani asked. Chaeyeon shook her head again, saying that she still had some faith. "That's not it. Getting married is something I should do."
We hope she finds someone soon!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/when-does-chaeyeon-think-shell-be-getting-married
-----YoonA pays a surprise visit to the 'Roommate' house

Girls' Generation's Sunny brought her groupmate and friend YoonA to visit the 'Roommate' house in the latest episode!
"It's a bit like our dorm," YoonA remarked as she entered through the front door.
The reactions from the cast members were as could be expected. "It's too awkward. Can you leave?" Jo Se Ho joked. Jackson, meanwhile, could only let loose an "Oh my God!" before quickly grabbing Sunny in embarrassment!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/yoona-pays-a-surprise-visit-to-the-roommate-house
Not watching yet, Chae Yeon is so likeable and shipable with any male. New ship, OtanixCY. She can speak good Japanese because she debut in Japan first before.
-----GOT7′s Jackson Gets Surprised At the Sight of Girls’ Generation’s YoonA on “Roommate 2″
B0Tf8BZCEAEIRhH.jpg

On “Roommate 2″ so far, we’ve learned that GOT7′s Jackson react differently to different girls: he gets scared of girls like Nana and gets too shy with girls he like such as his ideal girl Song Ga Yeon.  But how did he react when he saw Girls’ Generation’s YoonA?
On the October 19 broadcast of the SBS variety show “Roommate 2,” Girls’ Generation member YoonA came to visit her group mate Sunny at the share house.
As courtesy to all the roommates, YoonA greeted everyone with a bright smile. Everyone was so happy to see YoonA and greeted her warmly.
When GOT7′s Jackson went to the living room from the kitchen, he immediately greeted and bowed his head but when he held his head up and finally saw who their guest was, he got so surprised that he immediately screamed, “Oh my God!,” and elicited laughter among the roommates.
20141019180130_54437dea72e61_1.jpg

After Jackson gained his composure, he was able to talk to YoonA and said, “YoonA sunbae-nim, you’re really tall.”
Sunny then jokingly told Jackson, “Hey, Jackson! Do you want to make me sad?,” and pretended she was jealous, once again making everyone laugh.
Oh, Jackson. ㅋㅋㅋ
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/19/got7s-jackson-gets-surprised-at-the-sight-of-girls-generations-yoona-on-roommate-2/

Guest adikkeluangman

“Roommate” Bae Jong Ok Reveals Her Popularity 20 Years Ago
B0VZzeUCcAAJTnH.jpg

Veteran actress Bae Jong Ok revealed how much money she made by shooting commercials during her youth, on the latest episode of SBS variety program “Roommate.”
The latest episode took the roommates back in time, as stars Danny Ahn and Chaeyeon visited the house.
When Bae Jong Ok was asked how much money she made by filming commercials 20 years ago, she revealed, “For a one-year contract, I was paid more than 100 million won (approximately 100,000 USD),” surprising her roommates.
bae-jong-ok-roommate.jpg

When Jo Se Ho jokingly commented, “Then you don’t have to work so hard,” she added, “You’ll know eventually, but throughout life, there are moments when you make money and there are times when you don’t. Sometimes you have to use the money you earned, too. So you have to keep on working.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/19/roommate-bae-jong-ok-reveals-her-popularity-20-years-ago/
-----YoonA Thanks Bae Jong Ok for Teaching Her a Lot While Acting Together
B0VidzMCYAAfrGE.png

On this week’s broadcast of SBS’ variety program “Roommate,” which aired on October 19, YoonA of Girls’ Generation made a visit to the cast members’ home to join their housewarming gathering and to show support for fellow group member Sunny.
During the episode, YoonA expressed her thankful heart toward actress Bae Jong Ok for teaching her a lot during the time they worked together in the MBC drama “Park Jung Geum, Heavenly Beauty,” in which YoonA made a cameo.
While Bae Jong Ok was in the kitchen cooking a meal for the guests, YoonA approached her, starting a conversation by saying, “I couldn’t just sit while you’re working hard to cook…and we only greeted each other shortly. Have you been well?”
As the two continued to exchange words, YoonA recalled the time when she acted alongside Bae Jong Ok and shared, “You really taught me a lot at the time. Thank you.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/19/yoona-thanks-bae-jong-ok-for-teaching-her-a-lot-while-acting-together/
-----GOT7’s Jackson Plans a Surprise Event for Lee Gook Joo on “Roommate”
B0W2H7PCEAEYVrd.png

On the latest episode of SBS’s reality show, “Roommate,” GOT7’s Jackson surprised fellow housemate Lee Gook Joo with new bed covers. On the last episode, Jackson was seen buying a pink princess bed cover set for Lee Gook Joo. On this week’s episode, the idol could be seen personally changing her bed covers while she was out on a schedule.
1019-roommate-still-1.jpg

After he changed her covers into the new ones, he also put his shirt over her doll that she had brought from home. This would be her own “personal Jackson.” When she came back from work, Lee Gook Joo got busy enjoying the fried lotus roots that Bae Jong Ok had made for their guests. As she busily started to eat, Jackson said, “I can’t wait any longer. I have to show you now,” and grabbed her hands. Lee Gook Joo tried to pull her hands out since they were oily but he showed his macho side by saying, “Forget it. It’s okay.”
1019-roommate-still-2.jpg

As she arrived in her room while holding Jackson’s hand, she was surprised by the new covers on her bed.  She was deeply touched by Jackson’s sincerity as he personally picked it out and bought it himself. She was even slightly taken aback by her doll, which at the time had been wearing Jackson’s shirt.
Jackson was proud of himself for making his nuna happy. He said, “Everyone else’s covers were pretty while nuna’s covers were just plain white.”
How sweet of Jackson! What do you guys think of his choice in bed cover?
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/19/got7s-jackson-plans-a-surprise-event-for-lee-gook-joo-on-roommate/

@cascade7 I think mostly because he called her without any title. I dunno, I just love it :>Huh! I'm willing to bet that the upvoters didn't even watch that part (or the show). Someone summed it up right:

LOL people are like 'How can Jackson not know Yoona?' The boy was too busy winning medals and doing flips. He ain't bam bam, the snsd fanboy

— キアラ (@kiwichan08)

October 19, 2014

Guest cascade7

hmm... probably  cause LDW had filming and wasn't around for the farm and the guest visitors, same with minwoo i think. both of them, even kangjoon, are involved in acting. it's just timing etc. :)

Guest cascade7

ROOMMATE IS MOVING TIMESLOT! YAY!!!!! 
WHICH MEANS
IT'S NOT CANCELLED!http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201410210100246950015568&servicedate=20141020

Seems it'll be moving to Wednesday nights but i'm not sure effective when.... I'm guessing when KPopStar starts...
*sets off Firecrackers!!!!
I'm reducing the font in this cause it might not be true after all. 김/도/연 ‏@shmesm  7m7 minutes ago

SBS says the roommate thing is not true

oh well, hope for the best :(

@cascade7‌ : Reallyyyyy that's greaat :D:) :x Celebration time !! But when it is moving ? I still don't get it when will the show end ? Wikipedia says it's to be followed by ' good sunday '

I don't even get it !!! Is good sunday a mash up of both Roommate & Running man ??? And it has already started since ages , it has already reached 500 episode or something

Woaah I am totally lost !! T.T

Also does roommate takes 2 days to get subbed unlike the dramas ? U know if a drama airs on monday its subbed version is out on tuesday morning ?

Guest cascade7

@tara97 Yeap! it's time to celebrate! :D the cast BETTER be the same! i'm not certain but probably at the end of November cause that's when KPopStar starts. Good Sunday is a long 3 to 4 hour time slot that SBS dubs as 'good sunday' so it usually consists of two programmes. For a while now, it's been Roommate and RunningMan. RunningMan is a great show! i enjoy it tremendously though my interest in it has been waning recently. I think it's just a change in format etc. you should check it out if you're interested. it's format is really different. RunningMan is actually not as long as 1N2D. Other broadcast stations air their most popular shows during that time as well. that's where the rivalry between the three stations is at its peak. 
I'm not sure who subs them, i think dramafever. i guess maybe cause dramas are shorter? Running Man and Roommate are both roughly one and a half hours long while dramas are roughly an hour. I'm not sure, just guessing really. :) but Roommate can actually be enjoyed without subs! my korean is next to nothing but there's so much comedy in roommate that i can actually guess what's going on and laugh!

@cascade7 : oooh okay thanks alot chingu :D ^^

yaah of course I know Rm , it's my first korean variety show , I really like it alot ♡ ♡

I agree , variety shows espicially roommate can be watched without subs ^_^ it's just I wanted to check it , I was talking about any website

Thanks for ur fast reply :)

Guest cascade7

sorry for the false alarm everyone. a source on twitter says that SBS denied the roommate time shift and that it's too early to decide anything right now.
if that were true, i have no idea where Sports Chosun got the idea from. darn.... 

Guest cascade7

subs are out on some sites
http://www.dramacool.com/roommate-season-2--episode-4.html
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4484/24/roommate/

i'm waiting for gooddrama.com though.... 
AND it's out!!!
http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/roommate-season-2-episode-4

yay entertainment for the next hour or so!

Guest cascade7

found this piece of news. not EXACTLY roommate related but still fun to look at the comments! (especially with the negativity on other threads recently)
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/10/henry-takes-couple-selcas-with-gagwoman.html

Henry takes couple selcas with gagwoman Lee Guk Joo20141020_1413792019_28710500_1_99_201410
20141020_1413792036_89764400_1_99_201410

the comments are the ones relevant to Roommate! 
Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+327, -7] Jackson's going to be sad, Gubjju nunaa~~~~ ㅜ_ㅜ

2. [+217, -26] Are they dating for real or is it some promo?

3. [+91, -8] He means a female friend, right?

4. [+24, -0] It could be true but nobody believes it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+11, -1] Obviously promoting their new show...

6. [+10, -6] As if they'd be really dating unless Henry had a bullet in his head. 

7. [+10, -0] Are they on a new show together?

8. [+9, -1] Seeing Lee Guk Joo on 'Roommate' makes me want a friend like her. She's funny but sincere and not too serious. You can tell she had a great upbringing and puts others before herself. I'm jealous of anyone who has her as a friend...

-

Source: Naver

1. [+6,865, -97] Guk Joo-ya, Jackson's going to be jealous ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+5,185, -370] When did Lee Guk Joo get so pretty?

3. [+4,558, -270] She's getting prettier by the day

4. [+4,006, -80] Jackson's going to be jealous ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+3,434, -110] Do well, Henry and Lee Guk Joo ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

6. [+1,013, -13] He announced her as his girlfriend and no one cared

7. [+1,003, -9] He's calling her his girlfriend and nobody believes it. Sad and funny at the same time.

8. [+897, -12] He's calling her his girlfriend!!! Why is nobody believing it!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+569, -55] It'd be funny if they added Henry and Jackson to 'Roommate' instead of Seo Kang Jun

10. [+513, -66] I wonder what Lee Guk Joo would look like with lost weight. I think she'd be really pretty.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________guess more people know about roommate than we thought

Jackson was mentioned on Love Game Radio

Park So-Hyun's Love Game Radio mentioning Jackson 

GukJoo said Jackson is very cheerful and very honest and very good at Martial art tricking..
But Park So-Hyun said that Mark might be better at MAT while Jackson is better at fencing

GukJoo said: because now we live together (in Roommate) as a family, so Jackson is BETTER! Jackson is very good, very honest and funny! (both on-the-scene and behind-the-scene) not only in broadcasting time ~

cre: BranNewYucci
Engtrans by @JFlawless1994
Vtrans by #Wangswarrior

can't help but GRIN!

Guest pukkumukku_1a33

hi. uhm. does anyone knows whats the song playing in the background while sunny and ryohei are picking lotus leaves in the latest episode of roommate?
thank you very much in advance. 

Guest adikkeluangman

'Roommate' Chae Yeon mentions about her marriage
20141019194724_544396bb7db6c_1.jpg

Chae Yeon mentioned about her marriage on 'Roommate.'
On October 19th, Chae Yeon made a surprise appearance on channel SBS' 'Roommate' by Otani Ryohei's invitation.
While other members were having dinner, Otani Ryohei and Chae Yeon had a conversation, and Otani Ryohei said, "Should you not be getting married soon?"
Chae Yeon said, "It's too late," and Otani Ryohei asked, "Did you give up?" Then, Chae Yeon said, "No, I did not give up. I should be getting married."
Meanwhile, this week's 'Roommate' showed the members visiting a lotus root farm.
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=333927
About the time change slot. Roommate should stay at this current time and Kpop Star change at night. It will benefit both show.

Archived