[Movie 2015] Meet the In-Laws 2 위험한 상견례 2

Go Seung Ji

Looks like they won't even make half of one million viewers, or only make it with great difficulty. It's sad that even a 19+ rated movie released on the same day has made like 3 times the viewers, I guess Korean viewers did not find this movie so much to their taste :/

@RoseM, you mean the actors don't get paid for their work if the film does not make 1 million admissions? Don't they get a salary for being in the film, I thought it's the production company that has to lose money if a film flops, not the actors.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@matchacake lol yeah that's what I meant, the production company, but I feel. Bad for Hong Jong Hyun and Jin se yeon because I really wanted this movie to reach their goal of 3 million views :/, i

The  Movie Is only opened to about 400+ Cinemas while Chinatown is about 500+ so I think that's part of the problem why the veiws are low 

@matchacake lol yeah that's what I meant, the production company, but I feel. Bad for Hong Jong Hyun and Jin se yeon because I really wanted this movie to reach their goal of 3 million views :/, i

The  Movie Is only opened to about 400+ Cinemas while Chinatown is about 500+ so I think that's part of the problem why the veiws are low 

​They decide number of theaters/screens by seeing the demand though.....if Chinatown had more screens than MTIL2 even when it was a 19+ rated movie then that was because domestic viewers made the choice. If a movie's word of mouth is good or it's positively then it can spreads to more theatres but it looks like that did not happen here. I guess theatre owners have to sell tickets for a living too.

Also, what is that picture from Naver with the graph?

i'm not familiar with how movie works in terms of return investment but I think the actors have been paid through the contract they signed prior to filming. maybe the turn out of the movie will be the production's problem and I think this is where cases of staffs and crews never get their entire fees if the movie did not pay off. yeah, bit sad if the movie will not do well and not reach the target viewers for both HJH and JSY. This is HJH's first lead in a movie. Anyway, he is considered a rookie still and as for JSY, haven't known if she did a lead character in a movie before. I watched her in drama and she is a good actress and has a charming side.

I know TWENTY did great, but because there are at least 3 popular actors in it and the theme is adolescense but personallycoz I have watched it there is nothing exemplary in the story other than it is what reality for most growing boys. maybe movie goers particularly young adults like that genre.will be looking forward to this movie though of HJH and JSY

Guest rant567

hi guys. I've been Hong Jong Hyun's fan since I watched him in KBS drama special and we got married. I've been following the discussion about this movie since page one.

I saw the admission record till today and I read that they managed to pull off around $3 million dollars. does that mean that it is already at the break event? somebody said earlier at this page that the screening will be cut short if it does not attract 1 million viewers. Is that true? I thought that the movie will be screened until the end of this month?

hi guys. I've been Hong Jong Hyun's fan since I watched him in KBS drama special and we got married. I've been following the discussion about this movie since page one.

I saw the admission record till today and I read that they managed to pull off around $3 million dollars. does that mean that it is already at the break event? somebody said earlier at this page that the screening will be cut short if it does not attract 1 million viewers. Is that true? I thought that the movie will be screened until the end of this month?

​I don't think they are at the break even point, which means the point at which the production company recovers the amount they invested in the film and starts to make a profit. The total budget was around $2 million and the film has grossed $3 million but all that money does not go to the filmmakers. That's because that $2 million does not include publicity costs, and that has to be recovered too. And very importantly, the theatre owners showing the film also have to be paid so they take a big part of the gross. It doesn't all go to the filmmakers.

Guest rant567

​I don't think they are at the break even point, which means the point at which the production company recovers the amount they invested in the film and starts to make a profit. The total budget was around $2 million and the film has grossed $3 million but all that money does not go to the filmmakers. That's because that $2 million does not include publicity costs, and that has to be recovered too. And very importantly, the theatre owners showing the film also have to be paid so they take a big part of the gross. It doesn't all go to the filmmakers.

​Oh, thank you. I see. I am  really clueless on how this thing works. So they need to sell millions of tickets to break even? Are they going to keep it in the theater for the rest of the month, then? (sorry for asking too much)

I hope it will be able to attract more viewers but it seems like it is getting harder with new movies keep on getting released.

• 2 months later...

Hi, guys! I was saddened to know that the movie isn't doing so well. My heart goes to Se Yeon, and of course, to every actors/actresses in this movie. If only I was in South Korea, I would have gone to watch this. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm glad they at least made it to a million in budget. I pray it'll be appreciated more. And hope to see more official photos of the movie soon. :)

Please keep posting new photos if you have. :)

Archived