[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

Daily K Pop News | Latest K-Pop News
class="post-title entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 23px; font-family: Bitter, Georgia, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 29px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; font-stretch: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"'Pinocchio' unveils character still cuts of Lee Jong Suk, Park Shin Hye, Lee Yoo Bi, Kim Young Kwang
SBS's upcoming drama 'Pinocchio' has released official character still cuts of the main cast.

Lee Jong Suk will play as Choi Dal Po who is a taxi driver and later turns into a social affairs reporter thanks to his hidden talents. He lost his parents in a tragic accident and has lived his life by erasing all of his past since then. He has a handsome look but it get covered by his ugly hairstyle and fashion.

Park Shin Hye will take the role of Choi In Na who suffers from Pinocchio syndrome which makes her hiccup whenever she tell lies. She also doesn't know how to hide her feelings in front of the person she likes.

Kim Young Kwang will play as Seo Bum Jo who is a reporters with both look and wealth, a perfect man that capture all the women' hearts while Lee Yoo Bi will portrait Yoon Yoo Rae as high-spirit reporter who used to be an idol sasaeng fan.

'Pinocchio' will follow 'My Lovely Girl' and broadcast on November 12th.
www.dkpopnews.net/2014/10/pinocchio-unveils-character-still-cuts.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter  

class="at_ttl" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 35px; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; list-style: none; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both;"SBS Releases The First Trailer For ‘Pinocchio’ Starring Lee Jong Suk & Park Shin Hye

BY Adrienne Stanley | Oct 27, 2014 02:50 PM EDT

Embedded image permalink 

The first trailer for “Pinocchio,” starring Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye, was released on October 27. Fans are anticipating the chemistry between Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye, who are pictured together, in the twenty-five second trailer.

The trailer features Lee Jong Suk as Choi Dal Po, a character who was hilariously referred to as “all-zero” by his high school classmates in honor of his lackluster grades.

Park Shin Hye makes her return to K-Drama as Choi In Ha, a character who cannot lie due to so-called “Pinocchio Syndrome” which forces her to hiccup anytime she attempts to lie.

“Pinocchio” focuses on rookie reporters in the high-stakes environment of broadcast journalism, with the reporters steadfasting seeking to uncover the truth for news.

Park Shin Hye has starred in numerous successful dramas including the 2009 hit “You’re Beautiful.” She acted opposite Lee Min Ho in the popular 2013 teen drama “The Heirs.”

Lee Jong Suk first captured the attention of K-Drama fans as Han Tae Sun in the 2010 supernatural hit “Secret Garden.” In 2012, he starred opposite Kim Woo Bin, Jang Nara, and Choi Daniel in the drama “School 2013.” He then won over the hearts of viewers with his emotional portrayal of highschooler Park Soo Ha in the 2013 hit drama “I Can Hear Your Voice.”

The director of “Pinocchio” Jo Soo Won and the screenwriter Park Hye Ryun previously worked together on “I Can Hear Your Voice.” Jo Soo Won was awarded the Korean Drama Award for Best Production Director for “I Can Hear Your Voice” and was nominated for a Baeksang Arts Award for Best Director TV for the program.

Lee Jong Suk won numerous awards for “I Can Hear Your Voice” including Excellent Award-Actor for the Korean Drama Awards. He most recently starred as Park Hoon, a North Korean physician turned defector, in the 2014 SBS drama “Doctor Stranger.”

Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye will hit the small screen for “Pinocchio” starting November 12. “Pinocchio” will air on SBS on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the 9:55 KST time slot currently occupied by “My Lovely Girl.”

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/48043/20141027/sbs-releases-the-first-trailer-for-pinocchio-starring-lee-jong-suk-park-shin-hye.htm 

The drama only showed single teaser without anything to say, a few photos, haven't notice the photo where they are together in heavenly feathers lying down (gosh too sweet), character description, I remember IHYV days, I'm telling that the stills are so stupid I want to puke and the love line is amazingly abnormal. I am overwhelmed by the reaction of our few fellow fans in Dramabeans, they judge the drama according to the Hair and people there do not have any idea about the story, if they read the character description there is a reason why the hair is done as messy as that.... I hope it will be good and Park Hye Run please do your best... I support you so much, this is the end of the year drama and we all know how good you are, remember Dream High and especially IHYV those dramas are unexpectedly good.. but I'm predicting A BREAKOUT 20% rating... I'm so sure!!!

@sleepykid, you're funny... I think everyone has labeled his hair... 'THE HAIR'... I've seen it capitalized, and to me as an english teacher, this is too funny.  They don't discribe his clothes, flawless skin, etc... it's simply 'The Hair'.  I do like PSH new look.  I really hope that she can step up to the snappy reporter that has been described.  The Writer-nim has really really made a point of writing strong female characters.  Suzy played one in DH, and LBY did in IHYV.  I hope PSH can do the same in Pinocchio!  So, here's to the lot of them!  AJA AJA!!!
We're counting down the days.  Although I do enjoy My Lovely Girl... my biggest anticipation is for this 'MELODRAMA'.... I'm still hoping it isn't completely melo.... melo themes are fine, but please please please let's not make the whole thing melo.... that just turns my stomach........

darcydevenus said: @sleepykid, you're funny... I think everyone has labeled his hair... 'THE HAIR'... I've seen it capitalized, and to me as an english teacher, this is too funny.  They don't discribe his clothes, flawless skin, etc... it's simply 'The Hair'.  I do like PSH new look.  I really hope that she step up to the snappy reporter that has been described.  The Writer-nim has really really made a point of writing strong female characters.  Suzy played one in DH, and LBY did in IHYV.  I hope PSH can do the same in Pinocchio!  So, here's to the lot of them!  AJA AJA!!!
We're counting down the days.  Although I do enjoy My Lovely Girl... my biggest anticipation is for this 'MELODRAMA'.... I'm still hoping it isn't completely melo.... melo themes are fine, but please please please let's not make the whole thing melo.... that just turns my stomach........

Rania Zeid

said:

BTS Pinochio 

cr:쵸파

[141026 FA cr. Naver blog uploader]

Park shinhye Lee Jongsuk Notice for assistance in Drama Filming: Our apartment is located among the beautiful apartments along Hangang River, received request for assistance from SBS Broadcasting. After approval through residents committee, filming will take place with following conditions, any inconvenience caused is much regretted. Filming period: 27 Oct 2014 to Jan 2015 (3 to 4 times per month) 

Original chinese translation - rainlv

小窝:#朴信惠# #李钟硕# 电视剧拍摄协助公告:我们公寓在汉江边美丽的公寓之中,收到了SBS放送局拍摄协助的请求。经居民代表会议允许对以下项目条件的拍摄,给大家带来不便之处请谅解和协助。拍摄时间:14年10月27日-15年1月(月3-4回)[偷笑]

Trans By: Jinjja Wintercherub  

__________________________________________________________-

Are they goin to live together  in the drama????? :D

hahaaaahah told yaaa :-j 

Copied from @nevrmind's post in PSH Thread :
http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programSubCharacter.do?pgm_id=22000005161&pgm_build_id=6601&pgm_mnu_id=23915

My rough translation of Character Introduction for Pinocchio
Actor Lee Pilmo will play Hwang Gyodong role. 
http://people.search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&query=%EC%9D%B4%ED%95%84%EB%AA%A8&sm=tab_etc&ie=utf8&key=PeopleService&os=119578

YGN News Station
Hwang Gyodong
A YGN social affairs department's captain reporter of Seoul City Police Department team. 
He's always with stiff look and it's said no one saw him smiling ever since he joined YGN.He rarely expresses emotions to others and is not good at showing emotions.He speak straight to his senior without hesitation, and is also very strict to his subordinates, so he's not that popular among seniors or subordinates. However, he's a real reporter who lives with a motto of 'Truth changes the world'.
Been to all-boys middle school & high school, majored engineering in college, and being the 1st son among 6 male siblings, he severely lacks knowledge on romantic relationship with women. Thus, he's still a single bachelor, who's never been in a relationship, at the age of almost 40. 
CR: @nevrmind 

'Pinocchio' Character Profile - Part 3

Source: SBS

===YGN News Station===

Hwang Gyodong - Lee Pil Mo

He is known as the ‘City Cop Captain’ at YGN, meaning that he can go in and out of the police station whenever he wants. No one has ever seen him smile since he entered the company.

He’s not used to expressing his feelings to others. He speaks his mind towards his boss and is always strict to his juniors, therefore there is hardly a person who likes him in the company. However, holding tight the belief that ‘truth has the power to change the world’, he is a natural-born reporter.’

The eldest of six sons, he went to an all boy’s high school for all six years then graduated from a science and tech university. Having lived his life among men, he is severely lacking in knowledge about women and dating. Therefore, he is still ‘solo from birth’, even as he approaches the age of 40.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Jang Hyun-gyu - ?

YGN’s ‘iljin reporter’. Famous for his impeccable strictness, everyone avoids him at all costs. Easily infuriated and moody; only backs down when the other side is even stronger than him.

Takes a dislike towards Gyodong, who he believes is too rigid. Likes to use methods to trip up people, and he is nicknamed “Jang Ddanji” (‘jang ddanji’ refers to the calf part of the leg, which wrestlers would use to trip up people in matches). However, he agrees with Gyodong on the meaning of ‘what is news’.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lee Yongtak - ?

The leader of YGN’s broadcast department, also an announcer.

Personality is calm and never goes into a flying rage.  Always wearing an impenetrable smile on his face, but reveals his unparalleled decisive power in times of crisis. He understands that for a reporter, his words is his power. Therefore he always exercises this power with discretion.

As an announcer, his appearance is priority at all times. Always carries spray moisterizer, oil film and chapstick.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Jo Won-gu - ?

The leader of YGN’s social issues department.

Likes sports and girl groups, his taste is on trends all the time. His belief is that although news have to be fair, it should also have impact; therefore he keeps an eye on audience ratings.

Caught between the broadcast department and City Cop Captain (who both value truth over ratings), he is worried about YGN’s future.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Im Chae Hwan - ?

A photographer at YGN.

She is the rare female photographer, possessing an unparalleled physical and mental ability for grabbing shots, determined not to lose to any other reporters out there. Therefore, she has gained the reputation of being able to handle any situation and take responsibility for a good shot, no matter the situation. 

Her cool image and hot personality has caused her male hoobaes to refer to her as ‘hyung’. She doesn’t ignore this, but treats it as a compliment. Whenever she hears the words ‘women should be…’, she gets agitated.

(T/N: OMG I LOVE HER)

By hitoritabi  

class="entry-title single-title" style="margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; font-family: Oswald, Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; font-size: 50px; line-height: 60px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; background-image: url( section-header.png); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px 50%; background-repeat: repeat-x;"LEE JONG SEOK IS QUIZZED IN LATEST “PINOCCHIO” STILLS

41.jpg

Pinocchio has released these familiar stills of Lee Jong Seok competing against another participant on a quiz show. A glimpse of this scene has been shown in the drama’s first teaser.

Veteran host Im Seong Hun makes a cameo as a quiz program’s presenter who pitches questions to Jong Seok’s Choi Dal Po. (Apparently, Pinocchio‘s writer Park Hye Ryeon had been a writer on a show that Seong Hun had hosted.)

So, how does Choi end up being a contestant? And how does he go from that to becoming a young reporter in the cutthroat world of journalism?

1_zpsee942199.jpg~original

3_zpsaa777d90.jpg~original

2_zps6db232be.jpg~original

http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/10/29/lee-jong-seok-is-quizzed-in-latest-pinocchio-stills/