[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

I personally don't mind whether PSH and LJS end up together in real life or not. All I care about is that when they are on-screen, I buy the chemistry. I think PSH and LJS have great chemistry and when I see them on screen, they make me forget they're just actors and I actually just see them as Dal Po and In Ha. I think that says more about them as actors and it also says a lot about the director and the casting.

mouse007 said: I personally don't mind whether PSH and LJS end up together in real life or not. All I care about is that when they are on-screen, I buy the chemistry. I think PSH and LJS have great chemistry and when I see them on screen, they make me forget they're just actors and I actually just see them as Dal Po and In Ha. I think that says more about them as actors and it also says a lot about the director and the casting.

I am sad Jin Kyung is having an ice-cold role in Pinocchio as In-Ha's mom, Song Cha-Ok. Jin Kyung played one of my favorite characters in the recently concluded drama, "It's Okay, It's Love." She was the head of the psychiatric clinic and she was so competent. I love her because she was so straightforward (not lying like in this show) and admitted all her feelings toward her ex-husband. Of course, everyone in that show was crazy. But I have a hard time adjusting to this drama when Jin Kyung is so cold. But I bet she will become a good mom for In-Ha in later episodes, I can see that in the character's development. She is cold now but will wake up later on. At least she initiated a talk with In-Ha's father before she recruited In-Ha.

mouse007 said: moodypie said: mouse007 said: We can see from the previous episodes that Dal Po has been having a hard time suppressing his feelings for In Ha. I think we can see how deeply he cares for her but because of family obligations, he thought it would be best to keep his feelings to himself. Remember when In Ha confessed her feelings to Dal Po on the roof top? Dal Po asked her what they would do if after she's tried everything and she can't fold her feelings. To me, it shows that Dal Po can't fold his feelings for her no matter how hard he tries. 
Because of In Ha's Pinocchio syndrome, she has to be upfront with how she feels. Dal Po, on the other hand, has a choice. He can choose to tell her how he truly feels or he can hide it. I love that in the latter episodes, Dal Po has been slowly showing In Ha how he truly feels - from the way he took care of her when she got sick, then the back hug and now the kiss. I really love the noodle house and kiss scenes. I love the noodle house scene because Dal Po knows In Ha well enough to know when something is bothering her but he also knows not to force her into saying or talking about things she doesn't want to talk about. In a way, Dal Po understands how difficult it is for In Ha to be forced discuss things when she doesn't want to because of her Pinocchio syndrome. I also like the egg-swapping because despite everything that's happened, they still share that special closeness and familiarity with each other. I also like that Dal Po finally admitted to In Ha that it was his GPS that he was referring to all this time.
The kiss was the best scene for me because to me, it's Dal Po's confession. He didn't have to tell In Ha how he feels because he showed her. What made this scene so special to me was the way their eyes communicated how they both felt. When In Ha tried to come up with an excuse for her hiccups, Dal Po only looked at her without saying anything and she knew he didn't buy it. Then when Dal Po leaned in to kiss her, she instinctively put up her hand out of shock and also as if to say, "should we?". And Dal Po going in to kiss her palm was his way of saying, "I'm going for it anyway because it's too late to turn back". The look of surprise in In Ha's eyes showed that she did not expect him to return her feelings. But her removing her palm showed that she was accepting him. Notice the way Dal Po looked at In Ha's eyes after the palm kiss and when she removed her hand, he looked at her intently to try and figure out what she was feeling. He smiled slightly when he understood that she was accepting his feelings and so he leaned again for another kiss. I think the way they looked at each other conveyed what they were thinking and feeling. I love that there weren't a lot of words to drown out the meaning of that kiss.
I like the way things are going so far and I hope we see more of Dal Po and In Ha!

Added episode 7 captures for the Korean drama 'Pinocchio'

2014 /12/05

Source:hancinema

photo534867.jpg

Added episode 7 captures for the Korean drama "Pinocchio" (2014)

Directed by Jo Soo-won, Sin Seung-woo

Written by Park Hye-ryeon

Network : SBS

With Lee Jong-suk, Park Shin-hye, Kim Yeong-kwang, Lee Yoo-bi, Lee Pil-mo, Kang Shin-il,...

Wed, Thu 22:00
Synopsis
A green drama of reporters who chase after truth and those who spend 24 hours with them while sharing the war together.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2014/11/12

photo534866.jpg

More

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor.../hancinema

i like this drama. not dragging and psh's acting has improved alot. ljs seems great too. more power to this drama. ill keep supporting it till the end. fighting!!! 

I'm really curious to find out how the writers develop the story. I feel like there's a lot to be said about the drama so far. We have Song Cha Ok who is a ruthless, ambitious reporter who will bend and exaggerate the truth to get a better story. And what happened to Dal Po's family shows how Song Cha Ok's actions (and the other reporters too) had an effect on other people's lives. It goes to show that what the media portrays, everyone else readily believes and it has the capacity to affect people's lives in a drastic way. 
And then we have Gi Jae Myung and Gi Ha Myung (aka Dal Po) who both go through the exact same tragedy and experience the same pain and anger but make very different choices. When Dal Po meets his hyung for the first time, we hear him say "I'm afraid hyung has made a choice he shouldn't have made". Although Dal Po knows the pain and anger his hyung feels, he doesn't agree with the course of action his hyung is taking. We can see a difference in how Dal Po handles his pain. First, he tried to completely avoid any entanglements with reporters. And when he met Song Cha Ok coincidentally, Song Cha Ok made him realize he doesn't know the first thing about who he considers his enemy (reporters). So Dal Po vows to learn what it is like to be a reporter by becoming one. 
Then we have In Ha who also has a desire to be a reporter but unlike her mother, she is honest and good. Yes, she is forced to be honest because of her Pinocchio syndrome but the fact that she hiccups even though she isn't lying (like when she is watching those people potentially slip from the ice), tells me that anything she doesn't think is right, bothers her. So really, it's not just her syndrome that forces her to be good. She is intrinsically good. I think this is why Dal Po fell in-love with her. Initially, he hated her for being Song Cha Ok's daughter. But as they grew up, I think he's realized that she isn't anything like her Song Cha Ok.
There's already a lot going on and it's only been 8 episodes. It would be interesting to see how each character grows and the lessons they learn along the way. 

Hello chingus I'm back \m/

Omo ep 8... This drama well be the death of me. It is seriously so good. The pacing is incredible and conflicts and truths aren't unnecessarily dragged out, but rather, they are quickly revealed and then surprise you with the plot twists. I really can't predict what well happen next, and the events that unfolded in ep 8 took me in complete shock :-&

When In Ha asks Dalpo if they can go back to the time when they were just in a comfortable Niece-Uncle relationship, and he says no, I wonder if it could be interpreted that he says no because of them being on opposite News stations, being rivals, her mother playing a big part in his family's tragedy, etc. Obviously that wasn't the case, as he meant that he wants their relationship to be taken to the next step, but... It was just as thought :P

The kiss scene was perfect. Unfortunately I already saw it coming cause on the ep7 Pinocchio review on Dramabeans, a comment talked about the kiss in ep 8. And then I closed it and opened my Facebook and the first thing I see is Dal-In's kissing thanks to Pinocchio' FB page. Damm spoilers :((

But it didn't ruin the moment for me. In Ha hiccup in that she was ok with being in a comfortable Niece-Uncle relationship was the sealer for him to go and kiss her. I loved how she covered her mouth with her hand and he kissed it. And the real kiss suited the moment so well, in a very romantic setting Yoo. Credit to the directing and editing spot on.

I'm assuming the forum went into overdrive during the the kiss :)) I can't imagine the spazzing haha

I am curious as to what they did after the kiss. Did they just leave and go back to the station? Did he tell her how long he has liked her for?

Even after the kiss, I've seen disappointing comments regarding PSH. Judging from the comments online, some people are surprised that PSH could kiss so well. Her roles didn't allow for passionate or non-deer-in-the-headlights kisses, so blame the directors and her roles. And sone people say that LJS did all the work in that kiss, but to me it was a great combined effort, LJS iniated the kiss (most guys in kdramas do anyway, and it only makes sense for Dalpo to do it and not her) and she accepted. It takes two to clap. On the whole, I'm happy with the mostly positive reception to the feedback and PSH dispelling stupid tumours that she's a bad kisser

Interestingly there was no lovey-dovey bits between them the next day, except for a sweet hug, but I'm ok with that.

There were 3 funny bits I remember quite well from this ep: Dad and In Ha playfully bickering as usual and him taking a photo of her to put as a wallpaper on his phone, Yoon Rae thinking Dalpo likes her, then showing a picture of Heechul on her phone (he has to make a cameo as her bf or something!), and my fave, In Ha washing her hair in the toilet... So disgusting =))

Strangely enough, as awesome as the kiss was, the ending of the ep stuck in my head more and moved me more. It away so poignant. One of the best endings to a kdrama I have ever seen, and it didn't even feature our main leads Dalpo or In Ha in the closing shot. Hyung is such a complex and intriguing character. He and Dalpo are so alike, the only real difference is that Dalpo grew up in a loving and caring family after the fire accident, and Hyung thought he had lost everything, with the news of his father's remains being found in ep 4 the turning point that turned him dark. If Hyung had grown up in a better environment and had knew Dalpo was still alive, I'm certain he wouldn't have committed the crimes he has. If only they had seen each other earlier, perhaps when Hyung went to check on his bumper, and they were facing away from each other but we're only metres apart. Ugh.

I don't think Hyung will die. So much still needs to be said between the brothers, and if he does know, he well be remembered as a hero that saved a poor kid, and his past crimes of killing the 3 men responsible for the fire accident will go completely unnoticed. Just thinking of the upcoming conflict and angst... X_X

All in all, this show is my life :x

The time when DalPo felt sorry for his mistake, being careless in reporting his first news. What he has done exactly the same thing with the reporters did to him self.

He felt sorry for the girl and him self.

His voice sincerely sorry......

https://www.4shared.com/mp3/gTBSARKOce/mianhamnida-LJS-ep7.html

mianhamnida_zps6lxkkxx1.gif

I'm loving the parallel between the two brothers and In Na and her mother.  Just comparing them........ how one was a reporter, and hated....  I don't know.  I just think there are too many similaritites between the four.  I also really like what In Ha's cap said about the importance of good reporting.;; as to why they need to report things.  I really enjoyed both episodes.  Who knows what the future brings.  Lots and lots of WOW!  If I have time to stew, I'm going to think on how the two relationships.... are estranged. ^^  Still, I was glad the kiss was in the middle of the episode... it was nice not to end on that note for once. :D  I'll leave it at that. 

So for those who questioned about that LSJ said PSH wasn't pretty before they  started filming during the 2nd Presscon... I asked my friend to watch the clip and explain it to me
This is what she said:He says he can't really remember all of their photo shoots before but he doesn't recall thinking even once “oh she’s so pretty” but for some reasons now after filming he finds himself having that thought very often. From my understanding he is saying it as someone who didn't really have those sudden thoughts . He explained of course she was pretty but he didn't think wow she’s pretty during or after their encounters. Since it was a professional setting and not appropriate. So the thought didn't cross his mind. But now filming and seeing her and her wonderful personality. He suddenly has those thoughts that she’s very pretty and loveable quite often.I get the sense that he’s saying before he wasn’t aware of her charms but now sees them and it’s quite unexpected since they’ve worked together on a number of occasions. Kind of like seeing someone for the millionth times but then suddenly seeing them in a different light."
Hope this could help. Thanks to my friend Jess ^^