[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

O.M.G I'm crying and laughing at the same time when I saw his hair on the first teaser. That's gotta be the worst hair I've ever seen on him so far, even his high school days hair is better than on the teaser. I hope he won't have many scenes with that hair.

I read the article about it at dramabeans and I'm dying as I read these parts

javabeans: But, you show us that hair and then… nothing? Who the hell cares about some trivia question about the symptoms of lying and hiccups, completely ignoring the fact that you have Lee Jong-seok sitting right there looking like a janitor’s mop?
girlfriday: Don’t forget the nanosecond flashback to his fateful meeting with the heroine, which I can’t even take seriously because of that hair. He looks a little bit like a Raggedy Andy doll.

:)) Can't help but laugh at these :))

Guest LaDadaista

Jin Kyoung as Song Cha-okiKxp7nFbE2cw6.jpg

Song Cha-okInha's mom, a newsroom report for MSC news station
Cha-ok is in her late 40s but still has young and gracious look, and has a legendary career as a reporter.
She was the 1st female captain of open-air news station reporters in charge of Seoul City Police Department, and had been assigned twice as overseas correspondents, which is hard to do just once. She has worked restless with a self management that she can run a full course of marathon, and a desire for winning that she never loses to anyone whether it's news reporting or alcohol drinking. So, it wasn't surprising that she become a head of social affairs department and at the same time the 1st female main anchor of open-air news station as soon as she came back from an assignment as a correspondent to Washington D.C.
As she didn't bother to fabricate, exaggerate, and use emotional direction for an extraordinary news, there are also much of jealous criticism toward her.
She hid the fact that she's married as her marriage at young age became a hurdle for her to be a reporter, and as her marriage life including her daughter Inha became a hurdle to her life as reporter, she chose to divorce with no hesitation.
To Cha-ok, Inha, who she met again after 10 years, is just a newbie reporter with a defect of Pinocchio Syndrome prior to being her daughter.
Translated by our dear @nevrmind via PSH ThreadSource: http://goo.gl/o5dvep

Note from our dear translator @nevrmind"OK, I think that's it for today. Dalpo, Beomjo & Cha-ok are characters having strong links/storylines to Inha (our lovely PSH!), so I worked on translation for those. There are many other characters in Pinocchio, including Inha's family (grandpa, dad) and reporters in both MSC (where Inha works) and YGN (where Dalpo works), and the remainder, but let me pause here for a while."

Aw poor InHa, her mom is something else she choose her career over family and even look down at her and she will be the head reporter in the network she will be working in? The mother-daughter battle/story line will be interesting too aside from having a chaebol admirer.

I'm really liking all these character descriptions. :-bd

Guest LaDadaista

What does Han-river Line mean?
As you can see, description for 4 main characters in Pinocchio has titles 'Han-river Line Trainee Reporters',so what is Han-river Line?
I'm not an expert for news reporter's world, but learned it recently. 
Social affairs reporters are assigned to a line, which is a word used by reporters meaning a section of Seoul City. Since there are many events, incidents, news items happening all around the city, one reporter can't cover the whole city. So reporters in social affairs department are assigned to cover one of the section(=line) of Seoul City. Seoul city can be divided to several lines, one of which is Han-river line. There are also Gangnam line, and others. And the line are common among across all news stations.
So, even though our trainee reporters PSH & LJS do not work for same news station, both are assigned to Han-river Line from each of their own station. And that's why there could be many interactions at work between them.
Explained by our dear @nevrmind via PSH Thread

Guest annariana18

No Character Description for Lee Yo Bi ?  :D 

Lee Yoo Bi? I'm waiting for one too. Heard that she's a ex/sasaeng fan of idol.. don't know wether it's true or not. Btw, all the characters seems interesting so far. Park Hye Run really put her heart in every character. And as for Seo Bum Jo (KYK), he seems nice? Innocent and cheerful. But isn't he supposed to be a bit bastard and a two face person? If he's really a bastard and a two face person, he can't possibly like In Ha for real. Ahh I don't know...

Huh.. #:-S November 12 come quickly...

Another Version Of Characters Description :)

'Pinocchio' Character Profile - Part 1

Source: SBS

Choi Dalpo - Lee Jong Suk

Even though he is tall and possesses handsome looks, no one realizes it since it is hidden under a head of scruffy hair and dingy clothes. Although he can’t be called a flower boy (ggeot-minam, 꽃미남), he may well called a soon-to-be handsome man (got-minam, 곧미남) — just needs to be tidied up.

He was born under the name Ki Hamyoung.

When he was 14, he nearly drowned and was saved by Inha’s grandpa, Gongpil. He was then adopted into the family and takes the name Dalpo, because Gong-pil believes that Hamyoung to be his deceased son who had drowned at sea. Through this, Dalpo’s new family now consists of — a father, Gongpil, who could pass as Dalpo’s grandfather in age; a younger brother, Dalpyung, who’s is his father’s age; and a same-age niece, Inha.

In order to pass as Dalpo (who had never been good at studies), this boy has taken to hiding his fantastic intellect. Although he can easily memorize the whole library, he intentionally gets zero in all his exams. This is how he gained the nickname of ‘All-Zero’. He further hid his good looks by wearing shabby clothes and a pair of gum boots, completing the look of a fashion terrorist.

He knows that the family is financial difficult, so Dalpo feigns disinterest in university studies and gives the opportunity to his niece Inha. He takes the job of a taxi driver. However, his intellect, amazing ability to memorize anything, plus the street smarts he gained from driving a taxi… these are all leading him to become a reporter possessing truly unique talents.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Choi Inha - Park Shin Hye

She suffers from Pinocchio Syndrome, where she begins hiccuping whenever she lies and can only stop when she tells the truth. Most people who have this syndrome shy from the public since they can’t lie, but Inha has rather chosen to live her life telling the truth exactly as it is.

She fights over every little thing with her same-age uncle, Dalpo. She remembers that when they first met, he was a gentle young man; but somehow he turned hostile towards her. She couldn’t help but dislike Dalpo, who always ranked bottom in school and was ostracized for it. It wasn’t until she discovered his hidden smarts and warmth that she accepted him into her family.

If you have Pinocchio Syndrome, there’s not many careers for you to choose from. Lawyers, congressmen, writers, actors… these are all jobs where lying is a basic requirement. Therefore, Inha has chosen to become a reporter! In her mind, a reporter cannot even include the slightest lie in her work, so it is the most suitable for her. Besides, being a reporter would give her a chance to find her mom who had left the family.

Nevertheless, the syndrome causes a load of troubles for Inha. She can’t toy with the guy she likes, let alone consider two guys at the same time. Work is no easier. She may not be 100% righteous but even when she tries to lie by omitting the truth, the hiccups come. All this gives Inha more motivation to search for truth than any other reporter out there.

By: hitoritabi