[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Why Does Lee Si Young Choose Co-Star Uhm Tae Woong Over Lee Soo Hyuk as Her Ideal Type?uhm-tae-woong-lee-si-young-lee-soo-hyuk.

On November 19, the cast of the new Monday-Tuesday tvN drama “Valid Love” attended a press conference for the upcoming drama, which took place at Youngdeungpo Time Square.

During the press conference, actress Lee Si Young was asked to choose who is closer to ideal type between her two male co-stars, Uhm Tae Woong and Lee Soo Hyuk. She revealed that it was difficult to choose, explaining, “The charms of the two are so different. Lee Soo Hyuk is good-looking at first sight, while Uhm Tae Woong has more comfortable charms.”

The actress ultimately shared, “For now, I like a more comfortable style like Uhm Tae Woong. If [you’re] too good-looking, it’s a bit of a burden.”

“Valid Love” is scheduled to air its first broadcast on December 1 at 11 p.m. (KST).

valid-love-2.jpg

valid-love.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/19/why-does-lee-si-young-choose-co-star-uhm-tae-woong-over-lee-soo-hyuk-as-her-ideal-type/

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valid Love’s cozy threesome posters

ValidLove33.jpg

It looks like three won’t be a crowd for this drama, at least based on the story the posters are telling me. Here’s a whole batch of posters, stills, and teasers for tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama Valid Love, starring Lee Shi-young as a woman who loves both her husband Uhm Tae-woong and the dreamy carpenter Lee Soo-hyuk who, well, isn’t her husband. Despite being a drama about an extramarital affair, I do think the currents will run deeper than just condoning her love for both men and calling it a day… that’s the hope, anyway.

The new melodrama is getting ready to air on Mondays and Tuesdays following Liar Game(Noooooo, don’t leave me, Ha Woo-jin!). Coming from writer Kim Do-woo of My Name Is Kim Sam-soon and PD Han Ji-seung of Alone in Love, I think we can expect some complex character studies, not to mention gorgeous visuals, from what we’ve seen so far. I already know at the outset that our heroine will be deeply flawed, since she asks in the teasers (the same voiceover in the previous teasers) what’s so wrong about loving two men, as the two men in question cry.

Lee Shi-young and Uhm Tae-woong do look adorable together in the stills that depict their happier days (though does that just make it sadder for Uhm Tae-woong?), when she’s a high school student who falls for the handsome substitute teacher at school. Later they’re happily married, which you’d think wouldn’t be a source of angst, but when she falls for Lee Soo-hyuk and can’t leave either man, it’ll be the central conflict that drives the story.

The drama’s tagline is: “All loves are valid.” Well sure, taken separately they are; I think it’s the simultaneity that’s at issue, no? (The use of “valid” in everything is a pun on the heroine’s name, Illy, which means “validity.”) I can’t promise it’ll be a show I watch all the way through, since it might make me want to break things, but it looks really well-produced and I trust it’ll be well-acted, if nothing else. Perhaps I’ll prepare myself for the premiere by clearing away anything throwable within reach, and arming myself with tissues.

Valid Love premieres Monday, December 1.

ValidLove20.jpg

ValidLove19.jpg

ValidLove21.jpg

ValidLove22.jpg

ValidLove13.jpg

ValidLove15.jpg

ValidLove16.jpg

ValidLove24.jpg

ValidLove25.jpg

ValidLove26.jpg

ValidLove30.jpg

ValidLove31.jpg

ValidLove27.jpg

ValidLove28.jpg

ValidLove29.jpg

ValidLove35.jpg

ValidLove36.jpg

ValidLove34.jpg

ValidLove38.jpg

ValidLove37.jpg

ValidLove32.jpg

ValidLove18.jpg

ValidLove17.jpg

Via TV Report

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/11/valid-loves-cozy-threesome-posters/

Valid Love music video - full version.  Posted on tvN's Youtube channel

Edit: Song used in the music video: "Hungry Heart" by Bruce Springsteen
Lyrics:
Got a wife and kids in baltimore jack
I went out for a ride and I never went back
Like a river that dont know where its flowing
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going

Everybodys got a hungry heart
Lay down your money and you play your part

I met her in a kingstown bar
We fell in love I knew it had to end
We took what we had and we ripped it apart
Now here I am down in kingstone again

Everybodys got a hungry heart...

Everybody needs a place to rest
Everybody wants to have a home
Dont make no difference what nobody says
Aint nobody like to be alone

Everybodys got a hungry heart...

omg the MV is so cuteee and funny. Hee Tae and Il Ri are so adorable it's hard not to root for them *nods nods*I wonder if they're gonna make one for Joon & Il Ri, I doubt it since I don't think they have many scenes tgther yet.

Guest nedenuleyn

I read some comments saying they ship Il Ri with Joon, saying they look better than Il Ri-Hee Tae and she should be with Joon. And these left me disappointed. I was actually guessing to see these kind of things because he's good looking and younger but still I am disappointed. It disappoints me to see that some people encourage adultery and just because the guy is handsome and tall and has a good body.Really? Is it this easy? Even if Joon was the most handsome guy and Hee Tae was the ugliest guy in the world (which isn't the case here), or Joon was the nicest and Hee Tae was the biggest jerk, cheating should be/is unacceptable.  It makes me wonder if these people would still be okay with it if this happened to them or someone close to them. Also to the people who say Hee Tae looks too old; he's not meant to look young in the first place. He actually looks pretty young in the present (after the first time skip) for his age. I think he looks about 35; Also since he's 41 now and they first met 13 years ago, he was 28 and Il Ri was about 18. So they are already 10 years apart. Even with his "young" hairstyle in the earlier parts he doesn't look bad. If only they gave him the right hairstyle you'll see he actually looks young and very good for his age.  And Joon is young, about Il Ri's age. I actually quite understand the "Joon's younger, he's better" idea and would also support that if they were rivals for Il Ri's love; like a typical drama, I'd probably be team Joon. But here, she's already married to Hee Tae which makes her off the market. So I think Joon shouldn't even be a rival to Hee Tae. And that is actually where the main problem starts.Btw, from what I've understood from the highlight teaser, it looks like it's Joon who approaches Il Ri first, knowing she's already married to some other guy. To me, that makes him less likable. Should I confess? Yeah, I'm team Hee Tae!! 

A comment that I saw on drama beans that caught my attention:

I mean, I like UTW but I think some might be turning the drama down based on their feelings for the actor. His checklist of good traits might not trickle into the character. Well…it’s not like I can’t understand that though. No one wants to see their fave sad, lol, even if it’s not really them.

Anyway, I love a morally ambiguous characterization and I think Lee Shi Young’s character’s willingness to step out of her marriage despite loving her husband puts her right in that category. She can be deeply flawed, she can be flat-out unlikable at times as long as she’s interesting. I think that’s good, hahaha. I might end up rooting for her–whether it’s for her to get some sense or end it with one guy to go to the next or to become a better person. I might end up waiting for the truck of doom to run her over, lol. Should probably still be enjoyable, though. And hey, the guys might not be that great, either. I’ll see. >:]

Anyways Hello Guys and Girls :) Im looking forward to this drama and to see how everything is going to play out

‘Sam-soon’ writer pens new drama

Kim Do-woo attempts to enchant viewers again with ‘Righteous Love’

25080133.jpg
Korea’s drama fans should remember Kim Sam-soon, a pastry chef from the 2005 MBC drama “My Lovely Sam-soon,” which won the hearts of many viewers for its frank and humorous depiction of older, unmarried women in Korea.

Screenwriter Kim Do-woo, who was behind the drama, will once again introduce another beguiling character, Illi, the lead female in the upcoming tvN drama “Righteous Love” who gets caught up in a scandalous love triangle with her husband and another man. 

Kim teamed up with drama producer Han Ji-seung from 2006’s “Alone in Love.” Han is known for his stylish visuals and delicate emotional portrayals.

The famed duo said that they wanted to tell a story about love, but one that people haven’t heard before. 
25080207.jpg
I wanted to talk about an unconventional romance,” said Kim during a press conference for the drama at Times Square on Nov. 19 in Yeongdeungpo District.

“I didn’t consider my drama to be about unrighteous affairs but just wanted to offer something different to the viewers ... And then I thought if I gave a rom-com spin to the subject matter, it would be unlike any previous dramas.” 

The synopsis roughly follows the coming-of-age story of the innocent and optimistic Illi (Lee Si-young), who marries her high school teacher Hee-tae (Uhm Tae-woong), whom she had crush on years ago. 

However, while leading a stable married life, first love strikes again when she meets Joon (Lee Soo-hyuk), an alluring young carpenter.

Illi is confused by her attraction to both her loving husband and the charming young man. 

Han, who has been searching for the right script for eight years, said “Righteous Love” caught his attention because it contained several opportunities to test his skills of dealing with sensitive subjects.

“I had to go through some challenges with this drama because if I didn’t do it perfectly, it was going to raise some ethical problems or else just be very boring,” said Han. 

“With the ‘romance’ factor up front, I wanted to unravel the story behind it - about each and every ordinary life that people are carrying on every day.”

Actress Lee Si-young also said that the script’s strong romantic theme was what she liked the most about it.

“First of all, I liked it because it was a very strong and passionate story about love,” Lee said. 

“Illi is a difficult character [to play] … I didn’t approach her in an immoral way but tried to focus only on her emotions. Even if it doesn’t involve marriage, I wanted people who had gone through a similar situation - being confused between two people - to sympathize with my character.”

Actor Uhm, who got married last year, said he shared many commonalities with Hee-tae, which helped him to relate to him more. 

“I usually do a lot of research for my character, but for this one I didn’t have to,” the 40-year-old actor said. 

“However, sometimes I felt really bad for him for being so reserved. But it’s not like I cannot understand him. Instead, I could feel from my heart what his emotions were and why he had to act that way.

“In the drama, there is not a single character that you cannot understand or sympathize with. It is a warm, and at the same time, heartbreaking story of love.”

The Monday to Tuesday drama will air its first episode on Dec. 1. 

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jes@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2997702

nedenuleyn said: I read some comments saying they ship Il Ri with Joon, saying they look better than Il Ri-Hee Tae and she should be with Joon. And these left me disappointed. I was actually guessing to see these kind of things because he's good looking and younger but still I am disappointed. It disappoints me to see that some people encourage adultery and just because the guy is handsome and tall and has a good body.Really? Is it this easy? Even if Joon was the most handsome guy and Hee Tae was the ugliest guy in the world (which isn't the case here), or Joon was the nicest and Hee Tae was the biggest jerk, cheating should be/is unacceptable.  It makes me wonder if these people would still be okay with it if this happened to them or someone close to them. Also to the people who say Hee Tae looks too old; he's not meant to look young in the first place. He actually looks pretty young in the present (after the first time skip) for his age. I think he looks about 35; Also since he's 41 now and they first met 13 years ago, he was 28 and Il Ri was about 18. So they are already 10 years apart. Even with his "young" hairstyle in the earlier parts he doesn't look bad. If only they gave him the right hairstyle you'll see he actually looks young and very good for his age.  And Joon is young, about Il Ri's age. I actually quite understand the "Joon's younger, he's better" idea and would also support that if they were rivals for Il Ri's love; like a typical drama, I'd probably be team Joon. But here, she's already married to Hee Tae which makes her off the market. So I think Joon shouldn't even be a rival to Hee Tae. And that is actually where the main problem starts.Btw, from what I've understood from the highlight teaser, it looks like it's Joon who approaches Il Ri first, knowing she's already married to some other guy. To me, that makes him less likable. Should I confess? Yeah, I'm team Hee Tae!! 

Archived