[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

@Ahpheng,  You said:   I hope he is NOT the next spy...he looks kinda harmless and not the fame seeking, materialistic kind. Anyway, the first spy Jong Hoo was sent by MS to spy on his bro MH, not the Elder.

That's what makes him perfect he will mainly keep them informed of CYS every move because the Elder is going to attempt to kill her and KMH needs healer dead so let the police take care of him.. That way it would be easy to bring JI to her mom without getting the past exposed.. Only thing KMH wants to clear his guilt in the involvement back then.. I still think the Elder found out about all of them through KMH when he was younger.. 

2 days post episode 10 my mind is still stuck at the scene btwn SJH & Teacher. Teacher had not believed that JH's dad killed someone and started to investigate. But he apparently hit a roadblock (being MH since he is supposedly 15YO then) and hence he gave up. But he definitely told JH that someone killed his dad. So he was at least able to find out that much.

And he said to JH that there is a stone in his gut and every time he sees JH it hurts. Meaning Teacher must have at least found out that KMS has something to do with JH's dad's death and probably YS's dad as well. Knowing all these, I can understand why seeing the son of ur best friend can hurt but yet driven by loyalty to this dead friend he raised up JH till adulthood.

I think Teacher was cruel to JH to leave on his bday but being around JH is also cruel to Teacher since he must have learnt something about the deaths of his friends which is painful to him.

I wonder how much exactly does MH knows. He obviously know something to the extend he is always on Elder's toes to try to find discriminating evidence against him. But he also questioned his brother about the "accident" that killed CYS's dad. But during that conversation he had he did not mention JH's dad.

Now that we are moving into 2nd half of the drama many secrets/past has been revealed yet we were given more secrets and past to unravel.. this drama is really very good that it always keeps everyone on their toes.. wanting and dying to know what will happen next.

Definitely will be one of top favourites for a l-o-n-g time..

Guest shinomorisagara

valsava said: @Ahpheng,  You said: 
That's what makes him perfect he will mainly keep them informed of CYS every move because the Elder is going to attempt to kill her and KMH needs healer dead so let the police take care of him.. That way it would be easy to bring JI to her mom without getting the past exposed.. Only thing KMH wants to clear his guilt in the involvement back then.. I still think the Elder found out about all of them through KMH when he was younger.. 

@uctqepe will really like this article ;;)
----------------------------------------------------
class="at_ttl"Five Fun Facts About Yoo Ji Tae

BY Julie Jones | Jan 07, 2015 09:38 AM EST

Yoo Ji Tae

Yoo Ji Tae plays a popular reporter and Ji Chang Wook's rival in the drama "The Healer." The actor also appears as a South Korean tenor in the film "The Tenor Lirico Spinto." Yoo is not only an actor but he's also an acclaimed director who has said that nothing in life can compare to the excitement of making films.

How much do you know about this multi-faceted entertainer? Here are some facts.

1. He does what it takes to perfect a role, including studying opera. For his role as the South Korean tenor Bae Jae Chul, he not only studied English and Japanese but he studied opera singing for four hours a day. The real life tenor he played lost his voice due to thyroid cancer.

And while he admits that much of the time it was lip synching during the film, he did learn how to let his voice out and embody the attitude and breathing patterns of an opera singer.

"The location of the tonsils is also very important," he said in a tenasia.co.kr interview. "Sometimes you see the veins throbbing in a person's neck when they are singing. That's not real. So I tried to sing an octave lower than the song so my tonsils didn't move and my veins didn't throb."

2. He directed the film "Mai Ratima" about a Korean man in his 30s and his mail order bride from Thailand. The film was based on an idea he had in college 15 years earlier. In the acclaimed film he wanted to show the reality of being poor and multicultural in Korea.

3. His mom raised him as a single parent and he's proud of her.

"My mother, who worked as a nurse for a long time, wants to run a hospital for the elderly someday. I want to financially help her realize her dream, and then establish an orphanage," said Yoo in a KBS Global interview.

4. Besides these philanthropic goals he has contributed to many other charitable events. He has helped to build schools, deliver free lunches to the underprivileged, helped promote the adoption of abandoned dogs and campaigned against domestic violence.

5. He is married to actress Kim Hyo Jin, who played Moon Geun Young's rival in "Mary Stayed Out All Night." The couple met when they were both models in 2003. They began dating in 2006, married in 2011 and had their first child in 2014.

"We try to share whatever ideas we have," he said of his wife in a tenasia.co.kr interview. "That leads to communication and my wife is my partner for life. I can trust her and she trusts me. I am happy and grateful about that."

link: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/66609/20150107/five-fun-facts-about-yoo-ji-tae.htm
-----------------------------
OMG, YJT also an orphan and raised by single mom?? Just like JCW.. @uctqepe your bromance ship looks like sailing ;)) ;))

kanyaprasetyo said: @uctqepe will really like this article ;;)
----------------------------------------------------
class="at_ttl"Five Fun Facts About Yoo Ji Taelink: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/66609/20150107/five-fun-facts-about-yoo-ji-tae.htm
-----------------------------
OMG, YJT also an orphan and raised by single mom?? Just like JCW.. @uctqepe your bromance ship looks like sailing ;)) ;))

By the way, I discovered in first episodes that Jung Hoo originally thought that Young Shin was a bait to catch Healer (do you remember? It was so long ago...). But although he was wrong then, now this is actually what's going on, and that happened exactly because he started following Young Shin.So in the end Jung Hoo got a self-fulfilling prophecy, because hу made his belief come true by his own actions and now it is fully turning against him.

@carmens - "why in  a drama that has the title Healer, there is a character named Healer, which is present from the very beginning of  broadcasting, in fact the story is not about the Healer but about the mission of the press and the journalist, to be the healer of community?"

Greetings - For what its worth, here's what I think.  I wondered the same thing you did until I read Dramabeans' review of Ep. 10 in which they translate the subtitle of the "Healer" publication Bong Soo finds in Min Ho's apartment but which wasn't translated in the subbed episode I watched.  According to DB, the subtitle of the magazine reads "the media eists to diagnose and heal this society's pains" so the initial Healer is a metaphor for the media, but a free, unbiased and courageous media unencumbered by the influence of money and power.  In Ep. 1, the group was broadcasting and publishing illegally because, apparently at that time, the media in Korea was not free but a government mouthpiece, they make reference to more than 2,000 journalists, copywriters and editors being fired by the current President. They were calling for "that kid (Min Joo)" who right now I'm thinking is a personification of some courageous person who would bring about freedom of the press or a call for more aspiring journalists to join their mission.  When they are at the table and Moon Ho takes their picture, they call for Min Joo and then they say that they are all Min Joo.  That group seems to have been a youthful, completely idealistic group of friends and aspiring journalists and I'm guessing what we haven't seen yet is what happens to break them apart. 

Whatever it is that breaks the group apart results in Teacher going to prison, JH's and YS's fathers dying, YS becoming an orphan, JH becoming fatherless, then motherless, then also an orphan and YS's mother ending up in that wheelchair and dependent on Moon Shik.  Its worth noting that in that initial group, Moon Shik isn't a journalist, he's driving the truck.  Each of the journalists in the group ends up dead or close to death. 

What we're seeing in present day isn't what Healer was but what Healer became when it went underground and I talked about this at length above.  If the goal of that early group of journalists was to "epose and heal society's pains" then the person doing that in present day is Moon Ho.  So Teacher and Detective Jo seemed to have kept the codename Healer (and so I don't understand why this didn't ring a bell with Moon Shik, but I digress) and over time the role of Healer became different.  Again, there is a lot of information missing so we can't tell why Healer transformed from a champion for truth to someone who "acquires" information without regard for ethics (JH is very clear about this point when describing who he is and what he does) for the right fee.  So there is a lot of corruption and co-opting that has gone on here and I'm guessing the rest of the drama will be about eposing what happened and healing that and everyone involved in the process. 

In Ep. 1 Moon Ho talks about being stuck in the past.  In Ep. 10 Teacher tells JH that there was a sith member of the group, everyone's little brother and Ji Ahn's oppa.  Because of this, I think the dismemberment of the group had a significant impact on Moon Ho.  So significant that all the unrealized dreams of those three in the back of the truck are being realized in the little brother.  Look at it this way, I read somewhere that this drama is supposed to span three generations.  In the present day, Moon Ho is the three journalists in the back of the truck and Jung Hoo is the guy on the bike and Young Shin appears to be the person Moon Ho is grooming to be the net generation journalist.

I'm finding Healer to be an incredibly smart and well-thought-out story even apart from the eye candy.

@namyo - "what I'm afraid is that one of our leads might get hurt..."

I'm afraid you're right.  First and foremost this is a hero epic with a really upright and idealistic hero trying to take down an incredibly evil, powerfully entrenched bad guy and avenge his hyungs.  And the hero usually ends up dying in those stories, or I should say, ends up sacrificing himself, to take down the bad guy.

@maddymappo - "The screen writer  Song Ji-Na has her roots in journalism.  This is such a great drama. So many layers!"

Happy New Year, my friend...  See the above.  "Healer" was the title of the underground publication that Jung Hoo finds in Moon Ho's apartment.  The subtitle of that publication said, according to Dramabeans, "the media eists to epose and heal society's pain".  So the initial Healer is the media that eposes and heals... Today, for the first time since I started watching dramas, I actually looked up the writer's bio because I was so impressed with Ep. 10.  I do have to say, however, that unfortunately a lot is getting lost in translation.  I usually read the Dramabeans review before I watch the drama online because those ladies don't miss a thing and, in today's case, and for me, that translation of the subtitle of the Healer publication that wasn't translated online is what made the pieces start coming together in my mind. 

omo 10 eps & 300 pages.These healer people have given rocket engine to this thread.No surprices as this drama is DEABAK.Only bad thing in this drama is waiting for a week  8-| until the next episode aired & then waiting for the subs  ~X( But hopefuly I can control my feelings until next ep thanks to all your awesome posts  :x (reading comments on dramabeans is a good time pass method too)
Happy 300 pages everyone  :x

Guest uctqepe

@kanyaprasetyo‌ thanks dear for the article.. I actually wanted to strangle the journalists why they only recycled old news??!! Those have been repeated again and again.. Gaaaahhhh.. They should at least found something new from his recent participation in Happy Together :-t b-( meeh..

@newstory you can check his interviews and translated news on jichangwookkitchen.com as the most reliable source of Puppy for intl fans who dnt read Hangul... As pointed before, aside from being brought up by single mom, my jiji bromance ship shares more similarities:

- graduated from the same uni

- passionate in theatre

- JiTae's beloved son has the same birthdate w/ Puppy, well not the same year ofcourse

:P kakakakka thanks to @nploan who shared this info..

JiTae oppa has been more focused in movie while Puppy in dramas, i hope after getting insights from his Hyung, Puppy will be able to work in more movies in the future.. kekekekek.. If Two Constables still had no clearance, i hope he can work w/ the upcoming movie of JiTae's company.. Its about north-south relationship.. The thing is YooMovie only makes indie movies, which i am not sure it's a good choice for Puppy considering his coming enlistment.. He needs something BIG before 2-year break.. Oh my heart..

It sounds like i am promoting my ship too much, eh?? Shall i just open a shipper thread? :P

@newstory I forget if he ever mention it in an interview, but yes he's an orphan since little and raised by single mom. He only live with his mom now.
Excerpts from his Allure Interview

You sometimes also give a "pampered young master" aura. I'm an only child. Usually, an only child grows up under the nurture and sheltered care of everyone around him. Doesn't our country advocate independence? (laughs) I'm just like that. I'm not pampered, but I did grow up under good care.
Apparently you ordered some jjajangmyeon (noodles with black bean sauce). Do you live alone? (laughs) Since I've moved house, of course I need to have some jjajangmyeon. I live with my mother. Even though we live under one roof, it's been a while since I've seen her face to face.http://jichangwookindonesia.blogspot.com/2014/04/interview-translation-of-allure.html

@yoonmi66 was the one who translated this interview.

Guest blossomnagr

Here is the brand of PMY's rings  but only in Korean as of yet. Hope Ensuns will find out soon what is the brand in English and price. 

B64CcRlCUAAS4jc.jpg

Awake! And a lovely Friday morning to Healer fans! (BTW, do we have a name for Healer fans? What should we call ourselves? :P)
It's great to read all the thoughts, possible outcomes of the big reveals at the end of Ep 10 and the blossoming relationship between Young Shin and Bong Soo. You could see that she was flustered by Bong Soo's confession. I can also see more and more of Jung Hoo/Healer's persona in Bong Soo. He has lost a lot of his stuttering and nervousness and now behaves in a more confident manner. It will be very difficult to hide his real identity the longer he is around Young Shin. 
Now off for more screencapping for comics!

Guest blossomnagr

Edited
Healer # Do Ji Won confirms to star in upcoming drama on KBS "Unkind Women" that starts after "king's face," Premier is on February 18. The screenwriter of the Sun Woman" together with director of "My daughter Su-ying," tell the story of three women that are grandmother, daughter and granddaughter. 

via windbell weibo 
80958692jw1eo32a8g88jj20by0hxq3a.jpg

Guest uctqepe

@NRGchick‌ ahh good idea to have a name for us... Hmmm, i was thinking how about HEALERITIES??? Just because we all are soooo HEALERIOUS!! Kakakakakakakkka

People on DB call themselves Healers... But if we have another name for ourselves it'd be great

@uctqepe I hope some journalists actually have boss like Kim Moon Ho so they won't write half-a** articles... LOL... but kdramastars is notorious for hilarious article like that... I'm not surprised 8-|

@blossomnagr thanks for the news.. the drama's title is "Unkind Women" the role of DJW originally for Chae Si Ra...Either way they're JCW's onscreen mom in previous dramas :)) :)) Maybe JCW can do a cameo then? ;))

Ji Chang Wook is getting lots of attention now. It's about time!
itemprop="name"Up close and personal with Healer's Ji Chang Wook

by Nancy Z on Wed, Jan 07, 2015

Screenshot_2015-01-07_08.19.51_2.png
8 Comments 3723 Shares Share on Facebook3.7k

Viewers have been attracted to the new romantic thriller Healer and finding Ji Chang Wook simply irresistible. However, Ji Chang Wook is not just a pretty face. He has a great personality and works hard to follow his aspiration to become a "good actor."  This up close-and-personal interview took place when Ji Chang Wook had just started filming Healer. Watch the interview to discover why Ji has leaped to be a Hallyu hot star. And he can flutter your heart when he sings a love song.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/up-close-and-personal-with-healers-ji-chang-wook/

I sometimes find me from CHY

1.Can't sleep with anyone else.
 2.Can't sleep without my bed & my room.
 3.Don't have a BF(someone have posted earlier that this happen becoz of num 1.so  thanks to him/her  I know the reason now.sorry don't remember who was it but  THANKS a lot)
 4.Can't deal with high heels.(this is a hugh problem) 
 5.Scared to go in elevators.(but if there is handsome oppa like JCW I don't miss the  chance :x)
 6.Singing & dancing when feel weird.
 7.Using an old phone. (until someone bring u the newest version.)
 8.If find something interesting (like this drama) focus on work not on sleep.
 9.Ability to cook only three dishes.
10.Trouble in breathing  in some situations.
11.Get up late & work fast in the morning.
          Is there anyone else who have these similarities?I love to know! ;;)

I just have similarities with no. 4 (sometimes because I love wear sneakers), no. 5 (because I will feel dizzy), no. 11.

I don't know but sometimes I feel I have similarities with Healer. Love to be alone. Love to see night city view. Want everyone not see me at night. Love junk foods (but not extreme as Jung Hoo) and I'm not remember...