[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

LOL, I wonder how many times you replayed that scene before catching onto that nuanced smile JCW gave. I wouldn't have noticed had you not picked it out, and this is coming from someone who's usually quite observant! I've currently got that scene on loop, and am laughing like a loon at the suggestive nature of where his hands are positioned, and that hint of a smirk he gives.  :))

It's funny you gals mentioned this because the first time I ssaw this part I was like oh my he almost touched her "ahems"

Awkward!!! But since he put his other arm over then the awkwardness faded quickly at least for me.

I never mentioned it because idk It seemed to me part of the script as if JH in trying to hug accidentally went too low and the way YS jerked was a way of telling him that he was grabbing too tight hence JH hugging her with both arms to alleviate the discomfort .

Mauve said: case in point, backhugs -- i'm sure you can see that in other dramas, there seems to be an invisible line beyond which the arms of the lead actor cannot go lower (so sometimes they look like they're choking the girl and not hugging her), but JCW/SJH definitely crossed the line, and what we got were some of the most beautiful, heartfelt scenes (one of which is now my avatar).  ;) @Mauve
THIS!! This right here!! IT IS SO TRUE! Part of what makes their love so genuine and realistic is because there isn't a single moment where you can tell that they are "acting." I really hate the dramas where, just as you said, the guy always looks like he's choking the girl from behind when he's supposed to be back hugging her. lol.

Not only did JCW/SJH cross that invisible line with PMY/CYS without any obvious discomfort, but he also burrowed his head directly into her chest and nestled in comfortably when she climbed into bed with him. I can't remember any other dramas where the actor even dared to do that during a cuddling scene, but that's just part of how beautiful it makes that scene. It would have looked awkward had he put his head anywhere else, to be frank, so I'm really glad that they chose to shoot that scene, and many others, the right way.

It speaks about their comfort level with each other and how much they must trust each other on and off camera. Because of how realistic they always portray their characters, it affects us that much more.

charliew said:

My friend tried to order Director's cut from Innolife but it said it has ended. Anyone know if it is sold out or they just stop and will open again??

@charliew
I just ordered my DVD from Innolife and it went through smoothly. Maybe your friend should try again? It could have just been a technology issue.

It's funny you gals mentioned this because the first time I ssaw this part I was like oh my he almost touched her "ahems"

Awkward!!! But since he put his other arm over then the awkwardness faded quickly at least for me.

I never mentioned it because idk It seemed to me part of the script as if JH in trying to hug accidentally went too low and the way YS jerked was a way of telling him that he was grabbing too tight hence JH hugging her with both arms to alleviate the discomfort .

Did you also notice that he rubbed her arm before the second arm went around her? Maybe he felt her tense up and rubbed her to say its ok. Or perhaps saying no worries I won't go any further on global TV =))

@Mauve‌

You know I always have noticed that in kdramas they're is always a gap between OTPs when they hug,that it looks awkward took me sometime to get use to . Also hugging and the girl has her hands straight not hugging back.

In Healer JH and YS hugs that gap doesn't exist and gives a more natural feel to it all,only time YS seems uncomfortable with hugging JH is an episode 16 after finding out that "JH dad killer her dad" and it shows when she puts her arms down and makes a fists with one of her hands. that was meaningful for that scene of doubt.

Reason why I love Healer so much there's is no dead fish kissing or stiff hugging ,it's all natural

adlyn13 said: @Mauve‌ You know I always have noticed that in kdramas they're is always a gap between OTPs when they hug,that it looks awkward took me sometime to get use to . Also hugging and the girl has her hands straight not hugging back. In Healer JH and YS hugs that gap doesn't exist and gives a more natural feel to it all,only time YS seems uncomfortable with hugging JH is an episode 16 after finding out that "JH dad killer her dad" and it shows when she puts her arms down and makes a fists with one of her hands. that was meaningful for that scene of doubt. Reason why I love Healer so much there's is no dead fish kissing or stiff hugging ,it's all natural

Guest zalimova

Attention Healer fans! Vote for Healer to make it the best drama of the month at:
http://dramabuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21
Healer ANTI Fans, you can vote for Kill me heal me to bring it down. Just kidding. ;)

We need 1400 more votes to be in the first place!

Fighting!
P.S. I’m suffering from Healer withdrawals. Bring back my Park Bong Soo back. :(

tumblr_nk8sa2IxH21u2ikr6o1_540.jpg

@Mauve

THIS!! This right here!! IT IS SO TRUE! Part of what makes their love so genuine and realistic is because there isn't a single moment where you can tell that they are "acting." I really hate the dramas where, just as you said, the guy always looks like he's choking the girl from behind when he's supposed to be back hugging her. lol.

Not only did JCW/SJH cross that invisible line with PMY/CYS without any obvious discomfort, but he also burrowed his head directly into her chest and nestled in comfortably when she climbed into bed with him. I can't remember any other dramas where the actor even dared to do that during a cuddling scene, but that's just part of how beautiful it makes that scene. It would have looked awkward had he put his head anywhere else, to be frank, so I'm really glad that they chose to shoot that scene, and many others, the right way.

It speaks about their comfort level with each other and how much they must trust each other on and off camera. Because of how realistic they always portray their characters, it affects us that much more.

Preach it Sistah!!! All the years of otp cheering ...shallow hugs...dead fish peck kisses....sucky chemistry.....now I look back at those dramas and feel I was content with a stale crust of bread, and Healer fed me a banquet!!! Or crunchy fried chicken straight from the oil!!! How the heck can I go seamlessly back to stale bread crusts?!?!?!?!?! ARGH!!!!!!

Did you read already the latest article posted on Moru Moru Island? If not here a short fragment from it:

Final Episode Reaction

My love affair with Healer started from the very first episode – the moment Ji Chang Wook entered the screen topl…ok, scratch that, I’m lying. Lol oddly enough, the scene which reeled me in was when Healer was transporting his client on the train, and ajhumma hilariously opened up the wrong doors. They ran out and then that AMAZING instrumental started playing in the background. For some reason, I was sold at that very moment. Upon reflection, I think I fell in love with ... ... for the rest of the story go HERE and read it! It deserve!! 
Also, be advised that we are waiting for all your thoughts, feelings related to a specifical scene, moment, etc to @Healerities project email and we will make sure to post it in Writer's Corner! Till now we have from 2 chingus posts there so hurry up and send more! We will gladly share them with all of you that love Healer! 

OMG! You guys I have never had such bad withdrawal ever ever ever before. This drama has me thinking crazy things. I'm like constantly checking this thread. URGH! I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm like sitting in class trying to search things about 'Mental Health' and you know what I typed, 'Mental Healer'. LOL.

I realized why I love JCW.
-His laugh, so addicting.
-His attitude
-How humble he his
-His love for his fans
-How he communicates with his fans through social media
-His acting is beyond superb (The emotions)

**How I miss this guy!

:(( :(( :((

BUT GUESS WHAT! Life just GOT BETTER!!

HEALER IS ON HULU!!!! That means Ji Chang Wook on 60 in screen. LOL!!!

dramamama5 said:

Mauve

said: case in point, backhugs -- i'm sure you can see that in other dramas, there seems to be an invisible line beyond which the arms of the lead actor cannot go lower (so sometimes they look like they're choking the girl and not hugging her), but JCW/SJH definitely crossed the line, and what we got were some of the most beautiful, heartfelt scenes (one of which is now my avatar). 

;)
@Mauve

Preach it Sistah!!! All the years of otp cheering ...shallow hugs...dead fish peck kisses....sucky chemistry.....now I look back at those dramas and feel I was content with a stale crust of bread, and Healer fed me a banquet!!! Or crunchy fried chicken straight from the oil!!! How the heck can I go seamlessly back to stale bread crusts?!?!?!?!?! ARGH!!!!!! You know people are losing it when they start comparing skinship to food..... LOL.

But seriously, I totally agree. I've seen A LOT of dramas over the last twelve years, but only a small handful have received perfect 10s from me. Healer now joins that incredibly short list. The way they handled all aspects of our OTP was nothing short of amazing and, dare I say it, flawless. Such a mature and loving relationship from two innocent adults.

Actually, to be honest, while the ending was great (so, so great!), I wish we had been given an additional ten to fifteen minutes just for our Jung Hoo and Young Shin. Not by cutting out any of the action from the episode, but to just extend it by that amount of time. More skinship! More romance! More kisses! More OTP! (I can just hear JCW now. "Noona, they want us to do it again... even though Healer is over!" LOL)

kanyaprasetyo

said: For those who wants to save all his interview pics.... good Lord there are more than 100 hundred pics!!

On FB (122 pics)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.785310051562472.1073742034.632667120160100

On couch kimchi (116 pics):

http://couch-kimchi.com/2015/02/23/massive-collection-of-new-interview-photos-of-healers-ji-chang-wook/

On JCW Kitchen:

http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/02/23/pictorial-ji-chang-wook-post-healer-interview-press-pictures-warning-image-heavy/

he's killing me slowly for sure...