[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Innolife is based in Japan and was set up in 2000 as a global shopping network (like Interpark in Korea and QVC in the States).  Now they primarily concentrate on all things Hallyu through their site, while Rakuten has taken over almost all the other shopping entities (Rakuten also just purchased Viki *headscratch* ).  I've had an account with them for several years now and have never had a problem with orders going missing or damaged goods arriving here in California or whilst on business trips in Japan.

I'm fairly fluent in Japanese, but I've only had to contact their customer service once when I made a mistake on my Japan shipping address; it was fixed within 4 hours of my placing the order.  If the need arises to contact them, Innolife does correspond in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.

Contacting YesAsia would be like nailing jello to a tree; their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  But since it's not one of the options available to U.S. purchasers at present, I have no hesitancy in saying Innolife is a good place to order the "Healer" DVDs.  :D

Cool, thanks @CherKell‌ for that vote of confidence in Innolife! I've never actually dealt with yesasia's customer service before, but at least I could find a customer support page. Maybe it's just the mobile version of Innolife's page, but I couldn't even find any contact or support info, so I wasn't sure if they even HAD a support division.

How about shipping and taxes though? Did they package the DVDs well? Since the bluray set is going to be > $300, will there be import or handling fees that I as the receiver would have to take care of? Or does innolife take care of everything on that side?

After hearing about your experience though I think I have a little more confidence in Innolife now.

so muchabout the cell phone tracked 6yiYPMu.png?1
in the  crossroad  the kidnappers, Elder's men, gave the MH's cellphone to a biker,(btw you people were saying about him that he he would be Ji Chang Wook's stuntman?)uk8NgeW.png?1
the biker, got it to the right, the car with the kidnappers got it straight ahead

TJLKPEa.png?1
I think Ahjumma just misled him
Very soon Healer  will come across a dilemma who to chooseKim, Moon-Ho or Chae Young-Shin ?in fact,I think we know the answerTqOibzH.png?1

S1x8yCb.png?1rBaNSnE.png?1

;)

@cherkell @terbi, I believe that YesAsia will open up the shipping for US and Canada after Healer drama airs. They do the same for other KDramas, if I'm not mistaken. I agree that the market is big in the US too. But what I've been shock to find even is how much the DVD sets have increased through the years (they doubled up; from $70-90 to $150+).

Hi all, in line with my desire to assemble a newspaper that highlights the best moments of Healer from Soompi's point of view and given that we are at a crunch for time, i would like to solicit ideas and/or existing material from the group.  Feedback on the outline below would be greatly appreciated :-)

1.  Name of Newspaper - OneDay News (instead of SomeDay News).  At the right hand corner i will include Soompi stats - number of pages, number of postings, number of hits, # countries.  This would summarize in numbers how much support the drama has from the international community.  What other stats do we have data for and that we can include?

2.  Editorial/Opinion - what topics would you want to see in the editorial/opinion section?  Here are some ideas -

-  Editorial - views on how great a drama healer is overall.  Accolades to SJN, actors, director, production team.  This will summarize how this group feels about the drama.  I know a lot of you raved and ranted about healer and how it surpasses all other dramas you've viewed in the past.  if you would have material that already covers this topic, please send them my way.  Saves me time to skim through 900 pages :-).  I am also looking for a cartoon that will graphically represent the editorial narrative - do we have an artist/cartoonist in the group who can help with this?

-  Opinion Section (we can have several of these, would include reviews from favorite episodes, scenes.  What scenes would you want reviewed?  There's just so much discussion on the thread that i don't know what to start.  input from the group would be awesome. 

3.  Headline/News - ideas - Ahjumma starts looking for Healer replacement (with healer contemplating on retiring), Police investigates elevator accident, Police investigate illicit activities of SS Gang,  others?

4.  World News - shortage of oxygen tanks around the world, emotional breakdown anticipated world wide over conclusion of healer, global warming brought by sizzling chemistry of OTP, others?

5.  Lifestyle - Food - recipe for pollack soup CYS style, dating Healer style (rooftop scene), fashion - healer outfit, skull fashion by ahjumma, accessories - most fashionalbe neck accessory only exclusive to CYS - Healer, you may add more to add to this.  if you have photos, please send me the soompi link if possible

6.  Entertainment - Gossip - Office romance PBS/CYS, Reviews of OST (we have material on this from the thread - if you want yours included, please send me the soompi link to that post),  Dear Abby column, Humor - comic strip?

7.  Classified Ads - Here's what I have so far -

JOBS -

NIGHT COURIER/ ERRAND BOY  Must

have excellent fighting skills, intuition, and beast like instincts.  Must be agile, nimble and be able to defy

gravity  jumping on rooftops to beat

traffic. Must secretly complete tasks assigned without questioning.  BIG PLUS - 50 cm shoulders; 6 pack abs; sexy

and charming.  Will pay premium for the

best candidate. 

BARISTA – Coffee

Bay is looking for hardworking baristas. 

Experience not required.  Open to

all including reformed ex-convicts of crimes limited to burglary and theft. 

PSYCHIATRIST – URGENT

need for a full-time psychiatrist for Healerites

Anonymous.  Must be able to handle

withdrawal symptoms from too much Healer addiction.   

OB/GYNE – Need

OB/Gyne

to attend to a growing number of women suffering from unexplained ovary

explosion.  These women are survivors

after the Monday and Tuesday telecast of Healer.

INTERNET REPORTER – Backfill

needed for Someday News since reporter plans on a sabbatical leave for an unknown period of time.  Rumors had it that she will be spending time on an island in the tropics.

Real Estate

FOR SALE – Bachelor’s

pad located in Seoul.  Industrial

design with concrete walls and high ceilings.  Fantastic city views. 

Highly secured area.  New owner

must be trained beforehand to navigate through the building before getting to

the unit and must be skilled in unlocking doors without using a key.

WANTED TO BUY – Tropical

island suitable to settle down an raise a family that would include 2 kids, a

dog, a cat and 3 goldfish. 

Rambling here for all these ideas.  I am sure there are other ideas from the group.  Thoughts?

What about the dream of MH to go in a place not very populated: alaska or I forgot the other place (when he had a glass of wine with his "girlfriend") --> could be used as publicity in the newspaper :) places to visit all aver the world :)

Guest tomoyo1010

cmoirae2 said:

Hi all, in line with my desire to assemble a newspaper that highlights the best moments of Healer from Soompi's point of view and given that we are at a crunch for time, i would like to solicit ideas and/or existing material from the group.  Feedback on the outline below would be greatly appreciated :-)

1.  Name of Newspaper - OneDay News (instead of SomeDay News).  At the right hand corner i will include Soompi stats - number of pages, number of postings, number of hits, # countries.  This would summarize in numbers how much support the drama has from the international community.  What other stats do we have data for and that we can include?

2.  Editorial/Opinion - what topics would you want to see in the editorial/opinion section?  Here are some ideas -

-  Editorial - views on how great a drama healer is overall.  Accolades to SJN, actors, director, production team.  This will summarize how this group feels about the drama.  I know a lot of you raved and ranted about healer and how it surpasses all other dramas you've viewed in the past.  if you would have material that already covers this topic, please send them my way.  Saves me time to skim through 900 pages :-).  I am also looking for a cartoon that will graphically represent the editorial narrative - do we have an artist/cartoonist in the group who can help with this?

-  Opinion Section (we can have several of these, would include reviews from favorite episodes, scenes.  What scenes would you want reviewed?  There's just so much discussion on the thread that i don't know what to start.  input from the group would be awesome. 

3.  Headline/News - ideas - Ahjumma starts looking for Healer replacement (with healer contemplating on retiring), Police investigates elevator accident, Police investigate illicit activities of SS Gang,  others?

4.  World News - shortage of oxygen tanks around the world, emotional breakdown anticipated world wide over conclusion of healer, global warming brought by sizzling chemistry of OTP, others?

5.  Lifestyle - Food - recipe for pollack soup CYS style, dating Healer style (rooftop scene), fashion - healer outfit, skull fashion by ahjumma, accessories - most fashionalbe neck accessory only exclusive to CYS - Healer, you may add more to add to this.  if you have photos, please send me the soompi link if possible

6.  Entertainment - Gossip - Office romance PBS/CYS, Reviews of OST (we have material on this from the thread - if you want yours included, please send me the soompi link to that post),  Dear Abby column, Humor - comic strip?

7.  Classified Ads - Here's what I have so far -

JOBS -

NIGHT COURIER/ ERRAND BOY  Must have excellent fighting skills, intuition, and beast like instincts.  Must be agile, nimble and be able to defy gravity  jumping on rooftops to beat traffic. Must secretly complete tasks assigned without questioning.  BIG PLUS - 50 cm shoulders; 6 pack abs; sexy and charming.  Will pay premium for the best candidate. 

BARISTA – Coffee Bay is looking for hardworking baristas.  Experience not required.  Open to all including reformed ex-convicts of crimes limited to burglary and theft. 

PSYCHIATRIST – URGENT need for a full-time psychiatrist for Healerites Anonymous.  Must be able to handle withdrawal symptoms from too much Healer addiction.   

OB/GYNE – Need OB/Gyne to attend to a growing number of women suffering from unexplained ovary explosion.  These women are survivors after the Monday and Tuesday telecast of Healer.

INTERNET REPORTER – Backfill needed for Someday News since reporter plans on a sabbatical leave for an unknown period of time.  Rumors had it that she will be spending time on an island in the tropics.

Real Estate

FOR SALE – Bachelor’s pad located in Seoul.  Industrial design with concrete walls and high ceilings.  Fantastic city views.  Highly secured area.  New owner must be trained beforehand to navigate through the building before getting to the unit and must be skilled in unlocking doors without using a key.

WANTED TO BUY – Tropical island suitable to settle down an raise a family that would include 2 kids, a dog, a cat and 3 goldfish. 

Rambling here for all these ideas.  I am sure there are other ideas from the group.  Thoughts?

@sanika and @AdelaM Here we go, 2 images and an audio file submitted.
For the video, it is about 60mb. Can it be send by mail or is it too heavy?

Please tell me if you need help (maybe for organizing some things or something else).

I'm so excited by this project =)) I hope it will serve to convey our thanks to all the staff that worked so so hard

And now I'll go back to wait for the preview :-/

@adelaM, we can feature this in the travel section - we can also include other places mentioned in the drama ... so it's alaska, somewhere in the south pacific (where did teacher go - did he go to tahiti?) ... i can also include recommended islands to settle down - maldives, bora bora, phuket ... what other paradise islands can we add to this?

Yeah! The island moru moru too :)

Here’s some things I’d like to say about the Director’s Cut DVD/Blu-ray. I hope this will answer some of the points that have been raised here.

First off, what I have been promoting here is the Director’s Cut DVD/BD of Healer that is being produced in South Korea. South Korea is a small country with about 50 million population. Most people have fast internet and live in cramped apartment buildings. That means, the market for DVDs or BDs is very small and limited. People are used to downloading or streaming. In fact, those who pay for DVDs or BDs are often seen crazy for wasting money. Thus, only hard-core Drama fans (드덕) buy DVDs or BDs to keep as a collection. In fact, Blu-ray is so uncommon in Korea that if you look at Healer DC Gallery’s posts lately, about 1/5 of the posts are questions/information about the format of BD: its resolution, what devices will play it, etc.

From the Production’s standpoint, there is no money in releasing their show on DVD/BD. In the past, they had often lost money by producing DVDs or BDs at all. That’s why when fans want their favorite drama to be released on DVD/BD, they have to work hard to convince the producers that it will be worthwhile. That is why my team (a group of fan volunteers spending our own money and time) has been organizing a website for gathering fan interest, doing the preliminary survey to give the producers an estimate of how many copies will be sold once they make the DVD/BD.

If fans don’t do it, they simply won’t produce them on DVD/BD in KOREA. Now, if the show is popular enough overseas, maybe the rights will be bought and somebody else may release DVDs or BDs. Look at Faith, for example. There was a team among Korean fans that organized to gather up fan interest, but it fell through for various reasons, so there is no official DVD/BD of Faith in Korea. It was officially released in Japan, and I’ve also seen a Malaysian version on Amazon and ebay, but Korean fans have NOTHING.

Now, the price is really high compared to what you normally see for DVDs and BDs in the US, but that’s because the US has a huge market, and the production cost can be diffused by the sheer numbers. The price is normal for Koreans, because the producers only make just the amount they think they can sell and the production cost is high. Especially with the BD, even after selling all 1,000 copies, they will only break even. From the production’s point of view, they’re doing the fans a huge favor by releasing it at all.

As an international fan, you can either choose to wait and see if some third party puts Healer on DVD/BD for US or Japan release (which may or may not have the same special features and gifts as the Director’s Cut), or you can bite the bullet and order it from YesAsia or Innolife. The fact that YesAsia is not shipping to the US or that the DVD excludes region 2 suggests the possibility of a future release in those regions, but they probably will only do that if they think they’ll make a profit out of it.

@cmoirae If the blu-ray pre-order sale does not make 1,000, it will be canceled and that doesn’t mean your order will change to DVD. You’ll just get your money refunded. As someone who ordered a blu-ray myself, I believe that we’ll make it happen as DC Gallers are promoting it hard. It’s in fact very unusual to have sold so many already when nothing of the special features or pre-order gifts have been decided. When Writer SJN approved of including the book-bound scripts for the entire drama, sales went up significantly. Also, many people are waiting to see the ending of the drama before placing their order.