Wang Ji Won 왕지원

larus

32 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

A big week for Ji Won this week - her Esquire magazine shoot came out, and her vampire-themed Web Drama, based on a webtoon I think, was officially confirmed. She was also number 2 on Daum's search list for much of the day. Her star is on the rise! :)

Thanks for the news.

Some pictures from the pictorial.

http://pds.joins.com/news/component/newsen/201604/29/201604291052251110_1.jpg

기사의 본문상단 이미지

source 1 2

• Like 1

They are lovely pix - the first one is the cover shot for the article on her and  I used it  as my Twitter DP since the text  was apt. :)

esq1.jpg

Since I'm very squeamish about blood and don't watch vampire Dramas, I won't be watching her Web Drama, but I made up for it by buying the digital magazine even though she'd already shared the shots - including the 2 which are my favourites

esq2.jpg

esq3.jpg

I like the pictorial very much.

I hate vampire movies,  dramas, whatever. Hope she plays a vampire. Forever young. :D If some scenes are available I can take a look but not watch the whole drama. 

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I like the pictorial very much.

I hate vampire movies,  dramas, whatever. Hope she plays a vampire. Forever young. :D If some scenes are available I can take a look but not watch the whole drama. 

Yep - I'm sure there will be plenty of screencaps around. I much prefer it when she plays a Unicorn, as in this photo taken by Yu Ha Jun :)

unicorn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She's SUPER busy right now - when she flew back to Seoul on Wednesday from shooting Immortal Goddess in Thailand, she didn't even go home, but went straight to the One Line set. And apparently, there may be word on another new project soon. This really could be her year! In the mean time, a dreamy shot from her time in Thailand

thai%20dance.jpg

I just LOVE how she always has time to be endearingly cute and silly, even on a pressure cooker shooting schedule: 

10 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

She's SUPER busy right now - when she flew back to Seoul on Wednesday from shooting Immortal Goddess in Thailand, she didn't even go home, but went straight to the One Line set. And apparently, there may be word on another new project soon. This really could be her year! In the mean time, a dreamy shot from her time in Thailand

Yeah, it seams that it is her year. Good luck to her.

I really love the picture from the pictorial you just posted. I love outdoor pictures and she was flawless in that white dress and barefoot.

6 hours ago, larus said:

Yeah, it seams that it is her year. Good luck to her.

I really love the picture from the pictorial you just posted. I love outdoor pictures and she was flawless in that white dress and barefoot.

Absolutely! A fresh favourite for me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Upcoming Korean Web-drama "Immortal Goddess"

photo720782.jpg

Added the upcoming Korean Web-drama "Immortal Goddess"'s page to HanCinema database

"Immortal Goddess" (2016)

Directed by Kim Hong-ik, Yoon Joo-hwan

With Wang Ji-won, Jae Hee, Park Hee-jin, Lee Joo-yeon-I,...

Synopsis
The fantasy romance comedy Web-drama depicts stories happening among four characters: Yoo-ri, a vampire with antibody for Acquired Immune Deficit Disorder, her younger sister 'Jo-in', a superstar Soo-jeong, who is also a vampire and looking for Yoo-ri, and a genius film director.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2016/06

source: Hancinema

• Like 1

The best part from this web drama is that she plays an Immortal Goddess. :w00t: Maybe it will be fun despite the vampire characters. If the drama will be available I will take a look to see what it is about. 

Wang Ji Won at the The Handmaid VIP premiere, May 27.

20160528175235_P_00_C_1_330.jpg

20160530174210266.jpg

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201605/sp20160528235013136730.htm

• Like 1

Another shot in that white dress - this time on a beach, at some ssuitably vampirish dawn/dusk time. It's also her own Kakao Talk profile pic.

beach.jpg

Well, that was disappointing - the download link only grabbed 360p. Still, I do love the song. Hope to be able to share some special photos early next week too :) 

Yay! The gifts we bought her have been delivered! So far, she's posted  a photo of the bouquet- definitely the prettiest and least prosaic of the three. :D

wjwfangift.jpg

This was the box she received yesterday

all3.jpg

The Adidas were a pair of slippers, with a note asking her to wear them on set [but presumably off-camera :)] at her next project . And the other gift was a black Starbucks card. Apt since the thought of giving anyone Starbucks made my heart black, but it's her favourite, apparently. 

starbucks.jpg

I am once again reminded of the Sesame Street ditto when I see that list of names - only 1 of those people can't actually READ what the card says. :D

Halfway though Immortal Goddess, it's clear that it's not going to win any cinematic artistry awards. But it's a real feast for  the eyes of any Ji Won fan, and it's ALL  about her, so I'm happy. It's also the very first time I've heard her laugh in character, having seen everything she's ever done 

There is  A LOT of PPL in Immortal Goddess, like  A LOT A LOT .But what's surprised (and delighted ) me most is that  by far the number one "product" being advertised is Ji Won herself. I'm watching unsubbed of course, but it really seems the actual "plot" of the story is "Wang Ji Won is "really, really ridiculously good looking" I'm going to post some screencaps here, hopefully no one minds:

JiWonIG01.png

JiWonIG02.pngJiWonIG03.png