Wang Ji Won 왕지원

larus

larus said: WOW, good news. I think he will play in SBS drama Divorce Lawyer In Love who airs in March. I already started a thread for this drama because I want to watch it and now I have an extra motivation. I skiped her latest drama but this time we are on the same page.  :D She announced the news on her Instagram and  we`ll have more details about her role, maybe tomorrow in... official news.

stuartjmz said:
As you say, some WJW is better than none, and since it's a weekender, the chances are good that the ratings will be solid, resulting in prolonged positive exposure for her that might help advance her career. I just hope her role isn't a negative one, because my noona crush, the oh so yummy Kim Seong Ryeong, will be the negative lead in a weekender at the same time, and I don't both  of them to be baddies. :D

stuartjmz said:As you say, some WJW is better than none, and since it's a weekender, the chances are good that the ratings will be solid, resulting in prolonged positive exposure for her that might help advance her career. I just hope her role isn't a negative one, because my noona crush, the oh so yummy Kim Seong Ryeong, will be the negative lead in a weekender at the same time, and I don't want both  of them to be baddies. :D

• Like 1

stuartjmz said:
What network is Divorce Lawyers on? Because Modern Farmer  was on cable, so those numbers fit very well with the phrase I used, "solid".  The slump in rated viewership is affecting weekend viewing too, as can be seen from the fact that Legendary Witch getting close to 30% was considered newsworthy. That's why I said "solid" not "spectacular" or the like. If on cable, anywhere in the 3-6% range would be very acceptable.

• Like 1

Wang Ji-won to join cast of Divorce Lawyer in Love by javabeans | January 20, 2015 | 15 Comments

wangjiwon_20.jpg

Divorce Lawyer in Love is slated to be a March drama, so it’s ramping up pre-production, starting with the cast: After confirming Jo Yeo-jung (Haeundae Lovers) as the lead and courting Yeon Woo-jin (Marriage Not Dating), they’re looking to cast second leads, and Wang Ji-won is the first name to be added to the list. Her casting isn’t finalized yet but she has acknowledged being in the final stages of negotiations, so I expect this to come through. Full article: Dramabeans

• Like 1

stuartjmz said: She posted  this to her IG within the last 15 minutes, after the first shooting for her new Drama. Demonstrating my world-champion skill level at the ancient art of "clutching at straws", I'm gonna say that her longer, softer do will hopefully mean a less edgy and more likeable second lead role for her this time. Even though the odds of that are probably worse than the odds of me partnering her in a pas de deux.

stuartjmz said: Her latest IG post is a  fun shot of her skateboarding, but I was especially pleased to see a couple of familiar names tagged in it. It's nice that the  hell  live shooting does often seem to generate real bonds between actors. 
EDIT: When I identified all the tags, I was touched that it was basically the entire INR3  gang there. Nearly a year after it finished, and with a Drama in the meantime and one on the way, that the lot of them still hang out for fun was an "awww" moment 

stuartjmz said:Although that makes sense, and is a litlle less happy, if this is a nostalgic "we should do this again" kind of photo, then it actually doesn't change my primary reaction. She has not posted a similar photo from FTLY or Another Parting and in the process of identifying all the tags, I recognised Yoon Seung Ah as a regular commenter on her IG posts. So it's clear that the cast of INR3 did bond in a way that's not automatiucally the case for all Dramas. 

• 2 weeks later...