[drama 2004] Tale Of The Nine Tale Fox 구미호 외전

Guest chibikko

i finished this last night ... and i surprisingly LOVED it.

i've already told my friends that they can make fun of me for liking a fantasy drama but darn it i loved every episode of it! :sweatingbullets:

i liked how complex the drama was.

there's no clear distinction of who's the good guy/bad guy between humans and foxes. both races had strong reasons to fight for survival but most are blinded with their prejudice against each other.

i was torn whether chief elder and the SCIS director used the fox warriors and minwoo for their personal agendas or they acted as instruments to let everyone's destiny happen.

i just loved how the drama didn't clearly give me a side to take and question everything that was happening! :sweatingbullets:

this is the second KTH drama i've seen. i'm not sure if it's a good thing or not but she's got some powerful eyes! i swear, she could pierce the audience with her stares. (my friend warned me of KTH in Stairway to Heaven, hehe).

but i have to agree, KTH is a pretty girl :)

JHJ looked the best here, compared to Love Letter and Only You. must be the buzz cutt! my favorite JHJ scene was when he was sitting in the dark, crying over his sister's death.

as for junjin. i thought he did fair. moo young was supposed to be stoic ... up until the finale when he confronted his mother. it's hard for me to pick on junjin. i loved moo young - such an honorable man.

han ye sul - ahhh i loved her! i haven't hated an "evil girl" since All About Eve. she's pretty too.

and i think han ye sul and junjin would make a hot couple. so much tension. i was secretly waiting for moo young ang chae to hook up :lol:

i liked Rang too. very likeable ... and i loved his style.

as for UTW ... his character didn't shine as much as the others. but we all know how he's so much popular now so the man has proven he's got talent :D

the lady who played the chief elder: she always creeps me out :unsure: must be that nose ... :phew:

my favorite scenes:

moo young playing the cello

topless moo young

when the fox warriors + chief and the SCIS met (moo young in leather, woo hoo!) and si yon showed up without her mask. minwoo was shocked!

the minwoo-moo young fight in the finale

final words: i loved the drama. and oohhh i love the OST too. i'm making "Always" (Instrumental) my ringtone :wub:

PS. thank you to those who posted the links for BTS. i'm going to check those out!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chula, I'm glad you watched this one and loved it. I've read of many people not particularly interested to watch this at first but they gave it a try and surprisingly it exceeded their expectations. Most love it but probably won't sit through it again for a long while cause the whole drama is just so sad :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, New Information on the decision to broadcast Nine Tale Fox again on Japan's "SKYPerfecTV! KBS WORLD"!!

credit blog.goo.ne.jp/kimtaehee-kimtaehee

38f124a1080f6a493511b20f1deaf7bcrg5.jpg

^^ BTS pic on the day they filmed the engagement

Broadcasting again from 2006/9/20 on Japan's SKYPerfecTV! KBS WORLD (Ch.791)!!

- The information origin : here.

- KBS WORLD homepage: here.

- Gumiho homepage (Korean) : here.

I was curious about this drama and i like the cast..and i only managed to get it now..cool..

Just on my 2nd episode..somehow i am enjoying this.....ooh..Jo HyunJae and the ever hot sultry Junjin.. :rolleyes: Lots of nasty flying stunts n stuff..awesome..and Kim Tae Hee's quite impressive here..yeah.. :)

chula, I'm glad you watched this one and loved it. I've read of many people not particularly interested to watch this at first but they gave it a try and surprisingly it exceeded their expectations. Most love it but probably won't sit through it again for a long while cause the whole drama is just so sad :sweatingbullets:

syah4brit - to be honest, i didn't expect much from the drama because it's fantasy. i thought i'd find it corny and just speed watch (fast-forward) it!

i wouldn't mind watching it again. i thought the finale happened so fast ... i looked away for a second and the next thing i see was KTH dying. :o

inez, i'm sure you're going to enjoy this :D

syah4brit - to be honest, i didn't expect much from the drama because it's fantasy. i thought i'd find it corny and just speed watch (fast-forward) it!

i wouldn't mind watching it again. i thought the finale happened so fast ... i looked away for a second and the next thing i see was KTH dying. :o

Actually, at first I didn't expect much frm this too but some pple were recommending it cause it's not always tht you can see such fantasy kinda dramas like this in Korea. I'm glad I did watch this :phew: though it made me cry at the end :P I just feel sad for most of the characters, well except Chief Elder Fox :lol: the characters can't smile cause they have nothing much to smile abt anyway. So much responsibility for some of them, so much memories of the past that they can't let go.... I expected KTH to die but I didn't expect the rest of the warriors to die too :tears:

Guest ice_cryst

Actually, at first I didn't expect much frm this too but some pple were recommending it cause it's not always tht you can see such fantasy kinda dramas like this in Korea. I'm glad I did watch this :phew: though it made me cry at the end :P I just feel sad for most of the characters, well except Chief Elder Fox :lol: the characters can't smile cause they have nothing much to smile abt anyway. So much responsibility for some of them, so much memories of the past that they can't let go.... I expected KTH to die but I didn't expect the rest of the warriors to die too :tears:

The genre of fantasy rarely offer impressive stories, but this one marked its originality among others, simple but binds that undeniable "mysterious force". It's action packed graced by amazing flying stunts and fight scenes, but have depicted the love between Siyon and Minwoo as the baseline of the drama excellently. :D

I love this action-drama-love, though JHJ and KTH doesn't have that superb chemistry, at least they does well in portraying the love of the two main characters. And yes chula, her eyes can kill you...it can acutally melt you... :D

• 1 month later...

Just finished watch this series. I like it.

I love Moo Young, he is so cool.

While watching it, I keep hoping that he does not change and become evil because Shi Yon doesn't love him, and until the end he still the same like the beginning, kind and loving. That makes me love him more and more.

He even save Min Woo.

He is my hero. And like at the end when min woo said 'it is now i know what is tragic love is. When you have to kill your loved one'. (i dont remember the exact word)

Too bad that he does not have many fighting scene, it said that he is very good. I wish he has more fighting scene. I like the battle scene MY & MW.

And for KTH and JHJ, their chemistry not too good.

My Question:

Last episode when the SICS attack the museum, where are the other warrior, I think the chief leader has 2 more female warrior (they killed 2 elder). Where the hell are they? Otherwise SJ might not be dead.

When SY & MY die, how we suppose to know other fox won't need to eat liver again? Hehehe i know we just can assume that all fox become human.

I wish MY does not have to die, but if he lives than he might suffer more.

Guest chibimarukochan

inez, i'm sure you're going to enjoy this :D

ohhh i was thinking the same thing! :( i actually really liked this drama too...most people i know who've seen it didn't like it though. i looked forward to every single episode of this. at first i only watched it because junjin was in it ...but then i found myself actually starting to like this drama a lot...i started to watch it every day...not only was it sad...but some parts were pretty funny too. :sweatingbullets: kang minwoo's elder colleague is quite a funny guy, i saw him in 'my name is kim sam soon' too. XD

i still feel like this series hasn't realyl ended. it finished way too fast! there's something missing! ahhh >.<

hi chibimarukochan,

u r not alone in liking this drama a lot, my bf thinks this is his fav kdrama ever (coz KTH), he likes the chef fr MNIKSS a lot too in this drama and he's listenin to the OST ALL THE TIME!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mindy1027

i just finished watching the drama.. it was so good.. .jun jin <3 ... i just fell in love with moo young's character.

minwoo got on my nerves sometimes. its like when he tries to fight someone he gets knocked out in one hit.. haha... but moo young needs more fight scenes! my favorite scenes was jun jin playing the cello, the final fight scene, the final scene of rang with chae, and the chae saving moo young as she holds the blade in between her hands and gets stabbed instead and her final words.

wow.. i really turned out to like this drama. at first i thought it was a bit corny but then i loved it. will watch again =]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ejkimxd91

i started watching this series and i like it alot. esp JHJ and KTH.

can sumone upload ep 9 with eng subs thats not megaupload?

Guest shinirza

Anyway, New Information on the decision to broadcast Nine Tale Fox again on Japan's "SKYPerfecTV! KBS WORLD"!!

credit blog.goo.ne.jp/kimtaehee-kimtaehee

38f124a1080f6a493511b20f1deaf7bcrg5.jpg

^^ BTS pic on the day they filmed the engagement

Broadcasting again from 2006/9/20 on Japan's SKYPerfecTV! KBS WORLD (Ch.791)!!

- The information origin : here.

- KBS WORLD homepage: here.

- Gumiho homepage (Korean) : here.

when i look at this pic, i was like 'why uhm taewoong is there?'

then i remember he was in it too

one of the fox people

i love junjin in this too

poor him didnt get get her

so is hyunjae oppa

him and kimtaehee unnie make a good couple

Guest badhairday

awww... i miss this series. my two fave actors are here. sharing a BTS photo:

nine1cx7.jpg

credit: geocities.com/johyunjae0401

I really like KTH with JHJ... a little more so than KTH with Kim Rae Won. I thought Tae Hee and HyunJae had wonderful chemistry. This drama is one of my top 5 fave drama because it's just so different. I like the dark mood as well.... not all drama has to be light and full of fluff. Sometimes, I like the heavy and dark stuff as well.

Guest s3rene

I really like KTH with JHJ... a little more so than KTH with Kim Rae Won. I thought Tae Hee and HyunJae had wonderful chemistry. This drama is one of my top 5 fave drama because it's just so different. I like the dark mood as well.... not all drama has to be light and full of fluff. Sometimes, I like the heavy and dark stuff as well.

KTH and JHJ had awesome chemistry but it was a shame they did not end up together. :( This drama had the best osts, so romantic and beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest weirdshortiexP

omg just watched some of the clips on youtube

AHH

i wanna watch it so bad!

but since it was in 2004

no one has the episodes right?

or does someone have the episodes?

Archived