[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

9angels said: Without subtitle yet, this might help to understand SY confession towards SH.. Previously, Se Young and Suk Hoon went on a business trip together. That night, Se Young called him out and confessed that she likes him. She said, “I keep thinking about you and then I miss you. Then when I see you, I want to know you. My brain keeps telling me that I’m crazy but my heart keeps ignoring my brain. I said to myself that time will solve the problem but it keeps getting worse. I’m truly sorry for you and your wife.” Se Young continued, “I’m so embarrassed. I want to go back to Seoul right now but I’m holding it in.” As she tried to leave, Suk Hoon stopped her and said, “You have to listen to what I’m going to say.” He then said, “I do like you as well. I keep thinking about you, keep wanting to see you and keep wanting to know you. I feel the same way as you do. But that’s it. I feel no more than that. I have Hong Joo(played by Park Ha Sun) next to me and I love her.”

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to cheat on someone doesn't necessarily mean you have to have physical contact....you can also emotionally cheat which is what SH is doing. He has no inclination of saving his marriage...so the pointless fact that he got mad because HJ was drunk with MW reminds me a lot of the thai dramas...it's ok for the guy to cheat but not the woman...Sh has that mentality.

I am though still wondering once the divorce is settled and they've moved on....whose going to pay the price of SY/SH because folks...this is a melo not a rom-com which means someone is going to pay dearly! I think it's HJ bro's blossoming romance that is going to his like a ton of bricks.

Though according to Wikipedia (I teach my students never to use Wiki as fact, but I love what it says about MW)
For the sake of his wife and child, Seok-hoon makes a crucial choice and takes the deal. But his strange relationship with Se-young soon jeopardizes his marriage, while Min-woo sincerely starts to change upon meeting and falling for Hong-joo.

But they mention child...I wonder a possible scenario...that HJ becomes prego after the divorce (As you can tell I'm hell bent on them divorcing), but that sounds like a Lakorn not Kdrama, but still I'd love to see it happen.

Guest kaddict92

@CarmenNicolae Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm so sick of seeing her mope. At least when she was babysitting Roy I could still understand. And honestly today I feel so bad for Roy. Gosh, the little girls are so mean to him. I feel such a bad cookie for wanting SY/SH ship. Their scenes today are so so squeal-worthy. :c I know people don't like SY/SH as much and their relationship is corrupted but I don't know...I just like them together :C 

Guest SherryJ

Triton823 said: to cheat on someone doesn't necessarily mean you have to have physical contact....you can also emotionally cheat which is what SH is doing. He has no inclination of saving his marriage...so the pointless fact that he got mad because HJ was drunk with MW reminds me a lot of the thai dramas...it's ok for the guy to cheat but not the woman...Sh has that mentality.

I am though still wondering once the divorce is settled and they've moved on....whose going to pay the price of SY/SH because folks...this is a melo not a rom-com which means someone is going to pay dearly! I think it's HJ bro's blossoming romance that is going to his like a ton of bricks.

Though according to Wikipedia (I teach my students never to use Wiki as fact, but I love what it says about MW)
For the sake of his wife and child, Seok-hoon makes a crucial choice and takes the deal. But his strange relationship with Se-young soon jeopardizes his marriage, while Min-woo sincerely starts to change upon meeting and falling for Hong-joo.

But they mention child...I wonder a possible scenario...that HJ becomes prego after the divorce (As you can tell I'm hell bent on them divorcing), but that sounds like a Lakorn not Kdrama, but still I'd love to see it happen.

Guest pat19

Hello Everyone

New to this board and am following this discussion, which some are highly intelligent and insightful, as closely as the drama itself.  We all have our opinions as to who is at fault but here's my two cents worth on what has taken place up until the end of chapter 7. (watched episode 7 raw with my very limited to non existent Korean)

My biggest beef with SH was not him accepting the proposal but what he did not do after coming back from Hong Kong.  HJ had just tried to commit suicide and him accepting the proposal had only made the situation worst adding to her insecurities and mental instability.  Once SH got back from HK his biggest concern and only concern should have been the well being of HJ, no matter how tough she was going to make it for him he should have put her immediate needs above everything else.  SH should have dragged her to the nearest psychiatrist for counselling to ensure that she gets immediate medical support follow by all his love and care.  I know that HJ was being all nasty but in her fragile mental state of being SH should have thought and acted for her as it was in her best interest and that of their marriage.  I know that some of you ladies don't like the idea of a man thinking and acting on your behalf, but if my wife my in that kind of situation I would have done anything necessary and wouldn't give a rat's richard simmons as to what other people think. :)

My beef with HJ...this is going to be long so take a seat folks..

Sigh, the little sympathy I had for HJ is gone. HJ isn't/hasn't trying/tried to fix the problems in her marriage and now she's also emotionally cheating. I can't take pity on someone who doesn't even try and blames everyone else, plus by involving third parties only makes the situation worse. She shot her marriage in the leg and now has gone mad wondering how it gained the limp. Sure SH isn't innocent but you can't say he never tried.

@nabuta2...this being a melo....I wouldn't put all my eggs into the basket of happiness at the end of this....they either have some messed up drugged induced ending  that makes no sense....a woman who married thrice anybody!? or someone dies...shark....either way...not going to be happy ending.

I did find it rather interesting when MW figured out that it was SY causing all the problems...I do see him going against SY in the near future which will once again pit SH against HJ.

Guest SherryJ

@Triton823

I wholeheartedly agree!

KSW + CJW and a happy ending wont make any sense (as much as I want it) :P

I think we are in for an open ending, where SY and SH separate then fate reunites them (it is a Kdrama after all!) or someone dies. TBH as soon as I learned that CJW and KSW will be working together again, I braced myself for either one of their character to die in the other's arms haha STH anyone :( especially with SY's health condition (they may take it as far as they can)..

But I would do anything to see something play out differently this time around!

@moony94,

I will not able to put the trust on SH also if I'm on HJ's shoes. But it does not have any relation with SY for me. SY did nothing wrong in this case.

HJ should hv ideal way to prevent this thing become worst. But, HJ is the reason SH doing that kind of thinggy (Try to be close with SY to prove it to HJ).

When SH said, "trust him" for the very beginning of this problem arise, she should do that. I will do the same thing. Plus, SY also did mentioned that they just met coincidentially.

Now, SY hv no hidden card on her. Its make me ship them more (SY & SH). Kk Kk :D

Sigh, the little sympathy I had for HJ is gone. HJ isn't/hasn't trying/tried to fix the problems in her marriage and now she's also emotionally cheating. I can't take pity on someone who doesn't even try and blames everyone else, plus by involving third parties only makes the situation worse. She shot her marriage in the leg and now has gone mad wondering how it gained the limp. Sure SH isn't innocent but you can't say he never tried.

Agreed. Totally agreed. Infact, she tried to make worst thing to prove to SH that she also can do that thing. Revenge is never ending girl.

@triton823‌ I understand that because it's a melo, it will not be a happy ending ....but since there are 2 couples, we can only hope that one will not work out (MW and SH) and one will (SY and SH )

@sherryj. I too think it will be an open ending but then again there's a possibility that all of them will stay single.

Aside from watching it for CJW and KSW....I also like the relationship between MW and SY, and I hate seeing their frenemy relationship going sour. Their relationship was enjoyable.

For MW to defend or avenge HJ just wouldn't make sense, he's a player who committed too many sins against his wife. He has no right. I wouldn't find it convincing. "A player will always be a player". HJ is just a temporary toy until he gets bored of her.

actually from what is coming down the pipe...I am looking forward to MW/SY friendship to sour because Sy technically instigated this even though SH agreed to this. As to MW defending HJ I think it makes perfect sense in that HJ regardless of what we may think...the writer has made HJ (Again regardless to what we may think) the innocent victim who is going to be burned by her husband's betrayal so SH gets his sugar momma but for a time.

This is kdrama so "a player will always be a player" doesn't fit in the narrative here...seen plenty where the second male leads who are complete jerks or players (Noble Woman anyone) who comes out to the one character you wind up rooting for. I don't think MW is going to seduce or attempt anything with HJ, but he is going to see something in her that he hasn't seen in anyone before therefore will change him to be a better father minute the soon to be ex wife.

I'm in agreement though that I think in the end it's still going to be SH/HJ (To my utmost disdain) because although most of us wants a completely different ending I think ultimately this will go the route of "One Warm Word". SH/HJ will separate to everyone approval, but eventually they both will miss each other and start drifting back to one another as the Poem states, "You don't know what you got until it's Gone".

I do have a fishy feeling SY might die though...

I also agree that hj and mw shouldn't have anything romantic going on btw them. Or else i will hate hj big time for that. Mw is clearly cheated to his wife and had a son with another woman. If HJ is willing to accept him knowing he was that kind of person then what does she learn from her rocky marriage. At least she should have chose a better person than SH. Hj should despise mw more than any person giving her situation with the husband. Like i will hate any guy who is cheating to his wife if i am experiencing the hurt and betrayal. But surprisingly she cut mw some slack. I just don't understand hj starting episode 1 until now. If divorce is their solution, i'd rather have hj be alone and become successful in her life. But i don't think that we will hear the divorce call anytime soon. If every marriage is to dissolve just because your husband had another woman in his mind then i think there will be more divorcees than the married couple in this world. Hj and sh marriage still can be saved. Sh has not commit adultery or something sinful with sy. He is just shaken and attracted to her. And who is to blame. Our ceo is really attractive :P . Like i've said before, hj need to respond. Don't mend the broken heart alone. Discuss it with the husband. Sh is rejecting sy and it's suppose to be a good sign for the marriage. Just work it out.

Archived