[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

Honestly we are at epidode 6 and still the story is unpredictable.....I love that it's making us guess.

I hate to say it, but I think "single status" will be the ending for each character. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

I just know that I don't want anyone dying lol.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@chajoowon that's a good point , even though  SY likes SH there is no way she'll ever confess her feelings or even try to imply indirectly  (unless things go out of hand completely) as she doesn't want to ruin the way he sees her maybe , what i find fascinating is how in HJ's eyes SY is seducing her husband , while in reality SY's being seduced by her own feelings and she's actually trying to resist instead of going after him . SH is trying to prove a point to himself and his wife but the thing is SY's feelings are getting involved in the process , and the outcome worries me kind of .

Guest LadyAra

class="at_ttl"‘Temptation’ Choi Ji Woo’s fashion: minimal chic

By Staff Writer | Jul 30, 2014 09:27 AM EDT

CHoi Ji Woo

Actress Choi Ji Woo's workaholic CEO fashion is grabbing the attention of the audiences. On the new SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' actress Choi Ji Woo plays Yoo Sae Young, CEO of a big company. Unlike her other previous dramas, in this drama, Choi Ji Woo plays a cold, workaholic CEO of a big company, and wears simple and modern office looks, using limited clolrs such as royal blue, black and white. Choi Ji Woo in one of the episodes wore a jumpsuit by Louis Vuitton. Choi Ji Woo is known for selecting her clothes based on the season's collections. In related news, the SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' tells a story of a man, who is on the verge of the end of his life, accepting an irresistibly fascinating offer. The drama chronicles the man's journey after accepting the offer, and his journey for true love. The SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' premiered this Monday. [more]

@moony94 SH isn't trying to prove anything to HJ. SH is trying to prove to SY that SH/HJ can weather whatever she throws at them, but as I have said SH didn't expect HJ reaction. SY and SH both agreed to allow SY to go and try to destroy the marriage hench the metaphor of the house built on sand...these two agreed to it.

but as @chajoowon stated SH agreed to it so the failure of his marriage is on him not SY. SY just gave him the golden egg and he took it and ran with it.

As momma always says never bargin with the devil because he wins every time which is what SH had done.

Guest chajoowon

moony94 said: @chajoowon that's a good point , even though  SY likes SH there is no way she'll ever confess her feelings or even try to imply indirectly  (unless things go out of hand completely) as she doesn't want to ruin the way he sees her maybe , what i find fascinating is how in HJ's eyes SY is seducing her husband , while in reality SY's being seduced by her own feelings and she's actually trying to resist instead of going after him . SH is trying to prove a point to himself and his wife but the thing is SY's feelings are getting involved in the process , and the outcome worries me kind of .

@narda -- may be too early to say but Ji Sun (Min Woo's wife) seems to be a pragmatist; she knows that she can no longer have kids and yet her mother-in-law is pestering her for a son. so Roy solves the problem. also, while she is stressed that he may find another woman, she is also aware of his tendencies and there is a kind of weariness about it. for her Roy does not seem to be cause of the problem; he is simply a result of MW's philandering and she is more or less accepted that MW will not change and this is their life..so there is no need to take out her frustration on the child. from her conversations with MW, it seems like as long as MW gives the girls what is due, she will not interfere with Roy and will ensure that Roy is taken care of. so if MW fails to fulfill the end of his bargain, then it becomes a problem for Roy....

as for the eldest daughter resenting Roy, it actually seems realistic. in real life, there are many families where the daughter is sidelined for the son and this can cause great ill feeling and intense rivalry among the siblings. here, Roy is her half brother which in itself is enough of a shocker and to top it off, her grandmother loves him and so does her dad. both are willing to give their time to Roy while these girls were kind of an after-thought. some children take it to heart while others just move their attention elsewhere...the middle child seems to be a pragmatist like Jin Sun and so will likely just ignore Roy but the eldest is going to beat him up at some point....

P.S ~ am looking forward to verbal battles between HJ and Jin Sun...

regarding your other question @narda
<<
I wonder why SY overworked herself since she was young?I know she's the eldest and was trained about the business from the get-go but did she at least "desired" to have her own family? It seems to me she only thought about it when the gynecologist warned her of her medical condition.>>it seems to be a bit of mystery but think there was some sort of financial crisis or health crisis with the father where she had to step in and it was one of those situations where she had to sacrifice her dreams, her youth and her marriage prospects for the financial well-being of the family.. when the dad was punishing the younger sister (agree with you; her scenes are rather annoying at this point), he said that SY joined the company even when she was younger than the younger sister and the only reason the younger sister gets to have this extravagant lazy lifestyle is thanks to the hard work of SY... so it seemed like the company itself may have been small or struggling and then she stepped in and brought this family up to the current status. now according to here: early menopause is when the women is under 40. so SY has to be her in her late 30s or so and attorney choi worked with her for 14 years and so from her twenties, she has been slogging at work ....

@Triton823 that doesn't need proof anymore , after the rain scene its clear SH has decided to distant himself from HJ to test whether they can survive what comes along if not then they can part ways , note that he has already considered the possibility of their separation , thus he cannot challenge SY anymore since his relationship is already shaky , now instead he wants to test his relationship with HJ  for their own marriage's sake , he is not playing it with SY , coz he himself is taken a back by his sudden interest in her .

So now it's SH testing HJ? I don't see that and don't buy that. SY being the loner that she is decided to have some fun with a couple by "testing" them. SH made a consciousness decision that ultimately destroys his marriage and in the end I hope gives him a false happiness.

SH is distancing himself isn't to test HJ, like all married couple arguments when one leaves isn't to test a spouse, but to give breathing room, but I think this breathing room will be more destructive than constructive because now you see him smiling at texts from SY and ignoring HJ's.  If that's the case it's only making her doubt increase.

I'd love nothing more than to pile on blame to SY but the actress and character is simply out of this world though I hate the character that deliberately attempts to destroy a persons marriage. That all SY had to do was smile at SH and both SH/HJ crumbled now that is a character I can root for that has the power to do that.

Ultimately, both SH/HJ will come out of this a better person who understands each other and become stronger, but then someone mentioned they might end up alone which I can see coming since this is a melo....haven't seen a melo with a happy ending have you?

What about this scenario:

HJ is a nurse for a reason, so could there be a possiblity that it will play a role when/if SY gets sick?  Is it possible that both SH and SY will develop a friendship, where possibly (if SY gets pregnant by SH) HJ will raise the child as her own?   HJ has a weak body, so she is having difficulty with her pregnancies.   I hope it does play it out this way, its not an original.   

I just realized something :)

Both SY and HJ are not tempting the men or even trying to seduce them.  SY, even though she is thinking of SH, has not taken one initiative move of seduction.  Its all psychological and her thoughts, but not once did she pursue her  attraction to him

Same with HJ, MW is the one who is using Roy to get close to HJ.   He is a player, so I don't see him being sincere in his feeling (and he better not be, he's married with 4 KIDS). 

nabuta2 said:

What about this scenario:

HJ is a nurse for a reason, so could there be a possiblity that it will play a role when/if SY gets sick?  Is it possible that both SH and SY will develop a friendship, where possibly (if SY gets pregnant by SH) HJ will raise the child as her own?   HJ has a weak body, so she is having difficulty with her pregnancies.   I hope it does play it out this way, its not an original.   

I just realized something :)

Both SY and HJ are not tempting the men or even trying to seduce them.  SY, even though she is thinking of SH, has not taken one initiative move of seduction.  Its all psychological and her thoughts, but not once did she pursue her  attraction to him

Same with HJ, MW is the one who is using Roy to get close to HJ.   He is a player, so I don't see him being sincere in his feeling (and he better not be, he's married with 4 KIDS). 

I have been thinking about elements of this drama which are not clear to me and reading much speculation about. Is SY seducing SH or not? Did she want to break up that couple or not?  What was her true purpose in making that offer? What is SY's background? Why has she not married? Was her heart broken by MW or someone else in the past and she swore off men? Does she want a baby now that her bio clock is running out?  Was the marriage between HJ and SH having problems before they went on the run to Hong Kong? Much speculation but not clear. We know HJ lost a baby about 6 years ago, and she feels she cannot fulfill her husband as his wife without bearing a child. He denied that it was important.  We can see how loving she is to Roy and how Roy responds to her.  She has strong maternal instincts.  Will the writers tell us more and build on these themes?  I am still confused by SY and that last scene where she becomes so girly and scared, it just seemed so unlike her.  And I found her shoes analogy to having a right to another woman's husband, offensive and to me equating objects and humans disgusting. So I don't get her,  Not sure really who she is.  

@nabuta2 - Sorry! I watched this scene (they meet conidententally at the hotel) and I swear - the look on his face left me confused. It's the same look he had in Hong Kong when SY mentioned the whole "wave" thing! He looks like he wants to strangle her or he's disgusted with her. Or he can't believe what she's saying? insomnia.gif
angrySH.jpg

So I was trying to figure out why he looked so angry and that the thought that he's playing SY popped into my head. I'm just thinking out loud and wondered if anyone else thought of that. I'm most likely wrong so don't pay any attention to me. (I never get this stuff right - LOL)
@wutmuvi - Oh, I see it did occur to someone else! I do wonder if SH is out for revenge since SY basically attacked his pride, his beliefs and his marriage but I just had another thought - what if that's his original plan, to get revenge but...he falls for SY for real? I should stop my imagination before you guys kick me out of this thread. out.gif

@Lmangla - Great points about the kids, you're spot on. I too think MW's wife will put her girls first but don't necessarily think that will harm Roy in any way. The only family member I see being cruel to Roy is the older sister. 
@Triton823 - I don't think it was SY's smile that had that much power in Hong Kong, it was her money. I do agree SY decided to "test" this couple for whatever reason. (she's bored, she wanted to have fun, she's jealous of their relationship, she doesn't like "idealistic" people, etc) but I still firmly disagree with it, she had no right whatsoever. 
After watching 5 & 6, I strangely find myself rooting for HJ and MW. =))  I'm obviously confused. 

tessieroo said: @nabuta2 - Sorry! I watched this scene (they meet conidententally at the hotel) and I swear - the look on his face left me confused. It's the same look he had in Hong Kong when SY mentioned the whole "wave" thing! He looks like he wants to strangle her or he's disgusted with her. Or he can't believe what she's saying? insomnia.gif
angrySH.jpg

So I was trying to figure out why he looked so angry and that the thought that he's playing SY popped into my head. I'm just thinking out loud and wondered if anyone else thought of that. I'm most likely wrong so don't pay any attention to me. (I never get this stuff right - LOL)
@wutmuvi - Oh, I see it did occur to someone else! I do wonder if SH is out for revenge since SY basically attacked his pride, his beliefs and his marriage but I just had another thought - what if that's his original plan, to get revenge but...he falls for SY for real? I should stop my imagination before you guys kick me out of this thread. out.gif

@Lmangla - Great points about the kids, you're spot on. I too think MW's wife will put her girls first but don't necessarily think that will harm Roy in any way. The only family member I see being cruel to Roy is the older sister. 
@Triton823 - I don't think it was SY's smile that had that much power in Hong Kong, it was her money. I do agree SY decided to "test" this couple for whatever reason. (she's bored, she wanted to have fun, she's jealous of their relationship, she doesn't like "idealistic" people, etc) but I still firmly disagree with it, she had no right whatsoever. 
After watching 5 & 6, I strangely find myself rooting for HJ and MW. =))  I'm obviously confused. 

for a drama in this genre, usually they spend a whole lot of time talking and literally nothing happens...
but here, quite a lot has happened in 6 episodes. hope it continues to move this way. :)

here's a brief summary:
ep 1:
bankrupt man; wife attempts suicide; cryptic proposal made and accepted

ep 2:
proposal turns out to not include bed services; work, wife is mad; wife hangs out with shark; queen and soldier bye bye

ep 3:
babysitter nurse; Roy-Joy verbal spar; awkward meeting again; laughing over wine

ep 4:
fight and separation; trusted lawyer ally leaves; queen faints and soldier to the rescue; meeting in the hospital

ep 5:
alien verbal battle; tempted by a tip off; sharing with friend; job application

ep 6:
sending text to crush; the shark sends out feelers; sparkly shoes verbal battle; the barley search

not bad right for a drama in this subject... stuff is actually happening!

xxxzxxx said: @hazelzerone.

"However I was stunned that someone said here, stating something like- why didn't SY brought both SH and HJ to hear the offer if its all about business."
I don't know if it means anything but I rewatched this part in episode 2 and SY never told SH to come alone - he just happened to go alone. SY only told him that his wife forgot the shoes and he could come pick it up - she never said he had to come alone. Whether or not SY would have made the offer if HJ had tagged along we will never know. In my opinion though it doesn't matter whether she had made the offer with HJ present or not since HS did tell HJ about the offer before he accepted anyway.

Archived