[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

I promised myself I would not get involved in the whole spoiler versus non-spoiler issue, but I came on today to release some steam after work and there was the spoiler issue again.  I think we can all agree that the Korean drama is thus far very different from the original.  The male lead character Gun/Jun Xi are totally different in how they handle the marriage and when and how they tell it to their girlfriend; the female lead is also different, she does on occasion stand up for herself more frequently than the original and the business dynamics are also different.  So basically, the Korean drama is a different drama with different motifs than the original.  Although, the Korean drama is based upon the Taiwan drama, it is a different and fresh approach.
I know it is human nature to compare what happened in the TW version, but there are enough differences in this version to indicate that this is a new version and none of us really know what will happen or how the drama will play out.  So perhaps we can all just wait and see what happens and if it's totally driving us crazy @-) and we must compare than we use spoiler tags or highlighted letters X_X@Lmangla, at least Daniel isn't a toad...I've never seen such a gorgeous toad :)

Guest 019iamthesun

Did Gunnie baby really confessed last week? it's not just a confusing words isn't it? right! think positive. yeyeyeyeaaaahhh!!! couple start writer-nim eh!! Chaebal!! chaeballlllllllll!!!!!!! Let's do the DANCE CRAZE!!!!!!! 8-}

Not sure if this was posted yet, but these are the pictures that relate to the cut scene from episode 8 when LG took sera out to a dance club  http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/98758  I wish they left it in to give us a sense of what his relationship with her was like, but they may of cut it because of time.. 

What I wonder is what was Gun thinking after he spoke to MY before opening the door to  face sera in the office again his face had so many expressions and he stood there a long time~ was it happiness or regret?

Guest chunnogirl33

To be honest, I do like MY here a bit better as well. She likes him, but she's not smitten with him. She's not all about him. 

Yesssssssss I agree so much! I dislike heroines who fall in love with male leads in an instant and with no reasons. Here Mi Young has reasons to like him but she is not madly in love. Her life does not revolve around him either and I hope it never does. I love it because this way we can all enjoy the wonderful falling in love process :)

Thank you @spideysteve for that gif! :D oh the good ol' days. I could say it's impossible to see JIS for a cameo but maybe just in our dreams :D
@stuartjmz Jang Nara really looks prettier nowadays...she just ages gracefully. I would assume that the gif picture was on New nonstop days when she was also busy doing other things. When I say other things - that is, she's also filming successful story of a bright girl, tv ads, a children's show, MC for music programs, singing for music programs, attending fan club activities, and more. So, her face looks tired and her undereye circles are more prominent then. I posted a video on the spoiler tag on how tired she was during those days. But, both Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk came a long way. They both age like wine...just keeps getting better :D 

cr:uploader

@ carmollita, I think he is stuck between a rock and  a hard place.  He wants to tell SR because he cares about her, yet he respects MY and she wants him to keep silent for now.  I'm not sure he made the right decision on the other side of the door and as the evening progressed, but I can see why he was silent. 
As he's standing outside of the door, I think his look is fighting against his own principles of honesty and responsibility.  The happy face is not sincere.  (imo)

Guest spideysteve

nakatsubebe said: Thank you @spideysteve for that gif! :D oh the good ol' days. I could say it's impossible to see JIS for a cameo but maybe just in our dreams :D

carmolita said:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but these are the pictures that relate to the cut scene from episode 8 when LG took sera out to a dance club  http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/98758  I wish they left it in to give us a sense of what his relationship with her was like, but they may of cut it because of time.. 

What I wonder is what was Gun thinking after he spoke to MY before opening the door to  face sera in the office again his face had so many expressions and he stood there a long time~ was it happiness or regret?

Guest chunnogirl33

@lclarakl‌ I think he felt guilty and looking at his total pabo face dancing with Se Ra I can see why!!! lol It looks like can't resist the "temptation" to dance eh? Lee Gun is a party animal :D

@elryx, I've sent you a pm with the information you requested.
I noticed that Gun didn't wear the suit that MY put out for him after he told Sera about MY.  He wore Sera's cufflinks, but not MY's suit.  I think that was his way of showing respect to Sera and bringing their relationship to a close.
I think they are going to use Gun's genetic illness as a way to bring a wedge between MY and Gun.  For example, that his genetic condition will effect the baby or he doesn't want MY to be burden with him.  That's when the "noble idiocy" will come in and cause him to push MY away. 

OK, just dropping by to say how awesome it is that there are married men here just for JNR. I've love her since Bright Girl, was kind of disappointed in how downplayed her character was in BFB, but then she knocked it out of the park in School 2013. Love her chemistry with Daniel Choi also, IDK, I have a thing for height differences. But there's just something special about her chemistry with Jang Hyuk, he's just extra sweet with her and she seems more relaxed around him. I think it's bc DC has a boyish charm while JH is this serious hardcore tough guy (from what I've seen of him on Real Men).  :))

@beamonkr, I hadn't thought of that.
But I still think these scriptwriters will use his illness as comedy and not tragedy.  Maybe Grandma and Dr. Octopus will tell MY about LG's disease and how any little stress could trigger it, so MY needs to take care of LG and not let him be stressed.  Can't you just see these two actors: JH and JNR doing some great comedy with that plot?  
As you can tell, I'm hoping for more rom-com than rom-dram.  

Guest fiovial

@carmolita‌ I think it was wise to left the clubbing scene out. We probably would have cursed Geon for clubbing goofily instead of using the time to tell Sera earnestly. Wise choice to leave out the possible Geon hatin' scene.

@stuartjmz‌ you should watch SSBG! But wait until after FTLY is done. You will come to appreciate how muuuuuuch better actors both Nara and Hyuk have become now. They had great chemistry then but not even close to the insane chemistry in FTLY.

Awww sweet BTS pics. Nara seems to give Hyuk a lot of thumbs up :)

Guest reedtrip82

I actually like the Korean version of MY ! She doesn't really show those over the top romantic interest in Gun , she very reseve and understanding but she aware he a good person w/ a wonderful heart and always there to help her, you can tell she enjoy his company and adored his crazy laugh, she smile and giggle when he around , she love his humor . When MY confess to Daniel , the more nice he is to her the more she afraid she will think he do like her, basically Gun behavior is making her swoon and she slowly falling in love with him . Which is bad because their relationship is base on a contract.