[Drama 2014] Glorious Day 기분 좋은 날

Guest reijaye

awsparkle said: skyzora said:

@gigglessquiggles,

Have you watched the BTS video of the honeymoon? It was a very good take, and PSY and LSW were very natural in showing affection as DJ & JW.

Some viewers commented in Baidu that they looked more like newly-weds in the BTS video than in the actual drama! Really a pity that so little of that beautiful take was shown in the actual drama.  

Korean viewers are also writing in SBS website and Daum to request for JW/DJ to behave more like newly weds.  

If I look at PSY and LSW in the BTS video, I do not think it is PSY's reservations or holding back in her portrayal of DJ.

I feel the writer has to take the bulk of the responsibility on how the characters are portrayed. The actors/actresses are just trying to execute the roles that they have been given......

So I am upset that writer is making DJ such a turn-off as well.........

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gigglessquiggles, BTS video uploaded on SBS official GD site.

No need to sign up on Baidu to watch video, see pics. or read comments. Just key in the page no. and you can go straight to any page. Just don't use the next page key as then the site will prompt you to sign up.    

skyzora said:

@gigglessquiggles, BTS video uploaded on SBS official GD site.

No need to sign up on Baidu to watch video, see pics. or read comments. Just key in the page no. and you can go straight to any page. Just don't use the next page key as then the site will prompt you to sign up.    

Guest AmyS1430294407

I had to sign up just now in defense of DJ. Ever since DJ and JW got married, I felt that every episode went by too fast. Because every person's story in this drama only got a few min of screen time, the DJ and JW scenes were too short. We don't get to see every nuance of their relationship on screen. I'm sure they still shared their beds and were still loving to each other that night after DJ asked for money. How would she be able to resist JW's charms?

I lurk on this site to carry me through the week until the next episodes. I get worried before watching the subbed version of every episode after reading some of the criticism here. But after watching it for myself, I still love every scene they are in together.

Their relationship is very similar to my husband and I. We can say pretty much anything to each other and play fight like that. We know it's not serious and we always try to understand the other person's point. I am actually watching this with my husband and tend towards romcoms because it makes us feel happy and good afterwards. We don't have one of those all-consuming adoration or angsty romances we sometimes see on melodramas. I prefer the cutesy moments and hints of intimacy over the steamy lovemaking we see in US dramas. I'm not saying that it's not hot but I do prefer watching something that makes me smile rather than two people go at each other.

I have to say in every drama, the female lead always does something stupid somewhere along the way. Like Angel Eyes, loved most of it till the last part where she disappeared for a year and doesn't get over it until after the male lead almost loses his life. DJ so far hasn't done anything to that level of stupidity. She's just trying to help with the problem because this is what this drama is about. When it comes to family, you don't calculate this or that all the time. You just do what's best for the family and you also try to be a good person yourself.

Anyways, GD is my favorite drama of all time so far. I'm probably gonna go back to being a lurker now :-)

@AmyS, I'm with you.  GD is my all time favorite drama.

I view the change in DJ's attitude differently.   HSJ has brought up her daughters well.  They have rallied around the family each time there is a crisis.  SA asked DJ why did she insist on the marriage even after learning about GM and DJ replied because she loved JW too much.  That about sums up all her actions towards SA.  JW even in SA's opinion, is one who is too naive.  In their marriage, I forsee that DJ will be the one who wears the pants.  She has hard a life, going thru all sorts of hardships while JW has been rather sheltered in his family.  It was not surprising that it was the Jeong/Han family that pulled the Seos thru the crisis.  I see DJ as the one in the Seo family who will rise to any occasion and take charge when there is a crisis.  I do not see her as the manipulative/domineering wife as her motivation is her love of JW and the ultimate aim of her actions is JW's happiness.

Finally anyone who doubts that DJ was joking when she threatened to deny JW his marital rights, should rewatch the scene where they asked GP and GM to go wish upon the full moon.  Both DJ and JW are trying their best to produce the first grandchild for GM and I'm hoping we get to see that happening soon.

Auntie Mame said: This site was created to facilitate discussion about the dramas.  It is not a forum to just merely allow people to complain.  This is why discussions can include valid criticisms and analysis of any aspect of the drama(s).  A good discussion can bring out thoughts and ideas that may be a revelation to some people.  Inevitably, these thoughts can enhance the enjoyment of watching and understanding the drama(s). 

My final comment on ep 39.   Why is everyone running around acting like someone has died?  Grandma isn't dead.  She can live many years with this disease.  I've known people to have live 30-40 years with the disease.  One person I know was even a fully functional highly-placed government official.  The way the writer has presented the disease is the objection previously voiced by ck10z and myself.  And, in this episode, the writer's presentation of everyone's reaction to the situation is too melodramatic.   And, for such practical, logical and no nonsense people as Writer Han and her daughters, their 'makjang' reactions were ludicrous.  I agree with the comment that ratings may be the issue.  This was the drama that MBC announced would have no makjang.  But, I guess ratings determined otherwise.  [-(

Hi... I have not posted here much... But I am loving this drama... It is actually my favorite Korean Family Drama, (usually, not my favorite genre), not only for the fabulous cast (and they do an awesome job, for the most part), and well written story but also because the emphasis here is on loving relationship and the "nasty people" are kept to a minimum.

When the drama was first announced I was wondering why Lee Sang-Woo has taken on a new drama so soon after the end of his previous drama...  But now - seeing his character, and how well he performs it, I understand... 

Here is a bit about ep. 39 from Couch Kimchi

Guest AmalA1430294167

just finish ep 39 ... love the ending between HSJ and NGY ... the scene just hillarious ... Now not only Grandpa who found out His ’slip’ moment but Grandma, DJ an JW too ... cant wait for the next ep ...

scene between eunchan and his parent is funny... his mother and father teach him with HSJ book.

hmmm ... team Leader Im is sooooooo annoying. why she come to other family gathering ? .. she is so gross ... in that age, her manner should be better than HSJ daughter ... Even Dain who’s younger than her is so polite to Grandpa and Grandma.

ah..yes ... InWoo, he is the best. I hope he’ll find a better women. he just realize SL is not fit to his family...

maybe next ep, uncle from america will appear ... so courious with his voice at the telephone...

finally watched 39 subbed and it's strange but now it seems that the way DJ is acting towards JW is just her teasing him for not having money and not an attempt to be angry with him. 
The problem with me and Gma illness is that it was DJ who first notice something wrong and not a member of her own family. The idea of Gpa taking care of Gma alone is ridicules, he's barely managing to get up and down on his own so how can he care for on his own, it's time to bring them back home and make SA care for them. I was glad IW heard his mom and DJ talking about the debt and resolved it on his own, and DJ would have to be an idiot if she didn't get that he knew what the money was for. 
It's time to get rid of Ms high five editor.  It's also time for everyone to know who HJ is, but I hope the girls and SJ don't reject him, but see him as the loving brother he has tried to be.
This was a very good episode and for me shows what a family drama should be.

IBELIS said: finally watched 39 subbed and it's strange but now it seems that the way DJ is acting towards JW is just her teasing him for not having money and not an attempt to be angry with him. 
The problem with me and Gma illness is that it was DJ who first notice something wrong and not a member of her own family. The idea of Gpa taking care of Gma alone is ridicules, he's barely managing to get up and down on his own so how can he care for on his own, it's time to bring them back home and make SA care for them. I was glad IW heard his mom and DJ talking about the debt and resolved it on his own, and DJ would have to be an idiot if she didn't get that he knew what the money was for. 
It's time to get rid of Ms high five editor.  It's also time for everyone to know who HJ is, but I hope the girls and SJ don't reject him, but see him as the loving brother he has tried to be.
This was a very good episode and for me shows what a family drama should be.

I think the writer mat surprise us with Sa character.. Sa may do a 150 degree turn around and may call off Iw wedding herself considering on what's going on.. This girl will have her mom involved in they marriage everytime something doesn't go her way just because he said to rethink it and her thinking he still likes Dj tells me she not mature enough for marrge 

;;) Great shots of In Woo for coming episode ! Trying to clear his mind off something .. halmoni's illness?  SL? He deserves something good to come his way. Soon, I do hope.
He did 2 hours of practising before shooting this scene.  So lookout for his special moves in next episode!

30000413323_700.jpg
CREDIT SBShttp://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10005736509 :))

i haveen watching  it's ok, it's  love'  and  i  can;t help but  compare how  they  are  treating  mental  health disease(schizophrenia,  et  al)  vis a  vis parkinson's disease in this  drama.  the  former treats schizophrenia head on,  options are given to  the patient,  the  loved  ones  and  friends.  unlike  here  where  family  and friends  are  treating it  so hysterically  with  wailings,  drunkeness,  tears  as  if  they  can  treat  parkinson's this  way.  the  writer of this  drama  should  take a  cue  from  no  hee kyung  and  her  intelligent  ,logical   calm  and  collected  approach  of  mental health  disease.

Archived