Netflix Movie Recommendations?

oooroosay

Hey guys I'm a big Netflix user and love to spend a day watching a movie on my laptop 
So I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on movies to watch! 
Here are mine
1. "The Hidden Face" - Colombian movie about a woman who pretends to run away from her boyfriend and then gets trapped in a room inside her own house (super good movie!!!) 
hidden-poster.jpg

2. "Keith" - A movie about a terminally ill boy who befriends a popular girl from school 
Keith2006.jpg

There are more that I will mention as I go along but I would love to hear your suggestions!!! 

• 1 month later...

Here are some Netflix movies I watched and actually surprised me by being good and entertaining:

Getting That Girl

MV5BMTc4OTU3OTYxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDg3

"When East Coast teen Mandy Meyers moves to Los Angeles with her family, she's thrown into the fast life at McDermott High, where the pretty girls rule the school and two very different guys want to date her."

The movie is not the typical polished Hollywood movie. It has an indie feel, where the dialogue is more candid. There is a looot of cursing. The synopsis is a little misleading. The movie is about a girl who moves from the East Coast to the West Coast. She's a bit of a goody toe shoes and feels a bit out of place in LA. However, she's still a really cool girl. One of the most popular girls immediately takes her under her wing. The dilemma lies when one of the school burnouts starts to take interest in her. And she in him. It is not a love triangle story.

Tonight You're Mine

MV5BMTc5NjU4OTE0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQ3

"Shot over the course of five days at a music festival, this unconventional romance centers on a pair of bickering rockers who are handcuffed together."

This movie wasn't the BEST but I did like some parts of it a lot and it was entertaining on a quiet Sunday evening. It has the unpolished indie feel to it and it takes place during a major music festival in Europe. The two MC are members of bands playing during the music fest. After the two get into a fight, they are handcuffed together by an eccentric man in order to try to promote peace, love and harmony between them.

The Secret of Moonacre

MV5BMjIzMTM3MjY0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTA0

"When the fantastic tale in her storybook comes to life, a young girl finds herself trapped in an ancient feud between her family and aT rival clan."

This story really took me by surprise! The story has mystery and adventure. It is a very cute and interesting magical tale. I was planning on watching 15 minutes of it before going to bed but I ended up watching the whole thing and going to sleep at 3 or 4 AM.

Geek Charming

GeekCharming.jpg

"Popular high school diva Dylan gains a new perspective on life when geeky wannabe filmmaker Josh makes her the subject of his documentary."

This is a Disney Channel Original Movie but I watched it for the first time on Netflix. Out of ALL the original Disney movies, this has been my favorite. I feel like it has a little extra something. The characters are developed and explored in ways that made them more real than characters in other made for tv movies. I really enjoyed it.

Populaire

POPULAIRE_Poster27x40-dated_sm-e13679895

"In this 1950s-set romantic comedy, an insurance agent encourages his secretary to enter speed-typing competitions -- and to move into his mansion."

If you don't mind watching a movie in French with Eng subs, then I definitely recommend this one. I liked two things the most about this movie. The 1950s setting and the type writing competitions! The competitions had me on the edge of my seat! Very entertaining,

Timer

MV5BMTU0NTkxMjUwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDEy

"In this comedic fantasy, biotechnological implants count down to the moment one is supposed to meet his or her soul mate."

I watched this movie quite a while ago (4-6 years ago) and I still remember it very well. The plot is very intriguing. It explores the concept of what would happen if you knew the exact moment when you would meet your soul mate.

Freedom Writers

FreedomWritersMoviePoster.jpg

"While her at-risk students are reading classics such as "The Diary of Anne Frank," a teacher asks them to keep journals about their troubled lives."

I didn't watch this movie for the first time on Netflix. I watched it on cable tv where they play it often. Each time I catch this movie on tv, I don't mind rewatching it again and again. So I was happy to discover it on Netflix.

Heathers

51KH2A5HY7L.jpg

"Veronica hates the girls in her popular clique. Enter mysterious newcomer J.D., who offers her the perfect solution to end their social tyranny."

If you like movies from the 80s, this movie was very surprising for me. It took a turn I was not expecting at all but it was very entertaining.

I hope you enjoy some of these and can recommend so to me as well!

Archived