[Drama 2014] ♈♦ Hotel King ♕ 호텔킹 ♦♈

Maetawinz

TQ, mimi for the info on K-netizen +ve reaction

in HK twitter, the reaction is the same too.
https://twitter.com/search?q=hotelking&src=typd&f=realtime

another translation on Amone
http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2986545

Lee Da-hae teases ‘Hotel King’

Mar 19,2014Article.aspx?aid=29865450
18201729.jpg
Lee Da-hae
MBC posted an image yesterday of actress Lee Da-hae, raising expectations for her new weekend drama, “Hotel King.”

The image depicts the 29-year-old actress posing in the lobby of a resort in Gangwon, where most of the series was filmed. 

In the drama, Lee will play the naughty heiress of a hotel tycoon. Joining her is actor Lee Dong-wook, who starred with Lee in the 2005 drama “My Girl.”

Lim Seul-ong of the ballad group 2AM will also star in the drama, as a member of the hotel staff. 

“Hotel King” will air at 9:55 p.m. beginning April 5. 

By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer

• Replies 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMGEEEE forgive my typo error it should be calm down not come down HAHAHHA

@mimi26 hahaha i love your scenario dear.. true i like in like if they are fighting together but i aslo love to see some serious angst between them. keep the scenarios coming dear. and btw,i am waiting for the comeback project  of your DP. I also like her :)

Trust me as the story progress those comparisons about my girl and this will pass because judging from the plot and even in their poster in the site this drama is going to be a serious dark melo drama.. please not too dark hahahaha we may get some fun and comedy but maybe it will be just on earlier episodes

as much as i love them in rom-com but i guess they have alreeady proven themselves in that genre now i want a serious drama angsty satisfying and gripping love story. Our drama later on will be full of angst,melos and tears so lest keep this thread fun ,sweet and alive as much as possible. shall we dearies?

Guest WERTb

Hello chinggu...When I saw The kid Actor, honestly I didn`t Happy At all...It`s not because the kid face or acting is bad...But because Him, My OTP Reunion which had been Confirmed Will Be DELAYED....I hope The ChildHood Scenes only take 1 or 2 Episodes, NO MORE..(By this only, 2 episodes from 32 episodes will be wasted, I cant tolerate, if this is more than 2)...But this just My Opinion...
BtW, is this thread allow to Quote image..? I dont want to insult anyone, but someone above had done that, I`m just afraid if this habit go on..our thread is threatened to be closed by admin....I`m sorry for my rudeness...NO offense
And is Anyone here is a native korean ...I wish There is Someone Who will Recap the show, Live(If noNe oppose it of course, after all this is A kind spoiler isn`t it?)
For a Nostalgic memory, Here I present to You All THIS MV, ENJOY it...(sorry, off topic, but allow me this time, okay)Editedhttps://www.youtube.com/74WefhfW8f8 But seems my permission to do this was not approved(by @apqaria), so at least, this Item I make in the form of a link only (very small) :(( :(( :((

Guest delphi

WERTb said:
BtW, is this thread allow to Quote image..? I dont want to insult anyone, but someone above had done that, I`m just afraid if this habit go on..our thread is threatened to be closed by admin....

Guest WERTb

delphi said: WERTb said:
BtW, is this thread allow to Quote image..? I dont want to insult anyone, but someone above had done that, I`m just afraid if this habit go on..our thread is threatened to be closed by admin....

Guest bluemoonlight

Thanks @apqaria for welcoming me! :D
The 2nd teasers were more dramatic...and not as gif-able (made up word...haha), but I still wanted to share a couple gifs that I made. Dahae looks so calm & beautiful and Dongwook looks so handsome & dashing, although super serious.
Thanks to @mimi26 & @apqaria for sharing the teasers ^^
fIMvDh.gif

Bzhl94.gif
cr: me

Guest HaYam El-Abbas

i don't know but i don't like this posters that released :(may be , i'm expected more of the best !!
any way , i will wait the rest of the official posters 
Fan Art by Me :
976927253.jpg 

856975154.jpg

@Hayam, you are not alone dear who don't like those pictures of our leads. I also don't and @muchcloudier too ;) ^^ but as I said to her based on what we saw in the interview I guess there is much more to come and I guess we will see things we like soon. This is just the beginning, I guess one bad picture won't make me that disappointed but they surely need to do better :D
@Annya, the comments are in AKP :D but about the dark theme I think they may used that to indicate the melo in the drama but we know that there is a lot of fun moments to come also specially with our herione character description.
But I think I like that in the latest news they are saying explicitly that the role is different than her My Girl role, because it shows that they are wanting to make something different.
@bluemoonlight, I know exactly what you mean chingu :)) but thanks for the gifs :x
@WERTb, thanks for the reminder dear. Yes we should follow soompi roles, so we shouldn't quote pictures and if you also want to spazz about our couple away from the drama, you can join us in Dong-Hae couple thread in the shippers paradise ;)
And about the child actor, actually we think it will all be some flashback not episodes of young actors as some dramas do so, don't worry you won't wait longer to see our leads :)

Guest HaYam El-Abbas

@apqaria: really , When I saw the posters , Questioned whether it really is official posters or not !!
although i'm so sad , but i will wait the posters what we like soon , because as you said before there is a Photo Session for posters , they made for the cast and this is not The final posters at all ^^

@Hayam, yes let us wait and I think I liked the poster that we saw before in the background in that signing event. So, I hope we will like the official posters but in all cases I would rather accept bad posters and great drama rather than great posters and bad drama. But I surely wish for great drama and great posters :))
@WERTb, haha, You are so cute ^^ I thought it is a good opportunity to drag you to Dong-Hae thread ;) :x
@delphi, thanks to you we got to see our leads face to face in that picture :D like it :x

Guest HaYam El-Abbas

ِ@apqaria: i'm greedy :D want great drama and great posters too :)
so mbc , chepaaal release new posters better than this and show a great drama !!

actually , i don't like mbc at all , i wanted DW & DH Work with SBS or KBS , NOT mbc -_-
their production is weak :(

Aaawww so much negativity, I'm afraid so? Hmm... Let's stay positive, everyone! I think the primary reason why we think like this is that we expect too much from the drama, from the production team, etc. I think it best that we should just wait for the updates without overthinking anything. Because if we do otherwise, we would not be able to enjoy the drama in its entirety. I, for myself, am positive about this drama because the cast is absolutely wonderful. Wherever you put a star, it will always shine, so let's not get ahead of ourselves and let's just trust our superb cast to deliver the story beautifully. 
Himnaeseyo, yeoreobun!  \:D/
Woot! Seulong uploaded a photo on his Instagram from the filming site.  :x0e0a50bcaf0f11e3a4fd12ff9ce2b280_8.jpg
#호텔킹#허세상남자표정#야타#ㅋㅋ

He mentioned "Hotel King" on his hashtag. Hehe~ 

surprise visit by DJ DOC to the shooting site,- I like their songs, not sure if the producer/director wants to use their song as one of OST.

@ Alpensia Resort Alpensia
MBC drama aired on April 5 Hotels King Recording scheduled for shooting in Alpensia Ocean 700 DJ DOC surprise visit! I wonder drama more information.BjDjWDWCYAAdtt1.png

Guest nancykimlee

Wow, this thread has jumped many pages with lots of goods :) 
Re: Copycat comments and haters Haters are gonna hate. Let's not bother with immature comments that aren't founded on anything other than jealousy "she's ugly, she's copying" etc. especially from AKP. Many (not all) comment-ors there have very low reading comprehension and choose to see/read what they want and the responses are generally laughable. I wasn't worked up by the comments because none of it is true and they're just negative comments that haters are trying to project and spread. Some people need to find better things to do with their lives than sit around and judge someone that they don't even know. As much as I love the Chun Song Yi character, she's not the only one who has spoken "Engrish" in a drama so people need to chill or watch more dramas. 
Re: Comparisons and story I trust Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae for choosing this project. They should know better than anyone that from afar, the similarities to My Girl are quite striking given the hotel background and them as the lead pair, but the fact that they chose this especially after 8 years, there has to be something different and special about it. I love that one of the articles stated that Lee Da Hae's character and portrayal will be vastly different from Joo Yoo Rin. And even if there are similarities, that's fine too because there's bound to be some cliche at play. I guess I'm just happy that it's not a Candy Girl and Chaebol story that's all :) Whether it's a melo or has rom-com tendencies, I'm good with it as long as it makes sense in the story. I go into dramas without high expectations for writing or directing because we've seen and had enough heartbreaks over stories and endings so my only hope lies in the chemistry of DongHae. I hope for good character developments, easy on the plot contrivances, enough angst to drive the story but not overtake it and an ending that is satisfying and not rushed. So, I will enjoy the ride and take comfort knowing that I can spazz and pull hair out if I need to with you guys :) 
Re: PostersFrankly, I enjoy fanart more because official posters are kind of unoriginal and lackluster with the generic 2-3 heads and slap text on it. Or if it's a weekend grand production, we see every member full body (see My Daughter Seo Young). It's rare to like or see the tone of the dramas reflected on posters with the exception of Inspiring Generation and Gapdong. I do hope they crank up the excitement by releasing more (and better) posters, stills and videos as the air date approaches. Until then, thanks for all those that contributed great updates, pictures, artwork and GIFs. You guys rule <3 
Lastly, for some, this is a new pairing to look forward to and for others (like myself) this has been 8 years of waiting so no one can and will ruin this for me. I will keep supporting this drama with happy, positive thoughts. So, let us wait with excitement because April 5th is near, friends! :D 

Guest Bosco_96

Oh, it seems that N is very famous in Korea and his fans are very active..:>I don't know but in Korea, who is more popular, Seulong or N??
-------------------------------------------------Here's another translation from soompi for news abt DH yesterday :x
http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/18/new-hotel-king-still-of-lee-da-hae-as-gorgeous-hotel-heiress/#.UykfIvl_uhM

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"New “Hotel King” Still of Lee Da Hae as Gorgeous Hotel Heiressjnkm March 18, 2014 

Lee Da Hae has gorgeously transformed into a hotel heiress.

A new still of Lee Da Hae for the upcoming MBC weekend drama, “Hotel King” has been released, showing the actress in a flashy outfit.

This still is from the scene when Ah Mo Ne (played by Lee Da Hae) visits the CL Hotel for the first time. In order to make the scene and character pop out, the staff added extra lights and even laid out a red carpet.

Despite the cold weather, Lee Da Hae sported a white minidress with bare shoulders. She tied her hair back into a trendy knot and accentuated her look with bright lipstick.

nMZdDYO.jpg

Before the filming started, Lee Da Hae was reported to seem a bit nervous but as soon as the cameras started rolling, she executed her lines perfectly: “I’m Ah Mo Ne. Hotel heiress. Ah. Mo. Ne.’

The actress commented, “This is my first romantic comedy in a while and I love that Ah Mo Ne’s character is so energetic and lovable. I am trying hard to make each outfit and hairstyle into Ah Mo Ne’s own. So I find myself saying things and doing things that Ah Mo Ne would even off camera. Wheneer I start a project, I usually get completely in character so it feels like I’m really becoming Ah Mo Ne.”

A staff member commented on Ah Mo Ne’s character and said, “This is a completely different image from ‘My Girl‘s Joo Yoo Rin. I think once the drama starts, a syndrome will rise up.”

This scene also shows Park Chul Min, Im Seulong and Cha Hak Yeon (VIXX‘s N) as hoteliers, seeing to Ah Mo Ne’s every need.

“Hotel King” will first air on April 5.

Guest HaYam El-Abbas

@dvee_young: i'm agree with you , but still see posters are so bad :D
i don't know why i'm negativity towards posters , may be because i'm designer and have design view about Photo-Manipulation !! may be !!
any way , i will wait the other posters and make with your advice :)

@samzz: can you tell me about this band ?!
singing any OST of KDrama before or not ?!
sorry , but i don't know much about bands and KPOP :(

i expect that 2AM who will sing the OST because Seulong  one of them !!
wish Seulong sing any song for the OST of Hotel King's Drama , i like voice of Seulong :D
i like his song with IU that called Nagging 

HaYam dear, DJ Doc is not under KPOP category, they are sort of like a legend in their own class and have big fan base in Korea. I knew them long time ago before the Kdrama craze, bc one of my friend like them while she studied in Korea. Their songs are my first Korean song that I heard, and I like them so much. One or two of the member is/are  Dahae's friends too, through her connection with Oh Ji Ho who are very close to them.

I'm not sure if they will sing for this drama, if YES, that will be a GREAT GIFT, bc their previous songs were great (at least to my taste.), my fav is Run to You.

Archived