[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest lavenderly

After watching all 6 episodes of SLA, I hate to say this but I think it's not going to end well. Why? Because I think HW is very ambitious and she wants to climb high in her career and social status. I don't think she's going to give up that just for love for a young and rash lad (to her anyway). And it doesn't help that what SJ said to HW when she went to find him at his house. About keeping it a secret from her husband and from his girlfriend. It means he is not ready to break up with his girlfriend and make changes to everything in his life as well.

Speaking of which, I can't really understand why SJ is still with his girlfriend since it is obvious that he doesn't really care about her. Is there any reason behind this? And I can't bring myself to like her after she actually bullied the rich girl.

After watching all 6 episodes of SLA, I hate to say this but I think it's not going to end well. Why? Because I think HW is very ambitious and she wants to climb high in her career and social status. I don't think she's going to give up that just for love for a young and rash lad (to her anyway). And it doesn't help that what SJ said to HW when she went to find him at his house. About keeping it a secret from her husband and from his girlfriend. It means he is not ready to break up with his girlfriend and make changes to everything in his life as well.

Speaking of which, I can't really understand why SJ is still with his girlfriend since it is obvious that he doesn't really care about her. Is there any reason behind this? And I can't bring myself to like her after she actually bullied the rich girl.

You are absolutely right @lavenderly! Can't believe I've not noticed that till now. Too blinded by all the nice hawt stuff I guess.

But you are right! How can SJ be declaring his love for HW and vouching that he is 100% sincere when in the same breath he talks about his girlfriend to HW in a nonchalant fashion?! Something is so wrong there.

And that remark SJ made about not wanting to be found out by HW's hubby or his girlfren until the very end. What does that mean?? Doesn't it mean that he wants an illicit underground secret affair with this woman he claims to be his goddess? And he said to his "hyung" that to say that he's "fallen in love" makes it sound cheap. Oh so to seek to have an underground love affair is not cheap?! If she's so sacred to him, he should be thinking of what lies in the future for them isn't it?

lavenderly said:

Guest hititquitit

lavenderly said:

Guest missenjo

lavenderly said:

Guest missenjo

daunkayu said: lavenderly said:

Guest shenu

even it is Monday , i feel time is running so slowly. yearning to watch the next episode.

and all the comments and analysings are very interesting.

Guest missenjo

reading almost all pages, many people pity Seon Jae because his first love is so dramatic, gloomy, and bound to not end well (beside the steamy pippin' hot connection i doubt many people got from their first love). But i think maybe we forget that maybe, for Hye Won, this is also the first love in her 40 years of existence.

Guest lavenderly

ktomato said:

You are absolutely right @lavenderly! Can't believe I've not noticed that till now. Too blinded by all the nice hawt stuff I guess. But you are right! How can SJ be declaring his love for HW and vouching that he is 100% sincere when in the same breath he talks about his girlfriend to HW in a nonchalant fashion?! Something is so wrong there. And that remark SJ made about not wanting to be found out by HW's hubby or his girlfren until the very end. What does that mean?? Doesn't it mean that he wants an illicit underground secret affair with this woman he claims to be his goddess? And he said to his "hyung" that to say that he's "fallen in love" makes it sound cheap. Oh so to seek to have an underground love affair is not cheap?! If she's so sacred to him, he should be thinking of what lies in the future for them isn't it?

Guest missenjo

lavenderly said:

@missenjo I think Da Mi can be a double edged sword. If you are right that he is using her as a shield, then it could well be a disaster when DM finds out that SJ is cheating on her. Based on how she actually threatened the rich girl, I think she is gonna make a scene and actually destroys HW's life. >.> Well I don't expect a fairy tale ending for this show either to be honest. But I also hope it doesn't end tragically. That would be so sad. My perfect ending would be both leaving beautiful memories to each other and then carry on with their own life. Sigh.

Oh my @lavenderly. Your 'perfect ending' is really quite sad. I'm thinking more like HW divorces her hubby and SJ leaves DM and then SJ and HW gets married and lives happily ever after. (And some not so important side stuff includes:

- DM realized that she's in love with SJ's best friend all along and the 2 get hitched and DM becomes good friends with HW as well.

- the 3 Seo lunatics finally come to their senses and pay their moral dues to HW by giving to all her all their riches and disappearing from HW's life forever.

- HW was captured by aliens who reverse her age by 20 years but leaves her 40 years of memories and emotions fully intact. Hahahahaha)

Not bad right my perfect ending? Heeeeeheeee

In response to whether or not HW will choose his ambition over SJ i'd like to quote the official character description from VIKI posted in page 32 

jreal said:© VIKI
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS:

CHARACTERS (may contain spoilers)

Oh Hye Won (40) / Kim Hee Ae 
Director of Planning, Seohan Arts Foundation

"Do ethics exist for no reason? More than its value, it's a high degree survival manual. You have to abide by the traffic laws for an accident not to happen."

As Director of Seohan Arts Foundation, she manages every aspect of the Chairman of the Board, Han Seong Sook, from teaching her music and arts to doing secretarial duty and managing her secret ledger. During college her tenosynovitis worsened and she was forced to stop playing the piano. Instead she became her arts high school alumnus Seo Young Woo's roomate/maid and accompanied her for her education abroad. Upon her return she found her place at the Arts Foundation.

Her husband Joon Hyeong was one of Seo Young Woo's numerous past men, but was dumped as Young Woo married another man as arranged by her family. Hye Won knew it, but still married and has been living with him for 12 years, choosing to decide that her marriage was based on love.

She meets Seon Jae at this time. He is a 20 year old young man who doesn't even realize his natural born talents. That innocence is what she finds so tender and loveable about him. The occasional masculinity he lets out, the earnest light in his eyes makes her dizzy. She is set to become the CEO of the Art Center soon, but she's about to lose all she's amassed until now and what she will be able to enjoy. However, she's more afraid of losing her young lover..

(Translation: leenlee91 & hermoine77)

© VIKI

Guest ocdee

ohani

said:

Also, DM does have a violent streak, but she is obviously a foil character of HW. Many of the viewers see her as a rival of HW, but I beg to differ. DM provides a sharp contrast to HW, because DM does not belong that polished but fake "upper society." DM acts on her instinct and protects herself with her fist while HW has to subject herself to random violence--both physically and mentally--from the "society" she works hard to get into. 
 The problem is, SJ's character is so thinly drawn out that he seems only to exist for HW's sake. (Thankfully, YAI breathes life into this character). In many ways, I can hardly imagine the implication of their love precisely because SJ is not a "realistic" figure at all. Don't get me wrong, both actors have done a fabulous job. They also have explosive chemistry. I just wish that SJ's background story can be fleshed out in a more plausible manner. However, I am fine with just focusing on HW's self-discovery. 

missenjo said:
lavenderly said:

@missenjo I think Da Mi can be a double edged sword. If you are right that he is using her as a shield, then it could well be a disaster when DM finds out that SJ is cheating on her. Based on how she actually threatened the rich girl, I think she is gonna make a scene and actually destroys HW's life. >.> Well I don't expect a fairy tale ending for this show either to be honest. But I also hope it doesn't end tragically. That would be so sad. My perfect ending would be both leaving beautiful memories to each other and then carry on with their own life. Sigh.

missenjo said: Well, many SLA fans in this thread believe that SJ is still with DM because he needs her. People will have less suspicion when you already have a lover (When SJ starts showing symptoms of madly in love, people will think it's for DM, not HW) and if he suddenly broke up with DM who has such temperament, only God knows what will happen. So in this case, it's not that he doesn't ready for changes, but i think SJ uses DM as a shield, to protect their (SJ + HW) secret love.

Guest atiyam

missenjo said: reading almost all pages, many people pity Seon Jae because his first love is so dramatic, gloomy, and bound to not end well (beside the steamy pippin' hot connection i doubt many people got from their first love). But i think maybe we forget that maybe, for Hye Won, this is also the first love in her 40 years of existence.