[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

SongMira

Thank you for all updates!

"Gangnam 1970" completes the trilogy; 'Kwon Sang-woo, Jo In-seong and Lee Min-ho'

photo507597.jpg

Director Yoo Ha has completed three movies with "Gangnam 1970".

Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won are starring in "Gangnam 1970" a story about the life in 1970s Seoul, during a time when the Gangnam area was being developed. "Gangnam 1970" is the third 'street' movie created by Yoo Ha in following the 2006 "A Dirty Carnival" and the 2006 "Once Upon A Time In Highschool".

Yoo Ha's "Gangnam 1970" goes back into the past when there was a fight for rights and the struggle of two young men Jong-dae (Lee Min-ho) and Yong-gi (Kim Rae-won), two orphans who risk their lives for different benefits.

This being the story of young people who want everything because they have nothing, like the two former movies made Jo In-Seong and kwon Sang-woo icons of macho men, Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won are highly expected to rise to fame for a change in image.

The action scenes where the actors threw themselves in without a stand-in, is very much anticipated by former "A Dirty Carnival" and "Once Upon A Time In Highschool".

"Gangnam 1970" will be released in November.

Source: Hancinema

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

# Gangnam 1970 [20141022]
~ SHOWBOX FB Update

"내 땅 한번 원 없이 만들어 볼 거야"

지금껏 본 적 없었던
거친 남자가 찾아옵니다!

이 남자 액션까지 완벽해.. 하아..

‪#‎강남1970‬ ‪#‎이민호‬ ‪#‎땅종대‬ ‪#‎위험한청춘‬

10409231_730627833680996_5819777532516073183_n.jpg?oh=20a8f3c6bcc21f16d92551d03867ab08&oe=54F4226E
10700279_730627840347662_2983153470354824533_o.jpg
cr : SHOWBOX FB

- News : osen / media.daum.net / newsen

DF's article on the new stills (featured in Showbox FB page) :
http://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-min-ho-is-manlier-than-ever-in-new-stills-from-gangnam-1970/

Lee Min Ho is manlier than ever in new stills from Gangnam 1970

by CoCo Kdrama on Wed, Oct 22, 2014lee_min_ho_1970_blues.jpg

New stills of Lee Min Ho in the action movie Gangnam 1970 have been released, and I am loving this more rugged, manly side of our favorite flower boy. 

I'm a little torn about this photo because the first thing I notice is how good he looks in that suit, but then I notice the blood spatter on his face. This movie may shock fans who are used to seeing their Lee Min Ho in less threatening roles. He had some action in City Hunter, but he managed to maintain a sense of restraint in the amount of force he used. His role in this film will be more violent and gritty. 

http://www.dramafever.com/st/news/images/unnamed_33.jpg

Lee Min Ho is growing up and proving that he can make the transition from high school characters to adult roles. Let's just hope this doesn't mean he will appear more in movies and less in dramas! The movie is set to release in November and will likely make its way to the U.S. sometime in December. What better way to celebrate the holidays? 

Ever since he did City Hunter, I've always hoped for more action/dark-noir/heavy drama roles for HIM.  Of course, his role in Faith put to rest all doubts whatsoever to his potential and skills.    That is why, this  "Gangnam Blues" is a dream come true for a fan like me, a fan who has stood by him since Gu Jun Pyo days (reads: when very few believed he could deliver as an actor!).   The stills are freaking hot, not so much 'because of him', but more so because of the emotions conveyed by his eyes, eyebrows....Even those cheekbones speak volumes! Ahhhhhhhh! 

Release Date of Film ‘Gangnam 1970’ Starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won to Put Off to January, 2015.

Film , which is drawing huge attention with the cast of Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won, has been confirmed to open in January next year. Movie is a story of desire, loyalty, and betrayal unfold in the background of Gangnam in early 70s. Officials said, “This film will draw more audience when it opens in January in a sense that more people are likely to see movies in January.” The press conference, which was supposed to be held on October 28, has been also put off as a result of delayed release date.” Film opens in January, 2015.
 http://www.getitk.com/release-date-of-film-gangnam-1970-starring-lee-min-ho-and-kim-rae-won-to-put-off-to-january-2015/?lang=en

http://m.asiatoday.co.kr/kn/articles.html#20141030000814259

Google translation: Japanese fans of Lee Min Ho had recently prepared a special gift for him ahead of the opening of the movie "1970 Gangnam. Fans were sending a message through a billboard located in the heart of Tokyo, Japan, Korean Shin Okubo station near the roadside cheering for 'Gangnam, 1970, during the month of October.
10685604_10205215436014782_1630676330486

Guest prosperity

Showbox deals Gangnam style

5 November, 2014 | By Jean Noh

1207377_Gangnam_Blues_edited.JPG

EXCLUSIVE: Distributor seals raft of pre-sales to most of Asia, including Japan and China.

Korean distributor Showbox/Mediaplex has done a raft of pre-sales on Yoo Ha’s Gangnam Blues to most of Asia including Japan (The Klockworx) and China (Shanghai New Empire Entertainment and Shenzhen Da Fang Media).

Considered the last in the directors “Street Trilogy” withOnce Upon a Time In High School: The Spirit Of Jeet Keun Do and A Dirty CarnivalGangnam Blues is currently in post-production.

The film also sold to Hong Kong (Edko Films), Taiwan (Kbro Media), Indonesia (PT Prima), Vietnam (BHD), Thailand (Joy N Contents), the Philippines (Viva Communications), Myanmar (Colourful Garden Company) and Singapore and Malaysia (Golden Village Pictures).

Set in the 1970s when the Gangnam area was being rapidly developed, the film portrays two childhood friends swept into the world of political corruption and scheming simply because of their humble desires to have their own land and money.

Gangnam Blues is set for a local release this coming January. Showbox reports most of its Asian buyers seem to be aiming for releases around the same time.

They also say Asian buyers were especially keen about the film’s star Lee Min-ho - popular from TV series The Heirs and City Hunter - in his big screen debut. The other main character is played by Kim Rae-won who is known for films such as Insadong Scandal and Sunflower.

http://www.screendaily.com/5079474.article?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter75

<:-P

class="titleNews" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "‘Gangnam 1970’ Starring Lee Min Ho Sold in 11 Countries Around Asia

Gangnam 1970 starring Lee Min Ho is already selling all over Asia. 

The film Gangnam 1970 has been sold in Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and more.

Gangnam 1970 is Lee Min Ho’s first movie as the lead and Kim Rae Won’s comeback project to action films. Directed by director Yoo Ha, who produced Once Upon a Time in High School, A Dirty Carnival and more, it has received numerous sales and distribution requests from foreign distributing agencies even before filming began.

11 countries have confirmed distribution of Gangnam 1970, namely Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines and Myanmar.

80097002.jpg

Japan’s ‘The Clock Worx’ is the company that has imported and distributed Korean films such as The Yellow Sea, The Chaser and Cold Eyes. 

In China, ‘Shanghai New Empire Entertainment’ and ‘Shenzhen Da Fanf Media,’ which participated in distributing The Thieves, Iron Man 3, Lost and more, imported Gangnam 1970.

In Hong Kong, ‘Edko Films’ that produced, distributed or invested in the films Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero, Cold War and ‘Golden Village Pictures’ in Singapore distributedEdge of Tomorrow and Divergent.

About this, Lee Min Ho stated, “The staff and I are grateful for the support of the fans in Korea and overseas. Thank you and I would like to let you know that our support really helps us.”

Starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won, Gangnam 1970 is the final piece of director Yoo Ha’s ‘street’ movie trilogy about two men’s desire, loyalty and betrayal surrounding Gangnam area in the 1970’s when Seoul began going through rapid development.

Photo credit: Showbox Media Plex

Source: MWave

class="entry-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1.5em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.375; margin: 0px 0px 0.5em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Min-ho’s Upcoming Movie “Gangnam 1970″ Already Sold through Asian Markets

Posted on November 10, 2014 by Korea Bizwire in Editor's ChoiceK WaveSports & Entertainment with 0 Comments

%EC%9D%B4%EB%AF%BC%ED%98%B8.jpg

SEOUL, Nov. 10 (Korea Bizwire) — Lee Min-ho, a young Korean actor famous overseas as well as at home, is rising high in Asia even before the release of the first film in which he plays a leading role.

The upcoming movie “Gangnam 1970″ has already been sold in Asia’s major markets such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Lee’s popularity was already proven even before the filming. At the time, the news of a new movie was posted on Sina Weibo, the Chinese version of Facebook or Twitter, and won more than 100,000 likes less than a half day.

The upcoming movie "Gangnam 1970" has already been sold in Asia's major markets such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. (image: official poster of the film "Gangnam 1970")

The upcoming movie “Gangnam 1970″ has already been sold in Asia’s major markets such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. (image: official poster of the film “Gangnam 1970″)

On November 7, 12,000 foreign fans flocked to Seoul’s Jamshil to meet him in a fan meeting promotional event sponsored by Lotte Duty Free Shop in celebration of the recent opening of a new Lotte World Shopping Mall in the southeast of Seoul. The company said it had to mobilize 20 charter planes, 300 charter buses, and even a cruise ship to carry the fans to the venue.

In the fan meeting event that was held for three days, he sang “My Everything,” the theme song in the smash-hit TV drama The Heirs. He followed up with three more songs from previous shows. Lotte Duty Free Shop figured that the economic value created from the event would be in the range of 50 billion won (US$46 million) from the foreign tourists’ stay for three days.

The duty-free shop operator has held similar concerts every year since 2006. This year, it joined with the Korea Tourism Organization to hold a foreigners-only event. This is the third such event this year after ones in April and August.

By Lina Jang (linajang@koreabizwire.com)

http://koreabizwire.com/lee-min-hos-upcoming-movie-gangnam-1970-already-sold-through-asian-markets/23602

----

Correction on this article: My Everything is OST for Boys Over Flowers. LMH also sang Painful Love which is OST for The Heirs. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

Kim Rae-won sheds 15kg for ‘Gangnam 1970’

Updated : December 03 2014

Actor Kim Rae-Won reduced about 15 kilograms of body weight to fit perfectly into his character in the film “Gangnam 1970.”

It was Kim who volunteered to undertake the massive diet, film distributer Showbox said on Wednesday. The Korean heartthrob also asked for more realistic fist-to-fist details in the fighting scenes, the company said.

Left: Kim Rae-won appears on a still photo of film "Gangnam 1970" after reducing 15 kilograms in body weight on Wednesday. (Showbiz)
Right: Kim Rae-won attends the press conference for film "My Little Hero" on Dec. 7, 2012. (OSEN)

Co-starring Kim and Lee Min-ho, “Gangnam 1970” portrays the two men’s desire for money and friendship in Gangnam, Seoul, in the 1970s when the region was experiencing a real estate boom.

Actor Kim Rae-won appears on the official poster of film "Gangnam 1970." (Showbiz)

In the action noir film, the Korean star plays the role of Baek Yong-gi, a bootlegger who is not afraid of stabbing his closest friends in the back for money and success. The character is best described by three words: ambition, desire and reality.

Brought up in an orphanage, Baek grows up to find that life is nothing but a series of brutal power games. After he rises to the No.2 position of his gangster group, the ambitious man becomes even more heartless as he aims to become its leader.

(additional part from my point of view: It's an interesting character really, as I saw his Sunflower movie, he must be as cool as his role as Oh Tae-sik, even cooler as Baek Yong-gi? I'm sure Kim Rae Won will nail this character and give extra charm to his newest gangster role). 

“Baek Yong-gi is a very realistic character. I tried my best to fully reflect the life of a young man who had no other option than to live in wretched desire,” Kim said in a statement.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)
source

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

Lee Min-ho devotes himself to action for ‘Gangnam 1970’

Updated : December 03 2014

Lee Min-ho (Showbox)

Actor Lee Min-ho will display fierce action skills in the upcoming film “Gangnam 1970.”

“Lee devoted himself to his action scenes without a single complaint, enduring all minor injuries. Thanks to his efforts, his action scenes turned out to be successful,” the action director for the film was quoted as saying.

In the noir film, Lee plays the role of Jong-dae, who spent his childhood in an orphanage and gets involved in the lives of gangsters with his friend Yong-ki, played by Kim Rae-won.
(additional comment: I need more detailed information about your Kim Jong Dae character Minho ssi, but no worries, I already falling in love with you even before knowing what role you'll portray in this movie :)) )

Lee Min-ho (Showbox)

The movie portrays the two men’s desire for money and friendship in Seoul’s Gangnam district in the 1970s, when the region began changing due to a boom in real estate investment.

Due to the 27-year-old actor’s worldwide popularity, the distribution rights for his first lead-role movie have been sold in 11 Asian countries. The film is scheduled to be released in January.

By Kim Min-jin (minjin103@heraldcorp.com)
source

class="entry-title" style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"Film ‘Gangnam 1970’ to Open January 21! Still Photos of Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-wonPosted by: suhihi00 , December 10, 2014

http://www.getitk.com/film-gangnam-1970-to-open-january-21-still-photos-of-lee-min-ho-and-kim-rae-won/?lang=en&ckattempt=2

Film <Gangnam 1970>, directed by Yu Ha, is a story of desire, loyalty, and betrayal unfold in the background of Gangnam in early 70s. This film has been attracting huge attention with cast of Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won.

Film <Gangnam 1970> has been confirmed to open on January 21 next year. And, still photos of Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won, who showed great acting as Jong-dae and Yong-gi, have been released.

In the film, Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won appear as good friends ‘Jong-dae’ and ‘Yong-gi’ who are so close like brothers. ‘Jong-dae’ and ‘Yong-gi’ are both orphan and count on each other. Sources said they showed good harmony during shooting as well.

Lee Min-ho said, “Film shooting location I visited for the first time was Kim Rae-won’s <My Little Bride>. I have really admired Kim Rae-won. So, it was such an honor to work with him in this film.”

Director Yu Ha said, “‘Jong-dae’ and ‘Yong-gi’ should look very shabby. But, it was really hard because they both look good on any outfit.”

Film <Gangnam 1970> starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won opens on January 21 next year.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Showbox/Mediaplex, Inc., Translated by Park Kayla

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

Second article showing Minho admiration for Kim Rae Won. So you are a fan of Kim Rae Won, Minho ssi? Me too.
He's one of the best korean actor for me, he's perfect in both the movie and drama :)
It's like a nice surprise to see Minho acted along side him, both of my favorite actors in one movie, how I wish I could watch this movie on big screen.

Lee Min-ho's "Gangnam Blues" to compete with Ha Jeong-woo's "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant"

"Gangnam Blues" is being released on the 21st of January.

Showbox released stills of Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won.

The stills show Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won's two-shot. This their first time co-acting and they play Jong-dae and Yong-gi, orphans who are closer than any other brothers.

Lee Min-ho had mentioned that he wanted to work with Kim Rae-won even before the casting started. He said, "The first movie site I went to was "My Little Bride" when I was 20 and Kim Rae-won is someone I just looked up to.

Kim Rae-won and Lee Min-ho together create synergy. Not only do they work well together, but their good looks and height make them look perfect in anything. Standing together, they draw all the attention of the staff.

Director Yoo Ha said, "They all look like models in anything so I had to make it look more out-of-date". (Yes director Yoo Ha, they both very good looking and charismatic :) )

Yoo Ha who directed "Once Upon A Time In Highschool" and "A Dirty Carnival" is coming out with his third action movie "Gangnam Blues" which is about the desire, loyalty and betrayal of two men when Kangnam was just started to be developed.

source

Archived