[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

SongMira

Guest jellylovesfaith

HI guys! I'm new to this thread but I'm so excited for this movie. So sad that it's only coming out in december but oh well, nearly half the year is gone... just thought i'd post this really cool fanmande poster :D 
cr: to owner 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jellylovesfaith Finally you're coming to this thread. Welcome! :)
@yumenas thanks for updating with new gangnam blue bts photos

Oh recently there no updates in this thread, I will repost updates from Lee Minho thread, thanks to Lee Minho's fans especially Zinnia for her translation.

The originally post in Korean posted on 22 or 23 April.
UEPtODP.jpg

Translation based on photo above
zinnia said:

We ate this healthful food with the director, Mr Kim Rae Won, Mr Lee Min Ho, and the supervisors at every department after shooting.

A great combination made of ginsengs, abalones, ducks, and small octopuses. ^^

When I come to Suncheon again, I will eat it again definitely.

Guest jellylovesfaith

Hehe yes @alesia44‌ cannot resist our minho's charm :) Aww they look so sweet together in the pics above...but we may not see them like this in the movie judging by the plot. It already sounds super interesting though

Hi, this is the first time to leave a post here.  Thanks @alesia44 for uploading translations. ^^

The anonymous GB staff has left messages in a Lee Min Ho's Korean fan site, DC LMH gall from time to time.

So for you who are interested in GB, I will post the translations of them here.

They were originally for LMH fans, so I hope you will be understanding. ^^

The black part below is the translation, not my comment.

25th April 2014

e1f66852tw1efrxduwhihj204m08amxk.jpg

Gangnam Blues_10% spoiler of Jong Dae

After I saw you try to mend your broken hearts creating various photoshoped images of a pretty beggar Jong Dae at the mention of Hodu <she is a fan in DC>, I give you a very limited part of real Jong Dae. 

I am showing it to you only to the extent of helping(?) you imagine him after cutting and magnifying it among some photos I received as location check. (quality doomed) 

Actually they are supposed to be only for me, but I dare to leak a confidential info(?) or release a spoiler(?) because I can't forget you.  

By any chance you may not welcome it, but if that's the case, just let me know quietly without barking at me. I will take care of this post and the photo ASAP. 

All the staff and actors are encouraging one another and treading along the preprogrammed path silently now even though it is hopeless enough to cause them to sigh. <s/he is referring to Korea's mourning sentiment now.> 

As you can see, this is a ragpicker's basket in the photo, and there is SOMEBODY next to it. 

I'm not sure whether I should be pleased, grieving, or smiling at him who is radiating great chemistry even with rags... 

He is walking deep into Jong Dae's life as everyday passes.

Should I say, "Don't reupload this without permission, because it is meaningless as it is anyway?"

comment 

I would like you to watch his courage and endeavor rather than miserable setting and background... It is needless to say to you after all. Well, I might get worried as I get old.

Another message from the staff this morning.

NL1aUBo.jpg

Gangnam Blues_Jong Dae's right arm_2

Seeing you miss and cry out Jong Dae or wonder his whereabouts, I am at a loss as if throbbing. Asking myself if those symptoms are the signs that I am prying too much, in the end, I've come to the conclusion that it's just 'the same heart, the same mind' as always.

Jong Dae the ragpicker turned around a corner after colliding some unexpected situations.

Nowadays Jong Dae wears a shirt instead of rags in still black, no more dirty, and loosely combed back hair style.

While I showed the picture of his shabby right arm of the ragpicker last time, today I give you this picture of his right arm where he was in the car with his company as if he sported the splendor of a white shirt once again.

What we should do now is awaiting how Kim Jong Dae, Baek Yong Gi and Kang Gil Su with his gangs will unfold the story of 'houses', 'land', and 'survival' in the maelstrom of greed and power in the east side of Youngdeungpo, the origin of vulgar capitalism of Korea.

* As my own personal view, Jong Dae is well suited with Yong Gi(KRW), great with Gil Su(JJY), and well matched with Min Sung Hee(KJS). (after all, he is exploding such chemistry with anybody, which he himself knows it or not...)

** I'm still shy and timid, so if many of you are uncomfortable with this photo and post, please be easy on me. Bye~

comment 

It really is 'the same heart, the same mind'. I can't give you the entire picture, which is because this is not the right time, not because I lack my sincerity, you know that? If I can make your today happy by this blurry his right arm photo, I am moved. I will try his left arm, or other body part for that matter next time. keke. Have a beautiful Tuesday...

Showbox locks deals for Kundo, Gangnam BluesBy Kevin Ma of FilmbizAsia
tumblr_n5tdfvNwvC1tx7ds3o1_1280.jpg
Sales News
Showbox/Mediaplex Inc 쇼박스 미디어플렉스 has sold overseas distribution rights to two of their biggest titles of 2014.(omit unrelated)Showbox has also sold distribution rights to most Asian territories for YU Ha 유하 | 庾河's Gangnam Blues 강남 블루스, starring heartthrob LEE Min-ho 이민호 | 李敏鎬. Rights for the film has been sold to China, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong's Edko Films Ltd 安樂影片有限公司. The film is currently in production and it set for release in December.

The GB staff's another message in DC LMH gallery on 19th May 2014

Gangnam Blues_story on actor Lee Min Ho

Since my sincere affection for actor Lee Min Ho led me here, I have always been moved by you who share joy and happiness supporting actor Lee unanimously at this place.

I am surprised again realizing that being 'such considerate fans' is not as easy nor simple as I thought it would be.

I dare to say that it is unmeasurable 'love' to give up on the simple desire, greed or wish about actor Lee Min Ho you love of wanting to 'see him personally', 'take pictures of him', and 'touch him' and wait for the sake of not 'me' but 'him'.

I see it possible to take a breather in keeping the love only if you always 'keep an arm's length' between any love relationships (regardless between parent-child, siblings, friends, or lovers).

Sorry for my prolonged babbling without a small piece of picture. I can't guarantee it, but if possible, I will try to post the pictures of actor Lee among snapshots taken as recordings at the site after proper procedures when Gangnam Blues is released.

You are truly entitled to enjoy such belated happiness...

It seems that filming is made on the five-day basis, and moving to locations and setting for the remaining two days.

As I heard secondhand, actor Lee said at the shooting site he is very happy to work on Gangnam Blues now discussing the character's emotions and the details with the director Yoo Ha even for only several second or minute scenes and progressing with repeating pros and cons whereas he had to empathize and act in a hurry at drama shooting where they were extremely pressed for time and had to broadcast some scenes filmed on that day.

For example, they discuss whether Jong Dae should stand with his hands in pockets or clasped behind his back when somebody calls Jong Dae out to say a disagreeable thing to him... whether Jong Dae should lower his gaze asking a favor of the other or rather pull a bluff out of bravado as a scamp... (Don't worry I'm not releasing spoilers)

And he also seems to express his joy and gratitude at harmonizing delicately with all other senior actors and eagerness of all the staff who spare no efforts at every moment.

Do these stories sound less interesting?

Though I disappear completely after Gangnam Blues release anyway, I just wanted to share as much as possible for this temporary period of time, which I regard as my reward for many things I got from all of you before GB.

I hope my words or deeds will not be inappropriate or uncomfortable, but if that's the case, please be easy on me again.

(I guess you will say a word that my sentences and writing style are archaic. Somewhat rigid in my eyes too? I will write delightfully next time.)

• 2 weeks later...

# Kim Rae Won Update [20140529]
- Caption : 한컷만 공개하겠어요^^ 여기는 전라도..

Boxaio8IEAA2AFz.jpg:large
cr : KIM RAE WON 김래원 Twitter

I would like to say "Thank you" to @alesia44, @zinnia and @all friends from LMH thread. ^^
Thanks a lot for @all LMH fans who always update this thread and share information from LMH thread.
You guys are awesome! :-bd

The reason i'm in here is because of KRW oppa. I miss him so much.
I also like LMH and i can't wait to see LMH and KRW in Gangnam Blues.

Honestly, to find information about KRW is little hard. :(
Not many updates from him and many fans / forum less-active. :(
But there are still loyal fans who always waiting for KRW.
I will try to invite other friends from KRW thread for active in here. :)>-

@everyone thanks for update! Gangnam Blues Fighting! \m/

Hi all... Thank you for the updates....

@Alesia44... I remember well that award ceremony with Lee Min-Ho and Kim Rae-won standing next to each other... As soon as they were both cast for this film, I was thinking of that too.... :)

Here are the confirmed cast members according to Hancinema.

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_Gangnam_Blues.php#casting

Guest kpopinfinityyy

SongMira said: itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 1.6em; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important;"Lee Min Ho confirmed to star in upcoming film 'Gangnam Blues'486342.jpg

Lee Min Ho has confirmed that he will be starring in Korean director Yoo Ha’s next film, Gangnam Blues (Land gate, Gangnam 1970). He will be earnestly expanding his career on the big screen with this action film noir.

Gangnam Blue is set in Seoul's Gangnam district in the 1970s. The story revolves around the political authorities and dark societal forces who conspired together while Gangnam was beginning to develop into the richest area of Seoul. Lee Min Ho will be playing the main character who suffers a tragic fate. Many fans look forward to watching him act out such a dramatic role that's full of hardships.

It seems that being cast as a lead character of Yoo Ha’s film is an unmissable opportunity for Lee Min Ho, who starred in two films in 2008, but whose career in the world of cinema has yet to be proven. Director Yoo Ha has previously helped Kwon Sang Woo and Jo In Sung jump to stardom in the Korean film industry when they were still new faces.

Director Yoo Ha revealed that although many other actors showed interest in this film, he had Lee Min Ho in his mind for a long time while drawing up the project. He said, “I anticipate that Lee Min Ho will have a synergistic effect. He is an actor who has many charms and individuality with his charisma and handsome appearance."

Lee Min Ho will begin filming this drama in March 2014, and Gangnam Blues will be released in late 2014. Let's hope Lee Min Ho lands his breakout role as a movie star in this film!

Archived