[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

SongMira

Not sure if it's really for GB... but alot of sources says it's the 1st shoot
Spotted Lee Min Ho today 04/07/2014 at Namsan Park  
Edit: Hmmm seems like it's false alarm. :P

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Young Do's Dad' Choi Jin Ho Confirmed to Join 'Gangnam Blues

Choi Jin Ho, who acted as ‘Young Do’s dad’ on SBS’s The Heirs will be joining the cast members of Gangnam Blues.

Choi Jin Ho has been confirmed to take on the role of congressman ‘Park Seung Gu,’ a power hungry politician who joins hands with a gangster group headed by Baek Yong Gi (Kim Rae Won) to get what he wants.

63442002.jpg

After reading scenario for Gangnam Blues, Choi Jin Ho said, “The scenario pulls you in as you read it. I’m happy to be meeting with the audience through a good project. I will try by my best to show good acting.”

Meanwhile, Gangnam Blues is an action noir film about the political power joining forces with the dark sides of the society during 1970’s in Gangnam, when the real estate market began growing at a tremendous rate.

Source : mwave

Hello guys! My first post here. I'm excited for this movie too and honestly cannot wait to see Lee Min-ho showing his gorgeous perfect body and the side of him that we've never seen before. Tempting! 
Actress Kim Ji Soo is really, really lucky to have the opportunity that I'm sure millions if not billions of us would kill to have. She gets to do a love scene with Lee Min-ho, our No 1 Asian Male God! I'm so green with envy. One lucky, lucky woman she is :) I'm sure they'll do great, I hope we'll get to see some BTS teasers as they go along filming the movie.
Can't wait for it to come out! One of the most anticipated movies this year in my list.

Another Actor From "The Heirs" Join "Gangnam Blues"
BY Julie Jones | Apr 11, 2014 11:41 AM EDT

choi-jin-ho.jpg?w=600

When Lee Min Ho shows up on the set of his first film, "Gangnam Blues," he may find it reassuring to see a familiar face. Choi Jin Ho, who played Choi Young Do's not-so-loving father in the SBS hit drama "The Heirs" has also taken a role in the gangster noir film.

While the two did not interact too often on the popular k-drama, they may have more to do with each other in the film.

"Gangnam Blues," also called "Land Gate," is set in the 1970s. Today Gangnam is one of Seoul's most populated and fashionable districts. It's home to all the major entertainment companies and has become famous worldwide due to Psy's song "Gangnam Style."

But the neighborhood's transition to its current fashionable state was not without incident.

In the 1970s, as the area was rapidly being developed, plenty of people tried to cash in on the real estate deals. Gangsters clashed with politicians in an effort to make as much money as possible by manipulating the market. Gangsters brokered illegal deals and intimidated anyone who got in their way. And for the right price, politicians occasionally looked the other way.

In "Gangnam Blues," Lee Min Ho plays Kim Dong Jae, a man who tries to stand up to gangsters and corrupt politicians alike. Choi Jin Ho will play one of those politicians, a corrupt congressman named Park Seung Gu. To gain wealth and power, Park Seung Gu allies himself with the gangsters who have moved into the Gangnam real estate market. Baek Yong Gi, played by Kim Rae Won, is the leader of the gang he partners with.

Choi Jin Ho took the role because he was fascinated by the script.

"The screenplay pulls you in as you read it," said Choi Jin Ho. "I'm happy to be meeting the audience in such a good project."

Before the 45-year-old actor played Kim Woo Bin's mean dad in "The Heirs," he had roles in dozens of dramas and films. His recent dramas include "Incarnation of Money," "My Love, Madame Butterfly, " Phantom," "City Hunter" and "Athena Goddess of War."

His most recent films were "The Terror Live" and "The Thieves."

Also starring in the film are Kim Ji Su, playing Min Sung Hee and Seol Hyun, playing Kim Sun Hye, Kim Dong Jae's younger sister.

Filming begins this week.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Lee Min Ho says goodbye to fans in China before leaving for 'Gangnam Blues' fliming

Sad news for fans in China!  Actor Lee Min Ho will be leaving the country very soon, but this leaves good news for fans in Korea!  He will be returning in order to engage in filming for upcoming movie 'Gangnam Blues.'

The movie 'Gangnam Blues' will start filming in the middle of this month!

Full article read in allkpop

Lee Minho (이민호) says goodbye to fans in China before leaving for 'Gangnam Blues' filming
lee-min-ho_1397249217_af_org.jpg

Sad news for fans in China!  Actor Lee Min Ho will be leaving the country very soon, but this leaves good news for fans in Korea!  He will be returning in order to engage in filming for upcoming movie 'Gangnam Blues.'

He said farewell to his fans in China on April 11 via Weibo: "Everybody, I'm returning to Korea soon.  I'm going to go to Korea and diligently take part in the movie filming.  As quickly as possible, I will come back to see everybody.  I will miss you.  Take care of your health."

He included a picture of him looking sad to depart as he gives a small pout and a sullen look at the camera.  

The movie 'Gangnam Blues' will start filming in the middle of this month!

cr AKP

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"i'm so excited too see this movie. i like Seolhyun a lot. Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won will be perfect match too. when i first read the synopsis, its remain me about 'The Commitment' movie. bcause they have same plot about a brother that loves his sister much. so i expect this movie more :) waiting for next update XD

Guest sachaaimee

The truth is I will wait patiently for this movie because I want to meet LMH again... :x :x :\"> :\"> how can he be that charming and take my attention as always.... it is interesting to watch him act not as a chaebol teenager... twice is enough... gangnam blues will explore more side of him that we may never seen before... will he do some fight again like in city hunter??? I hope so...

Guest sachaaimee

The opppsite cast (female) for LMH is way too old... the age gap kinda bothering me...but the casting process must have thru a lot and its already best taken for the sake of the story... uuuh so envy with you eonnie....

A staff of Gangnam Blues posted this on DC this morning
이쁜 미노소들 모두 자고 있지?
드디어 오늘 4월16일 아침 8시경 강남블루스가 크랭크인에 들어간단다.
그리고 지금으로부터 약 40여년 전 어느 소도시 하천가에 스물셋 나이의 김종대가 모습을 드러낼테지.
그곳에 우리가 보아온 이민호는 없다. 그의 전작들에서 보아온 부유한 풍모도, 도회적 멋도, 비밀스러운 포스도, 정직한 자태도 없을 것이다.
그러니 아름다운 이민호를 기다리지도 말고 리얼 김종대에 당황하지도 말기를.
우리가 그리고 사람들이 "이거 이민호 맞아?" "종대가 그 때 그 탄이 맞어?" 한다거나 "이민호가 아닌 다른 누구도 김종대일 수 없었을거야"라고 말하게 된다면
우리의 배우 이민호는 진정 배우로서 새로운 도약을 한 후 더 큰 비상중일테니.
배우 이민호가 그의 팬들 뿐 아니라 일반인들에게 두루두루 인정받고 사랑받으며 그의 길을 가길 바래.
여전히 '청년 이민호'는 스스로 '배우 이민호'를 위해 해야할 일이 많으며 '배우 이민호'를 위해 '그의 팬'들 또한 해야할 일이 많을것 같다.
우선, 지금 우리가 할 수 있는 일은 그가 온전한 김종대로 살아가도록 내버려두고 기다리는 것일테지.
우리의 아름다운 배우가 가장 초라하고 처절한 모습으로 바닥을 뒹굴 때에, 우리는 김종대의 아픔과 이민호의 노력을 함께 끌어안아주자.
다음 기회에 내게 허락되는 천기누설(? ㅋㅋ)이 있다면 다시 오마.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=551156

Translation on the above post
zinnia said:

This is a message from an anonymous staff of Gangnam Blues.

When Kim Jong Dae's name came out for the first time in the news last year, there was a typo as "Jong Bae".

Then somebody came to DC LMH Gall and corrected his name as Jong Dae when most fans didn't know about it.

Well, I suppose the person who posted this morning can be the same one as last year. But I can't be sure, just my guess.

Gangnam Blues Crank in

Are you all sleeping now, pretty Minoz Cows?

At last, Gangnam Blues will crank in around 8 o'clock in the morning today.

And 23-year old Kim Jong Dae will appear at a riverside in a small town approximately 40 years before.

There will be no Lee Min Ho who we all have seen so far. You will never see rich, urban-suave, mysterious, nor honest features of him from his previous works.

So please don't expect beautiful Lee Min Ho and don't be bewildered at real Kim Jong Dae.

If not only we but also other people say, "Is he Lee Min Ho?", "Is Jong Dae the same person as Kim Tan?", or "Nobody can be Kim Jong Dae except Lee Min Ho.", our Lee Min Ho will step up further as an actor and fly higher.

I hope actor Lee Min Ho will be recognized and loved by common people as well as his fans on his way of acting career.

'A young man Lee Min Ho' still has many things for 'an actor Lee Min Ho' on his own, and 'his fans' also have a lot of things for 'their actor Lee Min Ho' in my opinion.

First and foremost, what we have to do is to let him live wholly as Kim Jong Dae and to wait.

When our beautiful actor writhes in the gutter as the most miserable and wretched form, let's embrace Kim Jong Dae's pain and Lee Min Ho's endeavor together.

When I am permitted to leak another confidential info(^^) next time, I will come again.

Finally an update from Gangnam Blues filming location in Suncheon!

From what I understand it said
Dudung~~! Drama shooting^^
#Welcome^^ Lee Min Ho, Kim Rae Won~
#Gangnam Blues

note: maybe someone who posted this info doesn't know it is a movie shooting, so s/he wrote drama shooting.
i6iLXrxyR3qc2.jpg
1897692_631866133561276_1225164013971106
983630_631866150227941_40344076905893395
cr: dc

@SongMira ... thank you for introducing "Gangnam Blues" in this soompi thread. I am very much looking forward to a totally new character Lee Min Ho will be portraying here. I do not want to recognize him in any way or any form of his former characters he's done before in this first movie of his. Lee Min Ho I know you can do it! Fighting! and to "Gangnam Blues" movie production, Fighting! and also to Kim Jong Dae, Fighting!  :-bd

Archived