[Official Thread] ♔ MinShin (Lee Min Ho & Park Shin Hye) ♔ - Thread 1

Guest pluie

oha123 said: imels said:

• · Is your body okay now? Are there any after effects of the car accident?

I’m fine, but when it rains, it really hurts. (Laughs) I originally couldn’t get up on the days that it rained, but after the accident, my body become heavy and uncomfortable and starts hurting two days before it rains. I feel sad that my body feels things like that at my age. When I say “Is it going to rain tomorrow? My body aches,” kids around me ask me what am I saying. Even when I stand for a little bit, my legs swell up. I’ll have to carry the after effects of the car accident for the rest of my life.
    it is fate or coincident? Shin hye had a car accident before that interview, and LMH also had car accident back in 2006....

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gema said:

Out of boredom i counted: 11 hugs-back and front 5 kisses on the lips(yes, including THE kiss) 2 pecks on the cheek 1 forehead kiss 3 almost kiss (including donut kiss) Did i miss anything? Any other k-dramas with equal or moe skinship like MinShin in Heirs?

xiux said: My dear chinggus... looks like I need to really get to work every time I visit this thread!! Haha I'm totally not complaining :) I love the resourcefulness of you peeps, but I'm really sorry if my translations aren't fast enough. I come here only at the end of the day and translations take time!! Will break it up into a few posts okay? And WELCOME to all newbies. You will find joy here :D

First one, the Chinese newspaper article...sorry the resolution is actually not very good actually most of the text is unreadable! But this is the little I can gather after zooming in and out dozens of times.

Title: Oppa, Oppa, it's really hard to meet you!
Lee Minho's dashing smile conquers countless fans

Intimately nicknamed "The Long-legged one" by his fans, how popular exactly is LMH?

(The gist of the article is about how hard it is to get a glimpse of LMH. The first "obstacle" is the financial cost of getting a ticket to see him. There are only 400 regular tickets and 20 VIP tickets, and they cost 3600 RMB (!!) Someone even spent 6000 RMB to meet him. The second "obstacle" is the long queues of people who lined up to see him. People camped overnight to wait for him, and the lines were 300 meters long!

The two side articles are about how
a) Even though he is a sex symbol he is also very shy, and that he likes girls with an opinion. There was some discussion in our thread about whether assertive has negative connotations or not, but I think "having an opinion" is closer to the original Chinese. If anybody else disagrees, please feel free to express :) Anyway, I personally think it's GREAT to be assertive but I can understand if there are cultural differences in interpreting a word like "Assertive" :)
b)Why is LMH such an ahjumma-killer? (As in, why do older ladies like him so much?) The subtitle mock-quotes, "Even though I'm not the most handsome, a tender gaze is my specialty." That's all I can make out sorry! I doubt that's a verbatim quote!

Also for clarity's sake, I translate the Chinese term "nan2 shen2" as "sex symbol" though the literal translation would be "god". I think sex symbol is closer in meaning and a smoother translation because I feel like calling someone a god in English is a little over-the-top to the point of mocking someone. But I think there are some forum readers here who think the term "sex symbol" means somebody who is overtly sexy and has a very provocative image. I just want to clarify that actually the term just means somebody who is so great and iconic and influential in terms of style and reputation that they become a symbol for their GENDER (also sometimes called sex), and not necessarily because they're super sexy. That's not to say sex symbols aren't sexy though -- I think both LMH and PSH surely are :D

alesia44 said: oha123 said: imels said:

• · Is your body okay now? Are there any after effects of the car accident?

I’m fine, but when it rains, it really hurts. (Laughs) I originally couldn’t get up on the days that it rained, but after the accident, my body become heavy and uncomfortable and starts hurting two days before it rains. I feel sad that my body feels things like that at my age. When I say “Is it going to rain tomorrow? My body aches,” kids around me ask me what am I saying. Even when I stand for a little bit, my legs swell up. I’ll have to carry the after effects of the car accident for the rest of my life.
    it is fate or coincident? Shin hye had a car accident before that interview, and LMH also had car accident back in 2006....

TerryG said: @faidaris, Yes!! We saw it correctly!! =)) 
We were tending to believe that it was PSH that had never been kissed like that before...but now I wonder if LMH has ever been kissed back like that in R/L?  Clearly there is no on screen evidence(Personal Taste was decently awkward, but it lags way behind this one).  :-?

Guest destinii23

faidaris said: loveisintheair said: Hi all.. This is my first time ever to post a comment in soompi. I've been lurking to this thread almost every time in everyday but never leave any comment... Untill i saw @faidaris question about if there is another great kissing scene like our minshin couple in the kdramas.. And my answer is YES there is.. They are yooina n jhw "queen inhyun's man" if you haven't watched it, then you should!!! They're my first couple to ship in the kdrama world.. N lucky me that they are in a relathionship right now (you can see their story in inhyun's couple here in soompi, in case you didn't know the story) As for our lmh n psh, i really lovee them both together and want them to end up just like my other lovely couple yooina n jhw..

Jennifer Santos said:@ faidaris..hahaha kissing expert..cute still re watching The Heirs??? the next thing I know you will be able to say all the dialogue PSH and LMH saying in each hugging and kissing scene...I am still on board of this ship....Welcome to our new MinShin shipper...happy posting .Good night ,love ....

Guest Alina Lacramioara Condrat

what are you girls doing this to me ?????
how can I regain my mental stability if you keep dissecting the closet's KISS scene over and over AGAIN :)) ;))
this thread is dangerous for my innocent mind  =)) =)) =))
you guys transformed me into a vicious person  :D:D:D!!!!!

Guest pattituazon

@destinii23 Oh gosh, that photo just made my heart race. Like seriously. Hahahaha. I should be doing a paper for class right now. Argghhh what to do??  8->

They (YIN & JHW) were sizzling with chemistry in the show! One of the major points for this drama is really their chemistry. To the point where people were questioning whether they were dating. (Sounds familiar? xD) Then JHW did his famous declaration during the fan meet/last episode screening. YIN officially announced their relationship during her radio show, even though the paparazzi published their photos a day before -with YIN proudly showing a V-sign to them LOL)
Check out the tip toe kiss! Although they said it was very difficult to film, it turned out beautifully. If you want to see their on-screen turned off-screen chemistry, check out their date in the episode after the tip toe kiss.
The show had quite a few kisses as well, and it was kind of expected since it's a cable (tVN) drama, so you have to pay for subscription to the channels. You can't compare the level of skinship for Heirs and QIHM (Queen In Hyun's Man), since one is a national channel, and the other a cable channel.
In QIHM, the main leads' chemistry can really be seen seeping off the seams of their characters in part of 1, their characters in the drama are really quite similar to themselves, and 2, their acting is quite frankly, not at the level of our LMH and PSH. I guess it is also the reason why it didn't take them long to realise that they are in love with each other and not with each other's characters.

I think that's why it's much harder for us to determine whether it is LMH-PSH's chemistry or KT-CES's chemistry. But real chemistry can be felt with our hearts, and obviously, all of us onboard felt it. Also, since KT/CES are different from their real selves, it's why their chemistry grew along with the series.

I really hope this scene happened in their real lives, with PSH accepting LMH's hand and to go forward together. Jik-Jin.

I also was watching QIHM good chemistry too JHW and YIN. But I'm not be their shipper but so happy when I know their be couple for real life... :)

Guest Alina Lacramioara Condrat

@destinii23 Oh gosh, that photo just made my heart race. Like seriously. Hahahaha. I should be doing a paper for class right now. Argghhh what to do??  8->

Hi dear ,any update for today :D ???probably not,but my stalker heart make me ask ;) !!!!

Archived