[Mainland Chinese Drama 2014] Bu Bu Jing Qing 步步惊情

sugarplum892

Guest amayah

more information: tv.sohu released the full-version until ep 4: here
but I think they are going to stop (or already did) because of political reasons (the ban?) ( here the chinese text about it for those who can read it: 共35集,更新至4集 由于政策原因完整版不再更新 移步原版 精华版 周边集锦 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest QinYiY

@amayah 
it says total 35 episode, will update till episode 4. Due to politics, the full version will not be updated, It will focus on the original version, highlights and screenshots. 
I am not sure if I translate it correctly for the last 12 words, which correspond to original ver, highlights, and screenshots. But yeah, is due to the ban >.< 

Guest amayah

@QinYiY Thanks for translating it! With original version they probably mean the one airing on TV atm, right? 
I hope they will still release the full version through another way... ><
Having our OTP connected through the past is much more interesting. Plus we also have 10th and the Emperor Daddy(sorry Idk his name ><) in this timeline- though they don't seem to be blood related with each other this time. I wondered if their past life's will play a role in the plot, esp since they chose to make Emperor Daddy to YZ's step-father.

Okay, so I watched the first few episodes and got so confused with what was happening. I did a little snooping around the Chinese forums and sites and this is the story I've gathered together. Don't read if you don't want spoilers :)
Sorry I can't put it into a spoiler tag. Spoilers are being a nuisance today and refusing to work .___.
The storyline follows BBJX where Zhang Xiao (like Ruo Xi) ends up caught between the power stuggles of 3 successors to (not a throne) but a company. Yin Zheng, Kang Si Han and Kang Si Yu are all at some point wanting to become the successor to Zheng Tian Corporations. 
In the storyline, Lan Lan is actually Zhang Xiao's older twin sister. Zhang Xiao is involved in an accident where she sees snippets of her past life with Yin Zhen, 4th Prince. She wakes up by chance crosses paths with 4th Prince who is now Yin Zheng. She goes to his company and takes up a position to find out more. There she meets Lan Lan, Yin Zheng's girlfriend. 
She also meets the other two successors and they all complicate her life. In another accident, Zhang Xiao loses her memories. She forgets all that happens and works as a normal person. She also begins to develop a relationship with Kang Si Han, but then suddenly Meng Xin Yi (Yu Tan), Si Han's betrothed returns to the country.  A love triangle develops and tragically Xin Yi dies in an unfortunately incident.  Si Han and Zhang Xiao blame themselves for this and agree to never see each other again. 
(Si Han sounds like 8th Prince)
Xin Yi's death causes emotional strife for Zhang Xiao. During her period of low, Yin Zheng comforts her and they develop feeling for each other. Zhang Xiao slower recovers her memory of their past life. During this time Si Han was kidnapped. During the kidnapping, he was abused and brutally treated. This became a wake up call for him that his kindness and endurance is nothing more than a joke. He learns of Zhang Xiao and Yin Zheng and feels that both love and family had betrayed him. He escapes by the help of another mysterious women Ma Yi Nuo who has an agenda of her own.  Si Han returns to get back all that he he had given up (company and ZX)
Zhang Xiao then finds out that Xin Yi's death actually had something to do with Yin Zheng. Their relationship begins to shatter. Ma Yi Nou also enters the picture and tries to help Si Han win over the company. A series of events occur and eventually Zhang Xiao can no longer take it. She decides to leave. Kang Si Yu, who has always been by her side as a friend decides to accompany her. (He sounds like 14th Prince!)
Zheng Tian Corporation enters a war where eternal forces threaten the company. The 3 successors work together to save the company. Yet, the bromance is short lived with the 3 entering a war of their own afterwards. Zhang Xiao can no longer stay away from the conflict and becomes deeply involved. 
(So many similarities!!!)
Please note that this comes from various sources and is as accurate as what information is out there. The final version may differ somewhat. However, it does help clear up what is happening. 

Some questions still left are - what is Lan Lan's purpose in this drama and what background does Ma Yi Nuo have?

Guest QinYiY

@mangoberrie Thanks for the explanation! I think they brought 8th and 14th character back too, although the cast changed >.< 
About Lanlan, yeah, I cant figure out why there is such a character too, she doesnt seems involved in the later part of the story? But in ep8, she was linked to Yinzheng's uncle, whom is up to no good. She doesnt seems like a "bad" person here, but rather someone who had suffered in her young days and struggling to get out of it.  
If I am not wrong, Ma Yi Nuo was acted by RouLan (Rouxi's sister in bbjx)? Even the name is similar to RouLan (Maertai Ruolan vs Ma Yi Nuo). 

Actually.. I felt quite disappointed with the plot. I was expecting to see more of how ZX (Rouxi) cope in the modern world after what she been through in the kangxi period. More of like a continuation of 4th and Rouxi's love story. And I expected 4th to "come" to the modern world to find her, with reference to "since you cant come to my world, I will go to your world to find you". Instead of having the whole bbjx drama re act in the modern world. Is not a bad idea to see how the conflicts in the past is conceptualized into the present, but I feel, if thats so, then everything is more or less predicted, Just my thoughts >.< 

@QinYiY
I know what you mean. The plot doesn't seem to be all that well put together, but I'm wondering if that is due to all the bans currently in place in China. Perhaps they've had to work around things and therefore the storyline feels disjointed. 
I'm a bit conflicted about what I would have liked in a sequel to this drama. In fact, I'm still somewhat conflicted about there being a sequel to this drama at all since the ending was so finite in BBJX. Although I would have liked to see the continuation of 4th and RX's love in the modern world, I think they would struggled to turn such into a 30 episode drama. :)
I guess re-living the problems of the past, ZX (RX) is still unable to stay away between the conflict of the brothers. It's fate replaying all over again. The only difference could be in that she makes different choices this time and so do the men involved and therefore, hopefully, the ending is not as tragic as the first. 
Since she was never able to change history, perhaps in this sequel, she can make history. 

Guest QinYiY

@mangoberrie 
True.. I feel that the ban in China didnt have that much impact on the plot. After all, with or without the ban, there is still characters like Lanlan and Ma Nuo Yi which we cant figure out why. If we did not watch the un cut version of bbjq, I guess we wont find it that disjointed, it would just be the tv and memories that felt weird.   
Maybe losing her memories enable her to restart everything again, from falling in love to decision! 

Finised 4 episodes. Although I dunno how it will turn out in later episodes, I enjoyed it so far. I think it is because it is like reliving the whole story in modern times but with some connections to the past like YZ's dream of the girl with the magnolia flower. Although I think that ZX's memory loss is better for her to fall in love with YZ all over again, I hope at the end everything will come into place. But with the ban in China, I dont know how it will turn out. Still being optimistic about the whole story though.

Guest QinYiY

The plot is getting really confusing!! apparently Lanlan is ZX's twin sister. I thought in the un cut-ed version, she was maertai ruoxi from the past? How did she became the twin? 

No idea...it feels like Lan Lan's presence is really to set the love triangle up...unless something surfaces later in the story.
In episode 19, I thought Kang Si Han was going to propose. Is it just me or do they actually look cute together? LOL

Guest QinYiY

@mangoberrie I am lagging behind, just finished ep 16
The entire plot is so complicated that I watch each episode with fear, dont know what to anticipate!! Having said this, I take back my words about feeling disappointed with this drama. Indeed, it live up to it's name scarlet heart (feelings?). I suppose the plot would be better with the original time wrapped background and maertai ruoxi in the present, but without it, it is still exciting. 
I have a gut feeling that Ma Yi Nuo is Lanlan. Ma Yi Nuo is acted by rouxi's sister in bbjx, and I remember reading off some news on bbjq that rouxi sister will act as ZX's sister in bbjq. Also, since Lanlan's face is disfigured due to the accident, and she ran away.. Probably she changed her face and come back to take revenge on YZ's uncle (which explains the mysterious part?)    

@QinYiY, 
Ma Yi Nuo will died under Kang Shi Han's hand when he put poisons in the wine that Nicky character and Ma Yi Nuo drink making them drowsy. Nicky tries to save Yi Nuo by pushing and telling her to run out of the door, but Kang Shi Han got hold of Nicky and punched him down to the floor. Ma Yi Nuo runs to Kang Shi Han side begging him to stop hurting Nicky, and He pushed her away with quite a strength and She landed her back on the ground that is shattered with broken pieces of wine glass.  Nicky gets up and runs to her side, but she....

@QinYiYOh....that would make sense! I was wondering how she could make a reappearance. 
@thitu^ O_____O  Wah! What a change in character...
I'm not sure if anybody else laughed at the gift exchange between the two...it was quite original...Si Han gave Zhao Xiao a perfume sample album...okay so he is giving her his 6 years worth of "research", in return...she gives him a floral shirt? He looked so funny and weird in it  that I was happy he quickly returned to his cream coloured suits and white shirts. 

Guest QinYiY

@thitu 

how did you know what will happen?? 
It make sense that for Si Han to kill Ma Yi Nuo. Because she approached him with intention, not because she loves him, but because she wanted revenge. Plus, if Si Han knows Yi Nuo is Lan lan, and he didn't really trust/liked her in the front episode..
And since he somehow what had a chance to attack both YZ and Ma Yi Nuo with the poison..  
I am guessing Yi Nuo/Lanlan loves YZ, thats why she beg Si han to let YZ off. YZ knew Lanlan had complicated backgrounds but still accepted her for who she is. Which girl wont fall for such a man? 

@QinYiY, 
While struggling with Nicky, Si han shouts at Nicky for taking Zhang Xao away from him and asks why he still lingers around Yi Nuo when he already has Zhang Xao. This proves that Nicky still has feeling for Yi Nuo, which it similar to what happened in BBJQ where 4th ye loves Rou Xie and still cares for his wife. Back to BBJQ, Nicky hears this and tells Si Han that he already gives up on the company and would voluntarily let Si han have it, so can he just let him, Zhang Xao, and Yi Nuo off the hook. 

Man, I seriously like the actress that plays Ma Yi Nuo and Rou Lan, I hope to see her on screen more before she dies. 

"Bu Bu Jing Qing" has multiple alternate endings

"Bu Bu Jing Qing" has multiple alternate endings

It was revealed that "Bu Bu Jing Qing", the sequel to the hit Chinese TV series, "Bu Bu Jing Xin", has multiple alternate endings that will be selected based on viewers' reception.

According to Hexun, at the press conference announcing the series' broadcast, its lead actor Nicky Wu revealed that the cast had filmed multiple endings for the sequel, and that he himself has no idea whether his character, Yin Zheng will end up with Cecilia Liu's Zhang Xiao or not.

The report was also confirmed by producer, Karen Tsai, who stated, "The reason why we did this is because we don't know how to end the series."

"It's like what the Fourth Prince said in "Bu Bu Jing Xin", that the beginning of this story is up to you, but the ending is not," Tsai added.

She also revealed that even the original series had an alternate ending, which reveals that the driver that crashed into Zhang Xiao at the beginning of the drama was actually the modern-day Yin Zheng.

"But we removed it away because we were afraid that portraying Nicky Wu as a problematic driver would reflect badly on his image," said Tsai.

Source

Archived