Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Korean Actors Who Are Dearly Missed In K-Dramas

Many popular Korean actors are currently in hiatus and are missed dearly by their fans. Most of them are on a break from the spotlight due to military service while others are for other personal reasons. Here are some of the Korean actors that fans hope to see again on TV or on the big screen not only because of their impressive visuals but also their exceptional talent in acting.

Kang Ha Neul

Lee Min Ho is not the only The Heirs actor that is expected to complete military service this year, Kang Ha Neul too. The actor got enlisted on September 11, 2017, and he will be discharged on May 19.

Aside from The Heirs, he also appeared in TV series Misaeng: Incomplete Life and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo and co-lead with Park Seo Joon in 2017 movie Midnight Runners.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46706/20190305/korean-actors-who-are-dearly-missed-in-k-dramas.htm

• 3 weeks later...

***  I heard that KHN was involved in a car accident last March 26. The military musical was on their way to a performance when they suffered a minor car crash. The cast members were taken to the hospital for a check-up, and the performance was cancelled. The actors' injuries are minor.  Kang Ha Neul was not seriously injured. :o

• Like 1

18 K-Drama Actors With The Most Adorable Eye Smiles

Is there anything cuter than a dazzling eye smile? You know, the ones that make a person’s eyes crinkle up like glowy little crescent moons?

In our totally unbiased opinion *cough*, some of the world’s best eye smiles belong to K-drama actors. After all, in Dramaland, eye-smiling is a resume-worthy skill. What better way to melt your true love’s heart than with a grin that’s guaranteed to bring instant squee? Here for your viewing pleasure are 18 of our faves — take a deep, steadying breath and dive right in!

4. Kang Ha Neul

kang-ha-neul.gif

The smile of a tease who keeps torturing us by doing movies instead of dramas.

Check out the first episode of Kang Ha Neul’s drama “Missing Noir M”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

***  Musical Shinheung Military Academy will finally resume performances starting TODAY, March 28th. Due to the traffic accident in the afternoon of March 26th, the evening performance was cancelled to enable the passengers to undergo medical checkups they needed. KHN's agency said that he was fine. The cast's car collided with another car. - :o

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stars That Are Being Demobilized From the Military in 2019

photo1055482.jpg

"I declare discharge from the military".

Stars who have been serving their duties to the country are almost done. National Service is a compulsory duty every Korean man has to respond to, and the same goes for Hallyu stars. Every year, they put down their duties as stars and concentrate on doing their best for national defense.

A bunch of Hallyu stars who have had the taste of several successful films and movies were admitted to National Service and had fans waiting for them. Im Si-wan is one of them and starting with his discharge, we take a look at other stars that are done soon.

photo1055488.jpg

Kang Ha-neul

Actor Kang Ha-neul demobilizes on the 23rd of May. He joined the military in September of 2017 and served his duties in the Gyeryongdae Working Support Group Army Military Police Corps. He is an impressive character with upright behavior.

Kang Ha-neul is coming back with the KBS 2TV drama "Camellia Blooms", written by Im Sang-choon and co-starred by Gong Hyo-jin.

Kang Ha-neul plays Yong-sik, an officer from a neighboring patrol station. He is simple, pure, honest, right, valiant and loyal, but pretty reckless.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : moneys.mt.co.kr/news/...

Translation : Hancinema

• 4 weeks later...

*** It’s been too long since we haven't heard any news or update about him while on MS. Finally............. this is such good news! So glad to see him back soon. Looking forward to this day!  I have missed Kang Ha-Neul. :P

Kang Ha Neul Confirmed To Star In Rom-Com After Military Discharge

2c0bd684a5e94a6886b8b4c86b6040ab.jpeg?s=

Kang Ha Neul is gearing up to make his return to the industry!

Kang Ha Neul will be discharged from the military on May 23. According to a source from his agency, the actor plans to stand in front of press upon his military discharge to share his thoughts on completing his mandatory duties.

After enlisting in the military in September 2017, Kang Ha Neul fulfilled his service at Gyeryongdae Service Support Corps For Armed Forces in Daejeon.

While in the military, Kang Ha Neul actively participated in various military activities such as starring in the musical “Shinheung Military Academy,” performing at a ceremony to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Korean Provisional Government in April, and singing the National Anthem at the 63rd Memorial Day Commemoration Ceremony in June 2018.

After being discharged from the military, Kang Ha Neul is set to make his return to the industry through KBS’s upcoming drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title).

The drama is a romantic thriller comedy about the realistic and passionate love of three couples. The drama will follow the story of a woman named Dong Baek and how her life is tangled up with a good man, a bad man, and a cheap man.

Kang Ha Neul will play Yong Shik, a neighborhood policeman who is in love with Dong Baek. Gong Hyo Jin is currently in talks to play the role of Dong Baek, and Kim Ji Suk has also been offered a role in the drama.

Source (1)/ soompi news

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Our Sky is Back ♥ Upcoming Drama: When Camellia Blooms
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to catch one of the final showings of the Shinheung Military Academy.  **A bucket list item: to see Haneul sing in a musical in this lifetime. The ticket didn't go on sale until 2-3 weeks before I left for Seoul so it wasn't an initial plan to see any concerts or musicals or chase any stars.  So I was ecstatic at the hope of seeing Haneul, but also freaked out about travelling alone to the country side.  

My korean is elementary school level so I can't say I totally understood the musical to its fullest, but I thought Haneul's performance was amazing!  Not because I'm his fan who flew from overseas and I love all things Haneul, but initially he plays a country pumpkin. He's silly, uneducated, clumsy, and thinks joining the revolt is fun, like a social club, just to hang out with other young people.  His initial solos are calm and at regular tone. It's all about making friends and being happy. People are dying around him but he's acting like he's in a school playground??  As time goes on, as the story progresses, he learns to be a full fledge korean revolter against the japanese oppression.  He can fight, shoot, gets acknowledged by his leaders, etc.. He has purpose in life and sees the many who gave their lives for the fight for freedom.  When he discovers a frightening discovery about his bff, and is faced to make a choice between korea and his friendship, his awakened duet with his friend comes to a maddening shouting match. Haneul's voice booms loudly across the auditorium, and you are as frightened as his character gets.  Especially when they turn off the lights and a gun goes off!  Your heart goes "whaaattt??? NOO!!!!"  .....It's pretty emotional! .................Without giving the ending away, I was so happy that Haneul was able to pull of this character so convincingly, because I was kind of annoyed in the beginning that he seemed to have such a "whimpy" character.  I was like, "you went to this effort to watch him act like a fool"???? lol!  BUT I was overwhelmingly surprised, and it was worth the multiple cross country train rides to get to Chuncheon. I think that was one of best Korean musicals I've ever seen - acting wise (plot was typical korean patriotic - why not? it's an army musical/celebrating a freedom anniversary), because it was so unexpected that Haneul's character would end up being so intense and confounded.  I'm glad he got nominated for Best Actor at the Yegreen Musical Awards, even while serving. That means irregardless of the venue/current job position, Haneul still puts his greatest efforts in whatever he does! You could sense at the end of the musical, he loved what he was doing, and with whom he was doing it with.

Aside from the musical performance, I was so happy to catch a glimpse of Haneul being Haneul.  When it came to taking his final individual bow, he came out making a hand heart at the audience.  Even though he didn't get the loudest cheers, he seemed to be the most grateful from a visual point of view.  Even as they were singing the final key lines of the song, he was still waving at the audience with childlike waves and innocent smiles from ear to ear. He was the only one in this posture. Everyone was still singing and musical professional face like.  He looked at all points of the audience and waved at each section as if he was waving at every individual who was waving back at him.  It made you want to keep waving at him because he "noticed" you.  The ladies in front of me waved harder. Singing beside him, his cast mate(s) thought Haneul was so cute, and at least two of them started mimicking his child like wave back at him.  Taunting him... With the last cast mate teasing him, Haneul caught on, and just laughed in his childlike embarrassed expression back at his cast mate acknowledging his simple over excited waving technique.  It was so priceless!!  I couldn't have seen a more endearing moment that was not through a tv/computer screen.  With my own eyes, yes, Haneul is that sweet and innocent as he appears on variety shows!!!  It's not an act or persona he has to present, like roles that members of a kpop band have to play.  He's the real deal!  He may have a strong manly stare, but his facial expressions are as big and innocent as his heart.  He really is that adorkable!

Can't wait for his next performance now that he's finished his army duty!! =)

Edited by 1bin
completing the sentence
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

*** I'm excited for KHN!  Yes..............for not seeing him for almost 2yrs on the screen.  I can't wait! I missed him! :P

Kang Ha Neul And Gong Hyo Jin Confirmed For Upcoming Romance Drama

99e225cf70f54474b7cf95e397a1d6c9.jpeg?s=

Kang Ha Neul and Gong Hyo Jin will be starring together in the upcoming KBS drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title)!

Gong Hyo Jin will take the role of Dong Baek, a naive but tenacious woman who works hard to live her life despite the judgements that surround her. Although she has never been loved before, she knows how to give love and is someone that you can’t help but fall in love with once you know her.

On the other hand, “When the Camellia Blooms” is Kang Ha Neul’s first project since his discharge from the military. He will play Hwang Yong Shik, a man who is righteous and honest to a fault but possesses a unique sexiness.

“When the Camellia Blooms” explores the question of whether a person can become a miracle for another. A producer for the drama stated, “The story will showcase the warmest and freshest romance of the fall through the strong pairing of Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul. We ask for your continuous anticipation and interest.”

The drama joins the creative forces of writer Im Sang Choon, who previously created “Fight My Way,” and director Cha Young Hoon of “Uncontrollably Fond” and “Are You Human, Too?” It is scheduled to premiere in September.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul cast in upcoming KBS drama 'When The Camellia Blooms'

kang-haneul-gong-hyojinjpg.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul have been cast in a new drama!

'When The Camellia Blooms' is an upcoming KBS rom-com drama that follows a naive but strong-willed woman named Dong Baek, played by Gong Hyo Jin, as she navigates relationships with three different men. One such man is Kang Ha Neul's character Hwang Yong Sik, Dong Baek's manly, sexy love interest that often softens her up with various complements and sweet words.

The drama will be Kang Ha Neul's very first drama project after completing his two years of military service. The actor was officially discharged last May.

Meanwhile, 'When The Camellia Blooms' was written by 'Fight My Way' screenwriter Im Sang Chun and will be directed by 'Uncontrollably Fond' director Cha Young Hoon. The drama is slated to begin airing in September.

source : allkpop

• Like 1

***  Kim Ji Suk has confirmed his appearance in an upcoming drama with Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul. He will take on the role of Kang Jong Ryul, Dong Baek’s first love and a star baseball player who almost made it to the major leagues. The drama is set to air in KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday slot. This will be a romantic thriller comedy about the love between three couples. Can't wait! :P

*** I'm happy that KHN is the leading man for his comeback project this time since he's often lauded for his memorable supporting roles,. For his array of works he has been showcasing his talent range, though. KHN is oozing with charm. I hope viewers will have continuous interest on this upcoming drama. :P

• Like 1

The Oppas Are Back

Stars in their early 30s get discharged from the military.

Stars who have been playing the main roles on the small screen for a while, and left the audience for two years after being called by the nation are getting ready to return. Lee Min-ho (32), Kim Soo-hyun (31), Im Si-wan (31), Ji Chang-wook (32), Joo Won (31) and Kang Ha-neul (30) are some of them. They were actively involved with acting until right before they left for National Service, and anticipation for them is not only heightening in the showbiz, but amongst viewers too.

photo1080482.jpg

Im Si-wan, Kang Ha-neul and Ji Chang-wook are coming back in August.

Kang Ha-neul is coming back with the KBS 2TV drama "When Camellia Blooms" on the 18th of September as a naïve policeman.

The showbiz welcomes them. This is even more so because there are no major topics to talk about in the lineup of various dramas. Kang Byung-taek from the KBS drama department said, "The return of those from the military will thicken the list of names to choose from for future casting. We hope their different colors and traits bring life into the drama industry".

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

Translation : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

*** I'm happy that he's already starting filming his comeback drama. I hope the pairing will generate good chemistry. The drama premieres in September in the Wed-Thurs time slot after Justice. I miss KHN in the small screen that's why, looking forward to this. I'm excited for his comeback! Son Dam Bi will be joining Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul in this drama. She will appear as arrogant but intuitive Hyang Mi. It's been a while since the last that I've watched her in a drama. :P

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Upcoming Drama: When Camellia Blooms

*** Lee Sang-yi has been cast as supporting actor in When Camellia Blooms (from Special Labor Inspector Mr. Jo, The Third Charm). Honestly though, I’m mostly excited for the main pairing. This drama on KBS will be on Wednesday-Thursday slot & will begin airing on in September of this year. I can't wait Kang Ha-neul's contagious smile... :P

*** I’ll give this drama a go for KHN.  Missing him so much.  It is scheduled to be broadcast on KBS in September. :P It's a KBS 2TV Wednesday-Thursday drama. :P

"When The Camellia Blooms" script reading pictures

201908151041779972_5d54b8b62249512164000

photo credit : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/15/when-the-camellia-blooms-script-reading/

• Like 2

*** I have watched the BTS video of the script reading held last May! The attention was especially on Kang Ha Neul, as he had just been discharged from the military at the time. They surprised him with a bouquet of flowers and a cake.  Again, welcome back Kang Ha Neul! “When the Camellia Blooms” premieres September 18 at 10 p.m. KST. Waiting for this drama. :P

1st peek of kang ha neul @ when the camellia blooms

201908231158774580_5d5f5829e9ed445116576

First look at Kang Ha Neul in the new KBS drama, When The Camellia Blooms. He always manages to look adorably dorky. He works with Gong Hyo Jin in this quirky, feel-good rom-com.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/23/1st-peek-of-kang-ha-neul-when-the-camellia-blooms/

• Like 2