Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** This picture was posted some days ago on the SNS run by Kim Kang Hoon's mother with a caption - "The Sky I met in a long time".  Both appeared on MBC 'Radio Star' broadcasted last night, April 21st. It is a reunion after two years after they worked together in a drama "When the Camella Blooms".  :happydance:

Kim Kang Hoon reunited with Kang Ha-neul

20210420121042149zscq.jpg

photo source :

https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/04/its-been-long-time-kim-kang-hoon-kang.html

***  Upcoming film “Happy New Year” (literal title) has finalized its star-studded cast lineup! KHN is one of the cast. The movie centers around the people who come to Hotel Emrose, each with stories of their own, and build new relationships. Other cast are Han Ji Min, Lee Dong Wook, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, Won Jin Ah, Seo Kang Joon, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Young Kwang, Go Sung Hee, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Kyu Hyung, Jo Joon Young, Won Ji An, Lee Hye Young, and Jung Jin Young. Isn't this a star-studded great cast, huh?  Kang Ha Neul will play as a job-seeker who has failed the civil service examination for five years. Filming began on April 19, and the movie will be released both in theaters and through TVing. Looking forward to this movie. He has many movies this year. I'm glad that he's so booked and busy.  :cutekitty:

happy-new-year.jpeg

photo source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003719756

Kang Ha-neul, Chun Woo-hee team up in romance film ‘Rain and Your Story’

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2021/04/21/20210421000585_0.jpg
From left: Director Jo Jin-mo and actors Chun Woo-hee and Kang Ha-neul pose before the press conference for the upcoming movie “Rain and Your Story” on Tuesday. (Sony Pictures Entertainment Korea)

Kang Ha-neul is returning to the big screen for the first time in three years, teaming up with actor Chun Woo-hee in the romance film “Rain and Your Story,” directed by Jo Jin-mo.

The movie begins with a narration by Young-ho (Kang Ha-neul): ”This is a story about waiting.” Set mostly in 2003, “Rain and Your Story” introduces Young-ho who is studying for his third Suneung, the national college entrance exam, in Seoul. One day, he suddenly decides to write a letter to his elementary schoolmate So-yeon who lives in Busan. However, So-yeon is sick and cannot read the letter. So-yeon’s younger sister So-hee (Chun Woo-hee) reads the letter and starts writing back.

“I have not seen script with this kind of mood in a while. It reminded me of the first time I wrote a love letter. How I had butterflies in my stomach,” Kang said during a press conference held at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul on Tuesday. “This script moved me.”

“I also thought that this was a rare story after reading the script. It has a ‘90s vibe and is not dramatic,” Chun said.

During the press conference, the director introduced his new movie as a prequel to a love story.

“This movie does not tell a story of what happens after falling in love. The story is more about how they arrive at this point, which is love,” Jo said. “Young-ho’s affection slowly piles up through receiving photos and letters from So-hee, along with imaginations that he has about her.”

How the two main characters were able to develop special feelings for each other without knowing each other looked like is also special, Jo added.

The director also talked about his voice making a cameo in a scene where So-hee is in the car with her mom.

“In the car scene, the radio DJ’s voice was mine. I thought that my voice would fit nicely and volunteered to record my voice,” Jo said. “Personally I like the scene.”

Since the movie is mostly set in 2003, the two actors said filming it reminded them of their own childhood.

“As it is set in 2003, I thought about what I did back then. I was attending middle school and it was a year after Korea hosted the 2002 World Cup. Bits of memories of me using things like social media Cyworld, messenger Buddy Buddy all came back,” Kang said.

“This movie also reminded me of 2003 when I was in school. I have this memory of ordering Chinese food jajangmyeon and eating it quickly at the schoolyard. It was a windy day,” Chun said. “Also there is an elementary school field day scene in the movie. As I was watching that scene today, I realized how we took that happy moment for granted.”

“Rain and Your Story” will hit local theaters on April 28.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

‘Happy New Year’ has a star-studded cast

The cast of ″Happy New Year.″ [CJ ENM]

The cast of ″Happy New Year.″ [CJ ENM]

A constellation of stars including actors Lee Dong-wook and Han Ji-min has been cast for the upcoming romantic comedy “Happy New Year.”

The film is about people with different stories intersecting in a hotel around the new year. Actors Lee, Han, Kang Ha-neul, Lim Yoon-A, Won Jin-A, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Kwang-soo, Kim Young-kwang, Ko Sung-hee, Lee Jin-wook, Lee Kyoo-hyung, Cho Joon-young, Won Ji-an, Lee Hae-young and Jung Jin-young have been cast.

Director Kwak Jae-yong, known for his prior romantic classics such as “My Sassy Girl” (2001), “The Classic” (2003) and “Windstuck” (2004), has signed on to direct.

Hive Media Corporation, which was behind such hits as “Deliver Us From Evil” (2020), “The Man Standing Next” (2020, “Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum” (2018), “The Last Princess” (2016) and “Inside Men” (2015), is producing.

The film is to be released simultaneously in theaters and on local streaming platform Tving.

BY LEE JAE-LIM   [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

[INTERVIEW] How Kang Ha-neul invokes feelings of youthful innocence

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202104/772a9fdd09a44ac38be51eca39238d72.jpg/dims/resize/740/optimize
Actor Kang Ha-neul / Courtesy of Kidari ENT

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Kang Ha-neul, who has played a variety of youthful characters in films such as "Twenty" (2015), "C'est Si Bon" (2015) and "Midnight Runners" (2017), is back with another film that inspires feelings of youthful innocence.

In "Waiting for Rain," Kang stars as Young-ho, an unmotivated student who is studying for the college entrance exam for the third time. One day, he sends a letter to his elementary school classmate So-yeon, whom he had crush on, to regain his verve.

On behalf of So-yeon who is ill, her sister So-hee (Chun Woo-hee) writes back and the two continue to exchange letters while trying to sort out their lives. The two agree to meet each other in person if it rains on Dec. 31.

"People call me a youth icon, but I honestly don't know what that means. I think youth is undefinable," he said during an interview with The Korea Times via Zoom, Thursday. "Therefore, I don't choose such characters intentionally. The script is the most important thing when it comes to choosing my next project."

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202104/9e759129a2294b3ead8e6466d495afc2.jpg
Kang Ha-neul in a scene from "Waiting for Rain" / Courtesy of Kidari ENT, Sony Pictures

As the film is mostly set in 2003, Kang said it reminded him of his own childhood and first love. "I still remember the first time I fell in love. I often sent her hand-written letters, adding wise quotes from then-popular social media, Cyworld, to sound smart and serious," he laughed.

Kang explained that "Waiting for Rain" is different from other romance films because the main characters ― Young-ho and So-hee ― communicate entirely through letters that are narrated by both actors. The two impact each other, but they never meet in person.

Moreover, the film focuses on how the two characters fall in love rather than telling what happens after falling in love. Both develop feelings for each other after exchanging letters and small gifts.

"I think this unique characteristic of the film will allow the audience to explore the true meaning of intimacy. For me personally, I feel a film that leaves more room to imagine has a far bigger reach. It lingers on far longer," he said.

The 32-year-old actor shared his thoughts on the big question that arises from the film ― whether you should do what you love or love what you do. "As I grow older, I think about this a lot. Most of all, it's important to just do it. Even if you have regrets, you can't turn back time. So it's best to just believe that you made the right choices and move on," he said.

When asked if he feels burdened by his humble media personality, Kang said he doesn't let himself be swayed by media attention. "I'm not easily weighed down by others' opinions. I have one daily goal, which is to encounter people with a smile each day," he said.

The actor, whose career spans 14 years, said he wishes to take on more interesting roles in the future ― be it a stage play, TV series or film. "I don't have a favorite film genre or platform. Compared to a stage play that requires energy from the beginning to the end as the actors engage with a live audience, film or TV requires focusing on one scene at a time," he said.

"Waiting for Rain" will hit local theaters, April 28.

credit : Korea Times

*** Kang Ha Neul recently made an appearance on MBC’s Radio Star, where he was asked about a picture of him and IU. This was during the press conference for "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" where they posed for photos onstage. A reporter asked them to get closer and link arms together for a better visual. As IU extends her arm out, Kang Ha Neul is seen crossing his own arms together! Everyone in the show wanted to know the reason behind why he posed like that! Kang Ha Neul revealed that the thing he did with IU was only a joke! He also stated that after his joke, he immediately linked arms with IU.  :luvarrow:

bhRyEPKG4e-2AvZoV_olYE7BZNfcYLgsNEo_CV6l

lhMYs5MPNzJfJ6hH4mAsEru3NU8_3ylrVfZViajf5C4iTaRFqHvxDwlPzE7ByZMCjRatSexXLVC19FW6UEQhayL-gZuwwV3cVFq3Lmx09JZXSPU=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

-zJuIdex4SHwEO7MZpVBfWyc6VrDivJZ-BH9Oc0rIpJKv7WZffo8E-4qTA2vYFYdk9OD7cfj2-9NjWH8BCSc6SLwG4zO0o-t0b1BCMTH0xV4wKc=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Spoiler

MORE --

*** When KHN came as a guest on 'Radio Star' they also talked about his experience when his SNS got hacked in the past. He said, "At that time, a lot of people called me while I was sleeping. When I asked them why, they said that there was adult advertisement uploaded on my account. I deleted the post after I had verified my account since I could not clearly remember my password. I believe everything happens for a reason. That's what I think. Thanks to him, I changed my password to something stronger." However, he revealed that he has now erased his social media account. :takemymoney:

video source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/04/22/kang-haneul-talks-about-his-reaction-when-his-sns-got-hacked-surprises-everyone-with-his-calm-and-kind-personality-391209

Kang Haneul is in RADIO STAR (MBC talk show)

WAITING FOR RAIN (movie 28 april 2021) with Kang Haneul 

Spoiler

*** During the presscon of his upcoming movie, Kang Ha Neul shared that he used to write cheesy love letters to his past GFs. He said that they were the kind of letters that you would see on social media 10 years ago. During the interview, one reporter also mentioned hearing about a love letter in the movie being written by Kang Ha Neul himself. He confirmed that he wrote the letter that's why, he was able to draw himself more into his character. Meanwhile, 'Waiting for Rain' is to hit the theaters on April 28. :blush:

• Awesome 1

*** There is a new Korean film dropping soon, and it features KHN entitled "Happy New Year". Lee Dong Wook is also part of the cast.  I'm happy to see my favorite drama actors work together.  The film will be under CJ Entertainment and has an endearing plot. Kang Ha Neul is notable for his roles in many dramas  and in many different films. Needless to say, he can act in all sorts of capacity. At present, it is not yet known when this movie release date will be. However, it might not take that long, since it was already reported that the filming has already started earlier this month. Looking forward to this.  :emmm:

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Savouring Spring

The pleasures of spring comes with its vibrant colours that uplifts the spirits. The breath of fresh air this season brings comes through in the lightly pastel fashion choices of Kassy, Kang Ha-neul, and IZ*ONE‘s Minju.

20210427_seoulbeats_kanghaneul_marieclai

20210427_seoulbeats_kanghaneulchunwoohee

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

*** Following its screening in Taiwan, "Waiting For Rain" will be shown in the States including Chicago, Niles, New York, and LA. I'm happy for KHN that his movie topped the Korean Box Office since the first day of its release.The movie will be shown in the U.S. starting on April 30th. This will be nostalgic to

everyone especially for Korean Americans out there.     :popcornjackson:

*** Since KHN will join the star-studded cast of the movie "Happy New Year," it makes the film all the more exciting. KHN being part of the upcoming movie is a bonus. The movie falls under the genre of romantic comedy. The film will be released also in TVing, even though there are no definite release dates yet.  :coolshades:

*** The number one movie this week is "Waiting For Rain".    :wut:

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2021.04.30 ~ 2021.05.02

photo1330827.jpg

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2021.04.30 - 2021.05.02 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Waiting For Rain" (비와 당신의 이야기) 2021/04/28 122 229 174 710
2 "The Courier"   88 503 130 860
3 "Recalled" (내일의 기억) 2021/04/21 55 007 247 773
4 "Minari"   52 738 1 026 658
5 "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie - Mugen Train" (劇場版「鬼滅の刃」無限列車編)   43 934 1 893 331
6 "Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet" (名探偵コナン 緋色の弾丸)   28 266 175 504
7 "SEOBOK" (서복) 2021/04/15 24 500 385 299
8 "Nomadland"   11 908 50 350
9 "OCTONAUTS: Ring of Fire"   10 082 11 677
10 "The Marksman"   8 557 15 328

Local Romantic Drama WAITING FOR RAIN Claims Top Spot

A pair of new releases drove business up almost 30% to 483,000 sales, a figure that is likely to rise further this weekend owing to upcoming holidays. The local market share edged down slightly to 45% as a new domestic title clinched the top spot for the fourth weekend on the trot.

Waiting for Rain, a new romantic drama with KANG Ha-neul and CHUN Woo-hee, debuted in first place with 122,000 entries (USD 1.05 million) over the weekend and 175,000 seats (USD 1.41 million) filled over its first five days.

Opening a spot lower was the British spy drama The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch. The film sold 89,000 tickets (USD 756,000) over the frame, with 131,000 viewers (USD 1.05 million) counted since its Wednesday bow.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : KOFIC

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/reports.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601008&seq=622&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

*** Japanese edition of Newsweek unveiled their top 10 South Korean actors and actresses. And one of them is Kang Ha Neul. I'm glad that he made it on the list who were among the actors that said to be mesmerizing the hearts of the Japanese viewers.  Not surprising since Kang Ha Neul was also among the leading Hallyu stars who have been charming the Japanese fans with his "warm personality" that "oozes into his roles. :heart2beat:

He Bloomed in Time: Kang Ha Neul Hailed Best Actor at 56th Baeksang Arts Awards

photo source : Kdramastars

*** Here's how KHN looks like in military uniform. He's mesmerizing in green. He enlisted on 2017. He was appointed as the honorary ambassador of the Military Manpower Administration (MMA).  He was discharged on May 23, 2019.  :crazily:

May be an image of 1 person and smiling

photo source : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/kang-ha-neul-chanyeol-kim-soo-hyun-lee-joon-gi-k-drama-hunks-military-uniforms