Kelly Osbourne to design plus-sized clothing range

sugarplum892

Kelly Osbourne has announced that she will be designing her own clothing line.
The range will be for plus-sized women and Osbourne will be using her own experiences for inspiration.
Kelly Osbourne, Golden Globes 2013

Osbourne, who sees herself as a "former fat person", told reporters: "I had one of the most exciting meetings of my life this week - it pretty much green-lit my clothing line. When I sat down in this meeting and they said, 'Yes, you have creative control and of course you can do plus size'.
"I was like, 'It's happening!'" 
Osbourne added that she will be determined to put her own personality into her line.
"It still has to be very me – quirky. But that's me, so I have to also have something slightly normal."
She added: "I've always been really into fashion. It's just that my fashion choices at an early age were really odd and they still are. I have grown to understand, as much as I don't like it, that the fashion world doesn't really want to listen to what a little chubby girl has to say." 
The Fashion Police host added that her weight loss in 2009, where she lost 70 pounds after taking part in Dancing with the Stars, had given her the experiences to motivate herself.
She said: "When I lost weight and started to wear the clothes I always wanted to wear but didn't fit into, that's when [my perception of the industry] really started to change. It did give me a bit of a bittersweet feeling towards the fashion world."
Source

• 1 year later...
Guest jennifercope

Now-a-day plus size models are sporting cute plus size dresses and these clothes are quite in demand. And if Kelly Osbourne is designing a plus-sized clothing range, then it is going to be a hit with every woman.

Archived