Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

The Marvels' Hollywood debut 'Prince Yan' Park Seo-joon, why can't he go to the domestic promotional front? 

Actor Park Seo-joon's Hollywood debut film 'The Marbles' will appear in front of Korean audiences on the 8th of next month.

In 'The Marvels', which tells the second story of Captain Marvel's Carol Danvers (played by Brie Larson), Park Seo-joon is expected to steal the world's attention as Captain Marvel's husband, Prince Jan. In the previous trailer, Park Seo-joon has already shown his strong presence as the long-haired Prince Yan.

Park Seo-joon is the third Korean actor to appear in a Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) work, following Soo-hyeon in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' (2015) and Ma Dong-seok in 'Eternals' (2021). In particular, Park Seo-joon is known to have joined 'The Marvels' thanks to an active love call from director Nia DaCosta, who is well-known as a fan of JTBC's 'Itaewon Class', which was broadcast to 190 countries around the world through Netflix.

As Park Seo-joon enjoys great popularity not only in Korea but also in Asia, the attention of domestic and foreign fans is also focused on the story behind his first MCU appearance.

However, it has been reported that Park Seo-joon will not be able to participate in promotional events related to his appearance in 'The Marvels'. This is due to the aftermath of the strike by SAG-AFTRA, the Hollywood actors' union, which has been going on since July 14th.

The Hollywood actors' union went on strike, demanding an increase in the minimum wage, distribution of streaming re-screenings, and protection of actors' image rights following the introduction of artificial intelligence (AI). Tom Cruise and Bobby, the protagonists of the movie 'Mission: Impossible: Dead Recording Part 1', 's lead actress Margot Robbie did not attend the Japanese promotional event.

Park Seo-joon is not a member of the Hollywood Actors' Union, but since most of the actors appearing in 'The Marvels' are members of the Actors' Union, the policy is not to do any separate promotions out of respect for their opinions.

However, director Nia DaCosta and producer Mary Livanos will be on the promotional front. Previously, in an interview with the American film magazine 'Total Film', the two mentioned his role, saying, "Park Seo-joon is a definite ally of Captain Marvel." Director Nia DaCosta plans to hold a video interview with domestic reporters later.

https://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1363954?ref=naver

:criesariver:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yaya1241 said:

Looking forward to see the first official of Gyeongseong Creature in Netflix Geekweek :eatscookie:

:kitty:

@yaya1241  yes, Netflix’s original series “Gyeongseong Creature” is set to be released worldwide through Netflix on Dec 22nd. “Gyeongseong Creature” is still considering options like splitting it into parts, similar to “The Glory” and “Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area”. The second season filming has been recently completed. The production team spent considerable time on post-production for the 1st season, including computer graphics (CG), given the nature of the creature genre. The series is expected to live up to the high expectations.  :heart3:

• Like 2

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for advertisement models! The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior, using big data collected from October 1 to November 1.  They evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of popular advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for November.   :Ohboy3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Heung Min
  2. Lim Young Woong
  3. NewJeans
  4. IU
  5. BTS
  6. BLACKPINK
  7. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  8. Ma Dong Seok
  9. Gong Yoo
  10. IVE
  11. Yoo Jae Suk
  12. Park Eun Bin
  13. Young Tak
  14. SEVENTEEN
  15. Kim Jong Kook
  16. Jang Yoon Jung
  17. Kim Yuna
  18. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  19. Lee Jung Jae
  20. Son Suk Ku
  21. Jo In Sung
  22. LE SSERAFIM
  23. Lee Chan Won
  24. Lee Hyori
  25. Yoo Hae Jin
  26. NCT
  27. Lee Byung Hun
  28. Park Seo Joon
  29. Kang Daniel
  30. Kang Dong Won

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202311010956069533499def050a_30

• Like 2

*** This year, Neflix has put the drama "Gyeongsang Creature" in the holiday season time slot, which is confirmed to air December 22nd with part 1 with the 2nd part to come. They split it into 2-parts like what they did in The Glory before. I just hope the drama is super-good otherwise, splitting it into 2-parts might cause viewers to lose the interest to watch the 2nd part. I'm confident with the actors in it, though.  :heart3:

• Like 2

*** I want to see the chemistry of Park Seo Joon and Han So Hee on screen in "Gyeongsang Creature". The drama is slated to hit the home theaters this December 22. Catch its exciting worldwide premiere on Netflix. Wi Ha Joon and Claudia Kim are also joining the casting lineup. I've watched Wi Ha Joon in Bad and Crazy with Lee Dong Wook while it will be my 1st time to see Claudia Kim's acting. I'm excited for this upcoming drama.   :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 2

*** Park Seo Joon will be seen playing the role of Prince Yan in the upcoming movie "The Marvels." The Marvels' director Nia DaCosta spoke about the reason behind casting him in this role. The Marvels is set to hit the theaters on November 10. In an exclusive interview with South Korean media outlet Cine21, The director revealed that it was Park Seo Joon's acting in Itaewon Class that impressed her. The director revealed it was during the COVID-19, she was recommended Itaewon Class by some of her friends who remarked that she would like the show. According to her, Park Seo Joon looked cool in the drama and slowly he was attracted to his other works eventually remembering him. It was when she was offered the direction of the movie and had to choose who would play Prince Yan. She shared that Park Seo Joon came to her mind.   :Megathanks:

• Like 2

*** Prime Video revealed on Nov. 1 that “Jinny’s Kitchen: Team Building” will be coming to the streaming service this month. It will be a two-episode spin-off. I'm excited to watch their hilarious moments doing games and full of fun team-building exercises. This will be available on Prime Video in the Philippines and more than 240 countries and territories worldwide excluding South Korea and China, starting Sunday, Nov. 12. Although, it's only 2-episodes but, it will provide much entertainment and laughs.   :kaching3:

All_2_1_1_e6dfb2a93b.jpg

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

*** "Jinny’s Kitchen"  spin-off is available for streaming starting November 12 via Prime Video. This will be a two-episode team-building spin-off. This is an unscripted Korean variety show, "Jinny's Kitchen: Team Building". Just a 2-EP show but, it's an absolute treat for fans.   :Fist1:

961786651_jinnys-kitchen.jpg

*** There's a report that members of the Wooga squad —comprising V – Jennie, Park Seo Joon – xooos, and Choi Woo Sik – Jung Ju Hee—have formed a trio of couples. It is speculated that Jennie, xooos, and Jung Ju Hee only grew close after they started dating the three best friends of Wooga squad.   :hypehype:

Jung-Ju-Hee-Jennie-Xooos-1-110523-376x47

source https://kbizoom.com/choi-woo-siks-girlfriend-is-friends-with-blackpink-jennie-and-park-seo-joons-rumored-girlfriend/

*** MCU is ramping up the excitement with the release of a new teaser for "The Marvels"  featuring an eye-catching ensemble and a brief but telling commentary from Park Seo Joon. The newly released footage offers a fresh glimpse of him. He makes a striking appearance as Prince Yann. Brie Larson, reprising her role as Captain Marvel, has expressed her high regard for her co-star, saying, “Park Seo Joon may be the most famous person I’ve ever worked with in my life.”

Talking about becoming part of the MCU, Park Seo Joon shared his astonishment. “I find it quite surreal that I am in this film. Everything about it is just surprising to me." He has this dashing presence on the set, which catches the eye.  :piggie:

themarvels.png

Source: Walt Disney Korea 

*** Park Seo Joon is the third Korean actor to star in a Marvel film. He looks fine now in his new look in the movie. I'm ready to see Park Seo Joon's newest milestone in his career as he is finally to debut in a Hollywood film. "The Marvels" will be available in Korea beginning November 8, and November 10 in the US and China, while other schedules will still vary in different locations.   :Ohboy3:

*** Director Nia Dacosta expressed her happiness to hear about the high expectations of Korean fans for the movie "The Marvels".  “’The Marvels’ is a film that reflects on Captain Marvel’s past. She meets people from her past, and one of them is Prince Yan." She described Park Seo-joon’s role as “short yet impactful”. She said this during a virtual press conference held on November 7. “He appears wearing a cool costume, but I can’t provide many details. Please check it out in the movie theater."   :heart3:

20231107095312994dczt.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231107095312910

'I fell in love with Korean pop culture': DaCosta discusses Marvel, Park Seo-jun's casting

It was the talk of the town when news broke about two years ago that Korean actor Park Seo-jun had been cast in a Marvel Studios film. Shining light on the reason why Park was chosen, director Nia DaCosta, who participated in an online group interview with local reporters on Tuesday, said she is an avid fan of K-dramas and films.

“When I was younger, I was really into Korean dramas and Korean films, and I fell in love with Korean pop culture,” DaCosta said.

In fact, she said her favorite Korean star is comedian Yoo Jae-suk. But she knew that it would be impossible to cast him in "The Marvels." She was then reminded of Park, whom she saw in JTBC's hit drama series "Itaewon Class" a few months before she got the directing gig.

"I reached out to see if [casting Park] would work out, and it did," she said.

Director Nia DaCosta [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Director Nia DaCosta [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

In “The Marvels,” Park plays Prince Yan, a character who is closely linked with the past of Carol Danvers, or Captain Marvel, played by Brie Larson. Not much has been revealed about Park's character other than this, which is just the way DaCosta wanted it to be, according to the director.

“We very purposefully didn’t give much information [about Prince Yan,]” DaCosta said. “He is the sovereign ruler of a foreign planet, and he and Carol have a deep history. They both care a lot about the people that they are protecting, and that’s where they connect.”

“The Marvels” is the sequel to the 2019 Marvel film “Captain Marvel,” and the second installment featuring the character Captain Marvel, considered one of the strongest superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). DaCosta said that it was a challenge taking on such an important sequel, but she said she saw the project as a continuation of not just “Captain Marvel” but many other MCU films.

“It was amazing to find out that I would be directing this film because I am such a big fan of the Marvel universe, and I didn’t think of it as just a sequel to ‘Captain Marvel,’ but a sequel to all of the Marvel films including ‘Infinity War,’” DaCosta said. “It was a challenge for me and the studio to wrap up the stories together.”

Character poster for Prince Yan, played by Park Seo-jun, in ″The Marvels″ [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Character poster for Prince Yan, played by Park Seo-jun, in ″The Marvels″ [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]

Iman Vellani plays Ms. Marvel and Teyonah Parris plays Monica Rambeau alongside Larson as Captain Marvel in “The Marvels.” DaCosta focused on striking the balance with these three women characters and making the combination work.

“Balance was really important because it’s a continuation of Captain Marvel’s story, but we have two new characters,” DaCosta said. “Part of that journey to make these characters are to have individual stories [for them.] Resolving the tension of the relationships between the three women was also important.”

DaCosta, who at 33 is the youngest director to helm a Marvel Studios film, previously made indie films such as “Little Woods” (2018) and “Candyman” (2021) before taking on the task of making the next Marvel Studios installment. The director said that the action scenes were a challenge that she spent a lot of time on.

“It was definitely a journey figuring out how to make all of this work,” DaCosta said. “It was a fun challenge, however, because I like action scenes. Getting together with my stunt coordinator and VFX director and figuring out how to get all the elements we need was enjoyable.”

“The Marvels” opens in Korean theaters on Wednesday.

BY LIM JEONG-WON [lim.jeongwon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-11-07/entertainment/movies/I-fell-in-love-with-Korean-pop-culture-DaCosta-discusses-Marvel-Park-Seojuns-casting/1907660