Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

*** On August 22 KST, Park Seo Joon took to his Instagram story to thank IU for sending a coffee cart to his current filming set with the caption -"Somin PD, you got paid?", and shared a short video clip capturing the messages IU included on the coffee cart, tagging her with a series of fire emojis. Somin PD refers to her character from the film 'Dream'. Park Seo Joon is currently busy filming for season 2 of the drama, 'Gyeongseong Creature'. Can't wait for this upcoming drama. Wahhh..... season 1 isn't even out yet....  :kaching1:

IU Shows Support For Park Seo Joon With Gift On Set Of His Upcoming Drama “Gyeongseong Creature” Season 2

20230822072513_IU-PSJ-01.jpeg?s=900x600&

“Dream” duo IU and Park Seo Joon have showcased their ongoing friendship!

On August 22, Park Seo Joon shared a short clip on his Instagram Stories, revealing that IU had thoughtfully sent a coffee truck to the set of Park Seo Joon’s new drama “Gyeongseong Creature” Season 2.

In the video, Park Seo Joon wrote, “So Min PD (producing director), you’ve found success?!” referring to IU as So Min, who is IU’s character from the film “Dream” that the two actors co-starred in.

On the cup sleeve, IU made a fun acrostic poem for Seo Joon by writing “Seo Joon joonjal,” with joonjal sounding similar to jonjal (meaning “freaking handsome”). She then wittily explained in parentheses that joonjal is actually supposed to mean “freaking talented.”

A banner on the truck also uses an acrostic poem with his name to write the message, “Applause!!!!!! Prepared by Seo Joon for the ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ Team!!!” while another banner reads, “I am cheering on Seo Joon and the ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ Team! From IU.”

park-seo-joon.gif

As previously reported, Netflix confirmed that “Gyeongseong Creature” Season 2 is under production while Season 1 is set to be released in the fourth quarter of this year.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

***Park Seo-joon has been unveiled as the newest global ambassador of the Filipino health and wellness company IAM Worldwide. He will share his endorsement and support to IAM Worldwide's remarkable line of products. These are the Amazing Pure Organic Barley, a powdered drink made from organically grown Barley grass in Australia; Amazing Acai Berry Extract that effectively protects the body from the damaging effects of free radicals, enhance one’s memory while promoting skin elasticity; Amazing Grape Juice with Garcinia Cambogia, a popular supplement that is "a revolutionary fat burner" and "a breakthrough in natural weight loss”; and Amazing Choco-Barley, known to have lots of health benefits to detoxify our bodies, according to IAM Worldwide.   :heart2beat:

PSJ_3_67b28fb676.jpeg

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/8/23/korean-star-park-seo-jun-unveiled-as-newest-global-ambassador-of-iam-worldwide

*** With Park Seo Joon's amazing range of filmography, his accomplishments in the Korean entertainment industry are definitely hard not to ignore. His inclusion as part of IAM Worldwide is a strategic move to connect with the milennial and Gen Z audiences. Having him onboard gives a strong impression of his trust in the brand, hopefully attracting a lot of people to practice a healthier lifestyle. Through this collaboration, he will endorse the following IAM AMAZING products:

• Organic Barley – a powdered drink made from organically grown Barley grass in Australia.
  • Acai Berry Extract – another powdered drink to protect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals while enhancing one’s memory and skin elasticity.
  • Grape Juice with Garcinia Cambogia – a popular supplement that is “a revolutionary fat burner” and “a breakthrough in natural weight loss.”
  • Choco-Barley – known to have lots of health benefits to detoxify our bodies.

For more information about IAM Worldwide, you may visit:

https://www.iam-worldwide.com/

https://www.facebook.com/iamworldwideofficial/

https://www.instagram.com/iamworldwidecorporation/

*** I've watched his movie "Dream".  For me, it is a good movie. At the end of the film, the documentary is a success and the team members get their redemption. The movie is a comedy-drama but a true story, which means it is unique as well. No romance between Park Seo-joon and IU's characters but despite the lack of this, both do a pretty great job in their roles. No romance hhowever, it does give you something better – comedy, a genre Park Seo-joon has time and again proved his capability at. Casting Park Seo-Joon as Yoon Hong-dae might have been Lee Byeong-heon’s cleverest decision. He did a great job as Yoon Hong-dae and nobody could have gotten into the comic timing as well as in the emotional run as he did. “Dream” gives viewers amazing comedic sequences. I could say that “Dream” is an inspiring watch as it promotes the idea of team spirit over wins and losses, making the movie very enjoyable to watch. This sports movie truly showed that winning isn’t everything. The memories and the dream to do better the next time matter the most. Park Seo-joon does an amazing job at playing Hong-dae. The footballers have interesting backstories. None of them have ever played soccer before, which makes Yoon Hong-dae’s job as coach even more challenging.  “Dream” is a light watch and does not involve any complicated plot twists. “Dream” doesn’t have a lot of songs or background scores. But IU’s song ‘A Dreamer’ needs to be mentioned here. It’s a calm song that arouses inspiration and motivation to do something better in life.  :blush:

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Is Your Favorite Korean Variety Show?

20230824065126_variety-shows-1.jpg?s=900

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk is back again! This time, some of our staff members took time to share our favorite variety shows.

Check out our picks below:

JJin: “Young Actors’ Retreat

young-actors-retreat.jpeg

I couldn’t believe it when a variety show like “Young Actors’ Retreat” actually happened! The casts of “Love in the Moonlight,” “Itaewon Class,” and “The Sound of Magic” spend three days together bonding and playing games. I was so amazed to see some of my favorite actors such as Park Seo Joon, Kim Yoo Jung, Park Bo Gum, Ji Chang Wook, and Ahn Bo Hyun hanging out all together. It is so much fun watching them get to know each other and make memories together.

My favorite part is when the cast operates food trucks and cooks together for the visitors. Seeing the fans’ reactions to meeting the stars really makes me want to be there and be served by my favorite actors!

Watch “Young Actors’ Retreat” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** Jung Yumi shared the behind-the-scenes story of being seen with Lee Seojin at the LA Lakers game back in November of last year at Crypto Dotcom Arena in Los Angeles. She appeared on the August 23rd episode of tvN's 'You Quiz on the Block' where she personally talked about the photo of her and Lee Seo Jin's night out in LA. She explained, "He happened to be in LA too and got the tickets. He was showing off his 'Decision to Leave' shirt. From what I heard, people have been saying that my eyes didn't look like I was on a date at all. Wooshik and Seojoon teased me a lot."   :kaching3:

20230824_063900_711_%20copy.jpeg

20230824_064008_085_i%20pic.jpeg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230823222710036?x_trkm=t

*** Park Seo Joon is now endorsing IAM Worldwide!   :kaching1:

Allen Marvin Yu Eder, President, and Founder of IAM Worldwide emphasized that Park SeoJun's involvement is a strategic move to resonate with the millennial and Gen Z audience.

"Mr. Park SeoJun is the embodiment of our company's values and aspirations. As a global icon, he effortlessly resonates with the youth, making him the perfect ambassador for IAM Worldwide."
Allen Marvin Yu Eder, IAM Worldwide's President & Founder

Aika Lorraine Uy, Vice President, and Founder, highlighted the deep influence of Korean pop culture on Filipinos. Uy noted how Park SeoJun's natural appeal aligns with the company's mission to inspire and engage with its youthful audience.

"Being associated with the amazing Park SeoJun is already a triumph for us. We firmly believe that his collaboration will exponentially expand our presence and customer base, not only in the Philippines but also internationally."
Aika Lorraine Uy, IAM Worldwide's Vice President & Founder

Joanna Mañego, General Manager, and Founder, emphasized the importance of this partnership as a pivotal moment for the company.

"Having a star like Park Seo Jun as our ambassador during this crucial phase of expansion is a source of immense pride. His genuine belief in IAM Worldwide's products will undoubtedly encourage more individuals to embrace a healthy lifestyle."
Joanna Mañego, IAM Worldwide's General Manager & Founder

park-seojun-082423.jpg

park-seojun-iam-wellness-scaled.jpg

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/park-seojun-is-the-newest-global-ambassador-of-the-filipino-health-and-wellness-brand-iam-worldwide/

Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, Lee Byung Hun, And More Celebrate “Concrete Utopia” Surpassing 3 Million Moviegoers

Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, Lee Byung Hun, And More Celebrate “Concrete Utopia” Surpassing 3 Million Moviegoers

“Concrete Utopia” has reached an exciting milestone at the Korean box office!

According to the Korean Film Council, as of 9:26 p.m. KST on August 24, the star-studded new disaster thriller had reached a total of 3,000,036 moviegoers—meaning that it took the film just 16 days to hit the 3 million mark.

“Concrete Utopia” is only the third Korean film released this year to surpass 3 million moviegoers, following “The Roundup: No Way Out” (“The Outlaws 3”) and “Smugglers.”

In honor of the film’s new achievement, “Concrete Utopia” stars Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, Kim Sun Young, Park Ji Hu, and Kim Do Yoon all posed for a celebratory photo together with director Uhm Tae Hwa.

Concrete-Utopia-3-Million.jpg

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Concrete Utopia”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1609194wpp/park-seo-joon-park-bo-young-lee-byung-hun-and-more-celebrate-concrete-utopia-surpassing-3-million-moviegoers

*** "Hwarang" has beautiful melodies. I love drama OSTs especially when some are sung by K-Pop artists. Generally, an OST is necessary to make a drama complete. I have many of them on my playlist. Though I didn’t understand some of them, I loved hearing them. The track that really amazed me in the drama is : song sung by BTS' Jin & V titled  Even If I Die, It’s You.  This drama is special for me because it made me discover BTS V. I watched the drama mainly for Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik.   :kitty:

• Like 1

Korean Revenge Dramas

1011753581_best-korean-revenge-dramas.jp

From The Devil Judge, and Mine to Vincenzo and Itaewon Class, get ready to dive into the riveting world of revenge with our carefully curated list of the top 15 Korean revenge dramas.

Stories fueled by vengeance or revenge have certainly been a captivating genre and have managed to etch their name on the hearts of audiences around the world. That is precisely why, this time we have curated a list of the best Korean revenge dramas offering a list of shows with an iconic cinematic experience as well as electrifying storylines. In fact, we have tried to create an all-inclusive list of Korean revenge dramas that serve up a feast of adrenaline-pumping plot twists, amazing action sequences, and razor-sharp dialogues. From Netflix's gripping Korean dramas like The Devil Judge, Mine, Vincenzo, and Itaewon Class to shows streaming on a plethora of other must-watch revenge sagas streaming on Amazon Prime Video, MX Player, Disney Plus Hotstar as well as other OTT channels, this collection is tailor-made for your Korean drama streaming marathon. So what are you waiting for? Scroll on, to allow us to guide you through a specially handpicked selection of the finest K dramas that revolve around the riveting theme of revenge.

This comprehensive guide to the world of revenge-based K dramas will ensure you are well equipped to navigate the maze of intriguing plots and dynamic characters because information packed assortment offers you all the right information like the IMDb ratings, star cast, creators, along with tantalizing trailers, or posters, accompanied by concise plot summaries. With these details at your disposal, we are rather sure, it will be pretty easy to decide ‘What do you want to watch next?’ 

Go on! Dive into the list, and get ready for a complete entertainment package with our handpicked selection of the top 15 Korean revenge dramas along with their IMDb ratings. 

Top 15 Korean revenge dramas along with their IMDb ratings

8. Itaewon Class (2020)

• Original title: Itaewon Keullasseu
  • Running Time: 1 hour 10 min
  • K Drama Genre: Drama, Romance 
  • K Drama Star Cast: Park Seo joon, Kim Da mi, Yoo Jae myung
  • Director: Sung Yoon Kim
  • Writer: Gwang Jin
  • Year of release: 2020
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 8.2/10

This highly-rated 2020 Korean drama titled Itaewon Class features the best Korean stars including Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, and Yoo Jae Myung in a heartwarming tale of drama and romance. Directed by Sung Yoon Kim and written by Gwang Jin, the story centers on Park Sae Royi who loses his father and is driven by a desire for revenge after the tragedy. The brilliant show is available on Netflix to stream. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/korean-revenge-dramas-1238216

• Like 1

'Concrete Utopia' surpasses 3 million viewers, becomes third Korean film this year to achieve feat

Main poster for ″Concrete Utopia″ [LOTTE ENTERTAINMENT]

Main poster for ″Concrete Utopia″ [LOTTE ENTERTAINMENT]

Disaster film “Concrete Utopia” surpassed 3 million cumulative viewers as of Friday, distributor Lotte Entertainment said.

“Concrete Utopia” recorded this feat in 16 days after its release on Aug. 9, becoming the third domestically produced film after “The Roundup: No Way Out” and “Smugglers” to reach 3 million viewers.

The film, starring Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-jun and Park Bo-young in the lead roles, is about a group of survivors who gather at the fictional Imperial Palace Apartment, the only building that has stood intact after a huge earthquake has devastated most of Seoul.

Meanwhile, “Concrete Utopia” has been invited to the 48th Toronto International Film Festival and the 56th Sitges Film Festival and has also been chosen as Korea’s entry for the Best International Feature at next year’s Academy Awards.

BY LIM JEONG-WON [lim.jeongwon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-08-25/entertainment/movies/Concrete-Utopia-surpasses-3-million-viewers-becomes-third-Korean-film-to-achieve-feat/1855362

15 Best K dramas with love triangles to sweep you off your feet: From Reply 1988 to Strong Girl Bong Soon

A Korean drama is best served with romance, but what makes a heart-pounding romantic K-drama a hit show are the twisty narratives and a gorgeous-looking cast. That’s precisely why this time we have curated the perfect list of the top 15 romantic K-dramas with love triangles as their plot highlights. Trust us, we have only enlisted the shows that have the power to grope you into the world of romance. Consider it a challenge, one episode and you’ve got to be hooked. 

Right from period dramas and crime dramas to fantasy dramas and K-dramas with women in a strong lead, we have listed them all. But there is one thing that connects them all. Each enlisted show features a love triangle: Yes, each of them will give you the adrenaline rush of a new lovable character being introduced in the mid-series. You’d be curious to know who the protagonist ends up with while not knowing who to root for because all the heart-stealing characters will fight for your attention. 

So, are you ready for a tug-of-war in matters of the heart? Go on, dive into the world of juicy love triangles, all written for your utmost delight. 

K Dramas with love triangles and a spicy romance plot along with their IMDb ratings

10. Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Of Youth (2016)

• Original title: Hwarang
  • Running Time: 1 hour
  • K Drama Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama
  • K Drama Star Cast: Park Seo joon, Go Ara, Park Hyung sik
  • Director: Yoon Sung Shik
  • Writer: Park Eun yeong
  • Year of release: 2016
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 8/10

This action-comedy drama features the best Korean stars including Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, and Park Hyung Sik among other Korean actors. The 2016 show is directed by Yoon Sung Shik and written by Park Eun Yeong. When it comes to the plot Hwarang revolves around a pretty confusing love triangle that revolves around Ah Ro and how she meets Moo Myung. The show is available on Netflix to stream. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/kdramas-with-love-triangles-1238594

• Like 1

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.08.25 ~ 2023.08.27

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Oppenheimer"   437 716 2 323 488
2 "Concrete Utopia" (콘크리트 유토피아) 2023/08/09 297 836 3 299 583
3 "Honey Sweet" (달짝지근해: 7510) 2023/08/15 236 657 846 270
4 "Smugglers" (밀수) 2023/07/26 101 039 4 964 373
5 "Elemental"   92 058 7 038 818
6 "Maya the Bee 3: The Golden Orb"   17 330 21 267
7 "Meg 2: The Trench"   13 789 123 324
8 "Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One"   7 212 4 013 104
9 "Detective Conan: Black Iron Submarine" (名探偵コナン: 黒鉄の魚影)   7 210 770 192
10 "Goldbeak (老鷹抓小雞)"   5 965 7 201

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

20230810000774_0.jpg

“Concrete Utopia”

(South Korea)

Opened Aug. 9

Thriller/Disaster

Directed by Um Tae-hwa

Residents of Hwanggung Apartment building No. 103, the only building that has survived a destructive earthquake, initially see their building as a “utopia,” but it soon devolves into a nightmare.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230824000827

*** CJ ENM held 'Jinny's Kitchen' pop-up at KCON LA 2023. Over the three event days, the pop-up successfully drew in a crowd of more than 5,000 attendees. The pop-up, designed to replicate the ambiance of the real 'Jinny's Kitchen' restaurant. Attendees not only had the opportunity to observe and learn about Korean cuisine, but they also actively participated in games. 'Jinny's Kitchen' is readily available for streaming worldwide on Prime Video.   :winkx:

photo1704198.jpg

*** South Korea's Korean Film Council (KOFIC) has selected the film "Concrete Utopia," which boasts a star-studded cast, as its entry for the Oscars next year. Citing a statement from the KOFIC, Columbia, the distributor said "Conrete Utopia" was picked "as it seems to be able to appeal to North America without being unfamiliar with the trend of K-culture and K-movie." The Academy Awards will be held on March 10, with the final list of nominees for Best International Feature Film set to be announced on January 23. Prior to the Oscars, "Concrete Utopia" will premiere in North America at the 48th Toronto International Film Festival on September 9.    :kaching3:

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/08/29/23/south-korea-picks-concrete-utopia-as-oscars-entry