♡ JoU Couple ♡ :: Jo Jung Suk ♥ IU [Official Thread]

akinahana89

babyviolets said:

Right now, I'm so delusional that I've convinced myself of their feelings for each other, anf my only concern is if they're planning to act on it or not! Ottoke?!kekekekekek

babyviolets, I don't know what's wrong with me.  I came across 1 post on Dramabeans and another on our own thread where the writer indicated the only chemistry they could see between our OTP was one that was just friendly and nothing more. I found that the comments really disturbed me, I think because I started wondering whether all the little things I noticed about our OTP were actually just machinations of my wishful thinking. Knowing that all of you share that same sense that there's something very special about our OTP's relationship isn't providing me any comfort for some reason. It may be that I'm getting a little sad that our time with our OTP, at least as far as YTBLSS is concerned, is coming to an end.  And to be honest, it depresses me a little to think that there's a chance that all our observations might be baseless. But then, on the other hand, if we end up all being wrong, perhaps I should just be satisfied with knowing our OTP successfully did their jobs. They made us believe their feelings were real.

Sigh. Just wanted to articulate that. It's been on my mind for the past couple of weeks.

Hehe...I get where you're coming from. I too contradict my own thoughts every now and then, but in the end, I chose to believe in the things that made me most happy, I guess. Lol

don't mind those people who are trying to be pessimistic about our otp. Everyone will always have their own opinions on things, I just chose to believe in this, so you just go ahead and believe what you want too. After all, noone ever lost anything by believing in the power of love! :x

I should stop, I'm getting cheesy! :)) oh, if you feel depressed because of those varying opinions, you can just stay here in our jou thread, coz here we are free to dream that our JoU couple is real and forever! :\"> :x

I know I know...I'm really stopping this time! =)) =)) =))

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

samsooky said: @tiendoank, I have to admit that I am running out of words to describe how your posts always bring a smile and laughter, and shaking of the head - how did she come up with that creative turn of phrase and witty expression? Thank you so much again...
I must admit, I too, do not have much experience or expertise in the area of romantic/couple shipping because I usually just get a gut feeling and have no way of knowing if I was on target or not. But even for an amateur like me JoU blurs that fine line between reel and real. Sometimes I am not sure how much of JH is JJS and SS is IU and vice versa, especially with their intimate scenes. I don't really know what I am saying but there is a special 'tension' between these two, even from the very beginning, from the press conference/interviews and every interaction since (on and off camera). Probably those with more experience and expertise will call it as it is - mutual attraction and A LOT of LIKE. Come to think of it, didn't their Director tease them about it during that first encounter in the park when they had to get up close and stare into each other's eyes, that they were making it obvious they like each other by being so nervous? ;))
PS: You were a Rooftop Prince viewer too?! I thought I would say that after 300 years I would think that pairing was one of the best and unique ones with a special chemistry. I am afraid, JJS and IU have inched way above even PYC and HJM pairing. JJS and IU, apparently have particular strengths in excelling in that particular course of "scientific" study - Chemistry! :)

Guest violet9004

i need something to make me forget that in two weeks we not going to see our dorky couple any more :((  (alert long post)
at first when i know IU going to be in weekend drama i know that she need to get out from her singer spotlight after the 'scandal' and when i know JJS going to her part i like :-O . i know JJS from K2H so i know he can act and excel in it but the fact that they have 13 years gap bother me and the netizen keep bashing IU because they feel IU not really good enough to take lead and act along JJS. i kinda doubt that the pairing will work at first.. i still remember seeing their photo shoot and there i still feel that JJS/IU really careful around each other. from JJS view i can tell he think that IU is a cute girl and lovely at first. the way he look at her just like a brother look at a sister.
then the conference there they really comfortable with each other and i see a fancam that record JJS face when IU is on the stage he cannot stop smiling :)) and then when i watch the first episode i still don't get any romance feeling between them i don't know when but after a while i just see that they really suit and compatible together. but if i compare how JJS look at IU when the photo shoot and when on HT the feeling is different.its look like he look like a fine young lady . but one thing for sure JJS really care about IU even in the throw eg thing he know that this is all an act but he afraid that he maybe angry about that scene..even in HT you can see that JJS/IU is in their own world.. they are aware with each other. and not to mention when they on the interview.. :)
and to add why i think they are at least have mutual attraction between them. their intimate scene!! they give the vibe that their feeling is real and there is zero awkwardness in that.. IU is known as the queen of awkwardness when it come skinship.. but with JJS i never see that :) she really love touching him even off screen.. :)) all of their scene is done excellently i know JJS is a great actor but to work that kind of scene we need both side give their best.. their hug is the best because they do a full body hug and their kiss scene is one of the best not because their kiss but how their feeling being deliver in that scene. i just love how they make us fall in love with them and how JJS/IU silence all of the person that bashing them at first.. when i read netizen comment they really love and adore our OTP.. :x 
i just hope the best but one thing for sure JJS/IU must been really close now even not yet a couple :x that alone make me happy :)
(i think i really need help when i reading back this post @-) what have JJS/IU done to me)

samsooky said: @tiendoank, I have to admit that I am running out of words to describe how your posts always bring a smile and laughter, and shaking of the head - how did she come up with that creative turn of phrase and witty expression? Thank you so much again...
I must admit, I too, do not have much experience or expertise in the area of romantic/couple shipping because I usually just get a gut feeling and have no way of knowing if I was on target or not. But even for an amateur like me JoU blurs that fine line between reel and real. Sometimes I am not sure how much of JH is JJS and SS is IU and vice versa, especially with their intimate scenes. I don't really know what I am saying but there is a special 'tension' between these two, even from the very beginning, from the press conference/interviews and every interaction since (on and off camera). Probably those with more experience and expertise will call it as it is - mutual attraction and A LOT of LIKE. Come to think of it, didn't their Director tease them about it during that first encounter in the park when they had to get up close and stare into each other's eyes, that they were making it obvious they like each other by being so nervous? ;))
PS: You were a Rooftop Prince viewer too?! I thought I would say that after 300 years I would think that pairing was one of the best and unique ones with a special chemistry. I am afraid, JJS and IU have inched way above even PYC and HJM pairing. JJS and IU, apparently have particular strengths in excelling in that particular course of "scientific" study - Chemistry! :)

I translated another article again. It talks about how JJS's OST song has gotten more attention lately. :)
Interest (Has Increased) in Jo Jung Suk's Sweet Voice in "I Totally Love You" OST for "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin"p94s.jpg

The OST of the drama, "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" has become a topic lately.
While the KBS2 weekend drama, "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" is nearing the end, actor Jo Jung Suk's music video for the OST song, "I Totally Love You" has become a hot topic lately.
The OST (song) for "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin"  is a sweet love song that Shin Joon Ho (Jo Jung Suk) sings for Lee Soon Shin (IU), was released in June, while the music video was released at the beginning of July.
Especially in the music video for "I Totally Love You", the first meeting and other scenes with the 'Soon Shin - Joon Ho' couple are included. The sweet voice of Jo Jung Suk makes the music video even more sweet. The song (and music video) has been receiving a lot of love from the fans lately.
The netizens who listened to the "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" OST reacted to it by saying things like, 'It's too bad we're approaching the end of the drama', 'I love the song, "I Totally Love You"', 'I love the Soon Shin - Joon Ho couple as much as I love the "I Totally Love You" song'.
[source: REVIESTAR] [original jpn source]

babyviolets

said: I just realized, most of you came to watch yatblss for iu...

am i only one who didn't know about her before?! :-O

why does this make me feel like some kind of hermit? Lol

@meahri66, @akinahana89, I hope it is okay that I also chime in on the question of whether one should watch K2H? I must admit (as I may have in the other thread), I had no idea who JJS was but in the first scene he is in Episode 1 that opens up (literally, the doors to a military airport garage/building rolls up with him standing there in his uniform), he had my attention (he looked like some heroic knight or warrior from another era) and your eyes will not leave him. My sister was watching with me at the time, and both of us wanted to know immediately why this guy was not the lead. I know it is unfair to compare actors, but I came to K2H for Ha Ji Won (and somewhat for LSG) but continued to watch only for JJS (and LYJ). He just has that something that the camera loves and the screen and scenes just sizzle with excitement and anticipation.

Every scene he acts, is, as expected, impeccable, perfect, and consistently on target in every way. He always has a way to surprise the viewer - for example, the guitar/singing around campfire, when if you didn't know like me that he had a voice like he does, I had the same reaction as HJW's character, agape and in awe, which heightens your interest in this heroic figure. When he meets the Princess, definitely both actors carry the unique relationship and chemistry that comes from the differences between a Princess/Royal and the Captain of the Royal Guards (as loyal, idealist soldier and endearing man) very well and the sparks are flying (different than the sparks with IU, as I think the characters are different). Later, you must watch through the middle episodes and definitely 16-19, whereby, you will see different, intense and the tough soldier side of ESK/JJS.  That final stand-off (end of Episode 18) and beginning of Episode 19 is blockbuster worthy. I will warn you though, that there are parts of K2H that really did not appeal to me, namely, I found myself focused on the Captain and the Princess more than the main leads, but that's only my opinion. So...in a roundabout way I am encouraging you to watch all scenes to understand the story, but the second time around, you'll know where to skip to get to the scenes with JJS. His on-screen bromance with LSG's character, is very heart-warming and some of those scenes are really lovely. I think LSG did better later, finally living in the skin of his character about mid-way through the drama. There are also other characters (the King-LSG's brother, etc) that will also be endearing. 

I was convinced the Director loved JJS (the first time I watched), since his character was given more and more screen time (you will notice right away, he can carry an episode by himself, if needed) but also there are scenes (I won't give away) that involve torture, his feeling betrayal, crying (amazingly), and other intense stand-offs with the villain, that are moody, stylish, almost film-like. Just JJS's profile and his cheekbones alone, I think gave the Director range to use moody lighting that just intensified the scene between the actors (he really looks like he should be in a James Bond movie), because of JJS's ability to give you a vast range with his acting. His full body acting will leave you admiring his talents even more - the details, from chapped lips to the muscles on his face and of course, that voice. 

Do I sound like an fan? ;) I am afraid I only have a handful of actors I really like and will try and watch whatever they have performed in - JJS is on that very short list so I must share the enthusiasm and hope that more people (in the industry and audiences globally) will pay attention to this truly praise-worthy talent. I think you, too, will fall in love with ESK and will feel the loss of that character when the time comes, I felt it for a while and still remember it a year later (LOL).  I'll be honest, I became an admiring fan of his work within the first few seconds of his appearing on the screen in Episode 1... As for a comparison with LSG, I won't make it, but I will say that I did not watch Episode 20 until recently, once JJS was not on the screen, I found myself unplugged emotionally from the drama. 

Since JJS will be working with this Director on King's Wrath, my suspicions are confirmed that his work was recognized (the Director probably has something complex and exciting planned for that role) and the assassin he'll be playing will likely be a multi-faceted man (and that range, the unique JJS can handle). I am looking forward to it also since I was already a fan of the Director from Damo and other works by him (he has a really sophisticated style, beautiful cinematography, etc), with the stellar cast and JJS, it will definitely be a must watch in 2014 (and huge hit, I am sure). 

Anyway, sorry for the long post...but if you are interested in seeing JJS's future as a film star, K2H probably highlighted just the tip of the iceberg - this multi-talented actor will likely be snatched up by the movie industry in a few years so let's enjoy him in any drama he does!  

Hope you enjoy...let me know if you have questions on K2H, needless to say, I have watched it more than once, and you will likely know why... :)  

@samsooky

Sam... =D> =D> =D>

loving the way you describe JJS....so detail

yesss...me too look forward for his villian role in the King Wrath

the fact that the same director of TK2H, it must be him thinking that only JJS can pull that role

i just hope there's some humanity in his character instead of just being a killing machine without mercy...dun want someone like hannibal, too scary & too much to handle for me as a viewer

Guest Tran Thuy

maejm said:

babyviolets

said: I just realized, most of you came to watch yatblss for iu...

am i only one who didn't know about her before?! :-O

maejm said:

babyviolets said:

I just realized, most of you came to watch yatblss for iu...

am i only one who didn't know about her before?!

LOL me too. 

but we all ended loving both JJS and IU, right?!

I know, but it just made me feel weird...am I the only one who watched this drama for jjs?

Anyway, see how much I loved the guy...and now I'm letting him go for iu? Waaaah

=(( =(( =((

Archived