How to get over a broken heart?

Guest Ady2006

Guest hearthealer

Delete everything that reminds you of him, call your girlfriends, have a bonfire ala. monica, phoebe and rachel :P
Eat ice-cream, cry, pound your pillow while pretending it's him. I really don't suggest the rebound thing...it's pretty mean and not very fair to the guy who's the rebound...
Do all that. Then, stop crying, pick yourself up...tell yourself you can do much better than him and move on.

• 8 months later...
Guest johnpatric

- Think about all the bad things associated with the person you loved. 
- Imagine some of the negative consequences of your interaction with this person. 
- Get away from everything that reminds you of him or her until you're over them. 
- Go on a mini-vacation. It can be a stay-caption if you want (late night slumber party, anyone?) or it can be a full-blown vacation, off to an exotic destination. 
- Get your mind off of him/her. Hanging out with friends, joining a club (i.e. drama clubs, creative writing or book clubs, online clubs, etc.) help a lot. 
- If you're ready, try to find someone new to love. You could meet this person in a bookstore or a coffee shop, online, or in the middle of the street. Never lose hope as to where you will find your one true love. 
- When looking for a special someone, remember to learn from the relationship mistakes of the past. 
- Get in the mindset that it's good that it happened, but everything has to end sometime. Be happy of the memories you shared with this person. 
- Let go now of false hope. Somewhere in your mind, you're going to think "I can make them love me.

Archived