BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD27 #RightPlaceWrongPersonIsComing #ComeBackToMe #LOSTisComing]

YongZura⁷

Fan Chant: Can BTS Songs Help You Learn Korean? Experts Say Yes  

by Mary Siroky

It’s a long-running joke within the BTS fandom, and one that’s had waves of resurgence in the TikTok age: We all become fluent in Korean when “Just One Day” comes on. The song dropped way back in 2014 (a decade ago!) on the band’s second EP, Skool Luv Affair, but has stayed in heavy rotation throughout the last ten years.

As members of ARMY can attest, there’s just something about that chorus that flows so smoothly — even those of us totally unfamiliar with the language manage to pick it up quickly and easily. Personally, I know some basics; I can introduce myself and count to three, but I don’t know how to read Hangul and have yet to tackle the tricky grammar and sentence structure. I do think I would be pretty unstoppable as an interviewer if I could speak Korean, so maybe this is the universe keeping me in balance. But regardless — turn on “Just One Day,” and I’m locked in.

According to a study commissioned by the folks at LTL Language School, this phenomenon makes sense. “The intersection of entertainment and education underscores how music acts as a gateway to language acquisition,” they explain, naming the song as an example of “easing your way into learning Korean.”

In the case of “Just One Day” in particular, which they note as “one of the most accessible songs to follow if you’re trying to learn Korean,” the clear pronunciation from the members, the soothing nature of the song, and BTS’s emotional delivery combine to make it that much easier to understand. Even listeners who could never begin to translate word for word understand the message and themes being communicated — but those who do have a basis to start to mentally translate will be in a great place.

According to these researchers, BTS’s music is a great place to start for other reasons, too. Longtime members of the fandom know this already, but the wealth of resources available for people curious about delving deeper into lyric translations is so vast and rich. The study goes on to shout out some other K-pop favorites, like IU’s “Lilac,” which is also so dreamy and wonderful, but I’d love to hear about more songs you’ve found have that magic effect on your brain. In the meantime, I’m gonna give this classic a spin.

ctto

They are coming! Our TinyTAN is back!  BTS Cooking On: TinyTAN Restaurant

Cooking Audition???

I miss them and just rewatched them on Dream On video a few days ago.  I'm not sure what this event is about yet, most probably some activities that ARMYs can participate in from around the world.  

This is the LINK to the trailer - BTS Cooking ON

I'm watching this version of Mic Drop @willenette

ctto

FYI - TinyTAN

@partyon  @larus

• Like 2

BTS’s “MIC Drop” Remix Becomes Their 4th MV To Hit 1.4 Billion Views

20240125232520_BTS_4195a9.jpg?s=900x600&

BTS has hit the 1.4 billion mark with yet another music video!

On January 26 at 12:56 a.m. KST, BTS’s music video for “MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)” surpassed 1.4 billion views on YouTube, making it the group’s fourth music video to do so after “Boy With Luv,” “DNA,” and “Dynamite.”

BTS-MIC-Drop-MV-Views.jpg

BTS originally released the music video for “MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)” on November 24, 2017 at 6 p.m. KST, meaning that it took the song just over six years, two months, and one day to reach the milestone.

Congratulations to BTS!

Watch the music video for “MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)” again below:

credit : soompi news

Former music producer impersonating BTS V and Suga sentenced 1 year in prison

ZWS7IXRC75M3RLJWMM7CQGHCJ4.jpg

A man who has been accused of impersonating BTS members and stealing their confidential information was sentenced to jail in the first trial.

According to legal sources, on Jan. 25, Seoul Central District Court sentenced a 29-year-old male who was charged with violating the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, to one year in prison.

The man who was known as A is being accused of pretending to be a member of BTS and approaching several music producers to collect their unreleased music files as well as the information of BTS members’ military service . Being a former music producer, A had participated in the famous idol groups’ music production.

BTS member Suga/News1

In September 2022, A impersonated BTS member Suga and approached to a music producer B. A received an unreleased audio recording from B.

In November of the same year, A contacted Suga, impersonating B this time, and obtained information including Suga’s military service and as well as his upcoming album.

Additionally, A is suspected of impersonating another BTS member V and acquired more than 10 unreleased music files from several music producers.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

https://www.chosun.com/english/kpop-culture-en/2024/01/25/TEDSRNLGMRFMXI6SZESRNIFEJM/

8 Costumed K-Pop Dance Practices That Are Funnier Than They Have Any Right To Be

20240125204934_BTS-ITZY-Stray-Kids-BLACK

Dance practices are a great way to see a performance focused on the choreography rather than all the fun and flashy stage effects – dance the way that it’s intended! The costumed versions of dance practices add a whole other layer of (often unintended) hilariousness to the practice. If you want a giggle, just give these a watch!

8. BTS’s “21st Century Girl”

This dance practice is iconic among BTS stans for a reason! The group has done a couple of costumed dance practices, but this one is without a doubt one of the funniest. Most of the costumes are too bulky for the members to dance in properly, resulting in hilarious collisions and accidental spills as they try to stay in formation. The memes that came out of this “21st Century Girl” dance practice went down in ARMY history!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

On 1/26/2024 at 7:48 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

Another nomination for JK! Congrats!

@YongZura⁷  This will be held on Feb 29. Jungkook is nominated in four categories.   :Fist1:   Super happy for JK. Congratulations to him!

Also, Jungkook continues to make history on the Billboard charts! For the week ending on January 27, Jungkook’s solo debut album “GOLDEN” spent its 11th consecutive week in the top 50 of the Billboard 200, where it ranked No. 44. Jungkook is now the first Korean solo artist ever to chart an album for 11 weeks on the Billboard 200— “Standing Next to You” successfully remained on Billboard’s Hot 100 at No. 87 in its 11th consecutive week on the chart.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** In Jimin's latest pictorial collaboration with Tiffany & Co., he boldly challenges conventional fashion norms by donning a skirt, showcasing not only his artistic prowess but also his unwavering confidence in breaking gender stereotypes. I praise him for this. Jimin effortlessly pulled off everything. Despite Jimin's ongoing military enlistment, he continues to provide ample content for ARMYs.   :heart2:

Also, Billboard has published its World Albums chart for the week ending on January 27! Jimin's “FACE” shot to the top of the chart following its recent release on vinyl, marking its fifth non-consecutive week at No. 1. Congratulations to Jimin!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** V and IU's behind the scenes of their music video for “Love wins all“! This was released on January 24 at midnight KST.   :hypehype:

https://youtu.be/bSxoDXrk2X4

• Like 1

BTS - Missing the members (My alarm is playing Take Two at the moment and RM is watching me updating this post ( :sweat_smile:- from the recent calendar of them.  Jin will be next in two more days)

GEpbmcrakAAGjNr?format=jpg&name=small

- from XYLITOL

ctto

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2024JinHobiReturning #WeWillWaitForYou2025
17 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Who could have thought ....  Going to love this episode too!

@YongZura⁷  SUGA invites Lee Sung Kyung and she talks deeper into the roles she's been playing in different dramas. I've watched her in "The Doctors". I'm not surprised about their friendship because I know she's also a singer. This episode of Suchwita will air on February 5 at 10 PM KST. Looking forward to this.   :heart2:

20 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@YongZura⁷  The 'Love Wins All' MV shoot sketch was uploaded on BTS's YouTube channel BANGTANTV yesterday. So NICE to witness the delightful interactions between V and IU during filming. They have charming chemistry that radiated on screen, amazing! His work ethic is very praise-worthy! So very sweet to ARMYs. That’s why, V is loved by so many. Hwaiting for his return! I love the song, too! IU is such a great singer.   :heart1:

*** On the January 28th broadcast of the variety show 'Boss in the Mirror', Park Myungsoo visited his junior comedians from 'Gag Concert'. Here, Park Myungsoo shares an update about Jin, who is one of his close juniors in the industry. Park Myungsoo shared, "Recently, Jin earned a military leave and made 30 bottles of makgeolli (white Korean rice wine) as a hobby. He distributed one bottle to each of his acquaintances, and one of the 30 bottles was mine."   :coolshades:

Taken from Soompi

The Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) has announced its latest batch of official certifications!

In 2020, the RIAJ implemented a new certification system for online streaming of songs, as an addition to its pre-existing certification systems for physical album shipments and digital download sales. According to the new system, songs are certified silver once they reach 30 million streams, gold at 50 million streams, and platinum at 100 million streams.

In the RIAJ’s newly announced batch of certifications, BTS’s 2020 hit “ON” was officially certified platinum after surpassing 100 million streams in Japan.

BTS-On-RIAJ.jpg

ctto