X-Box One Thread

Godotology

the XBox One is Microsoft's upcoming console that will replace the Xbox 360.
So far, reception has been very negative especially in regards to:
used games
online requirement
privacy concerns
lack of backwards compatibility that was in the 360

although Microsoft has been trying to alleviate some of these fears.

based on specs, some are claiming its weaker than the PS4 but stronger than the Wii-U graphically

I used to be a Xbox fanboi but not anymore. The xbox 360 will probably be my last MS console unless they get rid of some of the stupid crap they put into it (highly doubt it). It should be, first and foremost, a gaming console. But instead it's an all in one "entertainment" tv console that looks like a VCR from the 90s. I would have overlooked the entertainment console portion and considered the XBone, but with Kinect always watching and recording your habits, and having to check in online once a day, otherwise the console won't function, is a deal breaker for me.

Go to a PS4? Maybe, but something tells me Sony will do something similar to what MS is doing as far as the used game fee goes (they haven't denied it yet), and who knows what other form of DRM they will have (I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented a check in online system like MS will). Afterall, it wouldn't be fair for MS to receive revenue from used games and not Sony as well.

Guest NitsujN_RN

The whole all-in-one entertainment thing that Microsoft is going for is causing groans amongst the gaming community. Gamers just want better graphics, better functionality, and better games. I think Sony will do a better job with the PS4. So far, the specs are slightly better on the PS4. But in all honesty, the PS3 pretty much serves all my gaming needs.

OMGHIyori2U said: I used to be a Xbox fanboi but not anymore. The xbox 360 will probably be my last MS console unless they get rid of some of the stupid crap they put into it (highly doubt it). It should be, first and foremost, a gaming console. But instead it's an all in one "entertainment" tv console that looks like a VCR from the 90s. I would have overlooked the entertainment console portion and considered the XBone, but with Kinect always watching and recording your habits, and having to check in online once a day, otherwise the console won't function, is a deal breaker for me.

Go to a PS4? Maybe, but something tells me Sony will do something similar to what MS is doing as far as the used game fee goes (they haven't denied it yet), and who knows what other form of DRM they will have (I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented a check in online system like MS will). Afterall, it wouldn't be fair for MS to receive revenue from used games and not Sony as well.
if both xbox and ps4 goes that route, the PS3 would be the last console for me.
anyways Xbox one is $499!  but xbox will still be selling the 360 in a new redesigned form

I have only read the headlines and haven't read or watched any of the E3 stuff yet, but seems like I was wrong about Sony trying to copy MS for the next gen consoles. Looks like they are listening to the consumers and giving them what they want. Bravo Sony, bravo :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like MS is going to get rid of the 24 hour check in requirement, along with the used game fee/policy.

Great news, but the always connected Kinect is still a deal breaker for me. All they have to do now is "un-bundle" the Kinect from the XBone.
Still, will be tough for MS to win back their fans after trying to throw ridiculous requirements in our faces.

Archived