Dramas you WOULDN'T recommend?

Guest NS Yoonji

Guest Liesje

Just like everyone else, Big is also on my list. I actually didn't finish it (i guess i saw the ending coming). I stopped after the episode they kissed and i think i can/should be happy with that ending as i saw bits of the last few epsiode(s) and those sucked.

Bad Guy: Not that the drama was bad or anything, it had a pretty decent revenge plot and all, but the ending in the drama was so depressing that it haunted me for days (it was the 2nd terrible ending i have ever seen in my life after the US movie The Mist).

My first kdrama i saw was I Am Sam and after that was Boys Before Flowers and i loved it so much, still consider it as my favorites only because it was so popular and seen it when the episodes came out and first genre (flower boys) i've seen. But now after so many kdrama's i have seen, i wanted to watch BOF back but it was terrible and (she was) annoying.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fantast1k1

Hi All! Glad for this thread, now I know what drama not to watch. I wonder if WAML will surpass FK as the most hated drama =))

Here's my list...not that long yet.

1. Queen of Ambition-as much as I like Su Ae, this drama just kept the suspense after each episode then nothing happens...Ha Ryu's revenge was pathetic...Da Hae kept getting away after all the evil deeds...the ending was ridiculous.

2. When A Man Loves-I should have stopped around Episode 8...now, I'm sucked in to finishing because I just want to see how it ends...this one's really bad...stay away.

Here's from old school...Autumn in My Heart...didn't like the story, kept thinking incest...ending sucked...luv Won Bin though. Summer Scent, couldn't stand it...had to stop watching it...there's one more that I can't even remember the name...with Jo In Sung...another badly written drama...there's dialogue where the brother said to the lady something like I think you're my mom; you are my twin...WTF kinda dialogue is that! I saw this two recently because I like JIS...I was curious for SSH, also because of the lead actress.

Guest fantast1k1

@laquetahodge even KSW felt the WTFkery of Yawang...hilarious!If I were the actors, I won't accept a script that doesn't have a concrete ending...TWTWB was okay, liked the cinematography...however the ending was open to interpretation.

Guest SKimura

One man's meat is another man's poison - haha!  KMM is one of my favourite actors after seeing him in Beethoven Virus and Closer to Heaven but somehow KOD didn't d anything for me. 

I prefer dramas made for cable TV - wittier and better scripts, eg.  I need romance 2, Nine, Reply 1997, the Flower Boys series ...

For mainstream TV stations, sometimes, a gem comes along like That Winter the Wind Blows - hopes better dramas come blowing our way ...  ;;)

Guest showoff

1.)  Flower Boy Ramen Shop.  Although you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to k-dramas, this I could not bear to watch.

2.)  Dream High 2.  Such high expectations, but a lousy, directionless storyline doomed this drama from the start.  A shame too since it sported some pretty good idols that sorta knew how to act.

Typically, I avoided dramas and wouldn't watch or recommend any dramas that falls in the below catergories :

1. Dramas in which either the male or female leads died in the end. It is too sad for my taste. 
  2. Dramas which has an open ending. After hours of watching, there is no conclusion. It leaves me unsatisfied not knowing the final outcome. 
  3. Dramas where the female lead is in a relationship with the male years who is more 10 years her junior. I know I am biased but it looks like the guy is looking for a mother figure. 

rikimaiu said: Typically, I avoided dramas and wouldn't watch or recommend any dramas that falls in the below catergories :

1. Dramas in which either the male or female leads died in the end. It is too sad for my taste. 
  2. Dramas which has an open ending. After hours of watching, there is no conclusion. It leaves me unsatisfied not knowing the final outcome. 
  3. Dramas where the female lead is in a relationship with the male years who is more 10 years her junior. I know I am biased but it looks like the guy is looking for a mother figure. 

Guest sicknine

showoff said:

1.)  Flower Boy Ramen Shop.  Although you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to k-dramas, this I could not bear to watch.

2.)  Dream High 2.  Such high expectations, but a lousy, directionless storyline doomed this drama from the start.  A shame too since it sported some pretty good idols that sorta knew how to act.

Guest sicknine

I wanted to wish good luck to people who is still watching When a Man Loves (after reading so much bad review in this thread). Suffer peoples :))  >:) I done with Fashion King last year. And I bet at the end you will asking yourself : What did I just watched for 20 episodes? :))

I prefer dramas made for cable TV - wittier and better scripts' date=' eg.  I need romance 2, Nine, Reply 1997, the Flower Boys series ...For mainstream TV stations, sometimes, a gem comes along like That Winter the Wind Blows - hopes better dramas come blowing our way ...  ;;)[/quote']

Up until this post I thought all the stations were the same

Guest Liam_H

This seems like a fun thread so I'll contribute, although I've hardly watched as much as the people that are on here...

I Miss You - I know this is a melodrama but is this seriously how all of them are like? That is an honest question. The phrase a River of Tears fits this drama because the amount of tears shed could fill a river. It felt like someone was crying in every damn scene, I mean as the drama progresses you hard pressed to find a scene where someone isn't crying. 

IRIS 2 - The original had flaws but this one trumps it in every way.

Guest iheartyou1518

wouldn't recommend dramas..
BOF- there are good parts but the female lead's acting is just... meh. 
Fugitive plan B - the story confuse me sometimes and the leads have no chemistry..
I am legend- it's boring and has no love line
lie to me- funny at first but get draggy at the end
midas- boring.
ohlala couple- i hated that she forgive the lead guy after all he's done to her.. tsk tsk
that would be all for now.. :)

Guest arjoon

spring wilts-boring

i miss you - i hate the ending

big - i love the story and the actors but hate the fainal epiesod

my fair lady-boring

my princess-very booorin

dr-jin- it waste of time

sungunkwan scandle- love the bigining but the four fainal episode became dragy

oh lala - ilso love the begining but hate the ending

Cheongdamdong Alice- i love the leading actors but the story is boring and wast of time

Guest guccigal

Since there's just too many 'NO's' for When A Man Loves,I've decided to delete my videos and subs.
Thank you, gals.  Keep it coming.

@guccigal: Good choice. I watched FK all the way (#$%#%$^%$#^!!), still gave WAML a go until ep 8, since then have been following squeecaps (recaps) on some site just to see how terrible the story got. It's REALLY terrible, but I read the recaps when I am bored and have a good laugh at how terrible the plot is. It's a mystery why anyone in Korea still tunes into that, with better dramas out there.

Funny how many ppl mentioned BOF... I still think it's worth a go, it's not the worst drama out there. GHS is totally annoying, and so is Gu Jun Pyo's mother.... but it's not ALL bad. LMH really rocked his role (although he couldn't save Faith...)

I iiked WIHM enough, but I thought the cell phone thing in the last ep was a little silly... (I doubt this is much of a spoiler... sorry if it is)

A lot of dramas start of well then start dragging. e.g. SKKS (think someone menitoned this already)

Funny how noone mentioned Winter Sonata (my husband's most hated drama... HAHA.. I just start humming the song and he will shoot me a DAGGER look!) - I liked it though!

klesis said: @guccigal: Good choice. I watched FK all the way (#$%#%$^%$#^!!), still gave WAML a go until ep 8, since then have been following squeecaps (recaps) on some site just to see how terrible the story got. It's REALLY terrible, but I read the recaps when I am bored and have a good laugh at how terrible the plot is. It's a mystery why anyone in Korea still tunes into that, with better dramas out there.

Funny how many ppl mentioned BOF... I still think it's worth a go, it's not the worst drama out there. GHS is totally annoying, and so is Gu Jun Pyo's mother.... but it's not ALL bad. LMH really rocked his role (although he couldn't save Faith...)

I iiked WIHM enough, but I thought the cell phone thing in the last ep was a little silly... (I doubt this is much of a spoiler... sorry if it is)

A lot of dramas start of well then start dragging. e.g. SKKS (think someone menitoned this already)

Funny how noone mentioned Winter Sonata (my husband's most hated drama... HAHA.. I just start humming the song and he will shoot me a DAGGER look!) - I liked it though!

Archived