annyeongnaesarang.jpg

Goodbye My Love 안녕 내 사랑(1999)

Starring: Kim Hee-Seon, Ahn Jae-Wook, Jeong Joon-Ho, Lee Tae-Ran, Lee Hye-Young

Director: Lee Chang-Soon

Genre: TV, Drama

Production: MBC

Distribution: MBC

Language: Korean

The gorgeous duo of An Jae Wook and Kim Hee Seon star in one of the best-loved Korean dramas ever, Goodbye My Love.Before this drama they starred in Sunflower in 1998. Min Soo (An Jae Wook, Star In My Heart) and Gi Tae (Jeong Joon Ho, Marrying The Mafia) have been friends for years. Thirteen years ago, Min Su saved Gi Tae's life, and in return, Gi Tae's father hires Min Su to permanently keep his son out of trouble. Loyal to the last, Min Su dutifully looks over his friend, who is a reckless and rather spoilt playboy.

One night the two good-looking young men are out on the town and come across a couple of beautiful ladies. Yeon Ju (Kim Hee Seon, Bichunmoo) and Jung Ae (Lee Hae Young, First Love) are roommates and both work together too at a local factory. Eager to impress the girls, Gi Tae and his ever-loyal friend begin to tell a very tall tale to the girls, in the hope of impressing them. But little do they know that they will live to regret their lies.

SOURCE : 안녕 내 사랑

안녕 내 사랑

안녕 내 사랑

안녕 내 사랑

Guest uskpop

I love this drama. And also I cried like a river especially toward to the end. It's soso sad. Feel so much heartache for both main characters KHS and AJW.

• 3 months later...
Guest suzziee

I watched this a looong time ago... where does Lee Tae Ran come out? (which character was she?)

I didn't find it fantastic though. KHS always leaves me sort of.. apathetic.

And the storyline was kind of trite to me. (I tried watching this after things like Autumn in my Heart) and just somehow... the characters didn't worm themselves into my heart.

If you're looking for some old KHS shows, I'd say to go with Sunflower, which she also co-starred with AJW in. The script was partially co-written by In Jung-ok (Ruler of your own world, Ireland) and it takes a very hollistic view of life in the hospital and the job of healing (doctors). Its sort of floaty and light, yet is rather steeped in reality. Produced by Lee Jin-seok (PD for All about Eve, Cloud Stairway etc) the romance elements also come out fairly well. So its sort of a good mix. Plus, there is good balance between the sub-characters (CTH, KJE etc) who are now stars in their own right. I sort of like it as a good example of pre-K wave dramas cos its very unassuming, provided you can get past the scary lipstick colours and hairstyles :X

whoops. went off on a tangent. But anyhoos, Goodbye my Love was rather forgettable (for me anyways)

Guest chuck97

I watched this a looong time ago... where does Lee Tae Ran come out? (which character was she?)

I didn't find it fantastic though. KHS always leaves me sort of.. apathetic.

And the storyline was kind of trite to me. (I tried watching this after things like Autumn in my Heart) and just somehow... the characters didn't worm themselves into my heart.

If you're looking for some old KHS shows, I'd say to go with Sunflower, which she also co-starred with AJW in. The script was partially co-written by In Jung-ok (Ruler of your own world, Ireland) and it takes a very hollistic view of life in the hospital and the job of healing (doctors). Its sort of floaty and light, yet is rather steeped in reality. Produced by Lee Jin-seok (PD for All about Eve, Cloud Stairway etc) the romance elements also come out fairly well. So its sort of a good mix. Plus, there is good balance between the sub-characters (CTH, KJE etc) who are now stars in their own right. I sort of like it as a good example of pre-K wave dramas cos its very unassuming, provided you can get past the scary lipstick colours and hairstyles :X

whoops. went off on a tangent. But anyhoos, Goodbye my Love was rather forgettable (for me anyways)

Lee Tae Ran played Jeong sister.

i loved this series. i think it was my first korean series. even before Autumn Tale or Hotelier..i loved how they developed the love story between AJW and KHS. after that i actually became a fan of the couple and got addicted to Sunflower which also had them..hehhee...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest conduongmuathu

I think Sunflower is better than this drama

AJW and KHS look so gorgeous together. Hopefully, they will costar in another drama

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest cantiara

So, I'm thinking to watch this drama, but I need to know one thing: Does it have a sad ending? The title implies it, but, I just want to make sure.

• 2 years later...

Archived