[Drama 2013] Princess Aurora 오로라 공주

Guest YunRa1430270238

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greenian

I can't help but feel that the people portrayed in this drama is a reflection of the people around the writer.  With her ongoing lawsuit with her in laws, this is probably her way of venting out :).  I am abandoning ship, not motivated to watch it anymore.

If this drama is reflection of the people around the writer, then I wish she would make it that RR chooses SH over MM.  Torn between his sisters and his wife, MM will not have a easy time.  In one the earlier episodes, he confides to the director friend that he is going to take the sisters' side every time they have a squabble.  If he does that, which girl  in the right mind would want to be married to a husband who will not support her.  The so called magic of chemistry will disappear into thin air.

As for RR's mom, why would she as a mother wants her daughter to be married to MM when alternative is way better? Didn't she even comment herself that the girl will be so lucky to be married into the SH household.  She is definitely not a wise mother, giving in to "chemistry", which I think it should be called "stupidity".

I have given up on this series a little while ago and has just started re-watching it a few episodes ago.  Now, I think it is time to take a break again.  Reading the posts will be more interesting than watching the drama itself.

I can see MM's 3 sisters being shameless and asking RR for help. And, we alll know that still waters run deep, so, my guess is that RR will help. How the writer is going resolve the MM's sisters and RR will be interesting.  I think that will be the opening for them to reconnect and possibly get back together.  But then again, the writer could get stupid and take another random turn,,

As @kdramafan1 mentioned, I did remember MM telling the director that he between RR and the sisters, he will side the sisters if there is any disagreement. With that kind of thinking and attitude, i dont want RR to end up with him. With MM siding the sisters, RR will definitely suffer in that family as no one will back her up. 
Even though the sisters will agree for MM and RR to date or marry after MM's disapperance act, I don't think they will let go of MM that easily. They worry that MM will be bullied by RR knowing how much he loves her. somehow I don't see MM and RR to have a happy marriage life as the sisters will definitely interfere. 
Sometimes I think the writter must be drunk while writing the script. I mean to have SS's father lusting after the eldset sister is ridiculous. I used to follow this drama faithfully but now I skipped a few episodes here and there. I really hope this drama will turn around and have better storyline. 

But mm did something his sisters didn't agree to and that was he left them high and dry. Mm has shown to take steps away from the three hags who are his sisters, gotta be in their 40 or 50s and still not married....if i was mm id ask them why they aint married!?
This past week the sisters know why mm left and its because of them but they also brought up something that is almost religious in korea....the memory of the deceased..."How are we to face our mother?" They said....that is a tale tale sign of the change that's coming that they will accept rr into their household, but good thing is...mm parents ae gone so they can stay with rr and her mom.

Guest derekmcg

I can't believe this drama has just been been extended by 30 episodes! Surely MBC has far better writers (with far better ideas!) in its stable?

In Princess Aurora, episode 85, Hwang Ma Ma(played by Oh Chang Suk)’s sisters begged Oh Ro Ra(played byJun So Min) to marry Ma Ma.

As Ma Ma left home, the three sisters came to Ro Ra’s house. Hwang Si Mong(played by Kim Bo Yun) said, “Ma Ma left home. He became a monk. Please marry him.” Ro Ra was shocked and answered, “You are asking me to marry him after hurting me? I’ve done enough. I’m not going to get fooled again. You still don’t like me anyways.”

The three sisters went down on their knees and said, “We’ll be nice to you from now on. Nicer than Ma Ma. We’re not asking to you get married to him for the time being. We’re asking you to get married to him for real.”

In Princess Aurora, episode 85, Oh Ro Ra(played by Jun So Min) visited the temple where Hwang Ma Ma(played by Oh Chang Suk) was staying at.

Ro Ra, who still has not moved on from Ma Ma, thought of him becoming a monk and got sad. She cried as she thought of him. Eventually, she went to the temple where he was at with his three sisters.

What a waste of time Episode 85 was!  What was that?  40 minutes of essentially nothing.  MM's sisters crying (we get ia already), RR telling them off but not kicking them out then hiding in her room "thinking" and then more "thinking" in the hotel room.  In between we see SG and DJ's useless and boring relationship.  And what's with the random scene showing Director Yoon waking up in his bed that has no blankets?  What dramatic purpose did that serve?  Certainly not to show the passage of time because time is so messed up in this drama.  I'm always taling about the bad editing in this show and the passage of time really shows it.  You'll see one family sitting down for breakfast and then another one having dinner, and then move on to a day-time drama shooting scene.

I felt that nothing was resolved in this episode and all that happened is more of what we've been complaining of: more wishy washy behavior from RR.  Let's look at this rationally.

So MM goes off to be a monk.  Does his letter say that it was because of RR?  Does the world really revolve around her?  Maybe, during his travels and visits, he just found something that reached out to him?  But maybe he is upset so it should be a fairly easy decision to say, "OK, I'll go with you to talk to him.  But I'm not getting back with him.  You [sisters] messed up and changed our futures and that's the way it has to be.  The world doesn't revolve around your brother and yourselves.  I've found someone new, someone really good, and I'm not going to dump him and his family just to play nurse to your brother."

Or let's assume that MM did decide to be a monk because of RR.  If so, then there's really nothing she can do.  So unless she's really prepared to dump SH, which would be really mean and dishonorable of her at this point, she really has not business going to see MM.

I think I'll be taking a break from this show too.  It's gotten really bad and we're only at the halfway point if MBC is extending this.  I personally am always against extensions becuse they never go well.  A writer never extends the ending because I find that most writers aren't creative enough to do that.  It's as though they have a set ending that absolutely cannot change (i.e. let's move beyond the happily ever after and have a few episodes of the characters actually living happily ever after).  Intead, extensions always mean we get a bunch of filler material in the middle.  I don't need to waste my time on filler, especially filler written by this writer.

I agree with you @jechoi1.  It would be so very irresponsible of RR to go back to MM at this point.  If her heart was still not settled, she shouldn’t have led SH on.  That would be most unfair to SH.  Like @jechoi1 said, RR should have just told MM’s sisters very firmly that she will not be getting back with him.  She had found someone new, someone who is really good.

I hope RR’s mother knock some sense into her, if she has any in her.  But looking at her character in ep 85, she looks like one who can be easily swayed.  I thought RR was a smart girl, cannot be manipulated, but it looks like I’m proven wrong.

I don’t know if anyone remembered the scene in ep 80 where SH was drunk and RR asked him about the visit to the fortune teller.  RR wanted to know what the fortune teller had told SH.  From the subs, SH told RR that he will have unrequited love initially, but later on will be reciprocated.  I hope this is a hint to an ending of RR/SH.

Guest atomickitty

ya.. RR.. go back to MM. I hope you marry him and live with those 3 witches and have them revert to treating you like sh!t. Let's see how long they stay grateful for what you've done. I don't understand 'love'. I must be the most unromantic and materialistic woman alive. I would pick SH HANDS DOWN over MM. Why do I want a mama's boy with THREE mamas? He essentially ran away from home and they had to go look for him. I would feel better if he moved into an apartment and went on living his life.. but what did he do? He went to become a MONK. That's the grownup equivalent of stomping your feet. All it took was RR to come and suddenly he's not feeling the monk calling? What an overgrown man-child. I don't care how good looking you are, how I'm treated by those around you is very important. I wouldn't throw away the affections of a good man, with family that adore me, to be with that idiot because of 'love'. Now, the writer might decide to make SH into a bad person now to make those that are for SH move back to MM, but I won't buy it. OH.. I could rant some more but am gonna stop now. Stupid useless.. stupid..

Archived