[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest lexurite

Here's a heartbreaking fanvid, bring tissues before watching this ! A MUST WATCH for all the Empress Ki fans!
youtube.com/watch?v=4IsJKIa4mEQ

(I don't know how to insert a Youtube video :( )

Guest joowonelle

ReyamA said: @pegster First of all i mean path* .. sorry i wrote my comment very fast. Sec: why are you so angry ! yes i watched the 51 episodes of empress ki. Each person has a certain conclusion.. She told the emperor `I love you ` after yeaaaaaaaars .. ofcourse she lived with him for years .. she had a child from him .. but the one that she loved with all her heart was the king ! go check the 50 episodes again please ! .. she had always loved the king and she cared about the emperor. well this is not what i want to talk about .. my point is all about the final scene ..The writers can complete the scene and make her ride with the Emperor just as before but he didn´t, WHY ?? cuz She will not choose the same path, the path that took everyone from her, she is the only one that left in the palace, In her next next life just as SN said she will choose the King ! The writers will give us a leason that you will pay for every choose you make in life .. and That choice from SN has took everything + everyone from her.. 
Again i dont want to fight with you .. everyone has his one mind and thought. and now i will tell you all guys a goodbye ,,,  i hope we can see each other with another great drama very soon .. 
BYE 

i guess the person who said sn will choose wy in next life.....really dont  understand the subs...or perhaps the subtitles she read missing the word DONTremember me in next life... :-/ :-/ :-/
and so sorri to crush their heart...with Northcape cf...even after 650 years...she meet with paeha...and keep dreaming abt him too....
 regarding the horse riding scene....some who insist she would choose wy instead of th...well it is up to ur own opinion...as for me ..she is fated to be with th since tat time....they are connected by red thread of destiny...:)>- :)>-

• Like 1

@wheel - The writers did not follow history regarding Wang Yoo or TT. If they had, Wang Yoo wouldn't even have been in this drama (completely fictional) and TT died after being exiled and poisoned. 
@pegster - I haven't thanked you for for the final time for taking the time to translate subs for us. I really appreciate your patience and willingness to do so.  ^:)^
Goltahair.jpg

Guest august101

I desperately want to avoid any ship drama but I'm genuinely curious about whether SN dreamt of TH the same way she dreamt about WY.

There's the ep 50 one foreseeing WY's death and I remember way back during the maid era she dreamed of him urging her to protect her fellow tributes and not take revenge but I can't remeber if there was anything similar involving TH.

And I say again- not shipping;bad memory.

Guest bashful

i guess the person who said sn will choose wy in next life.....really dont  understand the subs...or perhaps the subtitles she read missing the word DONT
remember me in next life...

:-/ :-/ :-/

and so sorri to crush their heart...with Northcape cf...even after 650 years...she meet with paeha...and keep dreaming abt him too....

regarding the horse riding scene....some who insist she would choose wy instead of th...well it is up to ur own opinion...as for me ..she is fated to be with th since tat time....they are connected by red thread of destiny...
:)>- :)>-

Many viewers are thrown off by the ending scene with the horse. I am not going to argue with anyone because all viewers are free to believe whatever they want .... but yes the CF and the ending when SN told TH she loves him already made it very clear whom she loves. SN stayed with TH and accepted the fact that he killed WY because she loved him.

I guess if I don't end up with the guy I truly love with all my heart, I will tell him to FORGET ABOUT ME in our next life. 

And if I only care for another guy, I should tell him I LOVE HIM, SINCERELY, for whatever reason besides being truly sincere and truthful.
Right. Makes total sense. 

• Love 1

Guest joowonelle

But I have a little confusion though... Was the emperor's death also a flashback or he survived until Nyang's brothers' deaths by the King Gongmin? Was that scene a few years later after the death of the traitors? And when it was reported to Sunyang that Taltal died, why did she utter "Viceroy" instead of "regent"? Ahhh! Empress Ki hangover... can't get over you!

@joowonelleIt wasn't a flashback. It was some years later after the death of the traitors. He lived long enough, right before the fall of the Yuan empire. In that scene, SN just received the news that Taltal died, and the rebellion is getting closer to the capital. Production just didn't make them look old, so it was very confusing without the subs. But the subs cleared it up.
I don't think she said "Viceroy", I think she said "teacher"...not sure about this though.

Guest joowonelle

ChelseaS said: @joowonelleIt wasn't a flashback. It was some years later after the death of the traitors. He lived long enough, right before the fall of the Yuan empire. In that scene, SN just received the news that Taltal died, and the rebellion is getting closer to the capital. Production just didn't make them look old, so it was very confusing without the subs. But the subs cleared it up.
I don't think she said "Viceroy", I think she said "teacher"...not sure about this though.

august101 said: I desperately want to avoid any ship drama but I'm genuinely curious about whether SN dreamt of TH the same way she dreamt about WY.

There's the ep 50 one foreseeing WY's death and I remember way back during the maid era she dreamed of him urging her to protect her fellow tributes and not take revenge but I can't remeber if there was anything similar involving TH.

And I say again- not shipping;bad memory.

MBC’s ‘Empress Ki’ gathers huge praises from viewers and critics for its Final Episode class="post-title"MBC’s ‘Empress Ki’ gathers huge praises from viewers and critics for its Final Episode

1388498937-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=28&random= Jamie 1 Comment 0 views May 1, 2014share2 share0 share0

MBC’s top ranking historical drama had finally come to an end last 29th of April and the final episode, although mostly tragic and sad, did not disappoint both critics and viewers.

Ha Ji Won who played the role of the lead, Empress Ki, couldn’t contain her gratitude and happiness on how people accepted the drama. MBC released a video of Ha Ji Won on the drama’s official website with she saying, “I am very much grateful to each and everyone who watched Empress Ki un til the very end. The drama has garnered so much love from the viewers and I can not express in words how happy I am that you stick with us until the end. Our entire cast, along with the production team and staff, we thank you with all our heart.”

She also added, “Ki Seungnyang faced a lot of twists and turns, both tragic encounters and beautiful life lessons. I have learned a lot embracing the character, and I also hope you learned something from Empress Ki too. This project truly proves that harwork does pay off.”

Ha Ji Won truly faced a lot of challenges while working on the project. She showed excellency in acting which made her really deserve the “Daesang Award” she got last year at the MBC Drama Awards. Her role as “Empress Ki” is about a woman of Koryo who started to be just a vigilant local warrior that seek vengeance for the death of her parents, but turned out to be a woman that will change the entire Yuan dynasty by being the nation’s empress. Ha Ji Won played the role perfectly and proved her undying charisma once again

Credit: Koreandrama.com

I was read the recap of ep 50 51.. SN told TW that she love him..am i wrong?

I will watch empress ki tomorrow..

From the beginning SN was loved Tw? Not king goryeo?

Or something i miss?

Please replay if you dont mind.. Hehehe

Guest empresski2013lover

Omg guys are you serious???why all that fight ?? !! it is not like that the king or the emperor are dating SN in real life !! IT IS A DRAMA .. hahahah i know how you feel guys because we were into it.. 
By the way i agree with the people that said that wang yoo is the true love of SN STOP FIGHTING .. IT IS  A DRAMA HAHAH 

Guest lovingkdrama

bashful said:

ReyamA

said:

@Cherkell .. yes it was her wrong choice ! .. it's not only about with who she ride !! .. this scene have a lot of meanings, when she choose to ride with the emperor, she choose for power, she let her true love gone cuz of her revenge. She lost everyone she cared about when she became an empress, the only thing that left for her was the power !! she regret choosing that bath, and that is why the writer made the final scene, she was hesitating. 
The writers can complete the scene and make her ride with the Emperor just as before but he didn´t, cuz if she has to choose again After what she has been through, then she will choose the King and be happy in her next life.

Guest lovingkdrama

bashful said:

Wow. I just watch the final episode with the official english sub. So, when SN reminise about her cleaning TH's ear, it was "and I...I love you". She intended to tell him that she loves him first but instead TH interupted to say it first. So even if TH said it or not, she planned to tell him that moment. Also, by TH's expression after hearing her said that they need to visit the North, he realized that they are fleeing. It can also be a reason why he was willing to finally die (well SN confession as the main reason though). One thing i'm confuse was when she said "and I love you". Does she mean that that was when the time she started loving him? Maybe later on she realize that that was the moment she started loving him? But didnt she become pregnant w/ WY's child after that? :-/